The Big Bang Theory Bringing Lucy Back

Big Bang Theory Casts Kate MicucciRaj’s ex is making her way back to The Big Bang Theory.

Kate Micucci will be returning to the CBS juggernaut in Season 7 (bowing this Thursday, Sept. 26) as Lucy, the socially awkward girlfriend who dumped Raj in May’s finale.

Per The Hollywood Reporter, the actress is slated to pop up again in Big Bang‘s Nov. 14 installment, which finds Lucy somehow coming into contact with Penny.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Big Bang, Plus 44 Other Returning Shows

TVLine’s Michael Ausiello caught up with Raj’s portrayer, Kunal Nayyar, on the Emmys red carpet this past Sunday, and the actor predicted Micucci would return.

“She’s wonderful,” he gushed. “Just getting to work with such a wonderful actress was really, really fun… The writers love her, the producers love her, the audience loves her.”

Something not so wonderful, meanwhile, is Raj’s luck with the ladies now that he’s walking and talking. Laughs Nayyar, “Everything that he’s been wanting to say for his entire life is coming out… not well, obviously. At least he thinks he’s doing a good job of it.”

Press PLAY below for more from Nayyar, then hit the comments: Are you excited Lucy is Big Bang-bound once more?

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Casting News, Video

1. darcywilson says:

Ugh really? Her character is so annoying and the way she’s constantly running out on Raj is horrible. After now six seasons of him being single, he deserves a better love interest than this character.

2. David4 says:

I thought it was announced she would months ago. Oh well, still goo news.

The most annoying charcter to me is still Amy. Love the actress, can’t stand her character.

3. Olivia says:

I love Kate :) Please Big Bang, bring Riki Lindhome back for an episode and have the two of them sing something, preferably Self Esteem :D Come on, make it happen!

4. Cate Amos says:

I’m glad their bringing Lucy back. Even if she and Raj don’t end up a couple, maybe he can have some closure with her.

5. Whatever says:

Ugh bad news.
    I’m sure she is a fine actor but part she is playing is annoying.

• Rhonda says:

The character she play(s) on BBT is annonying,, this same actress was also on a sitcom with Brad Garrett a few yrs ago, she was annonying on there as well.

6. Morgan says:

The audience loves her?! I don’t. I can’t stand her character. And if she continues to appear, that dislike could transfer to any other character she plays.

• Frank Moore says:

I thought the same exact thing when I saw that printed above. “The audience loves her?” Really? Like… really really? Nah. I doubt it. I’m sure there’s a few people out there who are annoying in real life and probably sympathize with Lucy, but that still doesn’t make her a good character. Her voice is annoying. Her look is annoying. Her mannerisms are annoying. Her personality is annoying. She’s unattractive, unappealing, and uninteresting. PLEASE GET RID OF HER, or I might have to stop watching the new episodes of Big Bang, and just stick to the early seasons.

7. Brandy says:

Ugh. hate this nnews, don’t like the actress or character

8. JAO says:

Don’t understand all the dislike. I enjoy her character. I’m glad she’s back.

9. Amanda says:

When I read just the title “Lucy Comes Back” I actually groaned. I just don’t like her character at all. I actually fast forward through her scenes so I don’t have to watch her which is too bad because I love Raj. Bummed that her character is coming back -even just for one episode. Oh well, TiVo FF don’t fail me now!

10. andy j says:

I know I am in a minority but I think it would be fun if Raj and Stuart realized they were the ones destined for each other.

11. Elga N. says:

The actors don’t have the chemistry!

• TV Gord says:

Boy, a lot of you are missing the point, and this comment takes the cake. It’s a show about a group of misfits, for heaven’s sake!

12. windy4292 says:

sorry to the actress, but I agree with the others, the character is annoying,

13. George Blair says:

Not sure what “audience” they polled, I find her quite annoying. Have in Scrubs and Rules of Engagement. OTOH if it keeps her and DJ Qualls from breeding, I’m all in.

• TV Gord says:

The people who comment on message boards are a relatively tiny “audience poll” of the audience in general, so it’s not safe to assume that a consensus on here represents what most people think.

14. liz says:

oh yay! I thought she fit in great!

15. ElenaGreece says:

Lucy is the main reason I decided to quit watching TBBT. She is a badly written part, a new Amy, and another horrible stereotype. I have nothing against the actress, but I can’t stand her. Maybe the writers think she’s funny, but I don’t. No offense, but I simply cannot understand why on earth the most handsome guy in the show (just my opinion, of course) should settle with the ugliest and creepiest girl. I think it’s humiliating for his character, and I am deeply annoyed by this, and by the stupid things the writers make him say or do. They completely destroyed his character in a desperate attempt to make him funnier. The whole thing is ridiculous….

• Bob says:

They just don’t want to come out (pun intended) and say that the Raj character is gay. Afraid they might lose some of the homophobes in the audience. The producers and writers are in severe denial.

• John says:

Somewhat true: they should give his realworld wife a shot at it. Complete stunner.

• Elaine says:

I don’t care for her either. As you said, Raj is the best looking one and I figured he’d do much better. As for the actor himself looking forward to her return, what else COULD he say in public? She was fine for an episode or two, but we’re done with that now (thank goodness). Get Raj a cutie!

• Jimmy Jacks says:

You know why Raj wont get a babe,even though he is a good looking guy. Because unfortunately Americans are still very racist and prejudiced towards Indians in particular

Hollywood doesnt mind giving blacks a good love interest, but Heaven Forbid if the Indian guy gets a good looking girl

So sad , because Indians are such lovely folks

• Bob Samson says:

BEST COMMENT ON THIS BOARD BY FAR. You nailed it perfectly. I hope hope hope this is a one-time thing, and that she doesn’t become a recurring character again. I also stopped watching the show when she came on board, and when watching reruns I fast forward over every single scene that she’s in… she’s so bad, she’s destroying what was once a good show.

16. HAP says:

Is this a one shot? Or recurring? I believe she is still recurring in Raising Hope.

17. Albatross says:

To be honest, i don’t think she fits in the show, every character make me laugh except her… the character is empty and unnecessary, there’s not much acting and humor with it. Bring Sheldon’s assistant back ….

18. LucyIsLame says:

Ugh. Can’t stand her. I’m really disappointed that they’d consider bringing her back, and hope it’s just a one off so Raj can get some closure and not that she’ll be a recurring role. She’s super annoying and I find it hard to believe that “the audience loves her.”

19. Venkman007 says:

There is NO WAY that “Big Bang Theory” fans “LOVE” this character.
    Ugh. I’d rather Raj pursue his relationship with the Human Resources woman, or hell- bring back Danica McKellar!!

• Sarah says:

I agree with most. That girl is UGLY. and its ugly is as ugly does..like the reverse (pretty) my mother always said.
      Im sorry but Raj does deserve someone Hes a very sweet and good looking man and character and heart of gold. I love him.
      my gosh we already have to watch the pretty but squeeky Bernadette and her unattractive but fun
      Howard. At least he makes us laugh. Comeon. If u gotta have her back..yuk….then just let Raj see shes not for him..let her go while giving us a different lady for him..perhaps 2 until the perfect comedic match for us and our Raj. U kno they are like family!

20. Mai Mai says:

God, you are all such shallow losers. This show isn’t about looking at a bunch of eye squinting, makeup plastered hotties. If your into that crap, then go watch something else. One of the great things about this show is that most of it’s cast members are portrayed by normal, non plastic-looking actors. You know why? Because we live in a world where people come in all variates. Too many shows these days cast only the hottest of the hot guys and girls when realistically, life just doesn’t work that way. These characters have flaws, because real people have flaws. I like Lucy as a character, because she isn’t perfect. If she were, it wouldn’t be realistic.
    Oh, and by the way, If you think that Raj deserves someone “prettier” because of his golden heart, then you guys deserve a bunch of dumpy looking partners based on your crummy attitudes.

• greg higgs says:

Nailed it . . . well said . . . . have been a fan since the show started, and I think Raj and Lucy could create some killer scenes . . . . . . . I can see her reacting with all the cast, really . . . great actress . . .

21. Billy Javier says:

yes yes … I hope lucy comeback and be added as a permanent.
    kate miccuci is great…

22. Mariana says:

She is a terrible actress with a horrible character!!!!! Bad mix.

23. Bob Townsend says:

Bring her back! Lucy and Raj had something with that kiss through the fence. Give them a change to bond; at least a little!

24. gmm80 says:

She got back in contact with him in the latest episode on April 3. I really hope she doesn’t come back. I thought her character was weird, and not in a cute way. I’d like to see Raj date the veterinarian.

25. Gross says:

Gross. No disrespect to the actress. But her character makes the scenes she is in unwatchable. The Lucy is so awkward and ugly on both the inside and outside (not that looks are the point I’m trying to make).It’s mostly the facial expressions that make my skin crawl like I’ve just seen a rat or Chihuahua. It’s like she is staring into my would, and not in a good way.
    Her character has no redeeming qualities whatsoever. Not funny and doesn’t develop. Just stands around reacting awkward and uncomfortably to every situation she is ever faced with. Kill this character with fire.

26. Gross says: