Sleepy Hollow Books Fringe's John Noble For Power(s)ful Recurring Role

Get More: Casting News

john noble sleepy hollowFringe vet John Noble is heading back to Fox with a major recurring role on Sleepy Hollow, TVLine has confirmed.

As first reported by Deadline, Noble will play Henry Parrish, a reclusive man who possesses supernatural powers that have the potential to help Ichabod Crane (Tom Mison).

RELATED | Why Did Sleepy Hollow Lose the Legend? And More Questions About New Fall Shows

The gig reunites Noble with Fringe cocreators Alex Kurtzman and Bob Orci.

As reported earlier this week by TVLine, True Blood‘s James Frain is also joining the rookie drama for multiple episodes in the role of Rutledge, a modern-day nobleman who will interrogate Ichabod about his past.

Sleepy Hollow got off to a strong start Monday, giving Fox its best fall drama debut in seven years.

Comments (37)

• This makes me even more excited to watch this show. I loved the Pilot, and I love John Noble :)

Comment by Jake – September 20, 2013 10:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too! As my friends at Charly’s Bakery say: Its Mucking Afazing. I hope he channels a bit of Walter in him. Also hope Jasika Nicole makes an appearance…

Comment by shuayb – September 20, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I hope Jasika gets a role in the future as well. Her character on Fringe didn’t get near enough screen time and I’d love her to see her in this!!

Comment by Melissa Mazza – November 4, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • YEAH Another reason to watch this terrific show! LOVE John Nobel!

Comment by BeeBop – September 20, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One word:Haven Amazing!!

Comment by Justin – September 20, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • One word: Amazing! !

Comment by Justin – September 20, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • sold.

Comment by stevie – September 20, 2013 10:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • HELL F..KING YESSSSS.

Comment by Kat – September 20, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not that I needed much more to like this new show but yay!! Score yet another win for Sleepy Hollow!

Comment by CA – September 20, 2013 10:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noble and Frain – excellent casting!

Comment by Ava – September 20, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was sold when i first watched the pilot, but now … oh man, i’m fangirling

Comment by joão pedro sampaio (@joaotc) – September 20, 2013 10:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG!! I’m excited. Such a talented man.

Comment by Summer – September 20, 2013 10:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well now I have to watch this show!

Comment by Lizzie – September 20, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • John Noble was absolutely incredible as Walter Bishop. *What a lovely surprise* :-) :-) :-) :-)

Comment by Liz – September 20, 2013 11:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • First thing I said after watching the pilot: This thing needs Walter Bishop!

Comment by Tone LG – September 20, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This Fringie is happy. Now,if only they could get Anna,Jasika,Joshua,and Gene the Cow to be on there (=

Comment by Ashley – September 20, 2013 11:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my god! John Noble is nearby?!?! Shiny!! I may have to ‘visit’ the set now!

Comment by Alichat – September 20, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Today has been a good day of me making noises akin to what a pterodactyl would make.

Comment by Sarah – September 20, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • To day I saw the line “[...random actors name...] makes everything better just like bacon” and an announcement that John Noble is joining a new show and I’m really disappointed that these two things weren’t in the same article. JN is awesome and will be awesome on Sleepy Hallow, which had a pretty decent start.

Comment by EWJ – September 20, 2013 11:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t think I would like this show. Then I watched the pilot, and loved it. Now John Noble is on board? This could become one of my favorite new dramas of the season at the rate it’s going!

Comment by Eric – September 20, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, I wasn’t planning on watching this show, even after all the raves… but now CAN.NOT.RESIST!!!

Comment by Tanya – September 20, 2013 11:28 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrific news, he’s a wonderful actor

Comment by John – September 20, 2013 11:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes yes yes!

Comment by AT – September 20, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg. This is so awesome. Sleepy Hollow is on its way to being my top new show.

Comment by Andy – September 20, 2013 12:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Finally, I can watch a show with one of the Fringe stars on it! I was starting to think I’d never be able to watch any of them again.

Comment by Drew – September 20, 2013 12:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This has me very excited

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 20, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • SUCH awesome news. I was impressed with the pilot (although my wife made an interesting comment – how it was sad nowadays that pilots have to give so much of the mystery away or risk losing the audience). We are already sold, and now this – John Noble. So cool.

Comment by R.O.B. – September 20, 2013 01:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glad John is getting more work. I’ll watch the episodes he’s in.

Comment by Joey – September 20, 2013 02:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!

Comment by majamababe – September 20, 2013 03:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YEEESSSSSSS

Comment by erin – September 20, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YESSSSS!!!!!!!

Comment by Alice – September 20, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not a single negative comment about John. Pity.

Comment by Utbabys – September 20, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was impressed with the pilot It reminded me of books written by Dan Brown. I was already sold, and now this – John Noble. So cool.

Comment by Ron (@Ronc303) – September 20, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I was sure that Walter would land somewhere uncertain and not known … In a universe unimaginable. The surprise for me, when he will appear in Sleepy Hollow! WOW! All success to you Mr John Noble!

Comment by Zepp OnAir – September 20, 2013 07:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • My jaw literally dropped when this news popped up on my screen. Now Sleepy Hollow is a must watch for me! I’m totally in 100 percent!

Comment by Farley Ong – September 20, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking forward to his appearing. Now Sony needs to cast him as J Jonah Jameson in the Spiderman films!

Comment by Scott Johnston – September 21, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Of all the actors from Fringe they can choose, why john noble? It’s also quite sad that all Josh got was hate when he got the role on The Affair but John gets love and respect. Freaking bull.

Comment by Ofelia12 – September 21, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post