How I Met Your Mother Sneak Peek: Cristin Milioti and Josh Radnor Dish on Their First Kiss

It’s all happening, How I Met Your Mother fans!

Ted and the mother share scenes — and lock lips! — in the CBS comedy’s swan-song season (premiering Sept. 23 at 8/7c), and Josh Radnor and new series regular Cristin Milioti give you the scoop in the following behind-the-scenes featurette.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on How I Met Your Mother and 44 Other Returning Faves

“We just figured out that we are shooting our first scene together today, our first fake kiss,” says Radnor.

Another milestone featured in the video: Milioti — who calls her new gig “a dream come true” — being introduced to the show’s crew as The Girl With the Yellow Umbrella during filming of last May’s season finale. (Did you get goosebumps?)

RELATED | How I Met Your Mother Season 9 Spoilers — A Curse, a Bear, a Locket Twist and More

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

1. wordsmith says:

Awww… Too cute. Definitely glad that they found a way to give us some time to get to know The Mother before the end of the series. Interested to see exactly how they structure that storyline.

2. Suzy says:

TFACW (too far away couldn’t watch..)

3. Mike R. says:

They definitely seem to have chemistry. I’m happy with the mother and think Milioti will do a great job. Looking forward to the final season.

4. Lauren says:

I watched the replay of the finale last night and I got goosebumps again! I’m so excited!

5. c says:

“hopelessly awkward”…I sense a new favorite character on my horizon :D

6. Steve says:

Not available in Canada. Not cool.

• Bob says:

Well, there’s a lot of stuff I’d like to watch on the BBC website in England, but cannot, for the same reason. Suck it up, buttercup!

7. cas says:

I think I am the only person that still doesn’t like her. I just can’t see them together. Hopefully that will change.

8. katy917 says:

Not available in your country…………..*bangs head on wall!!*

9. Guest says:

Cool. And very funny ending with the group bow….did they photoshop someone out who was holding Jason’s hand?

• ethan hunt says:

You don’t “photoshop” video.

• Bob says:

“Even though Adobe Creative Suite has software designed for video editing, Adobe Photoshop CS6 also has this the option for those who are comfortable working in the Photoshop platform.”

Richard Harrington, Video Skills with Rich Harrington, AdoramaTV, October 2012.

10. tara17 says:

For those outside US, I was able to watch the clip on broadwayworld dot com.

11. phuong says:

i am so excited I love Cristin she is so cute I love her in once the broadway she has a great voice

12. Joey says:

Thanks for the video. I’m excited to see the season premiere next monday.

13. cyclone says:

In a different BTS interview the name on her chair looked like it said “Sloan” so I wonder if that is “the Mother’s” name and then I wonder if it’s her first name or last name. I hope we find out her name when she first introduces herself (i think it’s to Lily), but knowing this show they will probably keep that mystery until the very last episode.

14. Mikael says:

I’m so glad that Ted & the mother will share scenes! This is exactly why I didn’t want last season to be the final one, because it would’ve just ended with them meeting and we wouldn’t get to see them together or how she fits with the group. She obviously passes Lily’s “porch test”

15. HEATHER says:

Psst…. This Video can’t be seen in Canada… Any way to fix it? :(

16. Sally Appleton says:

I am so excited! Cristin Milioti is such a catch for the mother. She definitely seemed to have chemistry with Josh Radnor so I guess we’ll have to see how good her character is with Ted. What I can’t wait for the most is her interaction with Lily and why she had to sit next to her on the bus to Barney’s wedding.