Emmys

Emmy Winners React! Anna Gunn Shrugs Off Haters, Jeff Daniels Explains His Mysterious Tweet, Claire Danes' 'Tiny' Problem and More

Get More: Awards, Emmys, Photo Gallery

What happens after a Primetime Emmy Award winner grabs their gold and has their pat acceptance speech behind them?

TVLine was in the backstage press room as each of this year’s Emmy winners reacted more emotionally, candidly or hilariously to their fresh burst of good fortune.

PHOTOS | Emmys 2013: TVLine Lists the Best and Worst Moments

Whose next stop was a pricey after-party? Who had an early night ahead of them because of a jet-lagged baby? Did Michael Douglas intend to be so naughty?! Read on for notable quotes from the newly minted actors, writers and producers who passed through.

Comments (21)

• Good job Anna Gunn. Sucks that Bryan Cranston and Aaron Paul didn’t win…..

Comment by Adam Gri Bramble – September 22, 2013 07:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So happy that Anna gunn won, the only award I cared about and the best part of season 5. Cranston, Paul and gunn will all win next year for this seasons episodes

Comment by Sam – September 22, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bryan Cranston not winning is a joke, which is why I don’t waste my time with these horrible awards show.

Comment by David4 – September 22, 2013 07:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your comment and your arrogance are the joke.

Comment by Michael Angelo – September 22, 2013 08:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Funny being that award shows are the definition of “arrogant”.

Comment by David4 – September 22, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • oh Michael come on now. You don’t come off great yourself. People are allowed to be negative.

Comment by Joker – September 22, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was kind of hoping to see Jonathan Banks win. He played a fantastic MIKE on Breaking Bad. That show is the best in TV and all deserve to win. I think that Bryan C. and Aaron P. will win next time around. Very happy for Anna Gunn.

Comment by JBC – September 22, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I kind of wanted Banks to win too just b/c Aaron still has a shot next year.

Comment by Cheeky – September 22, 2013 08:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad Breaking Bad won!

Comment by Sara – September 22, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy Anna Gunn, Tony Hale, The Voice, and Breaking Bad won tonight.

Comment by Joey – September 22, 2013 08:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awwww, classy comment from Stephen Colbert. I love Jon and “The Daily Show”, but I’m very happy that Stephen finally got a chance to break the streak. Congrats to him and his team on their well-deserved wins!

Comment by Angela – September 23, 2013 01:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really predictable like always and James Cromwell winning, really !?! He’s a great actor but he wants award worthy in that show.

Comment by Cherry – September 23, 2013 02:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Predictable? Maybe we didn’t see the same Emmys. A win for Tony Hale (happy about it, though)? A win for Merritt Wever? A win for Laura Linney? A win for Jeff Daniels? A win for The Voice over Amazing Race? A win for Stephen Colbert? That was ALL unexpected and very unpredictable. Honestly, the only 2 things I found most predictable were a loss for Amy Poehler and Jon Hamm. I even found Modern Family’s fourth consecutive win somewhat unpredictable.

Comment by Ron – September 23, 2013 11:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • AND, to add a couple more. A win for Bobby Canavale? Or even as you said, a win for James Cromwell? Even NPH made a joke about everyone losing their Emmy office pool. I didn’t think the winners were predictable at all.

Comment by Ron – September 23, 2013 11:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think in large part I could understand every one of the wins last night. None really screamed “outrage” to me. I get that a lot of people want a win for Bryan Cranston, but I was happy with any one of the men nominated winning the Emmy. The only one I might have changed is Ellen Burstyn winning. She’s a brilliant actress for sure, but how they didn’t give the award to Sarah Paulson is beyond me. She was my favourite part of the entire 2012/13 TV season.

Comment by RyanC – September 23, 2013 05:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • As much as I like Jeff Daniels and enjoy The Newsroom, that was defintiely the wrong call. Cranston was snubbed, so was Banks.

Comment by Bark Star – September 23, 2013 05:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m happy for Breaking Bad, although I think they deserved to win every single category they were nominated in! Especially Bryan Cranston!
    Also happy for The Colbert Report! :)

Comment by Sarabi – September 23, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SO HAPPY about The Newsroom love. So very, very happy.

Comment by M – September 23, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Can’t agree more, probably the most underated show on TV! Can’t wait for season 3

Comment by Steve – September 23, 2013 09:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The title for most underrated show on TV belongs to Parenthood, which has only ever been nominated for one Emmy award for a guest starring role.

Comment by Karen – September 23, 2013 04:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bryan Cranston will win nxt year. The first 8 eps of the final season of Breaking Bad weren’t wow wow wow like the final 8..7..we’ve seen. Jeff Daniels winning is refreshing, his character is a wreck but more realistically relatable. And I’m basing it off the first season of the Newsroom.

Comment by MoodyAmerican – September 23, 2013 03:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post