Exclusive

Beauty and the Beast Exclusive First Look: Catherine Gets Huge News from [Spoiler]

When The CW’s Beauty and the Beast opens Season 2 on Oct. 7 (in its new Mondays-at-9 time slot), it will have been months since Catherine last saw Vincent, after he was captured and hauled away by mysterious men in a helicopter.

And in all that time, she and JT have yet to turn up a single lead on Vincent’s whereabouts. Until now.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Beauty and the Beast and 44 Other Returning Faves

In this exclusive clip from the premiere, Cat “beasts out” a bit on someone until she realizes that this person comes bearing unexpected gifts — in the form of news she has been aching to hear.

RELATED | Has Beauty and the Beast Cast Its First She-Beast?!

Press PLAY to watch Cat hiss and then be given reason to purr.

Loading video...

1. mac says:

WAIT ?! Is that Sendhil Ramamhurty (I don’t know if I wrote that correctly but Mohindar from Heroes) ?

I might’ve found a reason to watch this show afterall

• Courtney says:

Yes it’s him! He was on the show last season too!!

• despoina says:

you should really do that ;) :) it’s going to be great ;) welcome to our beastie family sweetheart ;)

• Mickey says:

I gave it a pass last fall but watched season 1 this summer, and trust me, once you give it a chance, there are plenty of reasons to watch this show. They have every episode of season 1 on showcase.ca (i don’t know if it works outside of Canada.) Sendhil is in every episode of the second half of the season, and he has a really complex and interesting character.

• Imelda says:

Love to welcome you too to Beauty and the Beast & to the Beasties family! It’s a show you’ll surely fall in love with… The story..the cast..the script..the soundtrack..even the crew/writers/ designers..&all! And non-the-less the overwhelming chemistry of Jay Ryan & Kristine Kreuk is superbly hot, full of charming & feels sOoo true!!!

2. monica says:

Yes that is Sendhil from Heroes. I cant see the video for some reason. Bummer

3. despoina says:

I am freaking out right now !!! it’s going to be so intense !!! :) and we haven’t even seen the 3 fight scenes !!! ( two of them with Kristin ! ) this show it’s really getting better and better ;)

4. Samson says:

Thanks Matt! OMG! Watching Cat discover Vincent was heart pounding – then the clip ends – AhHHH wanted more! So excited for BATB premiere OCT 7 and reunion of VinCat. This is my fave show!

5. Jared says:

So excited for S2. Can’t wait for the premiere!

6. Fran says:

Woohoo! Another clip! Can’t wait for season 2. I miss all the characters so much, especially vincat of course.

7. DROMIS says:

OMG..abe and Cat!!! THANKS FOR SHARING!!! So excited for Season 2. Can’t wait for the premiere!

8. Krissy says:

Thanks Matt! Can not WAIT for this season to start! And you just made me more anxious for Oct 7th to get here! Hmmmm…..caught that Gabe has lost his beast side when Cat saved him, interesting!

9. Christina says:

Still waiting to start this…is it actually going to continue as a viable show for the CW? If it’s still in renewal danger, I kinda don’t want to sign on for that heartbreak.

• Mickey says:

But that becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy. If people don’t watch for fear it will be cancelled, then it will be cancelled because people aren’t watching. It ranked third and fourth in the CW ratings all through the first season, so it’s well in renewal range. Four shows ranked *below* it in the CW ratings were also renewed: Hart of Dixie, Carrie Diaries, Nikita and ANTM. So they would’ve had to cancel an extra five shows this year before BatB was cut.

• liz says:

and its fans are INTENSE (and I count myself amongst them so I’m not passing judgement). The online outcry for support for this show is really strong and the show won a People’s Choice last year as a result. So that helps it too.

10. Mickey says:

Ooh, intense!

11. maria says:

Didn’t Rendhil’s character die in the finally? I thought Cat’s dad’s assistant (played by peter mooney of Rookie Blue) shot him! I’m confused!

12. Modwild says:

Um….says error loading media, file could not be played. Did Muirfield get to it??

13. liz says:

*epic clapping* !!!!!!!!!!! CANNOT WAIT. And ooo, thats interesting about Gabe – how his Beast side is “dead”. I just love this show so much.

14. BeastieAna says:

Goodie another clip from season 2! Cat looks great! I hope this time Gabe stays on the good side!

15. Mickey says:

Thanks for the scoop Matt!

16. Penny. Thank you for the scoop on Beauty and the Beast. So looking forward to new season. says:

Thank you so much for this premier clip! Helps ease the anxiety of the wait for season 2. Five more days!!!!

17. bridgette says:

Love this show my kids and I can’t wait for it every saturday in south africa

18. naomi . says:

The whole series is so nice especially vincat .