Mindy Project Exclusive: A Conversation With Ike Barinholtz… as Chris Messina and James Franco

Get More: Exclusive, Video

Ever wonder what it would look like if The Mindy Project‘s Ike Barinholtz conducted a one-man interview as his co-stars Chris Messina and James Franco? No? Just us? Well, jump on the bandwagon this instant because TVLine has obtained a video of that very thing — and it’s just as spot-on (and hilarious) as fans of the trio should expect.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Mindy Project and 44 Other Returning Faves

Clearly a master impressionist, Barinholtz — who co-stars on the Fox comedy (airing Tuesdays at 9:30/8:30c) as loveable office weirdo and No. 1 Mindy fan Morgan Tookers — plops himself in front of the camera in the exclusive video below and then, upon learning that the same crew had just chatted with Messina and Franco, reenacts what he believes to be their conversation.

Press PLAY below to watch the funnyman at work, then hit the comments with your thoughts: Was Barinholtz better as Messina or as Franco?

Comments (9)

• hilarious! Can’t wait for the rest of the season

Comment by mk – September 20, 2013 07:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ike is hilarious and I LOVE Chris Messina.

Comment by Nancy – September 20, 2013 08:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ike was always one of my favorites on MADtv, love having him back on my TV again.

Comment by erin – September 20, 2013 10:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG. I LOVE LOVE LOVE Chris Messina and Ike does an fantastic job of impersonating him :) Thanks for setting up the “interview betwen CM and JF ;-)

Comment by Lisa – September 20, 2013 10:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ike is so friggin funny. I would pay to watch him pick his nose for an hour-anything. I think he’s brilliant. I need a one man Ike show-for hours. I broke into my great grandmother’s house and stole her I LIKE IKE crap from a billion years ago, just bc it reminds me of Ike.

Comment by Michelle – September 20, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ike was one of my favorite MADtv cast members ever! I’m soooooo happy he’s on Mindy!

Comment by rachelle – September 20, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i actually don’t like his character on Mindy, but i’ll still watch him anywhere.

i posted on my blog about 8 years ago that i had a super crush on Ike. same blog said i wanted Michael Ausiello’s job. so there’s that.

Comment by flutiefan – September 20, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wish I could watch it in the UK :(

Comment by Ruby – September 22, 2013 04:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is very interesting, You are an excessively skilled blogger.
    I’ve joined your rss feed and siit up for searching for more of your great
    post. Also, I’ve shared you site in my social networks

Comment by cheap car insurance for new drivers – February 3, 2014 05:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post