Supernatural Sneak Peek: Sam Lies Dying, Bobby Returns and a New Angel Enters the Picture

Yesterday, TVLine brought you a rollicking trailer for Season 9 of Supernatural, and now we’ve got a fresh batch of photos — featuring the return of Jim Beaver’s Bobby and introduction of Tahmoh Penikett’s fallen warrior angel Ezekiel — from the drama’s premiere,

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Supernatural and 44 Other Returning Faves

So why is the heavenly creature laying his hand on Sam? Is he the one who facilitates Dean’s trip inside his brother’s head? Or does he help save the younger Winchester?

Supernatural returns Tuesday, Oct. 8 at 9/8c on The CW.

Check out the photo gallery, and then head to the comments with your thoughts.

1. benny says:

Can’t wait, so glad Bobby’s back to keep those idjit’s in line.

• rowan77 says:

I know. Just seeing a still of Jim Beaver makes me smile. :)

• Jody says:

Thrilled that Bobby is back! The show is not the same without him! He adds an air of stability and continuity that Supernatural needs plus his scenes with Jensen are always amazing and often hilarious!

2. Dee says:

Woohoo!

Can’t wait for the new season!

The new angel is a hottie. Hope he is in many episodes.

3. Kara says:

Can’t wait! So curious as to how Sam is healed. And that new angel is a very handsome addition, hope he sticks around.

4. Linda says:

Great photos- thanks!

I gotta say, though, I’m looking forward to the day when the writers finally move past the constant limp!Sam and hand wringing Dean coming to the rescue. That worked find the first few times but enough already! Sure, the brothers love each other but there are other ways to show that than repeating this same old formula again and again and again. This just stagnates the characters and the show.

5. Claire says:

Can’t wait to have Tahmoh Penikett back on my TV screen. You can never have too many goodlooking men on this show!

6. Jody says:

Great photos! Even bloodied and unhappy Dean is the hottest guy in Hollywood!

7. Jane says:

The picture of Dean, Sam, and Bobby together in Baby just brightened my whole day. Wish we could get back to the days of the them just fighting demons and drop some of this other stuff.

• Sarah says:

I have to say I kind of agree with you. I mean I’m definitely along for the ride no matter what because it’s a great show, but I wouldn’t mind kind of going back to basics. I miss those days! I think maybe we’re way past that now, unfortunately. Still one of my favorite shows, though. And I love that picture, too!

• Alan says:

the basics were a bit too basic, you couldnt really carry a full multi season story arc with it, the show had to evolve. anyway they did kinda go back with season 6 and everyone hated it so they wont do that again.

8. liliana says:

Can’t wait!!! I am so excited to see Bobby again!!!!

9. Reblogged this on Overcomers International Ministry and commented:
    I’ve ben waiting for this to be posted! Whoo Hooo

10. hijoy says:

Reblogged this on Heidi Joy Hameed and commented:
    Can’t start soon enough!!!

11. Jane says:

Can someone please explain to me why people have to “announce” when they reblog something? Is it just a way to try and get people to read their blog?

12. Excellent pics!
    Bobby in the Impala mind-walk thing.
    Hastily scribble sigils all over the hospital room — they must be ready to lock Dean up.
    Ezekiel chatting up Dean

I hope the SPN crowd keeps giving us tidbits… I need something EVERY DAY because 8 Oct is just too damn far away.

• One more thing…. I think Bobby is really Sam’s Reaper. It makes sense because Reapers can alter reality. Using Bobby’s visage/personality would sway Sam more than anyone else. They know Bobby is floating around there somewhere so seeing him again would not be a surprise. That doesn’t mean Bobby IS a Reaper, just that the Reaper might be using Bobby’s form.

13. mongoose22 says:

As much as I like Bobby, I also thought his death (before the ghost thing) was really well done, so it saddens me some that they keep bringing him back, when so many other characters have died and stayed dead on the show. Particularly anyone with ovaries.