Copper Cancelled, Series Finale Airs Sunday

Get More: Cancellations, News

Copper Cancelled No Season 3Copper‘s Season 2 finale, airing this Sunday, will in fact be its series finale, BBC America has announced.

“After 23 episodes, with Lincoln dead and the nation starting to heal, it seems a fitting moment to conclude this American story,” BBC America GM Perry Simon explained in a statement.

RELATED | Orphan Black Creators Promise No ‘Throwaway Clones,’ Hint at Tiny Time Jump in Season 2

Simon added, “The opportunity to work with [executive producers] Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Will Rokos, Thomas Kelly and the extraordinary cast and crew on this journey is one that we are extremely proud of. Their vision to re-tell the immigrant experience through the melting pot of New York City was an original and fresh idea that melded well with the essence of BBC America’s programming.”

RELATED | Doctor Who Casts Torchwood Vet Peter Capaldi as New Time Lord — Yay or Nay?

In Sunday’s final episode, “The Place I Called My Home,” Detective Kevin Corcoran, Robert Morehouse and Doctor Matthew Freeman — still reeling from Lincoln’s assassination — decide to join a national effort once more, spurring memories from the battlefield, bringing back faces from the past and creating opportunity for Five Points chaos to continue unabated.

TVLine’s Cable Renewal Scorecard has thusly been updated.

Comments (155)

• What the hell is Copper?

Comment by Clamke – September 19, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A great show on BBC

Comment by Sara – September 19, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I really liked the first few episode then it just got so bad. I really wanted to keep liking it too.

Comment by Micronian – September 20, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Can you please tell us why you think this program “got so bad”? Not sure you are talking about the same show. Copper is amazing.

Comment by S Reyna – September 20, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • what because you disagree I must not be watching the same show? Why does any show become bad. Writing and direction being the cause here IMO. I love the producers and became fans of all the actors being that this was the first thing I’d seen many of them on. Well except Anastasia Griffith( Elizabeth Haverford) she was awful. As I said it had a strong start and around episode 4 it turned into crap. I was disappointed because it could have been great. I guess I’m not the only one who thought season 2 was bad seeing it’s been cancelled.

was that a good enough explanation for you?

Comment by Micronian – September 20, 2013 07:53 PM PDT
          • I think S Reyna was asking a legitimate question in a very polite way. Jeez Micronian, did your answer have to be so snarky? I was wondering what your reasoning was myself. I think Copper did have a slump period in the middle of the season last year, but I really enjoyed the addition of Donal Logue. To each his own.

Comment by Mel – September 21, 2013 11:11 AM PDT
          • Because micronian refers to the size of “its” ability to process thought and visual stimuli simultaneously. season 2 of Copper was a gem. the acting, depth the characters and the sets were all an improvement over season one . The only character I was glad to see gone was ” Anna Rielly” the evil devil child.. A creepy portrayal and over acted.. The BBC’s statement that .”.now that Lincoln is dead … fitting moment to end, etc was absurd

Comment by Marco – February 18, 2014 01:36 PM PDT
          • The BBC’s statement that .”.now that Lincoln is dead … fitting moment to end, etc was absurd
            Comment by Marco – February 18, 2014 01:36 PM PDT

I totally agree Marco!! This show is informative, action packed, very well written AND acted and I LOVE Anastasia Griffith. She played Elizabeth Haverford very well! GREAT show, it’s should have renewed for a third season. BBC America has lost it’s mind! And Micronian…chill out! It was just a question.

Comment by Robynn – April 9, 2014 09:07 AM PDT
      • It was a great show until last nights final episode with the black doctor as a Simon La Gree character. The most disgustingly clueless episode in its brilliant albeit short run. I was embarrassed for the actor who had to bleed his soul out for that horribly condescending dialogue.

Comment by Jerry – September 23, 2013 08:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Gutted….will miss it completely. Copper had so much potential- maybe it was just never in the right hands to begin with?

Comment by Not happy – October 22, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I as crushed. I really loved the show and wish it would come back.

Comment by Will Hermann – October 27, 2013 05:14 PM PDT
      • What a disappointment. It was one of the very few quality shows on television and I was eagerly awaiting the beginning of the third series. I’m so bummed.

Comment by Gloria Gonzales – November 6, 2013 06:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • They don’t care if we like it or not. Whenever I get to know there is a new show on that people really like, I start to watch and just when you really like it, these fools cancel it. My 15 year old grandson just stumbled onto it recently. He’s been catching up in his computer and yesterday, I had to tell him not to bother.

Comment by Liz – November 6, 2013 06:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • DUH!!! you must know what it is your on the webpage

Comment by holly tree – October 9, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Copper is just yet another really good show that has been cancelled. A cop show in New York in the 1800′s. What fool(s) made this decision? Anything and everything worth watching gets cancelled. Mob Doctor was another really goodshow. Like so many before me I hate all Tv stations. Going to drop all but the news and sports. I despise your cheap reality shows. I am, like far too many other people, tired of shows being cancelled brfore people even get to know they exist. People think TV is one big joke and they are so right!

Comment by Lorraine – November 2, 2013 11:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A real to life cop show set in the mid 1800′s was excellent and this is why I don’t subscribe to network TV, download isn’t as disappointing when they pull the wool out from under you like this!

Comment by OV – January 2, 2014 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • stunned,just now heard i was anxiously awaiting its return.and i dont watch very many shows my opinion is it was contrav

Comment by rolando rimerize – February 6, 2014 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is the best original tv series that addresses what happened to people when they immigrated to the US. Of course that is what our country was founded on but BBC decided to punish us and take away a great historical series. Too bad because we loved it!

Comment by Lin Baker – April 6, 2014 11:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Noooo! I loved that show!

Comment by Aleksa – September 19, 2013 11:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me too. I’m bummed. I love historical dramas. Hopefully AMC doesn’t cancel Hell on Wheels.

Comment by Mel – September 19, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Love Hell on Wheels. Hopefully AMC will renew.
        Moving it to Saturday night helped with the ratings.

Comment by Whatever – September 19, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, Hell on Wheels ratings have gone down on Saturdays.

Comment by Shaw – September 19, 2013 10:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well here is hoping they don’t leave it ending up in the air with a cliffhanger. I really enjoyed this show. I hope Franka Potente can move on to another good tv series. She was great in this.

Comment by jasie – September 19, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree, she was wonderful. The entire cast was great and hopefully they’ll all move on to bigger things. I’m disappointed but not surprised by the cancellation. BBC America seemed to have lost interest in the series during season two…very little promotion. Now they’ll have an open hour time slot in which to air yet another episode of the ubiquitous “Top Gear!”

Comment by Uzi – September 19, 2013 12:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Am I the only person who has no interest in Top Gear?

Comment by Mel – September 19, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • No, I’m not interested either. BBC America could be showing a lot more UK television series, yet prefers to play endless reruns of Top Gear, Gordon Ramsay, and Star Trek: The Next Generation.

Comment by maggie – September 19, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I agree that it is unfortunate that excellent programs ie Copper are cancelled. And I agree that BBC America plays waaaaay too much Top Gear, and why do we need Star Trek on their network when they should be broadcasting more of the fantastic programs from the UK.

Comment by Sara – October 6, 2013 01:55 PM PDT
        • I love Top Gear. I have zero interest in cars period, but I love the hosts and their interaction. It’s what makes me watch along w/ the celebrity guest portion. It’s been around in some form for over 30 years, so sorry, I don’t think it’s going anywhere. Maybe the problem is that the channel still doesn’t have much of a viewer following? I watched Copper and tried to get into Ripper Street but I had such a hard time understanding the accents I had to stop :/

Comment by Meredith – September 20, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • Thanks for your comment Meredith. I am surprised at it’s longevity. Just goes to show there is something for everyone. As much as I love Copper, I will agree with you about Ripper Street. It did not do anything for me.

Comment by Mel – September 21, 2013 11:13 AM PDT
        • I loved Copper it was a refreshing chaange from the dead beat shows BBC America runs over and over,the same was done to another network show Deadwood that was another really good program…

Comment by maggie – March 20, 2014 04:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh! Why are all the good shows being cancelled?! I loved this show!

Comment by Beanie – September 19, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The answer to your question is easy. Think of just how stupid the average guy on the street is. Now, consider the fact that 50% of the population is even stupider.

Comment by Roy P. – September 23, 2013 07:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This show was awesome! Something’s wrong with these people who make these really bad decisions to cancel good shows and leave lousy ones on. BBC, please correct this error!!

Comment by sknjm – October 11, 2013 09:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • NOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Carol Perry – September 19, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This!!! I love Copper. That makes two of my favorite summer shows (this and the glades) being cancelled. :-(

Comment by Spilenalabama – September 19, 2013 01:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love copper it showed real history,and that in that time and era they had good people who cared. They need to keep this show on. Darn I am mad. This was wrong to cancel.

Comment by tammy – December 7, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched them all so far in a fairly short amount of time. From a binge-watching perspective, It seems to me the story has gone downhill in season 2, I hate to say. Not Dexter downhill (that’s tough to beat), just a direction that was making the show seem a lot smaller and simpler than it could have been. The world of Copper seems now to take place in an area the size of Sesame Street. Everyone gets everywhere they need to go in a few seconds, except when it serves the story that they don’t. Characters become bad guys then good guys again without consequence. I was hoping this season would be more centered on the Lincoln assassination, told from the Five Points perspective. At the beginning they even introduced John Wilkes Booth. I thought maybe Corcoran would get a tip about the upcoming play and we’d see what progress was made over the season and how Wilkes ultimately outsmarted them. Instead, we get a plotline about an evil police chief (or whatever he was) trying to turn five points into an aquaduct. I like these actors, though – hope to see them in better BBC material.

Comment by R.O.B. – September 19, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t know much about New York City, do you? Five Points is an area maybe 8 blocks by 5 blocks. Not big at all. And the Tameny Hall corruption was the story of the time.

Comment by meme – September 19, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I Agree R.O.B.
      The actors continue to shine on Copper but the writing was weak this season.
      They’re just phoning it in on Dexter , it’s really bad.

Comment by Whatever – September 19, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHHHHHY, this season started out a little rocky but it’s gotten so good lately!!

Comment by Rain – September 19, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • darn! I loved that show!

Comment by Devin – September 19, 2013 12:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love this show, and this new makes me livid. BBC America is losing me.

Comment by ScorpionGlow – September 19, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • *news

Comment by ScorpionGlow – September 19, 2013 01:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They’re still bringing us Broadchurch, so they’re not all bad.

Comment by meme – September 19, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • The only other show they have that I watch is Orphan Black.

Comment by ScorpionGlow – September 19, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Broadchurch is brilliant.

Comment by maggie – September 19, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • For me, Ripper Street is almost as much a favorite as Copper, but Copper is the one I have the deepest attachment to. Broadchurch I am watching, but if it stopped in the middle of the current season it wouldn’t bother me; I just don’t have an emotional or intellectual investment in the characters or the solution to the murder. And Orphan Black? I just couldn’t get past the first two episodes. It wasn’t that interesting.

Comment by Maryann – September 22, 2013 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Loved both Ripper Street and Copper so much..Ripper Street was cancelled too..What is up with BBC? Hell on Wheels is great too..Is that the next one to go?

Comment by barbara kenerly – December 27, 2013 04:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ugh! I really liked this show. If the recent scene between Tom Weston Jones and Donal Logue doesn’t qualify as quality TV, I give up trying to figure out what is.

Comment by Deena – September 19, 2013 01:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. That was such an intense game of Russian roulette. Donal seems to be everywhere latel Sons of Anarchy, Vikings. Good for him. At least he’s working. I’ve been pissed since the cancellation of Terriers.

Comment by Mel – September 19, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, this news sucks.

Comment by meme – September 19, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just watched season 1 on Netflix. If season 2 is anywhere near season 1, it’s a shame to see this one go.

Comment by Drew – September 19, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • By erasing yourself through the public wifi network (although you’re actually connected),
    you are able to prevent a packet sniffer from seeing you as being a potential target.
    In addition to sightseeing, you’ll find unlimited entertainment opportunities for
    your discerning travelers, ensuring probably the most worthwhile holiday experience ever.
    If you remain at airport hotels you then can accomplish that quickly
    at all since they are located very close to the hotel.

Comment by http://uglyfactory2381.blog.com/ – September 19, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Say what now?

Comment by Delia – September 20, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Devastated! I love this show! :(

Comment by Amanda – September 19, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What on earth?!!! I can’t believe this!!! Copper was by far the best series on BBC America, with a totally unique voice not remotely replicated elsewhere. And it was definitely in my top five series on all networks of the last five years. This show will indeed be mourned, and BBC America will go from definitely appointment viewing to maybe-I’ll-get-around-to-it-if-I’m-bored.

Comment by Maryann – September 19, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Copper! Started watching online and it’s recently become a great addition to my Sunday night programs. I will miss this show and wish we could have left the characters in a better place.

Comment by Jess (@CrashandBurn9) – September 19, 2013 02:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I havent started the second season yet, the first was amazing but did seem pretty open and shut (like the first two seasons of Hell on Wheels), but i plan on watching it and i bet i will really enjoy it…so i am very disappointed to read that BBCA cancelled it. I really hope it doesnt end on a cliffhanger.

Comment by M3rc Nate – September 19, 2013 02:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is BS!!! Why cancel this show?

Comment by CBWBDK1 – September 19, 2013 02:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I went to the BBC America site and there was no mention of a cancellation. Why wouldn’t they put something on their site if this was true? This is the only show on BBC America that I watch so if they cancel this show they’ve lost at least two viewers in my household alone and I’m sure that’s true of a lot of people. Surely they won’t risk losing such a large number of viewers. Please, please, tell me it’s not true. Why do networks cancel such high quality programs and leave crap on for decades…reality TV SUCKS! I’m soooooo disappointed.

Comment by Terri – September 19, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Was just watching Broadchurch that I had recorded last night and a commercial came on that said “series finale Saturday.” :(

Comment by Mel – September 19, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This sucks. Everyone needs to get on BBCAmerica about this!!!!

Comment by Caffeinated Impressions – September 19, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that bums me out.

Comment by Bridget Jones – September 19, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am thoroughly disgusted by this news. Why do the majority of American TV viewers prefer inane drivel to quality?

Comment by lindasays – September 19, 2013 04:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m an American viewer. Favorite shows are Copper, Hell on Wheels and the Walking Dead.

You won’t find any inane drivel at least in this rebel’s home.

Comment by themonk – October 28, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well that sucks. I love this show. The acting and storytelling is first rate.

Comment by Laurie – September 19, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just found this show, and am loving it. I am going to miss it.

Comment by Lauren – September 19, 2013 05:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best show on tv and the best in a very long time. I can’t believe they cancelled Copper. Makes absolutely no sense. Just like FireFly. Browncoats are still PO’d to this day they cancelled that show. They cancel Copper but Jersey Shore ran for 6 years, are you kidding me? The Simpsons is still on TV after god know how many years and they cancel Copper? What is wrong with these people? Along with a large number of Copper twitter followers I mailed 3 letters myself asking to renew Copper. I have never sent a letter to any network in my life. That how good this show is. I guess the fans and the people actually wanting to watch the show don’t matter? It’s not ratings. Copper is blowing the rating out of the water.

“it seems a fitting moment to conclude this American story” Are you kidding me? Sure it might be a “fitting” ending if you started the series a lot further back, before the draft wars in Five Points, during the gang problems, The Old Brewery….there is so much they should have been able to add to Copper allowing us to grow with these characters and this amazing cast. You have just started giving us the best thing ever on tv then just take it away!?

I am still in shock and really mad actually. I wonder if it would make a difference if the fans bombarded the BBC America with mail asking for them to reconsider? I would send 5 letters a day if that’s what it took. This is a sad day.

Comment by S Reyna – September 19, 2013 08:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well this sucks. Another great show bites the dust huh?

Comment by JT – September 19, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “The cancellation comes following the show’s modest ratings.” Do they even take into consideration that because of the late hour on a Sunday night, not everyone watches it when it actually airs? Some of us DVR it or watch it “On Demand” or online? This show is pure GOLD! It was like crack…I couldn’t get enough! I would spend all week anxiously awaiting the next episode! What in the hell are they thinking?? This is like asking me if I want to read your book and then ripping out the last three chapters before you hand it to me. They keep sucking me in and then ripping the rug out from under me. THIS was the show that brought me back to that channel (against my better judgement)…..and they did it to me yet again. You screwed me for the last time BBC America…NEVER again!!! I’m ALL DONE!

Comment by Mo – September 19, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! We need more Corky. Why BBC America why?

Comment by Melissa – September 19, 2013 11:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow, I’m shocked. I love this show! I thought it was doing well ratings-wise, but I guess I should have checked.

Comment by The Diva – September 20, 2013 12:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Copper was doing well in the ratings, that’s why this makes no sense. EVERYBODY PLEASE FIGHT FOR COPPER! Send letters to the BBC telling them why you don’t want the show cancelled. We CAN make a difference.

Comment by S Reyna – September 20, 2013 07:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I haven’t been this bummed for the loss of a unique show since HBO canceled Deadwood. I know Deadwood bit the dust because David Milch was moving on to “Cincinnati” but still. Someone in an earlier post mentioned DVR viewing of “Copper.” That would include my household. I’d say well over 90% of our Copper viewing was done via TiVo.

Comment by pakegler – September 20, 2013 05:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Worst news ever! Why? Great acting. Great story. I hope the actors go onto great things.

Comment by Jen – September 20, 2013 10:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • very disapointed found the show by accident ,,,very unique very intriguing lots of future possabilities besides they left us all hanging bring cooper back

Comment by steven montgomery – September 23, 2013 05:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Terrible news! My favorite show, real quality in every way. This is cancelled but we stil have the skanky Kardashians. WTF? This is a real crying shame.

Comment by Susan – September 21, 2013 08:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please why did they stop this beautiful film. I live in Nigeria and I had to wait for a long time to get the full season 2. For me the directors and producers of this great film are making a big mistake by stopping production.
    This film talks about reality of difference race and how they managed to survive even in time of war, segregation and hunger.

Comment by Ola – September 22, 2013 05:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Plus there is so much competition for shows on Sunday nights that I spend the next several days catching up on what I recorded or what is available on demand. Maybe if they scheduled Top Gear against Dexter, Mad Men, Breaking Bad, True Blood, at falling Skies and the Good Wife they’d see what type of ratings it would get then. Why the hell did BBCA go into the production of stateside vehicles anyway if they weren’t committed. At last Orphan Black is co produced with Canada so there’s less risk for the obviously risk averse BBCA. Can you imagine if El Jazeera America had such an attitude. They’d look like Current and not the big news gathering operation they are trying to put together.

Comment by Queerbec – September 22, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We absolutely loved this show and in awe that they.have chosen to cancel this program!!! I really didn’t like the way they left it off if they planned on not renewing it!

Comment by Bren – September 22, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are any of us surprised tha BBC America has made another blunder with the programming ? These are the same people who pulled Eastenders due to back veiwership. They started EE on Friday afternoon Sr a time that most Americans are at work and should all 4 episodes one after the other all on one afternoon. Then the moved it to all 4 episodes on a Saturday afternoon at the peak of college football season. Most people has to record EE on Friday and Saturday so since it wasn’t viewed live BBC A cancelled. Totally worthless group in BBC A. Idiots. So now with Copper not having a true ending they cancel. Is anyone really surprised by the ignorance of BBC A??

Comment by David – September 22, 2013 09:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Boo BBC America, Boo!!

Comment by Jim – September 22, 2013 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cant believe copper is being cancelled, it was one of the best shows on tv, they are leaving the audience with too many unanswered questions. Shame on the producers for making one of the biggest mistakes of the season by cancelling undoubtedly one of the best shows ever, Iam still in a state of shock.

Comment by catherine R. – September 23, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So, that was it? Was last night (September 22) the season AND series finale? The least they could have done was give us a decent ending. All the story lines were left WIDE open! I loved that show and am truly disappointed in the way they ended it.

Comment by lpdb – September 23, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked the show as a whole. I’m assuming that they weren’t able to teapot a different ending because that was the biggest cliffhanger I’ve seen in a long time.

Comment by StormWatch – September 23, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so disgusted that Copper was canceled. We finally get a great program to look forward to watch, and it gets canceled. The lame people at BBC America made a very poor decision, and will not follow any more of their programming, unless they change their minds and bring back Copper for season 3. Reality shows on the other networks suck.

Comment by Edna V – September 23, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked Copper , do not like Broadchurch . Even a little .

Comment by Mary Carlson – September 23, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE RENEW COPPER! I never watched BBC before stumbling on Copper. Just got hooked and was looking for other shows on the network. I’ll stop watching it all together if they don’t bring Copper back. Sick of great shows being cancelled!

Comment by L – September 23, 2013 08:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Same exact thing for me and I completely agree. If they don’t bring Copper back, I am done!

Comment by Christy – September 24, 2013 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am FURIOUS right now finding out that Copper has been cancelled. I have been telling all my friends and family to watch it!!! This is just so irritating, with all the crap on TV why is it that shows that are actually good keep getting cancelled?? This has ruined my day. I just need to stop watching TV all together.

Comment by Christy – September 24, 2013 08:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Here we go again, another great series cancelled. I guess they needed the time to show more reruns of Kitchen Nightmares and ST:TNG. Only show left to watch on BBCA is Orphan Black, which will probably be axed after its second season, too.

Comment by Ded – September 24, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Extremely disappointed and shocked at the cancellation of Copper. What a truly adult viewing experience. Shame on you BBC. Won’t be watching anymore programming on your network!

Comment by Joan – September 24, 2013 01:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked this show and grew to love the characters. I am stunned that it was cancelled with so many unanswered questions in the plot.

Comment by Kim – September 28, 2013 05:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They ended it with a horrific cliffhanger, because even the writers didn’t know there wasn’t going to be a season 3. BBC committed an injustice on its viewers.

If you really want to save Copper, join our campaign to do so. Visit

Save Copper Facebook page

Save Copper TV Tumblr

and follow @Save_CopperTV on twitter for details.

We have a letter writing campaign, email campaign and there is a petition. We are wrting Tom Fontana, Barry Levinson, Cineflix and anyone associated with Copper to let them know they have the fans support in either bringing back show on another network or a movie.

Our goal is to find another network to take on Copper or to help Tom Fontana see his movie made to wrap up what was to be Season 3.

So please, anyone who is interested, join the cause today before it is too late.

Comment by laniek66 – September 29, 2013 04:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have just finished season 2 and couldn’t wait to see what would happen ,only to find out they have stopped it ? Why ? IT WAS GREAT !!! . THIS IS THE SECOUND TIME THIS HAS HAPPENED with AMERICAN series I also watched V and the same HAPPENED Both Amazing series ,No idea who is on the board of these meetings but it’s quite clear they don’t know a good thing when they see one !!!! Very Disappointing!!!

Comment by Bridgette Ellwood – October 25, 2013 09:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they cancelled Copper after 2 seasons! Why? What happened? My husband and I loved that show. We looked forward to watching it every week. I thought it was more about the start of the NYC police department not about recovering from the Civil War. Bring it back for another season please!!!!

Comment by ch – September 29, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love loved Copper! Even my mom did. I loved the cast and plots to the story and am very dissapointed to see it done with so soon.

Comment by Amanda – September 30, 2013 04:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post