Army Wives Cancelled, Lifetime Prepping Farewell Retrospective for 2014

army wives cancelledLifetime is deploying Army Wives to the TV graveyard.

The cabler has cancelled its longest-running series, which wrapped its seventh (and now-final) season in June.

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Cancelled? What’s Returning? What’s on the Bubble?

A two-hour retrospective special featuring the show’s cast will air early next year.

“There is no denying how special Army Wives has been to both Lifetime and the television landscape,” Lifetime’s Exec VP and General Manager Rob Sharenow said in a statement. “By taking on a very relevant and timely issue, it has brilliantly captured the challenges our military families endure and the bravery they and their loved ones display while serving our country.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

“We also want to thank Army Wives’ passionate legion of fans,” he added, “and everyone involved with the series: ABC Studios, Mark Gordon and Jeff Melvoin, Tanya Biank, every single cast member, as well as the crew and community of Charleston, South Carolina.”

Deposit your eulogies in the comments, and while you’re there riddle me this: Was Claudia Joy’s death the final nail in the show’s coffin?

1. livy says:

I am so sad they are ending army wives. I cant believe they made amanada Jeremy and Claudia Joy die. How could they do this. Season 1 episode1 a tribe is born to season 7 eposode 13 all for nothing. Rwally I love aw aka army wives. I bet anyone can agree with me

2. paul buttros says:

bring back the show i miss watching it

3. Linda White says:

I’m really sorry that you felt that the show needed canceling. Obviously, it was not a very throughly thought out process.

4. Ada says:

Omg my husband and I need our army wives, it’s the only show we watched together.

5. daressa says:

They need a season 8 i like army wives

6. Lei says:

The quality of this show was amazing. I find it hard to still see show that continue to air that have no sustenance. I guess the American public have no sustenance when it comes to good writing. I will miss this show…too bad…

7. KB says:

DO NOT CANCEL THIS SHOW! Please!

8. Ivy says:

Currently watching series 7 here in NZ. I love the show so much I couldn’t wait, so I had to watch all the episodes online. Who does Gloria pick in the end? OMG it’s leaving me wanting more but then I here about the show ending. Arrrggh very disappointing!

9. please bring army wives back tv show please i miss it alo’t please please bring it back please is good tv show ever please bring army wives back please please i relly want arm wives back

10. natalie says:

I really enjoyed army wives it was a comfort to me to watch, as a military wife it was great to have a show that I could relate to. I am sure gonna miss the show.

11. Heather says:

I watched Army Wives avidly and then thought I was behind a season until I just rewatched Season 7 and the found out there will be no Season 8. I think Army Wives and its fans deserved a final Season that showcased what a great series it was to watch vs an end of Season 7 cliff hanger. Season 8 could have been the FINAL season. To end as it did was such a disgrace when all fans are anticipating to see what happens next only to find out that there will be no “REAL” season “FINALE”! All the series I have been watching are being discontinued. Totally disappointing…

Disappointed Fan,
    Heather

12. Denise Hazen says:

That really Stinx I loved that show! I will miss it terribly you stink lifetime!

13. Denise Hazen says:

I’m so pissed at lifetime! Put army wives back on at least end it the right way!!

14. tiffany kirk says:

i dont understand y yall take all the good shows off the air please dont cancel this show its my favorite on on this channel.

15. Katelyn House says:

Army Wives was such an inspirational show and it really helped me understand the military life a lot more and it was really a very good show and i watched it all the way from the beginning and was waiting for season 8 to come out to find out what happens after the abrupt end that kept me guessing what would happen next, it is just awful to leave people hanging with a last episode like that, I am very upset that I will not know what happens and get to see everything else fold out in the loved story. This show actually helped me appreciate the military and their families even more and it also gave me a role model type influence for being in a relationship with someone who was also in the military. Please bring back the show I don’t understand why you would get rid of it. It was really one of the better shows that has been aired on tv and not so typical of the shows that are on tv now.

16. DeVa says:

I wasn’t too impressed with season 7. Casting is what keep a series great.
    They got rid of their best cast members.

17. Amanda says:

I too had watched Army Wives from the very beginning. I began watching it before my own deployment in ’05. I immediately fell in love with this show. For it to end was heartbreaking. With all the crap tv shows they make these days, it’s surprising that we had to say goodbye to a well loved one. I must say, it seems Lifetime had good timing airing Army Wives timly after the 9/11 attack and ending once all the hype and unity died down. i could be wrong and they ended it for other reasons however, it’s still too bad.

18. Jamie says:

I finally just caught up with the last 2-3 seasons. I was sad when I learned they were canceling the show. How about a spin-off to keep it going with the new/last season’s cast?

19. Camille says:

I am so devastated to hear that my fav show will no longer be on. Not only did it portray the actual army life, it was about girlfriends and their relationships. It made me cry and made me appreciate my friends even more. There will never be a better show or a more wonderful cast than Army Wives.

20. aj says:

Please reconsider bringing back aw!

21. Stormie says:

As part of an army family this upset me that they decided to not make another season on Army wives I’ve been a dedicated person of watching every season and episode and never missing one! I beg of you too bring this show back to lifetime! I managed to get more people involved in watching the show because of how great it was and the way you ended the last episode of season 7 was not very fair it leaves you guess as to who Gloria is gonna choose how’s Joan and Roland and their kids are gonna adjust to the move what is going to happen with Kat and Michael or how Truman and Penny’s relationship turns out!!! Its very very unfair!

22. Barbara lozada says:

Such a disappointment for the decision not to return Army Wives.

23. Tameka Johnson says:

Bring it back please and no her death was hard but you had me addicted to it

24. Tiffany says:

Really TV is becoming Stupid

25. teresa says:

PLEASE BRING BACK “(ARMY WIVES)”
    I don’t understand why lifetime needed to discontinue this show its been a show I’ve enjoyed watching and I have to be honest it relates to me on a personal basis the army life is what most wives deal with when becoming a soldiers wife or husband so the scenerios and situations on air can relate to people in their personal lifes and I ask that you all consider

26. teresa says:

PLEASE BRING BACK “(ARMY WIVES)”
    I don’t understand why lifetime needed to discontinue this show its been a show I’ve enjoyed watching and I have to be honest it relates to me on a personal basis the army life is what most wives deal with when becoming a soldiers wife or husband so the scenerios and situations on air can relate to people in their personal lifes and I ask that you all may reconsider to re-air this tv series please with the utmost importance and gratitude airborne 32nd brigade!!

27. Mary Wilkerson says:

Thanks for the spoiler without warning. Im only on season 4 :(

28. Cheri Dow says:

I am truly disappointed In the decision to cancel army wives. I enjoyed it so much and could relate to it. I looked forward to it and the seasons to come.it is upsetting to know that there will be no more.it was the first time I have ever been hooked on a series.you begin to feel like they’re your family as well coming from an army family myself.I really hope the producers reconsider the decision to end such an inspiring series.A true fan.

29. liss says:

I think it is a shame that this show got cancelled. I watched this show religiously and loved everything about it. Although it did get a little worried when all the big name actresses and actors came in to the show, and some of the key players of the show started dying off and leaving but I found comfort in the fact that the show was still running. But now it is not. Well that just blows. This show is one of the shows that I could finally relate to of having a long distance relationship half the time and sure I cried and laugh with the episodes but it was worth it. I love this show!

30. kelly says:

I so need to know what happens this is not cool ugggggg

31. Terri says:

Bad call on canceling Army Wives. You should re-think this producers!!

32. Monica says:

Seriously!!!! Y!!!!! With all the crappy shows lifetime has. They cancel a great meaningful show!!!! Shame on u lifetime!!!!

33. monica cockren says:

I LOVE Army Wives!!! It is my favorite show!!!! PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!!! I have watched it from day one and I fell in love with it. PLEASE PLEASE bring it back!!!