Exclusive

Exclusive Chicago Fire First Look: Dawson's Got Date Night Plans With...?

Dawson’s got a hot date on next Tuesday’s Chicago Fire (NBC, 10/9c), and it’s not with Casey — though he does rather awkwardly find out about it in this exclusive video.

RELATED | Chicago Fire Season 2 Spoilers — Dawson/Shay Rift

Adding salt to Casey’s wound is the fact that the news comes out after he asks Dawson to come over for Chinese food and a movie. Hmm, that sounds suspiciously like a date, as well.

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. Elizabeth says:

love it!! Go girl! I’m glad she has a “dinner thing”…probably with the cutie from mob doctor. however, i can’t wait until casey gets together with dawson!!!! love their chemistry.hopefully it happens sooner rather than later.

• Sam says:

Can’t wait to see Casey and Dawson finally get together. They are so AMAZING together! No one can deny that Dawson loves Casey with all her heart after the look she gave him when he almost fell off the building in the premiere episode. She doesn’t want to rush him after what happened to Hallie but it’s obvious that they are meant to be together ;)

• Hallie says:

I believe he is a cop and is trying to get dirt on molly’s they think she is corrupt.

2. sarah says:

I do not want Dawson and Casey together, so whomever else she dates is fine. I did like her with Mills though.

• Nicole says:

I agree with this. Dawson and Mills are much better together. I think Dawson is trying to pull Casey in too quickly. She is acting like she wants to be his friend but I think otherwise. She did the same when Matt and Hallie broke up in season 1

3. Hope Dawson should be with Mills and not Casey.

4. wordsmith says:

Dawson and Casey have such fantastic “will they/won’t they” chemistry, but I can’t quite picture them being as much fun as an actual couple. I guess time will tell.

• wrstlgirl says:

That’s exactly my issue. They are good characters individually but putting them together I think would be boring. Plus I don’t see any good sexual chemistry between them. I think watching a love scene with them would be like watching paint dry.

5. tvgeek says:

Love them together! I think they should play this out a little but overall be the stable couple of the show.

6. Elyse says:

i definitely ship Dawson and Mills. i like Casey but not really a fan of him and Dawson together.

7. Cam says:

I hated Dawson with Mills. He was totally invested in their relationship while she did a bad job of trying to hide the fact that she was obviously pining over Casey. If Casey and Dawson do eventually get together, I’m glad they’re taking it slow. It wouldn’t make sense for him to rush into another relationship so soon after Hallie’s death.

8. HeatherC says:

Love Dawson and Casey together but also think that it will be awhile before they’re on the same page as far as being a couple, so I’m just going to enjoy their scenes together and keep hoping for something great in the future. =)

9. Beth says:

If Casey does want to be with her after what happened Hallie I think Dawson knows he has to make the first move. These two would be a much better fit than her and Mills because he is so childish in a lot of ways, it always seemed like she had to baby him.

• Liz says:

I AGREE WITH YOU 100%! This is exactly how I feel about Mills. Mills has alot of growing up to do…plus for some reason Casey and Dawson’s chemistry is good.

10. kim says:

I hope Dawson and Casey end up together, but I also hope they take it slow. It would be cool if Casey ends up pursuing Dawson. I think that is why they are showing Dawson dating other people. Casey will have those ‘jealousy’ feelings which aren’t consistent with just being ‘friends’.

11. kayla says:

I like it that they are tentatively working on the Casey and Dawson friendship. After all, they are co-workers. It would seem a bit tacky if Dawson goes from Mills directly to Casey (both co-workers). I love Casey as a character – I think he’s very human (Jesse Spencer does a really great job, he’s a subtle actor and doesn’t ‘over act’). Despite all the bravado, I like that Casey has a conscience and tries to do the right thing. The poor guy will probably be preoccupied with Heather’s kids and feeling guilty about Heather’s predicament. I am not sure if I believe Dawson that she is content just to be friends with Casey, but I think she won’t do anything unless Casey makes the first move. I hope they end up together, ultimately.

12. meah says:

Am not gonna watch chicago fire S2,am really not intrested in any of them anymore.love taylor kinney’s character but I got tired.Loved Dawson and mills together and now they are breaking up.sooo am over it..
    Still feel casey is always too sad/down.that’s why I never really liked him.but I know the writers are going down the dawson/casey road,soo am not gonna watch again

• autumn says:

LOL, whatever you feel is fine….but you feel that his character is always down? LOL, he hasn’t exactly had an easy life lately (if ever). I’d be WORRIED if he was happy, happy, happy! I mean, his mom killed his dad, he’s pretty much estranged from his sister, a crooked cop tried to kill him, his girlfriend first broke up with him, got back with him (for that brief moment, he was over the moon!) and then was murdered, and now a family friend is arrested for drunk driving (and judging from the preview for next week) and involuntary manslaughter.

And who knows, the writers might have something up their sleeves.

Watch or don’t watch, but I think you’re missing out. It’s your choice though :-)

13. MGL says:

Love Dawson and Casey together, but the anticipation is good too. She had no chemistry with Mills. The first episode of Season 2 was fantastic. One of the best yet.

14. Janine says:

I can’t wait for Dawson and Casey!!

15. I love Dawson and Casey! I hope Matt realizes how much he cares for Gabby and begins to pursue her romantically! Dawsey FTW! <3

16. Sophia says:

I think Casey and Dawson have a nice chemistry together. It’s not ‘hot and heavy’ chemistry, for a reason. I think the writers are trying to make Casey out to be the upstanding good guy on the show. If he were flirting madly with Dawson while he was in a relationship with Hallie (and after she died) then people would say he was a cheater (which goes against the ‘good guy’ image). I wasn’t a fan of the Casey and Hallie relationship – she left him (over not having kids) and then she walks back into his life and he automatically just takes her back (it made him look like a doormat).

17. Mary Morris says:

How about Casey taking care of those kids? He would be great.

18. emma says:

I just love dawson and casey…I love em I love em can’t wait for them to move in together.