The Big Bang Theory Bringing Lucy Back

Get More: Casting News, Video

Big Bang Theory Casts Kate MicucciRaj’s ex is making her way back to The Big Bang Theory.

Kate Micucci will be returning to the CBS juggernaut in Season 7 (bowing this Thursday, Sept. 26) as Lucy, the socially awkward girlfriend who dumped Raj in May’s finale.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, the actress is slated to pop up again in Big Bang‘s Nov. 14 installment, which finds Lucy somehow coming into contact with Penny.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Big Bang, Plus 44 Other Returning Shows

TVLine’s Michael Ausiello caught up with Raj’s portrayer, Kunal Nayyar, on the Emmys red carpet this past Sunday, and the actor predicted Micucci would return.

“She’s wonderful,” he gushed. “Just getting to work with such a wonderful actress was really, really fun… The writers love her, the producers love her, the audience loves her.”

Something not so wonderful, meanwhile, is Raj’s luck with the ladies now that he’s walking and talking. Laughs Nayyar, “Everything that he’s been wanting to say for his entire life is coming out… not well, obviously. At least he thinks he’s doing a good job of it.”

Press PLAY below for more from Nayyar, then hit the comments: Are you excited Lucy is Big Bang-bound once more?

Comments (51)

• Ugh really? Her character is so annoying and the way she’s constantly running out on Raj is horrible. After now six seasons of him being single, he deserves a better love interest than this character.

Comment by darcywilson – September 24, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • So the fact that the actor who portrays Raj looks forward to her coming back means nothing to you??

Comment by Boiler – September 24, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Not a damn thing.

Comment by taran63 – September 24, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Means nothing to me either.

Comment by Morgan – September 24, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Why would that mean anything to me? So somebody else likes her, that means I should?

Comment by darcywilson – September 24, 2013 07:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Seriously. I don’t know who told him that audiences love her because we don’t. Raj deserves better. Maybe they could bring back Sheldon’s twin sister!

Comment by Ella – September 24, 2013 08:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love her, and I’m in the viewing audience!

Comment by TV Gord – September 25, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • are you on crack? they are perfect for each other and i like having kate micucci on the show too.

Comment by eric rivera – September 28, 2013 07:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THANK YOU. I couldn’t agree more. Lucy is absolutely one of the WORST CHARACTERS IN TELEVISION HISTORY. She’s right up there with Daphne’s mum on Frasier (another one of the worst characters ever). I hate to say it, but once a show starts introducing really bad characters, it’s usually a sign that the show is starting to go downhill. I hope this isn’t the case because Big Bang is one of my favorite shows… Lucy, though, is one of my least favorite characters EVER. Raj could do so much better. What a shame…

Comment by John Smote – September 30, 2013 03:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You are an idiot. Lucy is great and she is prefect for Raj. As a writer her character is great. You are just a pathetic fool

Comment by Cory Weston – October 7, 2013 05:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Agreed, well said.

Comment by Terror – November 16, 2013 07:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • nope .. it’s too late to remove lucy..
      she broke rejesh’s silent curse with the girls

Comment by Billy Javier – December 10, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was announced she would months ago. Oh well, still goo news.

The most annoying charcter to me is still Amy. Love the actress, can’t stand her character.

Comment by David4 – September 24, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Kate :) Please Big Bang, bring Riki Lindhome back for an episode and have the two of them sing something, preferably Self Esteem :D Come on, make it happen!

Comment by Olivia – September 24, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m glad their bringing Lucy back. Even if she and Raj don’t end up a couple, maybe he can have some closure with her.

Comment by Cate Amos – September 24, 2013 06:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh bad news.
    I’m sure she is a fine actor but part she is playing is annoying.

Comment by Whatever – September 24, 2013 06:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The character she play(s) on BBT is annonying,, this same actress was also on a sitcom with Brad Garrett a few yrs ago, she was annonying on there as well.

Comment by Rhonda – September 25, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The audience loves her?! I don’t. I can’t stand her character. And if she continues to appear, that dislike could transfer to any other character she plays.

Comment by Morgan – September 24, 2013 06:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I thought the same exact thing when I saw that printed above. “The audience loves her?” Really? Like… really really? Nah. I doubt it. I’m sure there’s a few people out there who are annoying in real life and probably sympathize with Lucy, but that still doesn’t make her a good character. Her voice is annoying. Her look is annoying. Her mannerisms are annoying. Her personality is annoying. She’s unattractive, unappealing, and uninteresting. PLEASE GET RID OF HER, or I might have to stop watching the new episodes of Big Bang, and just stick to the early seasons.

Comment by Frank Moore – September 30, 2013 03:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sooo agree with you.

Comment by Mariana – December 25, 2013 07:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. hate this nnews, don’t like the actress or character

Comment by Brandy – September 24, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Don’t understand all the dislike. I enjoy her character. I’m glad she’s back.

Comment by JAO – September 24, 2013 07:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When I read just the title “Lucy Comes Back” I actually groaned. I just don’t like her character at all. I actually fast forward through her scenes so I don’t have to watch her which is too bad because I love Raj. Bummed that her character is coming back -even just for one episode. Oh well, TiVo FF don’t fail me now!

Comment by Amanda – September 24, 2013 10:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know I am in a minority but I think it would be fun if Raj and Stuart realized they were the ones destined for each other.

Comment by andy j – September 24, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The actors don’t have the chemistry!

Comment by Elga N. – September 25, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Boy, a lot of you are missing the point, and this comment takes the cake. It’s a show about a group of misfits, for heaven’s sake!

Comment by TV Gord – September 25, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sorry to the actress, but I agree with the others, the character is annoying,

Comment by windy4292 – September 25, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure what “audience” they polled, I find her quite annoying. Have in Scrubs and Rules of Engagement. OTOH if it keeps her and DJ Qualls from breeding, I’m all in.

Comment by George Blair – September 25, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The people who comment on message boards are a relatively tiny “audience poll” of the audience in general, so it’s not safe to assume that a consensus on here represents what most people think.

Comment by TV Gord – September 25, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love the character. Her and Raj are prefect for each other.

Comment by Cory Weston – October 7, 2013 05:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh yay! I thought she fit in great!

Comment by liz – September 25, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lucy is the main reason I decided to quit watching TBBT. She is a badly written part, a new Amy, and another horrible stereotype. I have nothing against the actress, but I can’t stand her. Maybe the writers think she’s funny, but I don’t. No offense, but I simply cannot understand why on earth the most handsome guy in the show (just my opinion, of course) should settle with the ugliest and creepiest girl. I think it’s humiliating for his character, and I am deeply annoyed by this, and by the stupid things the writers make him say or do. They completely destroyed his character in a desperate attempt to make him funnier. The whole thing is ridiculous….

Comment by ElenaGreece – September 25, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They just don’t want to come out (pun intended) and say that the Raj character is gay. Afraid they might lose some of the homophobes in the audience. The producers and writers are in severe denial.

Comment by Bob – September 25, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Somewhat true: they should give his realworld wife a shot at it. Complete stunner.

Comment by John – September 27, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I don’t care for her either. As you said, Raj is the best looking one and I figured he’d do much better. As for the actor himself looking forward to her return, what else COULD he say in public? She was fine for an episode or two, but we’re done with that now (thank goodness). Get Raj a cutie!

Comment by Elaine – September 27, 2013 05:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • You know why Raj wont get a babe,even though he is a good looking guy. Because unfortunately Americans are still very racist and prejudiced towards Indians in particular

Hollywood doesnt mind giving blacks a good love interest, but Heaven Forbid if the Indian guy gets a good looking girl

So sad , because Indians are such lovely folks

Comment by Jimmy Jacks – February 19, 2014 05:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • BEST COMMENT ON THIS BOARD BY FAR. You nailed it perfectly. I hope hope hope this is a one-time thing, and that she doesn’t become a recurring character again. I also stopped watching the show when she came on board, and when watching reruns I fast forward over every single scene that she’s in… she’s so bad, she’s destroying what was once a good show.

Comment by Bob Samson – September 30, 2013 03:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is this a one shot? Or recurring? I believe she is still recurring in Raising Hope.

Comment by HAP – September 25, 2013 01:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope she can do both. I like her on Raising Hope, too!

Comment by TV Gord – September 25, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hate her, sorry

Comment by Monse Foster – September 25, 2013 05:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To be honest, i don’t think she fits in the show, every character make me laugh except her… the character is empty and unnecessary, there’s not much acting and humor with it. Bring Sheldon’s assistant back ….

Comment by Albatross – September 25, 2013 11:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh. Can’t stand her. I’m really disappointed that they’d consider bringing her back, and hope it’s just a one off so Raj can get some closure and not that she’ll be a recurring role. She’s super annoying and I find it hard to believe that “the audience loves her.”

Comment by LucyIsLame – September 27, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • There is NO WAY that “Big Bang Theory” fans “LOVE” this character.
    Ugh. I’d rather Raj pursue his relationship with the Human Resources woman, or hell- bring back Danica McKellar!!

Comment by Venkman007 – September 29, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree with most. That girl is UGLY. and its ugly is as ugly does..like the reverse (pretty) my mother always said.
      Im sorry but Raj does deserve someone Hes a very sweet and good looking man and character and heart of gold. I love him.
      my gosh we already have to watch the pretty but squeeky Bernadette and her unattractive but fun
      Howard. At least he makes us laugh. Comeon. If u gotta have her back..yuk….then just let Raj see shes not for him..let her go while giving us a different lady for him..perhaps 2 until the perfect comedic match for us and our Raj. U kno they are like family!

Comment by Sarah – September 30, 2013 11:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, you are all such shallow losers. This show isn’t about looking at a bunch of eye squinting, makeup plastered hotties. If your into that crap, then go watch something else. One of the great things about this show is that most of it’s cast members are portrayed by normal, non plastic-looking actors. You know why? Because we live in a world where people come in all variates. Too many shows these days cast only the hottest of the hot guys and girls when realistically, life just doesn’t work that way. These characters have flaws, because real people have flaws. I like Lucy as a character, because she isn’t perfect. If she were, it wouldn’t be realistic.
    Oh, and by the way, If you think that Raj deserves someone “prettier” because of his golden heart, then you guys deserve a bunch of dumpy looking partners based on your crummy attitudes.

Comment by Mai Mai – October 3, 2013 11:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nailed it . . . well said . . . . have been a fan since the show started, and I think Raj and Lucy could create some killer scenes . . . . . . . I can see her reacting with all the cast, really . . . great actress . . .

Comment by greg higgs – November 12, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • yes yes … I hope lucy comeback and be added as a permanent.
    kate miccuci is great…

Comment by Billy Javier – December 10, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She is a terrible actress with a horrible character!!!!! Bad mix.

Comment by Mariana – December 25, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bring her back! Lucy and Raj had something with that kiss through the fence. Give them a change to bond; at least a little!

Comment by Bob Townsend – March 7, 2014 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • She got back in contact with him in the latest episode on April 3. I really hope she doesn’t come back. I thought her character was weird, and not in a cute way. I’d like to see Raj date the veterinarian.

Comment by gmm80 – April 4, 2014 08:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post