Army Wives Cancelled, Lifetime Prepping Farewell Retrospective for 2014

army wives cancelledLifetime is deploying Army Wives to the TV graveyard.

The cabler has cancelled its longest-running series, which wrapped its seventh (and now-final) season in June.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

A two-hour retrospective special featuring the show’s cast will air early next year.

“There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape,” Lifetime’s Exec VP and General Manager Rob Sharenow said in a statement. “By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

“We also want to thank Army Wives’ passionate legion of fans,” he added, “and everyone involved with the series: ABC Studios, Mark Gordon and Jeff Melvoin, Tanya Biank, every single cast member, as well as the crew and community of Charleston, South Carolina.”

Deposit your eulogies in the comments, and while you’re there riddle me this: Was Claudia Joy’s death the final nail in the show’s coffin?

1. livy says:

I am so sad they are ending army wives. I cant believe they made amanada Jeremy and Claudia Joy die. How could they do this. Season 1 episode1 a tribe is born to season 7 eposode 13 all for nothing. Rwally I love aw aka army wives. I bet anyone can agree with me

2. paul buttros says:

bring back the show i miss watching it

3. Linda White says:

I’m really sorry that you felt that the show needed canceling. Obviously, it was not a very throughly thought out process.

4. Ada says:

Omg my husband and I need our army wives, it’s the only show we watched together.

5. daressa says:

They need a season 8 i like army wives

6. Lei says:

The quality of this show was amazing. I find it hard to still see show that continue to air that have no sustenance. I guess the American public have no sustenance when it comes to good writing. I will miss this show…too bad…

7. KB says:

DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW! Please!

8. Ivy says:

Currently watching series 7 here in NZ. I love the show so much I couldn’t wait, so I had to watch all the episodes online. Who does Gloria pick in the end? OMG it’s leaving me wanting more but then I here about the show ending. Arrrggh very disappointing!

9. please bring army wives back tv show please i miss it alo’t please please bring it back please is good tv show ever please bring army wives back please please i relly want arm wives back

10. natalie says:

I really enjoyed army wives it was a comfort to me to watch, as a military wife it was great to have a show that I could relate to. I am sure gonna miss the show.

11. Heather says:

I watched Army Wives avidly and then thought I was behind a season until I just rewatched Season 7 and the found out there will be no Season 8. I think Army Wives and its fans deserved a final Season that showcased what a great series it was to watch vs an end of Season 7 cliff hanger. Season 8 could have been the FINAL season. To end as it did was such a disgrace when all fans are anticipating to see what happens next only to find out that there will be no “REAL” season “FINALE”! All the series I have been watching are being discontinued. Totally disappointing…

Disappointed Fan,
    Heather

12. Denise Hazen says:

That really Stinx I loved that show! I will miss it terribly you stink lifetime!

13. Denise Hazen says:

I’m so pissed at lifetime! Put army wives back on at least end it the right way!!

14. tiffany kirk says:

i dont understand y yall take all the good shows off the air please dont cancel this show its my favorite on on this channel.

15. Katelyn House says:

Army Wives was such an inspirational show and it really helped me understand the military life a lot more and it was really a very good show and i watched it all the way from the beginning and was waiting for season 8 to come out to find out what happens after the abrupt end that kept me guessing what would happen next, it is just awful to leave people hanging with a last episode like that, I am very upset that I will not know what happens and get to see everything else fold out in the loved story. This show actually helped me appreciate the military and their families even more and it also gave me a role model type influence for being in a relationship with someone who was also in the military. Please bring back the show I don’t understand why you would get rid of it. It was really one of the better shows that has been aired on tv and not so typical of the shows that are on tv now.

16. DeVa says:

I wasn’t too impressed with season 7. Casting is what keep a series great.
    They got rid of their best cast members.