ABC Renews Mistresses for Season 2

Mistresses Renewed Season 2 ABCThere’s a blip at the end of the flatline.

ABC’s addictive summer soap Mistresses — which ended its first season with Alyssa Milano’s pregnant character at death’s door — will be back to resolve its multiple cliffhangers now that the network has renewed it for Season 2.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on HIMYM, NCIS and 43 Other Returning Faves

Mistresses’ Season 1 capper drew 3.9 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, per Nielsen finals – dipping 5 percent and two tenths week-to-week off a penultimate episode that surged 17 and 30 percent to 12-week highs, as well as all-time highs in the 18-34 and Women 18-34 demos.

RELATED | Mistresses Finale Recap: From Here to Paternity

Adapted from a BBC One series, Mistresses stars Yunjin Kim, Rochelle Aytes, Jes Macallan and Milano as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes.

Excited that Mistresses won’t just be a one-season wonder? Stoked for more one-liners like “Did you see Tom’s face when you were screwing my son?” Sound off in the comments!

1. Georgia Turk says:

So glad the show is returning as I just love this show!!!!!!

2. Ashley says:

I absolutely love the show.. hope they come out with even more seasons!

3. Guest says:

I like Mistresses and am glad that it was renewed. On the other hand, why don’t those bachelor and bachelorette shows? Now that’s a waste of time. We all know those shows are scripted and those people never end up together anyway. Cut the crap, cancel those shows and bring back or write the good ones.

4. Harry says:

OMG!!! i just the the Mistresses!!! they are thee best actors EVER!!! THANK YOU ABC for continuing the series

5. james says:

it is great news its being renewed, now get harry back with savi after puts dom in his place, and keep in mind it had been noticed by fans previously that the episode where harry went to the fertility clinic the screen read “positive” for the dna object provided, which was harry’s razor device, so why the writers made it dom’s baby in the season finale is questionable?

6. Here’s the problem. Medically the baby has to be her husband’s baby. She was ovulating that day and the egg lives 12 hours. No way that Dom is the father. Make that a twist please!!!! It’s really Harry’s baby.

7. Kelly says:

I LOVE this show!!!!

8. Sharon says:

When? I want to know when it’s coming back?!!!

9. Tara says:

Absolutely LOVE this show and can’t wait for season 2!!!!

10. Bree says:

Yayyyyyhh! Great news, I can’t wait for series 2!!!

11. Christee says:

I can’t find on any website the date that the show returns. Someone let me know if you find it.

12. Ro Brown says:

Yay, I was hoping they would renew the show. THANK YOU ABC!

13. magali says:

this is fabulous news. It is not trashy, its a real part of life and is not life circumstances food for creativity. I applaud this fabulous decision, can’t wait to see the baby and the plot thickens!!!!!!!!!!Bravo ladies, BRAVO…….

14. rachelle says:

Very entertaining.Glad its coming back!

15. Lisa says:

Ok So WHEN Is this show coming back?? By the time they try and bring it back people will have forgotten about it and it will fail miserably!!

16. Shelley McNair says:

I think this is definitely a good move. I had been sad to hear that it wasn’t going to make another season. The actors are well-chosen and very individualistic in my opinion. Can’t wait for it to start.

17. Kathie says:

Excellent post. Keep writing such kind of information on your page.

Im really impressed by it.
    Hello there, You have done an incredible job.

I’ll certainly digg it and personally recommend to my
    friends. I’m sure they’ll be benefited from this site.