Glee First Look Photos: Rachel's 'Broadway' Gig, Santana's Small-Screen Debut and More

New career opportunities are coming Rachel and Santana’s way on Glee — and we’ve got a first look at their not-so-Big Apple breaks.

The following photos from the second episode of the Fox dramedy’s fifth season (which bows Sept. 26) finds Rachel taking Broadway (the diner) by storm. Santana, meanwhile, books a commercial… for a feminine hygiene product.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Glee and 44 Other Returning Faves

Back in Ohio, the New Directions are performing more Beatles hits, rallying around Kitty as she runs from prom queen and encountering the new school nurse (played by Lea Michele’s Spring Awakening co-star Phoebe Strole).

Click through the shots below, then hit the comments with your predictions: Will Rachel and Santana make it in the city?

TAGS: , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview, First Look, Photo Gallery, Previews

1. Yo says:

So boring. Same ol shiz. Not even a little excited for this clown show anymore. Kinda sad but also very refreshing to not care

2. Kim says:

For the love of god, glee needs to stop having the Cheerios wear their hair in a single curl, it looks so ridiculously dumb.

3. CJS says:

Drop Lima & focus on NYC.
    Focus on Rachel, Santana, & Kurt (& possibly Tina & Artie); it’s that simple.

4. Elly says:

If Rachel gets Fanny Brice, the show will officially jumped the shark.

• luli says:

She doesn’t get it…. I think I read it here in tvline, somewhere….

• smith says:

Please we have Kurt her gets a internship to Vogue with no experience, we have Mercedes get a contract to sing backup and a record deal from a youtube video, Santana is getting a national commercial with no agent, not to mention Sue become Principal after covering up a shooting. so yeah Rachel who has trained her life to be on B-way is what would make the show jump the shark. Sounds more like more Rachel reentment than true worries about plot line.

• smith says:

oh and Brittany in MIT. If they people can accept a dumb as dirt, non graduate Brittany in MIT before a green very talented Rachel on B-way then give me a break.

5. Babygate says:

NY only FTW! Wade makes me want to throw a shoe at the TV. He’s the reason I couldn’t watch the Glee Project and now he’s a permanent fixture in Lima. Bring on Sophia from OITNB or Rupaul or anyone else but this clown has got to go!

6. Boiler says:

Interesting you all post yet hate the show and direction. Those of who like it don’t care what you think. TVLine, how much to your favorite charity to no longer allow comments on Glee…..cruelest I have ever seen

• Babygate says:

You find it odd that fans who feel passionately about a show could seek out a forum that allows them to express their frustrations/reservations about the direction the show is taking? Really???

7. lariet50 says:

Kitty runs from prom queen? What did the prom queen ever do to her?! :)

8. joncuriel says:

Mah gurl Tina is front and center in this eepisode, yaya!

9. Jade says:

I’m completely over McKinley/Lima. Another silly prom, more random ND group numbers with no choreography, boring couples that no one cares about, etc. These kids need to graduate already.

Looking forward to the Rachel and Santana scenes though

10. Dan says:

I sort of wish Glee would jump five years into the future and start over with a new bunch of kids. I still love it, but something about the Lima kids isn’t working, they need a new mix.

Even with this group, I’ll still watch.

• dan says:

What if they jump 5 years ahead I want to see what the originals are doing not some more randoms. They got lucky with the chemistry the first time around they can’t replicate that.

11. 'A' Strikes Back says:

-sigh- You people find these articles just to hate…? Really now? Some people need to learn to get lives and get off the internet with all that hatred and spite! Looking forward to the episodes and seeing how the show will move on. And yes, it will move on. No matter what you negative people say! :)

12. Omar says:

Love Glee not matter what. I can’t wait!

13. yoou says:

here for santana and rachel.
    don’t care about Lima/mckinley.

14. Sandra says:

I want the new york spinoff!

15. Boiler says:

Actually TVLine should switch to Facebook based comments like other sites have. Amazing how people shut up

• Aprilcot says:

I hope not…I don’t like the Facebook comments because I can’t access it through work. When I’m on TVLine at lunch, I like to be able to comment.

• Pete Lloyd says:

I have no problem saying on facebook that the Lima part and Blee sucks. Not sure why anyone would be deterred from telling the truth.

16. TB says:

Not really looking forward to glee this season. Will probably watch for NYC scenes but if Blaine joins them I’m done. Hope to see Artie and Tina in New York. Big void to fill with no Finn/Cory.

• Sil says:

Major understatement. I love Adam Lambert and Demi Lovato, can’t wait for them on Glee. Otherwise, Glee will be a week by week decision to watch. I’m really glad that Glee is giving more to NY storylines and them outside of their apartment. The Beatles music is classic, Glee has its hands full bringing The Beatles phenomenon to 2 episodes. Love The Beatles. Lima season 4 was not as enjoyable and memorable as seasons 1-3, so we’ll see how episode 1 and 2 go. I’m definitely watching episode 3.

17. Jamie04 says:

Here’s hoping the focus will slowly go to NY only by the end of this Season and Season 6 will be only NY. Let’s get Artie, Tina & Blaine to NY NOW!!!