Scoop: Fox Snags Damon Wayans Jr. Pilot Man/Child — With Modern Family and Wilfred Vets

Get More: Pilots, Scoop

Damon-Wayans-Jr-Fox-ComedyCould Damon Wayans Jr. be Fox’s New Guy? Quite possibly.

The Happy Endings alum — who is in the midst of shooting a major Season 3 arc on New Girl — is poised to stay in the Fox family now that the network has given a pilot-production committment to Man/Child, a new comedy project set to be directed by Modern Family co-executive producer Jason Winer and written by Reed Agnew and Eli Jorne, the showrunners from FX’s canine comedy Wilfred.

RELATED | Happy Ending? Eliza Coupe Cast as Will Arnett’s Ex on CBS’ The Millers

Man/Child is about a pair of single dads who become roommates and “struggle to find the balance between being responsible parents and debaucherous bachelors.”

Excited to see Wayans Jr. back in action and headlining his own show? Any ideas on which actor should pay the other half of the rent? Sound off in the comments!

Comments (14)

• I was hoping he’d be a regular on New Girl again. Oh we’ll.

Comment by Important feedback. – September 27, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This. Other shows can add extra people to the regular cast: e.g. Big Bang Theory of Person of Interest without any loss of quality, so why not Coach? DWJ was in the pilot, I’m sure his return arc will be so well received season 4 of New Girl will make him a regular. Or at least give him extra episodes for New Girl’s back nine around February sweeps and/or the third season finale to set him up for being a regular next season.

And to add another point from below, if Eliza Coupe can be added along the way that would be ah-mah-zing (I know that was Penny’s catchphrase) because she had terrific chemistry with DWJ and New Girl could benefit from that kind of crazy. Brad and Jane were the highlight of the much missed Happy Endings.

Comment by Scott – September 28, 2013 01:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • No Eliza Coupe, no credibility.

Comment by Paul – September 27, 2013 03:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I will miss Brad and Jane forever. Best married TV couple ever

Comment by A – September 27, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There just aren’t enough shows about men/single dads who don’t want to grow up in the world!

Comment by Jess – September 27, 2013 04:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The two versions of Manchild called, they want their title back :)

Comment by allan (@lzblock) – September 27, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this We Are Men or a singles-only Guys With Kids? A combination, I guess.

Comment by Eric – September 27, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t care what it is. Watching it. I miss my Happy Endings gang! I want them all on TV again. I already watch all the shows a bunch of them are guest or regular starring on.

Comment by rachelle – September 27, 2013 05:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • so my hopes for Damon to come back as a series regular on New Girl is shattered?!

Comment by Maria – September 27, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was hoping he would’ve replaced Winston

Comment by Bob – September 28, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love Winston – especially when he’s “puzzlin’”.

Comment by Audrey – September 29, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Echoing other comments here – how is it possible that yet ANOTHER “single dads who need to grow up” show has been greenlit? SNOOZE. I loved Happy Endings (so much!) but I will not watch this.

Comment by Audrey – September 29, 2013 07:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on Bag Lady Boutique.

Comment by bagladyboutique – September 29, 2013 09:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post