Did Brooklyn Nine-Nine Cop Your Interest?

Get More: Premieres, Recaps

Brooklyn Nine Nine PremiereBrooklyn Nine-Nine raced to the scene of Fox’s Tuesday comedy lineup tonight, but the question remains whether you’re willing to handcuff yourself to it all season long.

The ensemble comedy from Parks and Recreation‘s Dan Goor and Michael Schur focuses on the wacky (but  competent) detective squad of the titular precinct — which has just come under the watch of an eager new captain (played by Emmy-winner Andre Braugher). While much of the tension is derived from hotshot Det. Jake Peralta (Saturday Night Live vet Andy Samberg) flaunting Capt. Holt’s rule-abiding ways — and getting repeatedly caught mocking ‘em — every member of the supporting cast (especially Chelsea Peretti as Gina, a civilian administrator with no edit function) manages to score a laugh in the pilot. Better still, several story arcs find the writers zagging where you’d expect them to zig — especially the possible romantic connection between Stephanie Beatriz and Joe Lo Truglio’s polar-opposite characters, and even moreso, Gina turning out to be right about Capt. Holt pinging her gaydar.

Other recurring themes for the season set up in the pilot: Jake’s bet with rival hotshot Det. Santiago to see who can close more cases (he’ll score a date with her if she wins; she’ll get his car if he doesn’t); the plight of Terry Crews’ burly cop, who’s become terrified of the field since becoming a dad; and Jake’s quest to shirk Holt’s requests that he wear a tie to work.

But enough about what we thought: What was your take on Brooklyn Nine-Nine? Grade the episode via the poll below, then hit the comments to back up your choice!

Comments (98)

• Yes!!! That was hilarious! I think I may have found my new favorite comedy of the Fall. Can’t wait to see more of Brooklyn Nine-Nine!

Comment by Drew Herring (@drewjherring) – September 17, 2013 06:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • What were the funny moments?

Comment by Keith – September 17, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Sense of humor is different for everyone, we get it, you didn’t like it, you don’t have to reiterate it on multiple comments.

Comment by Mike R. – September 17, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Sorry I didn’t mean to come off that way

Comment by Keith – September 17, 2013 06:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Even now when I think back on the show last night, the funniest thing – and I laugh out loud – was when the guy (not sure of his name) shoots the dummy. That just sealed the deal for me to keep tuning in.

Comment by CJ – September 18, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • that was hilarious if you know the type of characters terry crews always plays, with him basically playing a parody of those roles its more than enough to keep me coming back. the rest of the cast were pretty decent too, not one of them failed to make me laugh so im definitely happy to come back for more.

Comment by Alan – September 18, 2013 01:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Agreed. I laughed several times…and yes…out loud! :) When Fred Armistan opened the apartement door the first thing I thought was I wish I could see the outtakes. It is now on my must see list.

Comment by Kim R – September 18, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You must be easy to please. That show STINKS and is not funny at all.

Comment by Mary K – September 29, 2013 01:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • An excellent palate-cleanser after watching Dads. This show’s cast didn’t have a weak link in the bunch, and it’s brand of humour kept me smiling. I’ll be tuning in on a regular basis, and am quite excited to learn to love these characters.

Comment by Eric – September 17, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dads is MUCH funnier. This cops show is absolutely awful except for Terry Crews. A complete waste of time.

Comment by Mick – September 29, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it! Glad to have Andy Samberg back on my tv every week!

Comment by Tabitha – September 17, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved it, not that surprising considering I have a thing for single cam workplce comedies like this. I’m still not a huge fan of Samberg, but the ensemble makes up for Samberg, and even Samberg wasn’t bad. I’ll be watching more for sure.

Comment by Mike R. – September 17, 2013 06:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have yet to encounter a single camera workplace comedy I did not enjoy. I even liked Animal Practice.

Comment by Zach – September 17, 2013 08:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wasn’t a huge fan. It really did nothing for me. I can’t wait for Sean Saves The World though. Sean Hayes is a treasure, and SSTW will be my favorite new show of the season.

Comment by TV God – September 17, 2013 06:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This clearly isn’t the show for you if you’re looking forward to SSTW, two very different types of comedy.

Comment by Simon – September 17, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sean Hayes? Really? I dont have any faith in that show.

Comment by derek – September 17, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Sean Hayes is a treasure”…

is TV God Sean Hayes?

Comment by theMicronian – September 17, 2013 10:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I was wondering the same thing

Comment by Murph – September 18, 2013 06:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I only care about Sean Hayes because of his kick ass guest appearance on Scrubs. Will & Grace can suck it. But it was created by Victor Fresco, so I’m going to check it out.

Comment by Zach – September 17, 2013 11:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The pilot of Sean Saves The World is the most disappointing new show I’ve seen this season. (Anna Faris’ Mom and Rebel Wilson’s Super Fun Night are tied for second.)

Comment by TV Gord – September 18, 2013 04:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Anna Faris’ show is gold. Brooklyn 9-9 is dreadful. Dads is funny. Sean Hayes’ show is pure trash.

Comment by Lucas – September 29, 2013 01:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Curious, how many different screen names will you be posting under? 9-9?

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 29, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t think it was funny at all. I don’t get what was so hilarious

Comment by Pati – September 17, 2013 06:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yeah I didn’t laugh either

Comment by Keith – September 17, 2013 06:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. It wasn’t very funny.

Comment by Mark – September 17, 2013 08:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Add me to the list, but i didn’t find Andy funny on SNL either.

Comment by JCK – September 18, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yep. The only moment I thought was funny was at the photocopier. (“Aw, my Muffin, my head, my muffin, my head.”) The rest of the show was either boring or predictable. I used to think I would watch Andre Braugher and Terry Crews in anything. I’m now revising that belief.

Comment by TV Gord – September 18, 2013 04:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This seems to be a bad Barney Miller wannabe. Justin Timberlake showing up with a decorated box couldn’t’help this one. Braugher and Crews deserve much better.

Comment by Leigh – September 24, 2013 06:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it…I’ll be watching next week

Comment by Kwapple – September 17, 2013 06:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t think it was funny .A tie around the waist is funny ? Manscaping jokes?

Comment by Keith – September 17, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s amazing how quickly “Dads” was crucified but this unfunny show is getting loads of good reviews. I won’t be back for this one.

Comment by Tsuki – September 17, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Exactly,

Comment by Keith – September 17, 2013 06:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Dads” was crucified for being both terrible and racist. Not “All in the Family,” Archie Bunker, making fun of the character who feels that way racist. Just straight up unfunny and awful. How anyone could like it and hate “Brooklyn Nine Nine” is beyond me. You don’t need to give up comedy. There are shows and films out there that would appeal to you and call themselves comedies and you could enjoy them happily. You could go through life having your comedic needs met so keep on keepin’ on, guys. Just maybe don’t pretend to be able to judge shows like this properly. It’s like asking a tone deaf person whether they enjoyed the music you both just listened to, or a colorblind person how they like your red or green dress. They don’t have to try to appeal to everybody, not everybody’s gonna like their style of comedy. You don’t get this, it’s probably not in you to get it, that’s okay because you don’t have to like it, and don’t try the ‘I have right to have an opinion’ thing because nobody is saying you shouldn’t. You’re just not the intended audience. Tsuki is walking away and that’s fine to figure that out, although a little head scratch worthy. Keith seems to take this personally.

Comment by S. – September 17, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Yeah, gays think that their little 2 percent of the population is actually a “race,” so any jokes about them, no matter how funny, is only hate by bigoted haters who hate through their hateful hate-filled bigotry…. as exploring each others rectum’s should be smiled upon and cheered….never, ever mocked…. and NEVER called perverse.

Comment by June – September 29, 2013 02:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andy was the only funny person on the show. He made the show. Rest of the ppl need work

Comment by Jen – September 17, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The ditzy girl was the funniest part of the show. Santiago is awful but I imagine that’ll change similar to how Elliot was such a B at the start of Scrubs. It wasn’t like omg hysterical but I enjoyed it.

Comment by Mark – September 17, 2013 06:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not super funny…actually, I can’t really remember a laugh out loud moment. I love AB, so I will try to remember to tune in…not a fan of the lead detective…way too obnoxious, but the rest of the cast is cool.

Comment by Abcsux – September 17, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now we all know how Keith feels. What else matters? #sirspamalot

Comment by Esta – September 17, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Andy Samberg is destined to be ready for prime time and Fox has high hopes for Brooklyn Nine-Nine and it could be on the verge as one of the top contenders for one of the new shows of the Fall TV season to get a full season pick up. For years they never a workplace police sitcom in years dating back from the heydays of Barney Miller and this one is destined to be a breakout hit.

Comment by Flacco Kaepernick – September 17, 2013 06:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think this will end up like P&R. Unfunny in the 1st season but amazing starting S2. Well assuming it doesn’t get cancelled.

Comment by analog – September 17, 2013 06:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was thinking the same thing. Slow start, but will pick up it’s momentum!

Comment by borntorun12 – September 17, 2013 07:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It was a lot better than P&R’s pilot, but I definitely agree, this show will only go up from here.

Comment by derek – September 17, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s exactly what I said to my husband last night. I only checked out Brooklyn Nine Nine due to the production pedigree (well, that and Andre Braugher), but I was pleasantly surprised. I think it has promise.

Comment by Aprilcot – September 18, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually really enjoyed it. I’ll be tuning in next week. I liked that it was a police procedural that was actually a comedy instead of a drama. Was I falling out of my seat laughing hysterically? No. But I got in a few good laughs. Enough for me to come back next week. I feel sorry the show, though, because its lead-in is that horrible “Dads.” Brenda Song is too good for that show. I didn’t even so much as chuckle (or grin) at anything in that episode. As a matter of fact, I caught myself cringing twice–and it had nothing to do with the offensiveness of the “jokes” because I don’t care about that. But every “joke” was so cliche and my cringing was once for the fact of the triteness and the second for the people involved as I actually felt embarrassed for a couple of them. I hope the dreadfulness, and what one can only assume to be the extremely low ratings in the coming weeks, for “Dads” doesn’t horribly impact B9-9, a show that is showing legitimate potential.

Comment by Ron – September 17, 2013 06:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally agree here. This was just the pilot, so hopefully the chemistry of the cast will rev up. Dads was just not funny. I found myself cringeing as well and deleted it halfway through. Someone in a different blog post claimed Dads was so brilliant because it was parodying racists but it just made me uncomfortable. Hopefully Brooklyn 99 will not suffer.

Comment by Saabgirlatx – September 18, 2013 06:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really liked it and I’m pretty picky on comedy shows – not that my taste is excellent or anything, I just don’t find most sitcoms funny…I’m peculiar that way. ;-) I really want to like shows like Community, Parks and Rec or Arrested Development, but I don’t. I love Big Bang Theory. Suburgatory and Modern Family are hit or miss for me, but make me laugh enough to come back each week. But that’s about it for me, sitcom-wise. This felt a lot like Big Bang Theory, where chemistry is great between the cast, just absurd enough but with heart to keep me there. YMMV.

Comment by TaMara – September 17, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was just absolutely awful. I hated every aspect of it and will never watch it again. I didn’t laugh a single time.

Comment by Leah – September 17, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved it love Andy Samberg miss him on SNL but will be setting the DVR every week.

Comment by Annette – September 17, 2013 07:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I’m just curious. Everyone says they’ll set their DVR for almost every show. Are you that busy in life? When do you watch them all? On the weekends? How boring of a weekend.

Comment by Bob – September 18, 2013 06:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I can’t speak for others, but I set my DVR to record all of the shows I watch regularly, on the off-chance that I won’t be around that evening, or if I tune in late because I was watching something else. I just delete the recording later.

Comment by EB – September 18, 2013 07:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Lots of reasons. Some people work evenings and/or shift work and aren’t around to watch any shows at night (that’s me). Some people have kids that have a lot of activities in the evening and by the time they’re wound down, they just want to go to bed. Some may already watch another show during the same timeslot. That’s just a few reasons why people may DVR most shows. It may sound boring to you to watch them all on weekends, but its not to me. My husband and I dont have a lot of money so when we’re stuck at home all weekend, it gives us something to look forward to. No need to come across as judgmental.

Comment by Francine – September 18, 2013 07:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Actually, besides setting the DVR for nights I won’t be home, have a timeslot conflict, or am enjoying a meal with friends or family with music or conversation (not t.v.) as the background, when I am home, I simply wait until 8 minutes in for a 30 minute show or 15 minutes in for an hour-long show, then I start watching so that I can fast-forward through the commercials. (Companies still have access to me when I watch online/via iPad apps, and through in-show product placement, so I’m not ad-free, plus, I’m not part of a “Nielsen family”).

But I appreciate that you’re so concerned about everyone’s weekend, Bob. :)

Comment by Winnie – September 18, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is the best comedy pilot on Fox since the 2005 season. Kudos all around. I can’t wait until next week.

Comment by Zach – September 17, 2013 07:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Enjoyed it. Felt similiar to Parks/Office (not surprising given the creators) and it seems to have a good ensemble attached.

My only complaints are that there were a few too many locations in the episode, making every scene feel somewhat rushed.

So for now, B99 gets a B, and look forward to what I can guarantee will be a full (20 something long) season.

Comment by derek – September 17, 2013 07:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Really enjoyed it. Will definitely keep watching.

Comment by Pat – September 17, 2013 07:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome, this show was hilarious! Every cast member brought something to it and all the characters felt developed and unique. Awesome Show Great Job!

Comment by Christopher – September 17, 2013 08:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I think that the extended promo gave away a lot of the good jokes, and it felt like a very typical “set-up” episode, but I still really liked it. Definitely among my favorites in the new shows.

Comment by neha – September 17, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I actually really liked it! I wasn’t expecting to. The only reason I gave it a B is because I hated the Gina character. Too cartoonish for me.

Comment by Babybop – September 17, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i was more than likely to keep watching ANYWAY but the silliness that sealed the deal was at the end when andy samberg realized the significance of the uniform. totally ridiculous? yes. but i feel like that showed the shows weird little heart to me and what can i say? i’m into weird!

Comment by cjeffery7 – September 17, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Liked.

Comment by Jason – September 17, 2013 08:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I guess I watched a different show. I am not understanding what the critics liked about this. I really wanted to like this. I was disappointed.

Comment by scorpo – September 17, 2013 09:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It wasn’t the funniest show I’ve ever seen, but it was entertaining. I’ll be watching.
    Y’know, it would have gone really well with The Good Guys. They should bring that one back.

Comment by Drew – September 17, 2013 09:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the first episode, it was good and funny. the cast did good. Happy Andy is back on tv every week. I can’t wait to see the next episode.

Comment by Joey – September 17, 2013 09:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I thought it was great. My husband and I both loved it. It was silly and weird and it had a great ensemble. The offbeat sense of humor reminded me of Parks and Rec, no surprise. Already on the dvr.

Comment by murley – September 17, 2013 10:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show!!! It was sort if like a Parks and Recreation where it was funny, off beat and had heart a recipet for an excellent comedy that’ll last for many years

Comment by Ram510 – September 17, 2013 11:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dads was better, but this was a really nice show too. I’ll be tuning in for both next week!

Comment by Paulo Alm – September 17, 2013 11:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Funnier pilot than Parks, and I trust Mike Shur and can see a lot of the dimensionality being set up. I like the format, the flashbacks, the canvassing…these can all be good devices in the future.

Also, impressed that Braugher’s character’s secret managed to stay a secret all the way up to airing.

Comment by John – September 18, 2013 05:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Non-secret as far as his character goes. :) I agree. I was surprised I hadn’t heard anything about that little twist.

Comment by JLK – September 18, 2013 06:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Guess you didn’t read much about the show. The captain’s secret was revealed in several different reviews, so it was no surprise to me. Also, count me in the group who didn’t find the pilot particularly funny. Maybe it gets better in the second episode.

Comment by Elibu – September 18, 2013 06:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • the canvassing alone has the potential to be hilarious due to the odd balls they could meet and the potential for quick cameos.

Comment by Alan – September 18, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show was really bad. The only people worth watching were Braugher and Terry Crews. Andy was horrible . What was with that Civilian Assistant woman. Was she suppose to be drunk the whole show or something? I really don’t get what the critics liked about this juvenile show. Also, in my opinion, to compare it to Parks is a huge insult to Parks.

Comment by Jane – September 18, 2013 06:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • To compare it to Parks now that it’s established its rhythm is perhaps an insult. But comparing it to the early episodes of Parks and Rec, which were incredibly hit or miss as the writers were finding the characters’ voices and the actors were developing their chemistry is pretty accurate.

Comment by JLK – September 18, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always give new shows two episodes since there is sometimes tweaking after the pilot. For me, this one earned a second episode. As someone else said, not hilarious, but decent. The cast is good.

Comment by Erin – September 18, 2013 06:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Very funny. For those who asked about the funny moments (for me and I laughed out loud literally, not LOLed)

- Yo Yo killer
    - Herbert Love shooting the mannequin
    - The “gay” flashback
    - Chelsea Peretti
    - The $5,000 ham

There were a lot of funny moments, especially after the train wreck of Dads, which I wanted to like, since I like all of those actors. Brenda Song was the best part of that premier and only because of eye candy

Comment by Philly In DC – September 18, 2013 06:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You’re easily amused, then. I didn’t laugh at any of those things.

Comment by Alex – September 18, 2013 07:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Ugh I hate these comments. So you didn’t laugh at any of those moments? Good for you. It doesn’t mean someone else that did laugh is easily amused. Humor is subjective. Different people find different things funny.

Comment by Jane – September 18, 2013 07:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • big fan of anything with Andre Braugher in is, glad to see him back this year again after Last Resort sunk so to speak lol!! really loved his dead pan delivery of lines and facial expressions opposite Andy Samberg. As long as they don’t over egg the Samberg character, this show has a lot of promise :)

Comment by Nichole – September 18, 2013 06:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i loved how he basically played it as if he took a wrong turn in the precinct on his way to a drama rather than a comedy.

Comment by Alan – September 18, 2013 01:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I laughed out loud several times. I’ll be watching next week.

Comment by Peppy – September 18, 2013 06:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I found it pretty amusing but do wish Andre Braugher was on more.

Comment by phamster – September 18, 2013 06:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like how everyone has such different opinions in comedy.

Comment by cas – September 18, 2013 07:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t laugh a whole lot, but I’d seen pretty much the whole episode already in the previews, so…I knew what was coming. I think I’ll love this show. I love Samberg and Terry Crews. I think this one will be good.

Comment by leah – September 18, 2013 07:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have been disappointed in most comedies for a lot of years, but wanted to give this a try because of Andre Braugher. I totally enjoyed this! Count me anong those who found several laugh out loud moments. It was going to be a catch-up online/on demand show because I am already DVRing two other shows in the time period, but I think that will change now. :D For me this is shaping up as a nice “must-see” bit of levity in my DVR line-up.

And to reply to a comment and response above – I DVR virtually everything I watch, as I am seldom home in the evenings to view programs “live”. The zillion-repeat mode of my most-watched cable stations saves me since I would otherwise have more shows I want to record in each time slot every night than my DVR can handle. (If only there were a way to get my DVR to recognize the 12:05am “repeat” slot as a “series”!) D

Comment by Beth T – September 18, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’d probably watch this is anyone BUT Andy Samberg was the lead. His comedy is completely sophomoric. Never found anything he did on SNL funny, was so happy when he left. But as everyone else is saying, humor is totally subjective. I don’t find fratboy humor funny and that’s all AS does, so I won’t be watching anymore of this show

Comment by hmmm. – September 18, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • ITA. This was like watching a show featuring Newman from Seinfeld. Obnoxious and unfunny.

Comment by Paris – September 18, 2013 09:15 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t know if I’d like “Brooklyn Nine-Nine.” I love Andre Braugher, but I wasn’t sure if Andy Samburg was appealing enough as a personality to like him – but i LOVED the pilot. I laughed out loud and thought the writing was crisp. The actors were great and unless the show makes too many changes from pilot to series, I will be tuning in each week. It was just pure entertainment.

Dads” was a big disappointment for me. I came into it hoping that the complaints about the show were just from overly-sensitive people and that the cast could transcend the material (I was already a fan of most of the cast members, so with Green, Reigert, Ribisi and Mull I expected a more). This was hackneyed and stilted from the word go. The actors gave it their best, but the material was just so obvious and belch. I know what they were going for and they missed it by a country mile. If the network is giving it a chance to find an audience, lets hope the writers find the funny because last night shows they don’t where where it is.

Comment by rowan77 – September 18, 2013 09:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • For all of the people that didnt like the pilot are you mad that there wasnt a laugh track telling you when to laugh? I mean what was your problem? I thought it was a really good solid show. You can tell it going for a 30 Rock vibe and it will get there just needs time to grow

Comment by ggny – September 18, 2013 11:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it except for Andy Samburg. He was just plain annoying and unfunny. Everything else about it was great. I could sit through it, but it won’t be appointment viewing.

Comment by Maryann – September 18, 2013 12:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love Andre Braugher.

BTW, it’s flouting, not “flaunting Capt. Holt’s rule-abiding ways”

Comment by n – September 18, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you! Drives me nuts. He was flouting Capt. Holt’s ways, taunting him in the process. He was NOT flaunting those ways or even touting them.

Comment by Bill Baldwin – September 25, 2013 11:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked it! It was a strong pilot and I feel the show has a lot of potential. The episode had me laughing even more than I was at New Girl’s (somewhat disappointing) return, which usually is one of my favorite shows. I’ll definitely keep watching the show!

Comment by Sandra – September 18, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I feel like I already saw the episode after watching the 2 1/2 minute trailer. Almost all of the funny moments were in that preview…. I’ll definitely stick around to see if it’s worth watching.

Comment by Megan – September 18, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post