Cote de Pablo Mum on NCIS Exit Details, Says: 'I Left Under My Terms, and That Was Wonderful'

Why Did Cote de Pablo Leave NCISBreaking her silence for the first time since issuing a statement about her and NCIS‘ shocking parting of the ways, Cote de Pablo (somewhat) addresses the elephant in the room:

Why did she leave?

RELATED | NCIS Exclusive: Sopranos Alum Eyed as Ziva’s Successor, Debut Set For November

Speaking with TV Guide Magazine, the actress says the exact details surrounding her exit from the role of Ziva David after eight years on the CBS drama is “a personal thing, and I’d rather leave it at that.” (Shortly after her departure was announced, CBS CEO Les Moonves said, “We offered Cote de Pablo a lot of money — and then we offered her even more money.”)

Yet the actress goes on to note, “The idea of leaving was not something I toyed around with for a long time. It was an overwhelmingly hard thing — at times terrifying.”

“Leaving NCIS was not planned,” she reiterates when later asked to preview her future plans.

RELATED | Michael Weatherly on Ziva’s Exit: NCIS Has a ‘Remarkable Core DNA’ That Withstands Change

De Pablo confirms that she shares her final scene — as she did in very first NCIS bullpen scene — with Michael Weatherly, and promises the closing of “a beautiful chapter” between Ziva and Tony DiNozzo.

But as for wrapping up her storyline in Season 11’s first two episodes (starting tonight at 8/7c), she states: “Did I want to leave under those circumstances? That’s another story. But I’m not of the belief that you just take off and leave fans hanging…. I left under my terms, and that was wonderful.”

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on NCIS and 44 Other Returning Faves

We now leave you with de Pablo during a much more playful moment, accepting in 2012 TVLine’s Ultimate Law-Enforcement Crushes Tournament trophy (the “male” version of which went to Weatherly).

1. zoyarose says:

Whatever her reasons were for walking away, the lady has class and it shows in this interview. I do hope we’ll get to see Cote de Pablo back as Ziva, cause Ziva’s storyline with Tony is far from over! Thank you, Matt, for sharing this with your TVLine fans. :-)

• I AM FROM PERTH, WESTERN AUSTRALIA, & I HAVE BEEN WATCHING NCIS FOR YEARS, I DO NOT WANT ZIVA TO LEAVE, HER & TONY HAVE A WAY TO GO YET, SHE CAN’T LEAVE YET WITH THIS UP IN THE AIR. I’VE SEEN THE BLONDE GIRL THEY ARE REPLACING HER WITH, & I’M SO SAD IT HAS GONE THIS FAR. I HOPE & PRAY THEY KEEP ZIVA ALIVE & THAT SHE WILL RETURN TO NCIS ASAP. WE’LL MISS YOU SOOO VERY MUCH COTE , YOU ARE ONE HECK OF A ‘CLASSY’ LADY!!!!!!! PLUS YOUR A TERRIFIC ACTRESS & DO YOUR WORK ( ROLE OF ZIVA) SO VERY WELL!!!!!!! YOU ARE A WONDERFUL ACTRESS & I PRAY THAT YOU WILL RETURN, AS YOUR CHARACTER IS THE BEST FEMALE ACTRESS ON TV!!!!!!! IN THE WORLD COTE!!!!!!! I LOVE MY TV SHOWS & YOU IN ‘NCIS’ IS ONE OF MY ALL TIME FAVOURITES. PLEASE DON’T LEAVE. US FANS WILL MISS YOU SO VERY MUCH. YOU & TONY ARE SO GREAT TOGETHER!!!!!!! TAKE GOOD CARE OF YOURSELF COTE, IF YOU HAVE TO GO, I WISH YOU ALL THE VERY BEST FOR YOU FUTURE ENDEAVOURS, I PRAY THEY WILL BRING YOU LOTS OF HAPPINESS & GOD’S BLESSINGS. WARMEST WISHES JOYCE HUBBERT. :) XX

• Carole says:

I so agree. I am not able to watch NCIS without Ziva. We need her back! No one can replace what her and Tony had on screen.

• Linda says:

I loved Ziva! She was one of the main reasons I watched NCIS. I throughly enjoyed the times when Tony would corret her and couldn’t wait to see what see would come up with next. I was so sad to see her go. We need her back,no one can replace her! When all the fans I know and I got together,that was the topic of conversation, ZIVA, Gibbs, Tony and the rest.

• Redzep says:

Agree. I really hope that she will come back. She is the best agent there :) Please Ziva come back we miss u very much

• I am with you. I can’t watch NCIS without Ziva. She was my girl. No one could kick butt like her. She portrayed such a strong women, but still showed warmth. The show is not the same without her.

• f4nsi6ck says:

Agree…. NCIS is never the same again without Ziva. It lost its liveliness and the ad lib (or not) script. Hope to see her back.

• Jim Maloney says:

I to am finding it increasingly difficult to watch NCIS without Ziva. I used to watch every episode as they aired. I still love the show and occasionally watch, but I have found myself watching either reruns or my DVD’s. I still hope they bring her back, perhaps not as an agent(I was thinking since her character said she didn’t want to return because of her fear about where her life was headed), but at the very least as Tony’s true love.

• Dr. Roland Esquivel says:

They don’t teach the English language in Australia !! It’s you’re , not your !!!
        Dr. Roland Esquivel

• THOMAS says:

HELLO ,,OK THEN FOR A SHOW THATS BEEN AOUND SO LONG AS THIS SHOW , YOU TODO WHAT THEY ARE DOING SO THEY CAN MAKE THE SHOW /STORY LINE NEW AND FRESH ,,,AFTER AWHILE IM SHORE THEN WILL BRING HER ( ZIVA ) BACK THIS WAY WAY WHEN ZIVA COMES BACK IT WILL STILL BE NEW AND REBORN ,,,MIND YOU NOT ALL SHOWS CAN DO THIS ,,,A SHOW THATS REAL GOOD SOME TIMES CANT EVEN DO THIS ,,,SO THIS PROVES HOW GREAT THIS SHOW REALLY IS ,,,IT SEEMS TO ALLWAYS BE FRESH ,,,I ZIVA HAS TO COME BACK ITS THE GEENIE IN THE BOTTLE :) :) :) DEC14,2013
        FR; THOMAS

• denise says:

I AGREE WHOLE HEARTLY PLEASE COME BACK ZIVA. YOU ARE TRULY NEEDED ON THE SHOW. THAT GIRL WHO IS PLAYING YOUR PART SUCKS AND IF THEY DO NOT GET RID OF HER THEY ARE GOING TO LOSE THEIR RATINGS. I DON’T EVEN WATCH THE SHOW LIKE I USE TOO. YOU AND TONY ARE NOT THROUGH BY A LONG SHOT. PLEASE COME BACK BEFORE THEY CANCELL THE SHOW TOTALLY.

• Mike Boyd says:

I have to agree, thank God they didn’t pull a Kate on us, but left the door open for her possible return. Seems as the episodes continue, that they have left the light on for Cote, we can only hope she comes back to get stew cooking again with Tony.

• Lavella Cottrell says:

My heart just broke when I heard Cote was leaving. I also like how they ended with the possibility of her returning. I for one am a fan that she inspired as someone that xould actually be NCIS agent. I know she has put that fire into alot of young girls hearts to want to beas good of an agent as Cote IS!!!!!

• Dr. Roland Esquivel….Really? all of she wrote and all you can notice is that she used the improper spelling of the word ‘your’ once. I have many acquaintances and friends from UK. Australia, they don’t all commonly use contractions to the extent that we here in the U.S do. I also noticed that she actually spelled out YOU ARE in two other places in what she wrote, which would suggest to me that the use of contractions aren’t extremely commonplace for her. Not to mention that people often rely on ‘spell check’ to let them know when they have made a mistake while on the computer and it makes it easy for people to get a little “lazy’ and not always catch these tiny infractions in grammar.

That being said, is that seriously all you ‘grammar police’ have to do is troll around on internet blogs and read peoples comments for mistakes?

As for your comment, why don’t we spend a little time picking it apart? If you are asking if they teach the English language in Australia then you should have followed that up with a question mark and not an exclamation point. If your assertion is that they do not teach English in Australia then I would state that your assertion is incorrect; English is most certainly on the curriculum in Australia and using one person’s single mistake does not scientifically support the claim that they do not teach the English language in Australia. As for your sentence structure the Use of an exclamation mark may be appropriate, however the use of two for one sentence is redundant, then following it up with a sentence fragment with 3 exclamation marks is Superfluous really.

Snobbish Prick!

• Diana says:

I think Cote de Pablo should have she own show. She is a wonderful actress.
      Di

• Mary Brown says:

Ziva and Tony makes good chemistry together. She played that part better than anyone can. No one can replace Ziva. She is the best. She is one of the ones that makes NCIS. Tony is lost without Ziva because they are so good together. Please bring her back.

2. Cookie says:

Good for her. Many actors don’t get to leave on their own terms (see the ladies from Criminal Minds). I wish her luck with whatever she does in the future.

• Natalie says:

Hi Cookie – I agree with you :) Now I understand that it truly was personal, for her. Something personal obviously came up that wasn’t planned, and with Life that does tend to happen unexpectedly. She has always been a classy lady, even rising above the nastiness that some viewers chose to demonstrate over the years. A true Professional in the Industry.

My main disappointment lies within the [now infamous & inappropriate] comments from Mr. Moonves about “more money” – as picked up by the always-sharp editors of TV Line – when he clearly had to know FULL WELL that it was personal. I’m sure Ms. de Pablo had to tell her bosses why she wasn’t going to come back to the show. Anyone who leaves a job usually has to tell their “Human Resources” Department at least something about why they are parting. Yet Moonves tried to make it seem like it was “all about the money”, or wanting “parity”, in order to perhaps save face for the Network? I don’t know, but it came across as VERY tacky, and it clearly upset a LOT of fans, from what I saw & heard. It was also pointed out publicly that Glasberg did, in fact, know early on that she wasn’t coming back, so it wasn’t as “abrupt” for him, as he claims. Why all the dodging by CBS? All they had to say was that it was indeed “personal” like she said, and not try to make it seem otherwise. A lot of fans apparently felt the Network wasn’t being completely honest. What a shame, for them :(

• I agree, Cote has always been a classy lady and this interview with TV Guide clearly shows that. I will say that according to the TV Guide interview, there was a last minute impasse no one wants to discuss and she’s classy enough to say that her decision to leave was a personal thing. She also stated that leaving NCIS wasn’t something she planned, and she has no plans right now to do anything else. Whatever happens to Cote in the future, at least she’s open to coming back to NCIS down the road. In the meantime, I’ll keep on sending love and encouragement to her. :-)

• Danielle says:

Natalie I like the things you & Cookie said. Thanks for pointing out what appears to be the “shadyness” (at least to me) of CBS. I also recall the show boss referencing early on that he knew something, if not everything. They should have at least stood in solidarity and backed up their actress/employee and just told the public, “It’s not about money or things like that; it’s personal” and just leave it at that. Because they didn’t, it caused an awful lot of unecessary confusion for fans who were already upset as it was. It’s amazing that one little sentence from the Network to support what she had already said could have calmed the waters. I also heard that she requested to come back for one year only, rather than the normal time frame? I don’t know if that’s true, but if so, they really, really should have at least considered that – kind of like what Sandra Oh asked for, on Grey’s Anatomy. I’d rather have Cote back for one year ANY day, than being without her at all. I can already feel the Great Loss. :(

On a side note, it will be interesting to see how the sister show NCIS:Los Angeles gets by with Ms. Ruah’s pregnancy, especially since Kensi often has some very physical, combat scenes (a la Ziva). I guess NCIS as a dynasty is undergoing an awful lot of changes.

• TV Gord says:

CBS wasn’t dodging. They were respecting her privacy. It’s not for them to say ‘it’s personal’, it’s for her. Now she has.

• ben says:

Why shouldn’t Moonves have said that? What was intended by that Moonves comment is to prove that it wasn’t a money dispute, that it wasn’t a matter of CBS being unwilling to pay what Cote was asking for, and I think that was honoring of Cote, not the reverse at all. CBS were acknowledging they would have done anything in their power to bring her back.

• ben says:

I guess reading it back again I can see why some people took the implication that Cote was asking for too much money and that it was an attack. But I certainly don’t think it was intended that way and I think it is unfair to call the comments inappropriate.

• Julie says:

I always assumed based on what Moonves and Gary Glasberg said, that clearly they offered her a lot of money and she still turned it down. Translation: it wasn’t about the money.

• I’m heartbroken that she left. Sreally was my favorite character, her and Tony. I thought they would have an affair. Good luck to you Cote and know that you’re missed.

• Jake says:

TV execs always offer more money because they think that the star wants more money. They are jaded that way.

• Joshua shelters says:

May god bless you ziva

3. Good Luck With Rest Of Your Career :)

4. David4 says:

You can tell the difference between actors who care and those who don’t. She wanted to move on to something new after such a long run, yet she agreed to come back for two episodes to close off the story lines. She didn’t have to, but she wanted to.

5. tejasjulia says:

What a shame “her terms” included leaving production in the lurch at the last moment. Good riddance.

• meem says:

Uhhh, all summer is not “in the lurch.” Mandy Patinkin just walking off the sets of Chicago Hope and Criminal Minds is leaving productions in the lurch.

• tejasjulia says:

She quite about 8 days before filming began. It was no “all summer”. The first few episodes had already been written (as per Glasberg) and he had to quickly rewrite everything to deal with her absence. She behaved very poorly.

• tejasjulia says:

That’s *quit*. *sigh*

• TV Gord says:

You don’t know what he personal reasons were, and you might feel awfully foolish if you did know. I’m embarrassed for you.

• TV Gord says:

This is meant for tejasjulia.

• tejasjulia says:

No, I don’t. None of us do because she hasn’t said. But you don’t drag negotiations out til the last minute like this and then walk on a whim. Production obviously thought she was on board and they were just down to dotting the I’s and crossing the T’s. As for her never having considered leaving, she’s been talking about leaving for serveral years. Upto and including saying she wouldn’t be on the show for 10 years. Instead she dragged it out, then walked, then waited until premiere day to give this interview. It looks like she was milking it for as much publicity as she could get.

• Funny thing, in the TV Guide interview she makes it explicitly clear that she was NOT planning to leave.

• TV Gord says:

tejasjulia, you sure are writing a lot about this today, but I see you sidestepped my observation that you are more upset than anyone at NCIS is. Why is this such a sore spot for you, if everyone involved is happy?

• Cookie says:

Exactly, she could have had some kind of health or family issue that came up all of a sudden. We don’t know, and Cote doesn’t want to disclose her reasons. It’s her right and her life.

tejasjulia would have trashed her no matter what. She’s got a real hate-on for Cote and Ziva for whatever reason.

• TV Gord says:

The news broke on July 10th. Don’t shows go back into production in August? Anyway, the producers clearly are okay with her decision and there has been no grumbling from them about her decision, so I don’t get why you’re more upset than they are.

• 'A' Strikes Back says:

Actually, she didn’t quit 8 days before production of Season 11. This has been a big question since early 2013 and it was answered in EARLY JUNE. Production started mid-July and is still going on. He had enough time to rewrite the entire plan for S11 and still keep some of the things, without Ziva. She didn’t behave poorly. I’m sure her decision to leave was finalized in either late April or Early May. Either case, she left on her on terms and STILL came back for the first 2 episodes to close her character’s storyline up. Some people wouldn’t have done that and would have just leave their fans hanging.

• tejasjulia says:

Go back and read the interviews with Glasberg, et al. She told them and it was announced in a very short timeframe. My impression is a matter of hours, but I can’t remember which article gave me that impression. He comments on having to spend 48 straight hours rewriting the episodes so they could start filming on time.

• If you read the TV Guide article, as opposed to this article, it is clear that she was NOT planning to leave, and that something went wrong in negotiations at the last minute. It was clearly pretty serious, or she would not have left the show runners scrambling. Suggesting that she left on a “whim” is defamatory.

• Oh, but she was willing to come back and film 2 episodes so she didn’t leave them in the lurch after all and we get to see her wrap up things. So glad Cote was willing to do that. Such a classy lady. :-)

• tejasjulia says:

Um… yeah, she did. One of the things shows do during the summer is plan out how the season will go. Then they start writing to that plan. They had to toss all that work out the window because she behaved in such an unprofessional manner. It would have been much better for her to be there for a single scene – Ziva’s dead body in autopsy in the season opener.

• ben says:

One can tell you are not a showrunner or writer and really have no idea what you are talking about beyond giving timeframes. Showrunners and writers absolutely like to be able to give critical parts of their story the kind of send off that they want to – not just have them dead in a bodybag.

• ben says:

Which, by the way – was completely at the option of the show. If they had not chosen to bring her back for two episodes, they didn’t have to. They could have had chosen not to offer her that two episode arc if they didn’t want to rewrite it significantly.

• tejasjulia says:

I am, actually, a professional writer, but that aside, it would have been the most appropriate end to the horrible Ziva character. I’m just glad we only have to endure two more episodes with her.

• murley says:

Aha. Your true colors.

• David says:

Tejasjulia, being a “professional” writer is highly doubtful to me, based on your constant hateful and derogatory comments about Cote de Pablo. Actually, you sound more like a bitchy little 12 year old then a “professional” anything. If you submitted an article based on your comments here (and elsewhere ALL over the internet) I wouldn’t buy or print anything you wrote. I’d seek some professional help–you are one sick banana…..if you want to be a “professional”, try acting like one.

• Wow, you are a disturbed individual.

• JC says:

You know, I understand disliking a character, although in this case I never really had an issue with Ziva, only with Tiva. But I do not get the hatred and/or contempt toward the actress. At. All. :(

• Larry says:

thats a typical jelous female reply along with stupidy

• Rebecca says:

I cannot believe that the statement “Good Riddence” was made. Ziva(Cote) is one of the reasons that NCIS has been such a success ! This, as she said, was personal and obviously, unexpected. I sincerely hope that the “personal” thingy is something good, not the opposite. I also hope that things work out for you and you will be able to come back to the show in the near future. You are the reason that I became interested in the show and I would not miss an episode. I am a retired teacher and the show is something that I look forward to each week…..such a great cast ! We love you and wish you only the best.

6. Esaul says:

An admirable thing to do.

7. Ziva’s farewell is going to make every fan of NCIS cry. Time to bring in a box of Kleenex. :-(

8. MJ says:

Interesting how the parts about a) Her being open to returning in some capacity and b) The “beautiful way of ending — for now, certainly — a beautiful chapter between” Tony and Ziva,” got left out here.

9. The Rookie says:

Maybe she is having a baby and that’s why the reason was personal and urgent? Hope she does well on future shows. She could even try a big comeback in Univision or Televisa.

10. J V Smith says:

Moonves said ‘it’s not about the money’. He then said he offered her a huge amount to stay and then an even larger amount. So, I don’t he was disrespectful to her at all. CBS was inundated with complaints after her announcement. He was simply stating that no amount of money could change her mind.

11. Larc says:

It sounds as if Cote is saying her reason for leaving is personal as opposed to professional and the decision was sudden. I hope it’s not some sort of health problem.

12. Lucy says:

I say her and Weatherly had an affair.

• guest says:

Could you sink any lower? If she had an affair with him why would she agree to come back and film intimate scenes with him? You realize how that doesn’t make sense, right? Sorry but she is happily involved with Diego Serrano and Michael is happily married with a one year old daughter and another baby due next month. Leave your disgusting comments to yourself.

• cathy says:

I absolutely hate it when people do what you just did. No back up for your statement, just being rude. Grow up.

• No. She didn’t have one with him. But there was some unprofessional behaviour with her and another married man. Not saying she was having an affair with him just a little too close for just friends.

13. fan1 says:

Why are people saying that Cote left the producers and writers hanging? This is obviously something that comes down to negotiations. A term could not be agreed upon at the last moment. She makes it pretty clear that she was planning on coming back for season 11. A personal choice could simply mean that the terms were not to her liking so it was a personal decision not to come back. It doesn’t have to be a health problem or something wrong in her family, etc…If she didn’t feel valued by the terms offered to her, that is a personal reason. I am not saying that is the reason but it seems pretty clear to me. Of course she is not going to bad mouth the network or the show. She is too classy for that so we will probably never know the true reason for her leaving. At least she is giving the show 2 episodes. She could have been a diva and refused to come back especially if she was feeling hurt by them. But she proved that she is a true class act by showing up for her fans and her cast mates. And writers experience these types of things all the time. I think GG was perfectly okay with changing the scripts at the last minute. And let’s keep things in perspective folks, at least she didn’t die in real life. How do you think the fans of “Glee” and Cory Monteith feel or the fans of “Rizzoli and Isles” and Lee Thompson Young? Life and tragic things happen and writers and show runners adapt. It is what they are trained to do.

14. JBC says:

Watched premiere and apparently she is only in Episode 2. I must admit I thoroughly enjoyed this first episode. NCIS has room for new characters and I like that it will keep it fresh. It almost seems good timing to say good bye to Ziva. She was a good character but now it is time to move on.

15. S says:

The best thing about drifting away from NCIS the last few seasons and this development severing my relationship totally–until perhaps the series finale–is that I will no longer be exposed to the disturbing, petulant, malicious, hateful sect of fanbase that irrationally bashes not only the character but – unforgivably – the actress.

For anyone who reads the article or who isn’t being willfully ignorant, it’s obvious that a personal issue came up at the eleventh hour, and she felt she had to choose the show or the personal matter. The issue, either by its very nature or the logistics involved to deal with it (ie, leaving the country), may preclude her from being a full-time cast member, or she felt tackling both was unrealistic. de Pablo made the understandable, very human, and perhaps laudable decision to devote her total energy and time to that personal issue, in the process sacrificing a steady job and, we infer, a lot of money. As she has a right to privacy, we may never know what the issue is, although we can speculate (I hope her family is well, as that’s the first thing that came to mind for me). In the midst of this, she still made time to film a proper close for her character. She has demonstrated nothing but the utmost respect, care, and concern for the show and fans. Anyone who refuses to acknowledge that has a problem.

• cathy says:

Agreed, and well stated.

• John says:

That’s the timing I’ve concluded occurred: the usual negotiation shenanigans that wind on and on because they can, and then that “personal” intruded and changed the context and ended the possibility of her finalizing a deal for the show. Real life intruding into her business life.

• mysteriousmystery says:

Sadly, there is a “disturbing, petulant, malicious, hateful sect of fanbase” in pretty much every fandom out there. Oftentimes, these are the same folks who engage in creepy real-life shipping and ugly, embarrassing behavior toward the actors/crews who bust their butts to bring us this entertainment. These people seem to have lost all touch with reality, not to mention the boundaries of decent human behavior. I’ve never even watched NCIS and I’m horrified by some of the comments being made here.

Obviously, some people need to be reminded that just because an actor lives in the public eye does not mean you know them on a personal level. Feel free to dislike a character, but do not fall under the delusion that the character and the person who portrays the character are the one and the same. In other words: GET A GRIP.

16. Ana Rubio says:

I am gonna miss her, I hope we can see her again in the show as a guest star or something.
    Wish her all the luck, she deserves it

17. Jean says:

I agree with S and with others who suggest the reason for leaving is personal. I have often felt that there was a phone call after THE money phone call but that is just me. Cote de Pablo comes across a really sweet lady and although I will miss Ziva I respect her decision to take time out of acting for a while. Good health and happiness Mis de Pablo.

18. Romi Ebeling says:

IMO, Cote is a very good actress. I have to say that I did not care for the Ziva character. To me, she came across as too critical of Tony DiNozzo (my favorite character). She played the part very well. I wish Cote well.

19. Sydney wald says:

I have loved everything about NCIS for many years. The character development, the super writers, the talent of a well-chosen cast – all these things. I’ll miss Ziva, but given time, I’m sure her character replacement will grow on us as well.

20. Jean says:

Not for me Sydney. Having been through all this with another series I have know intention of watching a program that has put me through it again. The other series tuned out well but NCIS has chosen a real hollywood girl which will please some. I have already heard comments that she is just like JJ on Criminal Minds. Yawn.

21. Chris King says:

I love the Ziva character and will miss Cote’s beauty and the deadly humor.

22. J. Perry says:

She may have an enexpected pregnancy!

23. J. Perry says:

She nay be pregnant.

24. Hannah says:

I will really miss Ziva on the show. I hope she comes back though.

25. Jean says:

The fact is it has nothing to do with us and Mis de Pablo said that it is personal and it very well maybe. She does not do face book or twitter and likes to keep things close which is admirable given the career she has chosen. I really think we have not seen the last of Ziva and look forward to seeing her guess star on NCIS.

26. Jean says:

I mean guest star. Sorry.

27. Browzer56 says:

Geeeze! Tejasjulia, you must be one of those jealous & insecure woman that hate every other Beautiful woman on the face of the earth?
    Cota De Pablo was the prettiest and best woman actress they ever had on NCIS series, and she will be missed sincerely by all. It will be hard to replace her character on the show.
    Give her credit for something! It,s very easy, and it might actually make you feel good for once.

28. cyndi says:

I HATED the way the Ziva story line “ended.” It didn’t end. It didn’t move on. It just dropped. In short, it was awful. I’m shaking my head, trying to see how this was a wrap on this story line. I’m also trying to figure out Cote’s comment about leaving the story line “her way.” Really? Why would anyone want to leave it like that? Especially with a character as loved as Ziva. Bah!

29. John says:

What a heart break for my wife and I, I will keep watching NCIS in hopes she will change her mind and come back to the show, you are one classy lady Coty de Pablo AKE Ziva.
    We do wish you the best in what ever you do. We LOVE you.
    Linda and John

30. Marie says:

Just hoping she gets her personal situations worked out and return to NCIS – Going to miss her until hopefully she does return. All the best to you Ziva. NCIS needs you as we do…….

31. Mcspittle says:

People saying she committed to a two episode arc are being disingenuous. She was not even in the first episode of the two episode arc.

As a fan I found the send off of the character very disappointing and as much as I am and have been a fan of Cote she has to bear the burden of her lackluster exit.

32. ddsrad says:

I just pray that her personal reasons are good ones and that something tragic hasn’t happened in her life for her to leave the show. I have always been a fan of NCIS but it won’t be the same without her. Once she started on the show, I never missed an episode and still watch reruns. I just can’t imagine finding someone to fill her spot. Ziva/Cote de Pablo will be missed but I won’t give up on hoping she returns. Best wishes and God bless you Cote.

33. Jhuink says:

Have none of you realized that she is 9 months pregnant? Something “personal” I’m sure has to do with her growing family.

34. lee chandler says:

Tha t doesn’t tell me much, but whatever. Will Merideth replace her ? I hope.

35. Sabri says:

Nothing well ever be the same, Ziva was the best, the most deep an interesting character of the series. Regards from Argentina.

36. Nan and Johnnie says:

Cote and beloved Ziva will be greatly missed. We both hubby and I were shocked when we found Cote and Ziva would be leaving NCIS. We both agreed that Ziva was not killed off like our dear Kate, Mike and Director Jenny Shepperd. All the story lines with their deaths brought to us great NCIS but hey they were greatly missed, and we can not get them back. Oh yeah Mike comes in memories with Gibbs but he is gone, sigh. We are glad Ziva still lives. The story was not bad, it left one somewhat wondering, and wishing it would of been better of sorts, but it was fair. We can only hope Ziva one day will return, she was an incredible character, a plus for a fantastic show, and gee wiz Special Special Agent Tony had his soul mate in Ziva they both were great for one another, gotta love the writers they do justice to NCIS and their characters…sigh…it is time for our Tony to of found that one movie he could live…with Ziva.
    As for Cote…we pray for the best in your career and your life…and we hope one day to see you back at NCIS with you and Tony together happily ever after.
    Side Note…sure wish Gibbs would get a forever love…the actress from Judging Amy would be great…perfect for our Jethro and Mark Harmon…just hoping.

37. Redzep says:

I will miss you Cote de pablo . :( Ncis will never be as good without you

38. Leo Pontes says:

Iill miss Ziva and I don not think I will be watching the show much. She added so much to the show. She will be missed. Note to CBS,, give her the money that she is asking for

39. Mary Whitlock says:

Ziva’s departure is not good, i have been a faithful viewer of ncis and the interest in the is draining to a low. I have watch to see if it the show has lost it’s zest and it has Leon’s in and out does not help entice me to continue to watch. Bring Ziva back!!!!
    Whitlock

40. marysue says:

Tony and Ziva are like peanut butter and jam… They are meant to be together. I wish Cote the best but hope that she will return at some point. I also hope that anything personal that she has going on isn’t serious. When MW was on the Talk a few days ago he got a bit choked up when asked about filming the last episode. The cast is clearly missing her as are the fans. Cote did say it wasn’t a planned decision to leave so it makes me really wonder what happened. I sure would have like to have been a fly on the wall at that meeting. I bet some interesting things were said.

41. Jumbybird says:

Oh please… people would kill to get such a plumb job… they should have killed her off and replaced her like they did with Kate (decided that day to day acting wasn’t what she wanted… I guess Rizzoli and Isles isn’t a day to day job?)
    Replace her already… Get some nice hot chick with some great T&A to look at…

42. Rosemary Whitaker says:

I am so very sad that Ziva is no longer with us. At least they didn’t kill her off like they have all the other agents so I’m hoping we will at least see her in guest appreances(pardon my spelling). Cote is the all time best actress in a long time and I look forward to seeing her again.

43. Jane Visser says:

I just loved cote. With her enthusiasm, her ethnic deferecerences and her beauty and spunky attitude, I looked forward to the show every week. The new person they have replacing her is not going to make it because most of us are expecting Cote’s way and constant battle and flirting with Tony. I sure hope to see her back as well maybe in a new show. Good luck Cote you are great! I am not sure I have the need to watch NICS.

44. I read a heap of the comments and have to say I worked as a Police officer for 10 years and to read peoples comments on how Cote’s portrayal of an NCIS officer encouraged several women to join law enforcement because she was so realistic in her portrayal was hilarious, the show is pure fantasy. Do people really believe that is how things are really done, that you just work with a small core group of people and just on that one file until you solve it. Come on people please it is fun to watch but nowhere near anything realistic. The best way to describe law enforcement is 90% is boredom 9% is excitement and 1% is sheer terror. You don’t see on the show how much real paperwork that goes into one file, how it takes up most of your time. That you have to go to court and give evidence, you have to organise everything in relation to your case from your brief of evidence to your exhibits to booking your court days, working with the prosecutor and taking your witnesses statements, organising their attendance in court, having to hold their hands and helping them through it. How you have to deal with the offenders lawyer and give him copies of your statements, brief and exhibits. That you have to get other agencies or other members in the organisation to do your house calls and footwork otherwise you will never get any work done. How you have to juggle 10 to 15 criminal cases at once. I love the way they just sit at their desk for a few minutes chatting away and waiting for a case to come up. That they always seem to track down the killer by phone or cross referencing names and getting matches on computer between other agencies, by logging into other agencies database’s without any problems or issues of privacy or misuse of their databases. Gabby does incredible things in the lab with the faintest or smallest portion of fingerprints or like getting almost instant DNA results or rebuilding the smallest amount of burnt evidence into a perfect match of what it was before being burnt, or solving complex puzzles all on her own. Does every NCIS team have their own lab person with their own lab and equipment in another parts of the building because Gabby only seems to work on Gibbs teams evidence and only deals with them most of the time, and she never ever fails. In reality the real evidence labs are worked with teams of people specialising in their fields, one team does DNA another does burnt objects another does fingerprints and so on and so on. There is months of back logs and most of the evidence Gabby works on would not even be authorised because of cost and time it will take to yield results. Or when Gibbs team visit an address they miraculously found by cross referencing the smallest clue and getting the address, then 90% of the time the offender or someone who can help their case is there when they knock on the door, in reality it is the other way around where 10% of the time the offender or someone who can help is there and in reality most times you leave a calling card and wait for them to call you. The other thing is the access and how well know Gibbs team is in the organisation, what about all of the other NCIS agents, Gibbs team never seems to have to book and interview room or guard their prisoner, you never leave someone in custody alone at all. Also the fight and arrest scenes, Cote was far from being a realistic officer in this matter, I know she is portrayed as the tough heart of gold Mossad agent trained to kill but in reality her size and strength would see her thrown around like a rag doll by most of the males she is arresting. You see her throw a big guy up against the wall and handcuff him while he resists and she makes it look really easy. I am a big guy and have had guys half my size who resisted being handcuffed and there is no way in hell you can get those cuffs on without at least one other officer helping and pining the guy to the ground. You never ever throw kicks at the person you are trying to arrest like Ziva liked to do because you will be put on your ass in one second, kicks don’t work, punch’s don’t work they just hurt your hand. If they are resisting you have to grapple and almost every time you will end up on the ground. I believe and predict that the other actors will start to leave the show as well because it is at the stage where it has run its course and the episode story lines and personal interactions between cast members seem to be losing its shine. These days for any show to last over 10 years is a great accomplishment, well done NCIS.

• M. Bergeron says:

I agree with you. As someone who comes from a family of law enforcement officers, what you’re saying is true. And while I like Cote and Ziva, according to my dad and brothers, what Ziva did on the show would have had IA on her several times. Of course, this is true of all the characters on the show. But no matter how ‘good’ a working relationship with another country is, you don’t allow a foreign agent have access to any possible sensitive material. There would have to be a lot of regular checks on any information that she may have access to/any computer that she had access to. And if something was improper, her ‘superiors’ (aka the people she is working ‘under’ at the moment) would also be dragged into IA, demoted or fired.

• mickey mouse says:

NCIS has been on for 13 seasons because it is a good show. Yes, tv stretches the real world occasionally. That is TV. Bergeron get a life. Stop going to daddy and big brother for their opinion. Form your own opinions, grow up and enjoy the show!

• Z B S says:

Just a question. Is it possible that the close relationship between US and Israeli intelligence was contrary to the image that someone wanted American TV viewers to have?

45. Mike Whelan says:

I was totally bummed when I heard the news. Maybe, after a little while she may decided to come back. I hope so.

46. cote was planning to leave NCIS before season 10 ‘ knew she wasn’t going to sign for season 11

47. roberto marquez says:

No Ziva no more NCIS for me.

• Harriet Burkhart says:

I still watch NCIS but I really do not care for the blonde that is trying to Ziva’s place. It just isn’t working for me. Everyone I talk to hopes Cote is coming back. The show needs her.

48. Joey says:

ZZZZIIIIIIIIIIIVVVVVVVVVVAAAAAAAAA . CCCCCOOOOOMMMMMMMMEEEEEEEE BBBBBBBBAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKK PLEASE ….

49. christine says:

Are you the same group of people who cried when Kate died. Please. Give this new girl a chance. every character is different. So do not expect her to be like kate or Ziva. Get a life. Cote left the show just like many actors leave other shows. It is not the end this is the beginning.

50. Pat Ford says:

The show isn’t the same without Ziva. This new girl is too young and just doesn’t fit in with the rest of the cast. She just doesn’t have the charisma that Cote de Pablo had. Give Cote whatever she wants, just bring her back!!