Fall TV Preview

How I Met Your Mother Sneak Peek: Cristin Milioti and Josh Radnor Dish on Their First Kiss

Get More: Fall TV Preview, Video

It’s all happening, How I Met Your Mother fans!

Ted and the mother share scenes — and lock lips! — in the CBS comedy’s swan-song season (premiering Sept. 23 at 8/7c), and Josh Radnor and new series regular Cristin Milioti give you the scoop in the following behind-the-scenes featurette.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on How I Met Your Mother and 44 Other Returning Faves

“We just figured out that we are shooting our first scene together today, our first fake kiss,” says Radnor.

Another milestone featured in the video: Milioti — who calls her new gig “a dream come true” — being introduced to the show’s crew as The Girl With the Yellow Umbrella during filming of last May’s season finale. (Did you get goosebumps?)

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Spoilers — A Curse, a Bear, a Locket Twist and More

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Comments (19)

• Awww… Too cute. Definitely glad that they found a way to give us some time to get to know The Mother before the end of the series. Interested to see exactly how they structure that storyline.

Comment by wordsmith – September 17, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TFACW (too far away couldn’t watch..)

Comment by Suzy – September 17, 2013 11:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They definitely seem to have chemistry. I’m happy with the mother and think Milioti will do a great job. Looking forward to the final season.

Comment by Mike R. – September 17, 2013 11:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched the replay of the finale last night and I got goosebumps again! I’m so excited!

Comment by Lauren – September 17, 2013 11:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “hopelessly awkward”…I sense a new favorite character on my horizon :D

Comment by c – September 17, 2013 11:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not available in Canada. Not cool.

Comment by Steve – September 17, 2013 11:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Well, there’s a lot of stuff I’d like to watch on the BBC website in England, but cannot, for the same reason. Suck it up, buttercup!

Comment by Bob – September 18, 2013 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think I am the only person that still doesn’t like her. I just can’t see them together. Hopefully that will change.

Comment by cas – September 17, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not available in your country…………..*bangs head on wall!!*

Comment by katy917 – September 17, 2013 12:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cool. And very funny ending with the group bow….did they photoshop someone out who was holding Jason’s hand?

Comment by Guest – September 17, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You don’t “photoshop” video.

Comment by ethan hunt – September 17, 2013 02:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • “Even though Adobe Creative Suite has software designed for video editing, Adobe Photoshop CS6 also has this the option for those who are comfortable working in the Photoshop platform.”

Richard Harrington, Video Skills with Rich Harrington, AdoramaTV, October 2012.

Comment by Bob – September 18, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For those outside US, I was able to watch the clip on broadwayworld dot com.

Comment by tara17 – September 17, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i am so excited I love Cristin she is so cute I love her in once the broadway she has a great voice

Comment by phuong – September 17, 2013 03:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks for the video. I’m excited to see the season premiere next monday.

Comment by Joey – September 17, 2013 04:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In a different BTS interview the name on her chair looked like it said “Sloan” so I wonder if that is “the Mother’s” name and then I wonder if it’s her first name or last name. I hope we find out her name when she first introduces herself (i think it’s to Lily), but knowing this show they will probably keep that mystery until the very last episode.

Comment by cyclone – September 18, 2013 10:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so glad that Ted & the mother will share scenes! This is exactly why I didn’t want last season to be the final one, because it would’ve just ended with them meeting and we wouldn’t get to see them together or how she fits with the group. She obviously passes Lily’s “porch test”

Comment by Mikael – September 18, 2013 10:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Psst…. This Video can’t be seen in Canada… Any way to fix it? :(

Comment by HEATHER – September 18, 2013 12:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am so excited! Cristin Milioti is such a catch for the mother. She definitely seemed to have chemistry with Josh Radnor so I guess we’ll have to see how good her character is with Ted. What I can’t wait for the most is her interaction with Lily and why she had to sit next to her on the bus to Barney’s wedding.

Comment by Sally Appleton – September 21, 2013 01:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post