ABC Renews Mistresses for Season 2

Get More: Renewals

Mistresses Renewed Season 2 ABCThere’s a blip at the end of the flatline.

ABC’s addictive summer soap Mistresses — which ended its first season with Alyssa Milano’s pregnant character at death’s door — will be back to resolve its multiple cliffhangers now that the network has renewed it for Season 2.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on HIMYM, NCIS and 43 Other Returning Faves

Mistresses’ Season 1 capper drew 3.9 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, per Nielsen finals – dipping 5 percent and two tenths week-to-week off a penultimate episode that surged 17 and 30 percent to 12-week highs, as well as all-time highs in the 18-34 and Women 18-34 demos.

RELATED | Mistresses Finale Recap: From Here to Paternity

Adapted from a BBC One series, Mistresses stars Yunjin Kim, Rochelle Aytes, Jes Macallan and Milano as a quartet of pals grappling with infidelity, stalkers, reappearing presumed-dead spouses and other juicy soap-opera tropes.

Excited that Mistresses won’t just be a one-season wonder? Stoked for more one-liners like “Did you see Tom’s face when you were screwing my son?” Sound off in the comments!

Tags: ,

Comments (84)

• SO happy about this news! ABC made a GREAT decision!

Comment by Bobbi – September 25, 2013 03:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG. This just made my day. Thank you ABC!

Comment by Leo – September 25, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • finally they are keep a show that I love to watch. It makes stay in and popping a bowl of popcorn and just curl up on the couch and watch the girls of mistresses.

Comment by Cathy Weddle – October 3, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mistresses is a great show! I watch it on ABC app so hopefully they count those viewers when counting the number of viewers. Thanks ABC!

Comment by Jana – October 5, 2013 02:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • OMG!!! I am really happy love the show!!!!

Comment by Gris – October 9, 2013 09:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yesssssss!!!!!

Comment by Elyse – September 25, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have the entire first season on my dvr and I didn’t want to watch until I knew there would be a second season.

Comment by David – September 25, 2013 03:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why watch them now, before you hear whether there will be a third season?

Comment by TV Gord – September 25, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • ^ best response! haha!

Comment by Eriq – September 25, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That is very odd

Comment by Rachel – October 24, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeeeeessss!so damn happy!hope the s2 is better

Comment by meah – September 25, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wowww that’s amazing! Good news! Today I’ll go to sleep happier than yesterday

Comment by tipican – September 25, 2013 03:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so thrilled!

Comment by Allyson – September 25, 2013 03:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news, it was very addictive summer soap.

Comment by starship – September 25, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its about time!! Super excited, nothing like coming down to the wire!

Comment by Jacqi – September 25, 2013 03:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!! THANK YOU ABC!!! LOVE ME SOME MISTRESSES!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – September 25, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wahoo! Now I can have my drink how I like it….. In my hand!

Comment by GeoDiva – September 25, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a hard time understanding how such a trashy show like mistresses gets renewed while a great show like king & maxwell does not. I guess there is no accounting for tastes! oh’ I watched both of them….king & maxwell for the characters and story lines, mistresses, because it was so bad it made me laugh

Comment by cindy – September 25, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mistresses is on ABC and King & Maxwell is on TNT. You are comparing a network show with a cable show. The big networks (ABC, CBS, NBC, FOX) have different standards for their shows than cable networks do. Also, you’re right, they don’t take into account of the quality of a series. That is not what matters. What matter is whether or not it performs like it is supposed to. Clearly King & Maxwell wasn’t performing like it should have. If it was, it would still be on the air.

By the way, Mistresses isn’t really trashy. You said you watched both. So if you did, you’d realize that. Is it up to par with some of the best on TV? No, but it’s not supposed to be. It is a glorified soap. It knows what type of show it is and it plays it very, very well. Just my opinion, though.

Comment by Eric – September 25, 2013 04:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • they are not comparable in any way. you may as well be saying, why is sponge bob renewed when army wives was cancelled.

Comment by Luther – September 25, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Apples & oranges. In other words, can’t compare. In my opinion, King & Maxwell was canceled for 1 reason: it didn’t hold enough of the audience of its lead in Major Crimes. And then the reason I would cancel it: Did we need another Bones/Castle? Mistresses, on the other hand, was campy fun. Which one would I watch when I got home from work on Tuesday? Without a doubt, Mistresses. Was it Emmy worthy drama? Heck no. Though was K&M? NO WAY. I watched 4 episodes of K&M and was bored silly. Mistresses kept me engaged.

Comment by AJ – September 26, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mistresses is not trashy!

Comment by lou – September 26, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I disagree with u and think that u r a hater becuz mistresses is a great show and just becuz u dont like it doesnt mean u have to go and talk negative about so do urself a favor and go screw yourself

Comment by Adamesha – October 16, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Give it up Cindy!!! ur outnumbered! Why would u compare one show to the other in the first place! Suck it up ur show got cancelled we’ve all been there. But don’t dis our show just because urs got cancelled. They have nothing to do with one another!

Comment by name required – October 27, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • K&M is TNT and Mistresses is ABC
    I am glad. It’s nice Summer viewing coupled with the Bachelorette.

Comment by Chablis – September 25, 2013 04:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ya, I don’t watch the bachelorette ……. and I can’t see watching mistresses next summer either…. :-)

Comment by cindy – September 25, 2013 04:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can’t find anything on any website about what date it returns?

Comment by Christee – February 26, 2014 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • …because no date has been announced. So “summer.”

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – February 26, 2014 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. I’m surprised. It really wasn’t great. I’m happy though. I really want to see Savi have her baby and be happy with Harry. But the showrunners have to do a lot of damage control because this went south really fast. Karen needs a reboot. Kim was one of my faves in Lost but as Karen her performance falls very flat. It’s neither convincing nor compelling. And the affair with her ex’s kid was disturbing at many levels. Joss needs to stay away from women in any romantic sense because that ‘experience’ was Alex was all kinds of weird. They had like zero chemistry. None. Nada. And she’s my favorite character. Also love April and I hope she’s kicked her ex to the curb for good this time. That’s another storyline that went south really quick too. Anyways, I’m glad. But I hope it’s not up against Under the Dome again.

Comment by Babygate – September 25, 2013 04:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I want a drink. IN MY HAND!!!

Best news. Thank you ABC!!

Comment by sam – September 25, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wooooohoooooo!!!!!! This show full the Desperate Housewives void very nicely!

Comment by Ram510 – September 25, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank you ABC! It’s fun television.

Comment by pam – September 25, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!! I’ve been waiting for this news since the finale.

Comment by gogo – September 25, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWESOME

Comment by Liz – September 25, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great news!!

Comment by Wrstlgirl – September 25, 2013 04:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Congrats

Comment by dregari – September 25, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, so happy

Comment by Juan – September 25, 2013 05:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!

Comment by Margo – September 25, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!!! So excited! I really liked this show and have been hoping for a renewal since the finale!

Comment by Kelsi – September 25, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • cool !cast jane badler please

Comment by me – September 25, 2013 05:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy to hear this! Now all of my 3 favorite new summer shows have been renewed (Mistresses, Graceland, and Devious Maids)!

Comment by Candace Fox – September 25, 2013 06:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great News but the writers really need to smack the stupid out of Karen for Season 2 !

Comment by Whatever – September 25, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Do you think the writers have enough hands to do that? :D

Comment by SororSalsa – September 25, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I’m glad to hear that.

Comment by Erika – September 25, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed this fluff series and its nice that summer series are a legit thing happening now replacing crap cheap reality shows!

Comment by DavidSask – September 25, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by mel – September 25, 2013 07:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, really fun summer show!!!

Comment by Paul – September 25, 2013 07:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYY!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by LaLa – September 25, 2013 07:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SHAKING AND CRYING! SO excited!

Hopefully they make “Come and Get It” the official theme song for Season Two. :)

Comment by Selina Kyle – September 25, 2013 09:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post

Comment by sladewilson – September 25, 2013 09:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay!! ABC please don’t kill Elizabeth Grey. She has the best one liners and every show need a great villainous. The writing is only as good as the actor that plays it and Penelope ann Miller is a great actress! Maybe she can run the law Firm her late husband owned and stir up trouble for the rest of the gang! I love this show!! And Harry too! yummy!!

Comment by JP – September 25, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love the idea having the evil Elizabeth run her ex’s law firm!!!
      Please keep her stirring up trouble, it keeps us watching!
      Love Penelope Ann miller in this role!!!!! Can’t wait for season two!!!!

Comment by Burke – September 25, 2013 10:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Beautiful….great news!!! Love this show.. Karen does need to find herself some intelligence while awaiting new season. Glad Harry came to his senses!!! Wonderful news.

Comment by Cindy – September 26, 2013 01:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YES!! Great news!!

Comment by SK – September 26, 2013 04:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Such great news! Can not wait for next summer Mistresses and Rookie Blue!

Comment by sarah – September 26, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg great news! I have been waiting for this!

Comment by Frankie – September 26, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very good news. I was hoping that this would be the decision.

Comment by G – September 26, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show I only started watching.in cus of Alyssa malno I thinj thats how u spell it I love her I didnt thinkbit would be as good as it is but I love and and I happy theres going.to be a part to I love it thanks abc

Comment by tiff – September 27, 2013 02:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It was so nice having a show I looked forward to watching this summer! Can’t wait for season 2!!!

Comment by Mary Catalano – September 30, 2013 09:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad this show is coming back. Definitely filled the desperate housewives gap….love it.

Comment by Susie Edick – September 30, 2013 10:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad this show is coming back! But I have to wait until summer?
    Better to be a mid season replacement!

Comment by Sharon Fairbanks – October 1, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great! Can the season 2 be earlier?

Comment by Chiska – October 2, 2013 01:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My mom and I really really loved mistresses! Cant wait to see s2

Comment by shannon – October 9, 2013 10:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thank You ABC. Great Decision! I hope that they keep Savi & Dom together. Savi and Dom have way more chemistry then she and Harry, who is way to stuffy! If not they should throw April & Dom together to make Savi Jealous!

Comment by Trese – October 10, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love love love this show..cant believe i have to wait a year to see what happens to Savvy :(

Comment by Mich – October 18, 2013 02:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • when are they going to start shooting for season 2? i’m so looking forward to it!

Comment by wendy – October 21, 2013 09:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG I was frantic when I could not find it again! I even went to the ABC sight to complain but apparently they are not interested in my humble opinion.

Comment by name drequired – October 27, 2013 02:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved this show can’t wait to see what happen next.

Comment by Anna – October 30, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • when is season 2 coming back? thats awesome its coming back on. something to look forward too. watched it on hulu on my day off. loved the show. 2 people familiar with. alysela milla and woman from lost. used to warch that to for 4 hours. thanks

Comment by Bonnie – November 1, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post