Fall TV Preview

Exclusive Last Man Standing First Look: The Duck Dynasty Men Drop By the Season 3 Premiere

Just as Mean Girls‘ Gretchen had hair full of secrets, Duck Dynasty‘s Willie and Uncle Si have beards full of wisdom — a fact Last Man Standing takes full advantage of in its Season 3 premiere (airing Sept. 20 at 8/7c).

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on 45 Returning Faves

Making their respective acting debuts, the stars of A&E’s mega-hit docu-series play longtime customers of Mike’s sporting goods store. After coming across sad-sack Kyle, the duo (naturally) offer the boy some of their vast knowledge on all things life.

Press PLAY below for a sneak peek at Friday’s LMS opener, then hit the comments with your thoughts on the Dynasty guys’ first foray into scripted TV.

Loading video...

Comments (30)

• Leave it to Tim Allen to get the Duck Dynasty guys for his show, can’t wait until Friday night.

Comment by Annette – September 17, 2013 08:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love Tim and any show hes in can’t wait till his shows back :)

Comment by Donna – September 19, 2013 09:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Love. Duck Dynasty and Tim Allen!!
      Sandi

Comment by Sandra Butts – October 25, 2013 05:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • And this is why I don’t watch Last Man Standing.

Comment by Zach – September 17, 2013 11:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • And this is why I do!

Comment by Tiffany – September 18, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Damn straight! It’s a fantastic show, one of the few truly funny ones on the air right now. I’m psyched for its return, but I do wish it would go back to Tuesday nights. I always have to watch it at a later time because of a standing family commitment I have, but still glad its been renewed.

Comment by Rose – September 18, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • first of all, I am a big time fan of Tim Allen because he is a pretty decent person with good morals and it shows on his shows, love duck dynasty for the same reasons, they have Godly morals and therefore I support both of them. Tim Allen on his home improvement show had always good guest on his show and is bringing back some of his people from home improvement on Last Man Standing and doing the same by bringing back good guest also, love it! keep up the good work Tim!

Comment by keith knaffle – September 18, 2013 12:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome! We need more t.v. shows like this one. Love to see ‘normal’ respectful family oriented shows such as this one and was a big fan during the many years of ‘Home Improvement’. Have all those seasons on dvd and also the past two seasons of ‘Last Man Standing’. Tim Allen still has it going on… and is a world class entertainer. A big Thank You to those that renewed this show with another season. Can’t wait!

Comment by Debra – September 18, 2013 01:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Last Man Standing is probably one of the worst tv shows on air in terms of its hyper inflation of masculinity and wink wink nudge nudge homophobia. I first thought the show was a satire on conservatives but turns out its an echo chamber for backwards tea bag beliefs.

Comment by Walter – September 18, 2013 03:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Tim Doyle… is that you?

Comment by Planck Hate (@planckhate) – September 18, 2013 03:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Backwards tea bag beliefs” or God’s word? That is one argument you will lose every time.

Comment by Jeremie – September 19, 2013 06:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You must be a gay athiest.

Comment by domedone – September 21, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Walter,
      Just because you don’t agree with the homosexual life style doesn’t make you homophobic, Get with the times its 2014!!!

Comment by Marte – January 18, 2014 08:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Your comment about, ‘backwards tea bag beliefs’ is an admission from you that you have no idea about what your are talking about or you would have realized you could not make an intellectually lame statement like that.

Comment by toehold – January 26, 2014 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I enjoyed the second season more than the first because they boosted the socio-political issues of a conservative dad, and they didn’t seem to shy away from having him say things that wouldn’t normally go over well in Hollywood. I hope they don’t back away from that this season. I’m also encouraged that it’s paired with The Neighbors, which had a horrible start, but which found its groove in the second half of last season.

It’s great to see the commercial networks putting more watchable television on Friday nights again. It gives me hope that someday they’ll get back to focusing on Saturdays, too.

Comment by TV Gord – September 18, 2013 05:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well, that kind of proves that they aren’t acting on their own show! Willie and Si seemed so STIFF on Last Man! (yes, I know they are put in crazy circumstances that wouldn’t otherwise happen, but I believe they honestly react to those circumstances! Not reading a teleprompter.)

Comment by Megan – September 19, 2013 09:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love this show…Can’t wait!!!!!

Comment by Kevin – September 19, 2013 09:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Tim Allen, Love Duck Dynasty, nice to see a show where people aren’t talking filth, dressing like tramps, cheating, beating someones brains out, sex this sex that, we all know people have sex……….don’t need to see it and don’t want to see it. Keep that trash off tv. Hope this takes off and stays around like Tool Time! Both shows!

Comment by Linda R Sherrick-Wehinger – September 19, 2013 11:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well stated :)

Comment by Jonathan – September 22, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • LAST MAN STANDING / DUCK DYNASTY ! WHAT COULD BE BETTER. BEST OF BOTH WORLDS. CITY MEETS SWAMP. CAN’T WAIT! NOW DUCKBOYS NEED TO BRING TIM TO WEST MONROE FOR A SHOW OR TWO.

Comment by Brad- Fairchilds,Tx – September 19, 2013 11:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t wait to see this. We Love Duck Dynasty & Tim Allen !!!!

Comment by Linda Huddleson – September 20, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow. Nice. Lol. Oh Mike!

Comment by flychick86 – September 20, 2013 03:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just finished the first show of the new season …love the guys of duck dynasty and wg
    What a breath of fresh air to have our Lord and savior as part of the show. Just awesome.

Comment by Cynthia shaw – September 20, 2013 05:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Lets hope this starts a new trend on Television. It’s the only new show I actually like.

Comment by domedone – September 21, 2013 10:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • God, guns and family values!
    Thank you!

Comment by Mike – September 21, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Duck Dynasty and also enjoy Last Man Standing. I didn’t like the rudeness and mean spiritedness of the scripts for Willie and Si. It’s expected for Tim Allen on the show but I felt it was out of character for the Dynasty guys. One of the reasons I like them is for their kind hearts. I would love to see them guest on other shows but would prefer to see them as themselves.

Comment by Jeannette Butler – September 21, 2013 06:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Tim Allen & the whole Duck Dynasty family. So looking forward to Tim’s new season as well as the Robertson family doing their things.

Comment by Shona Woodward – September 23, 2013 07:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • About time to have a show based on conservative values. I’m so sick of all the liberal garbage run down our throats, I hope Tim Allen has the stick to-it-ness to keep hammering whats wrong with this country now. A lot of celebraties talk about whats wrong, but do nothing about it. At Least Tim has the guts to put it out there for all to see.

Comment by Basil Pearson – November 8, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Duck Boys have struck a chord in America with their message of God, family, and good old fashioned values. I see it in comment after comment all across the web. I just finished watching this episode of LMS and at the ending scene with the prayer the thought occurred to me that somebody in Hollywood is finally listening. Let’s hope so. Kudos to Tim Allen and to the Duck Commander family.

Comment by Robb Cobb – November 11, 2013 07:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think it was stupid of a&e to boot phil off of duck dynasty.it is the best show I have seen since fred Sanford & arthy bunker. if the few people that he offends don’t want to hear what he said then go watch a soap opera or the animal planet.people know what they are & who they are so what do words hurt. if you are gay you are gay &if you are not , then you are not.myself ido not watch queer shows.

Comment by herbert dance – December 19, 2013 09:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post