CBS Renews Unforgettable for Season 3

unforgettable-s2-300Make a note so you’ll remember: CBS’ Unforgettable will be back for a third season.

RELATED | TVLine’s 2013 Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Getting Cancelled?

This past summer, the series averaged 8.23 million viewers, more than twice what the Sunday 9/8c time period garnered the year before.

Are you happy that Carrie & Co. are coming back? Sound off in the comments!

1. Excellent! I really loved the season this summer, so I’m very happy!

• Bob Tompkins says:

Me too. I thought this show’s writing was vastly improved. Looking froward to season 3.

• Lauren says:

So glad to hear the show’s coming back! I find the whole concept of hyperthymesia really fascinating, and the romance between Carrie and Al is yummy:)

• Jeff Webb says:

I am very happy to see this show on the schedule. I enjoy it, I watch it and I like the chemistry in the cast. It may not be my favorite show on television, but I like it and watch it whenever it’s on so I’m pleased that CBS is keeping this on the air.

• Michael j daily says:

I’m thrilled beyond words, I love the whole cast and concept. Poppy is too hot for words. I love the word play between her and her partner.

2. Where’s the rest of season 2?

• LaurenTVEA (@LaurenTVEA) says:

Thats what I’m thinking?!? They haven’t aired the rest of s2…only aired 8 and I think there’s suppose to be 13?

• Stacey says:

Poppy was pregnant earlier this year. While they were shooting… I wonder if they cut the number of episodes, she was only beginning to be visable with the episodes they showed. Which accounted for the late July start. Since they only had a certain number.

• Amy Perrin says:

It was actually only 7 episodes that aired, which means we should have 6 more episodes. CBS better air those!

• We still don’t know the exact date. as far as I can remember, they talked about airing the remaining episodes after one of the newbies of the channel. I’m not so sure though. But the fact that they are going to air is true, I think it was even confirmed by Poppy.1 thing is for sure. must be earlier than summer! Because: CBS’ Unforgettable will be back for a third season. The series, starring Poppy Montgomery, will return with 13 new episodes in summer 2014, the network announced Friday. My guess? They are going to start airing those 6 episodes around late April or May so there won’t be such a big hiatus between season 2 and season 3 :)

• Debra Petra says:

I sure hope so, I miss watching Unforgettable and am looking forward to it coming back on, then on to the 3rd season….Yeah!
            Thanks for the update!

• Lynnette says:

I’ve just watched online 13 episodes of season 2, great show

• Mamma Mia says:

I am wondering the same thing.

• liz says:

lol glad I’m not the only one! I thought I just suddenly forgot how to read my PVR guide or I missed some news.

• kim says:

Hey there was 13 episodes I’ve watched them even though they didn’t show up on the sites.

3. John says:

Fun show! Glad it will be back.

Summers are almost as entertaining as the “regular” seadon recently.

4. That’s so surprising and amazing. YAY!

5. Ryan says:

Solid summer show. I probably wouldn’t watch it on Sundays during the fall or spring.

6. Amy says:

I didn’t think it was as good as when it was on during the regular season. For one, Dallas Roberts is just not believable in his role (he doesn’t have any gravitas, which is what that role needs). But, all in all, it’s still a good enough show to deserve a summer slot.

• liz says:

Really? I completely disagree – adding Dallas Roberts this season was a fantastic idea. He adds such charisma and depth to every character he plays; I’ve enjoyed everything he’s done and he fits in really well on Unforgettable. Him and Poppy have great chemistry.

• Lynnette says:

I too disagree I think it’s the very fact that he doesn’t appear to have any gravitas as you say that makes him work so well. Several times I’ve giggled at the very expression on his face when confronted with something Cassie has said. Somehow he is just perfect for this role.

7. Jo says:

Poor Julie Chen. Clearly Les Moonves is getting some Poppy on the side.

• Maggie says:

Ha! I thought the same thing. Why else is this drivel renewed when the likes of Vegas is cancelled? It sure isn’t because of Plastic Poppy’s acting talent.

8. Justin says:

Works better as a summer ahow. Good stuff!!

9. Jane Akl says:

I am absolutely delighted this show is returning! I liked it before and really loved it this summer!!!

10. Midori4 says:

Not a fan of the show but a fan of what CBS did. Couldn’t fit in primetime Fall-Spring so stick if in the summer and people still came along. Great job everyone.

11. Ron says:

I guess I’m completely out of the loop. No lie, I thought this show was cancelled after season 1 ended.

12. Courtney says:

The rest of the season is suppose to air in December! She also wasn’t pregnant during the taping of the show! She had the baby 2 weeks before taping started! Saw it in her blog she had with people mag!

13. Ram510 says:

With this and Under the Dome and Mistresses I’m happy to see broadcast nets committing to summer scripted series.

14. J says:

Excellent news! Season 2 was actually quite interesting and fun. I look forward to what season 3 will have in store. We need summer series like this on network tv.

15. Sarah says:

YES!!!! This is a great show, and they really used their second chance and kept the show fresh and smart every week!

16. arial2 says:

I’m happy but really surprised. The season finale seemed geared to serve as a series finale. I guess humility sometimes pays off? This short season seemed a vast improvement over the previous one. Maybe that, as well as the ratings, gave CBS confidence in the show? So glad to not be losing another good drama to horrible “reality” shows.

17. Nicola says:

Great news. A really solid show. I love the relationship between Carrie and Al. I miss Kevin Rankin though. I liked him more than the new supporting detectives. Loved their new boss. :0)

18. Maria says:

Great summer show (although I thought season 1 worked just fine in the regular fall time slot too…) and I love the new cast members.

19. ragincajun says:

I don’t think it’s a coincidence that the renewal news comes after those poor ratings for Hostages. CBS can easily move the remaining Hostages episodes to Saturday, but I don’t think Unforgettable would be the Monday replacement. A better decision would be to temporarily move The Mentalist to Monday until Intelligence premieres and then air the remaining six episodes of Unforgettable second season on Sunday after The Good Wife because it is such a cheap show and CBS could still make a profit on it at such a bad hour for them because of the football overruns. The Mentalist could then move back to Sunday after football season.

20. Brooke says:

I didn’t keep up with this show after the first couple of episodes of season 1, but I’m really glad for Poppy Montgomery that what initially seemed like a cancelled show ended up being continuing employment for her. I’ve always liked her.

21. Elaine says:

I really like this show as well. Very glad they gave it another chance and cheers to the networks for starting to realize summer can be a lucrative time for TV series. (Cause I’m freaking overdosing on great Fall television Sundays, Mondays, Tuesdays and Thursdays).
    Wish some of them were summer shows. My DVR is working overtime. (Now if the networks would smarten up and play first-run shows of popular series over the Christmas holidays, that would be a smart move. Don’t they realize at least half of us are stuck at home or at our parents with nothing to watch on the evenings we aren’t going out???) TV over Christmas is even worse than summertime watching. BORINGGGGGGGGGGGG

22. tjasa says:

(my english isn’t that good sorry) I loved S1 of unforgettable. But S2 was ok for me I still really liked it but I wanna know what happened with Al & Carrie after S1

And am I the only one who like S1 more than S2??

23. Amy Perrin says:

I am super happy that Unforgettable is getting a Season 3. Keeping my fingers crossed that CBS really airs the remaining 6 episodes from Season 2 this December.

24. Mel says:

Very glad to hear CBS reconsidered dumping it last year and even renewed it again for season 3. I’m surprised the numbers were so good despite the fact CBS seemed to randomly air it. By September I though what the heck happened to the rest of the episodes? CBS seriously needs to get their summer scheduling sh*t together. It’s not like they have that much “original” programming going on.

25. ben says:

It is on our “every week” list. Thanx for saying season 2 will finish and season 3 is coming!

26. Michelle Culbreath says:

GREAT! So glad CBS made the right decision!!!!!!!!

27. It wasn’t on but for three months, if that, REALLY sucks, I can’t wait till the summer, bring it back sooner than that!!!

28. So happy Unforgettable got its 2nd chance this summer and will be back again!!! I hate watching new shows in the beginning because as soon as I get into them, it seems they always get cancelled!! Great job CBS for seeing the mistake and believing in the potential of this great show!!!

29. Anne Maher Heller says:

Awesome show … I wondered what happened to it. I finally “googled” the show and saw that it’s coming back next summer. We really enjoy the show.

30. Ashley says:

Love this show!!!

31. Barbara Guilliams says:

I love this show and was so glad it had been renewed. However I sure thought it was coming back in the Fall and not waiting a whole year. Bad idea. Who will remember and watch by then?? Please restart earlier.

32. angelstorm says:

Yay that’s awesome !! I’m so glad it’ll be back !!

33. Jim L says:

I am extremely happy that the show will be returning. I feel it should be at least 5 seasons, Montgomery, Rains, ad the show was great last season and it’s even better this one. Keep it on the air!!!

34. sam says:

Love the show so pumped their keeping it going, can’t wait to learn more about Carrie n Al : )

35. sabrina says:

I thought episode 8 was to air tonight??? Cant find it in the guide! CBS also isnt advertising it being on… did i read the posts wrong?? Anyone know when its back on?

36. Scooter Dosit says:

Where is the rest of season two? It is now December 9, 2013 and still no sign of the remaining episodes. This is the exact reason I hate getting emotionally attached to anything on CBS, they seem to have a tendency of cutting a TV series after five or six episodes and then showing the rest later in the year. You way and you wait only to discover CBS has canceled the series even though they promise another season.

37. tina says:

Can’t wait for the return of Poppy. Unforgettable was a great show.

38. Kathy targowski says:

I love this show! So happy it is co I g back!

39. ukviking1 says:

I watched season 1 here in the UK and liked it a lot. I then heard it was cancelled, then I stumbled onto this site and see that it hasn’t been! Here in the UK I found out that a network here could pick a show up and air it for a season, and then, even tho the show hasn’t been cancelled, that network, or any other, may decide not to pick it up again! For instance Chuck, I watch and love, first 4 seasons BUT, no network picks season 5 up!! I wait and wait and then began to search on where it is, and I find out no one, NO ONE, picks season 5 up! I am gutted! I have to find that season lol. I’m an American, and UK resident, and even tho we get some great TV here from home, we don’t get it all and I’m missing American TV so damn much lol. Now, I have to find Unforgettable from somewhere in order to watch it!! I’m going mad lol.

40. bob kessler says:

great news. can’t wait until the show resumes.

41. Sharon lee says:

I am glad it is coming back. It does annoy me that the new show that is coming on “intelligence” is a compilation of “Unforgetable”, Person of Interest and other shows.

42. AXN Network has aired Episodes 8-13. Don’t know why CBS hasn’t aired them in the US.

43. D says:

On couchtuner.eu and tv-series.me you can watch ep 8 and 9 of season 2. Hope the rest will be posted soon too.

44. D.L. says:

I could not believe the show did not come back on when it was time for the new season to begin. The shows that require thought, and that cause you to become engaged with the character’s and story line, seem too often victims of the axe. A shame indeed. Can’t wait for the show to begin again.

45. Jeri says:

I am very glad the show is coming back. Love this show!

46. Danna says:

Glad to see it coming back. Liked it alot.

47. IVETTE MUNOZ says:

Excellent! I really loved it! So glad to hear the show’s coming back!

48. I’m ecstatic. Loved this show and was so ticked when it was cancelled after season 1. Was overjoyed that they brought it back last summer!