Emmys

Emmy Winners React! Anna Gunn Shrugs Off Haters, Jeff Daniels Explains His Mysterious Tweet, Claire Danes' 'Tiny' Problem and More

What happens after a Primetime Emmy Award winner grabs their gold and has their pat acceptance speech behind them?

TVLine was in the backstage press room as each of this year’s Emmy winners reacted more emotionally, candidly or hilariously to their fresh burst of good fortune.

PHOTOS | Emmys 2013: TVLine Lists the Best and Worst Moments

Whose next stop was a pricey after-party? Who had an early night ahead of them because of a jet-lagged baby? Did Michael Douglas intend to be so naughty?! Read on for notable quotes from the newly minted actors, writers and producers who passed through.

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Awards, Emmys, Photo Gallery

1. Good job Anna Gunn. Sucks that Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul didn’t win…..

2. Sam says:

So happy that Anna gunn won, the only award I cared about and the best part of season 5. Cranston, Paul and gunn will all win next year for this seasons episodes

3. David4 says:

Bryan Cranston not winning is a joke, which is why I don’t waste my time with these horrible awards show.

4. JBC says:

I was kind of hoping to see Jonathan Banks win. He played a fantastic MIKE on Breaking Bad. That show is the best in TV and all deserve to win. I think that Bryan C. and Aaron P. will win next time around. Very happy for Anna Gunn.

5. Sara says:

Glad Breaking Bad won!

6. Joey says:

Happy Anna Gunn, Tony Hale, The Voice, and Breaking Bad won tonight.

7. Angela says:

Awwww, classy comment from Stephen Colbert. I love Jon and “The Daily Show”, but I’m very happy that Stephen finally got a chance to break the streak. Congrats to him and his team on their well-deserved wins!

8. Cherry says:

Really predictable like always and James Cromwell winning, really !?! He’s a great actor but he wants award worthy in that show.

• Ron says:

Predictable? Maybe we didn’t see the same Emmys. A win for Tony Hale (happy about it, though)? A win for Merritt Wever? A win for Laura Linney? A win for Jeff Daniels? A win for The Voice over Amazing Race? A win for Stephen Colbert? That was ALL unexpected and very unpredictable. Honestly, the only 2 things I found most predictable were a loss for Amy Poehler and Jon Hamm. I even found Modern Family’s fourth consecutive win somewhat unpredictable.

• Ron says:

AND, to add a couple more. A win for Bobby Canavale? Or even as you said, a win for James Cromwell? Even NPH made a joke about everyone losing their Emmy office pool. I didn’t think the winners were predictable at all.

9. RyanC says:

I think in large part I could understand every one of the wins last night. None really screamed “outrage” to me. I get that a lot of people want a win for Bryan Cranston, but I was happy with any one of the men nominated winning the Emmy. The only one I might have changed is Ellen Burstyn winning. She’s a brilliant actress for sure, but how they didn’t give the award to Sarah Paulson is beyond me. She was my favourite part of the entire 2012/13 TV season.

10. Bark Star says:

As much as I like Jeff Daniels and enjoy The Newsroom, that was defintiely the wrong call. Cranston was snubbed, so was Banks.

11. Sarabi says:

I’m happy for Breaking Bad, although I think they deserved to win every single category they were nominated in! Especially Bryan Cranston!
    Also happy for The Colbert Report! :)

12. M says:

SO HAPPY about The Newsroom love. So very, very happy.

13. MoodyAmerican says:

Bryan Cranston will win nxt year. The first 8 eps of the final season of Breaking Bad weren’t wow wow wow like the final 8..7..we’ve seen. Jeff Daniels winning is refreshing, his character is a wreck but more realistically relatable. And I’m basing it off the first season of the Newsroom.