Nashville First Look: Scarlett Shines, Juliette Simmers, Rayna Meets Her New Boss

Nashville‘s Rayna and Juliette may soon be united against a stubborn, sexy roadblock: Edgehill’s new head honcho Jeff (played by Oliver Hudson, Rules of Engagement).

The photos below are from the next two episodes of the ABC musical drama. First, on Oct. 2 (10/9c), the “Red Lips, White Lies” headliners meet their new boss. He’s got definite plans for the ladies’ careers, but will his vision mesh with Rayna’s hopes for her own label and Ju’s pursuit of a more mature sound and image? (Based on Ms. Barnes’ face, we’re gonna say no.)

VIDEO | Nashville‘s Connie Britton Previews ‘Rayna 2.0′… and Her Multiple ‘Fellas’

Then, on Oct. 9, Will and Scarlett strut their countrified stuff at a Stockholders Showcase, while Gunnar and Zoey cheer them on from the crowd. (Does Picture 14 make anyone else think that Brent — aka the guy Will nearly kissed in the laundry room in this week’s episode — and Jeff may be in cahoots? But Picture 15 is full of fist-bumping goodness, so maybe we’re just being paranoid?)

Click through the photos below to lament the absence of Deacon to place bets on how long it will take Teddy to figure out Peggy’s not preggo with your predictions about what’s ahead.

Tags: ,

Comments (11)

• That picture of Scarlett with the spotlight halo is too over the top! I like the character, but that is just too much.

Comment by Moxie – September 26, 2013 09:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scarlett look…bizzare!
    Liam is back!!! Missed and Rayna need some fun in her life

Comment by Shanag (@shira710) – September 26, 2013 10:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to see Liam’s back! I’m really looking forward to this season. I like Deacon and I feel sorry for him but he’s made his own bed, has a lot of work ahead to straight things up. Liam is what Rayna needs right now.

Comment by Emma – September 26, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes, Liam!!! I just embarassed myself at work when I saw that picture. I love Deacon too but there was just some awesome chemistry between Rayna and Liam that I loved.

Comment by S – September 26, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LIAM! So happy he is back!

Comment by Ava – September 26, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think that’s Brent in picture 14 with Oliver Hudson.

Comment by C – September 26, 2013 11:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Right? I thought that was the guy Juliette slept with. Too many generic white dudes!

Comment by Lisa – September 26, 2013 11:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hah! I thought I was teh only one that couldn’t tell them apart!

Comment by Kim – September 26, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mmmmm…..Liam…..

Comment by Maggie – September 26, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Unless the next episode takes place a few months later, Rayna couldn’t be walking already after a serious car accident.

Comment by steven – September 26, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think Liam will be back for more than an episode or two, since, he’s joined the cast of Game of Thrones.
    I like Liam, but, not with Rayna and I never saw the chemistry. Liked them as friends and colleagues, but, romantically, they never clicked for me.

Comment by daniella – October 2, 2013 07:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post