New TV Season Predictions: Bones/SOA Deaths, Grey's Contract Twist, P'hood Divorce & More

We’ve glimpsed the entire 2013-14 TV season, and it’s bananas!

With an eye on the approaching avalanche of TV premieres and the many twists and turns (on and off screen) that will come with it, we once again peered into our crystal ball and came up with 27 predictions for shows including — but not limited to — Glee, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Sleepy Hollow, Supernatural, Elementary and Parenthood.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Images and Scoop on 45 Returning Favorites

Scroll through the gallery below to view our forecasts, then weigh in with your reactions as well as your own set of predictions.

RELATED | Fall TV 2013: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview

1. Katie says:

Where’s the Vampire Diaries prediction?

2. KSM says:

Ok, Kim Cattrall as Robin’s mother would be fantastic.

3. Goldie says:

Hopefully Glee does shut down Lima – graduate.rhe current seniors ASAP and get whoever to NY & be done w/all those awful S4 newbies

4. Jamie04 says:

Yes please to Glee focusing only on NY for Season 6 (and maybe the tail end of Season 5). Let’s get Artie, Blaine and Tina there ASAP and move on already. Sorry, none of the newbies ever captured my heart.

5. Paula says:

#24 please be truth. Raising Hope doesn’t deserve to be on Fridays.

6. bend22 says:

I LOVE the idea of Kim Cattral as Robin’s mom.

7. dman6015 says:

“A core member of the Bones cast (i.e. one of the six folks pictured above) will be killed off at the hands of the show’s new post-Pelant Big Bad.”

Adios, Sweets.

Remember, people, these are all pie-in-the-sky PREDICTIONS, not reality.

8. CW says:

Kalinda out. No way!!! She is far too valuable a character. Losing an actor of AP’s caliber would be horrible for The Good Wife. Use her more!!!

9. Babygate says:

The only prediction I love is for Glee to fade out, and eventually get rid of, Lima and focus on NY. I’m very ok with Ellen and Patrick having reduced time on Greys. Not happy with the idea of Kalinda leaving ‘The Good Wife’. She is literally the only reason I started watching. I called ‘Betraya’l being the first cancellation as well. As far as Super Fun Night, I think that ABC will try to save it any way it can, a la ‘B in Apt. 23′ and ‘Happy Endings’ but ultimately, it’s not going to work. I also think that the post Modern Family spot should have gone to ‘Trophy Wife’ from the get go. I had no interesting in watching Blacklist at all. But the previews are so intriguing, I have to give it a shot. I’m torn because Castle has been my fave for years but I’m really digging Hostages and now Blacklist. My DVR only records 2 shows at a time…What to do?… I hope the SHIELD prediction is wrong…

10. Leo says:

I hope the Glee prediction is true, too bad they did not get rid of the Lima storyline already, and most of the new cast also.

11. Lucy says:

If I was Archie, after what they have done with her character last season, I’d pray to be written off. The only storylines they are able to conceive for her are about her “sexuality”. So bring in a new love interest every season without doing nothing to real develop her character and give her a consistent storyline. And unfortunally I’m doomed to stick with this show until Matt Czuchry is there. I wish he was part of that prediction.

12. Drew says:

I think Supernatural’s fate will depend on where this season goes. If the story opens up enough to carry the show beyond season 10, I think that the CW will keep going. They can’t exactly afford to lose shows that actually pull in an audience.

The spinoff will probably be decided later. I doubt we’ll get The Flash and a Supernatural spinoff. However, with a Flash movie in the works, Supernatural might actually have the edge. And if they really do plan to end the show, a spinoff would be a good way to hold onto the fans.

13. Shaun Ed says:

Wow, those predictions. A lot of killing off characters. I guess every show wants to be Game of Thrones nowadays.

14. maria says:

I hope greys ends this season and don’t try to go on without there main characters!

15. #4 (OUAT) I don’t know if they should go to yet another land (albeit, briefly) after being in/leaving the current land they’re on. Just seems too soon. I can’t wait for them to go to Oz – just on the producers’ and writers’ time.

#8 (TBBT) YES!!!!! I can’t wait to see Howard and Bernadette handle parenthood! I hadn’t even heard/read that the producers don’t want to go there. I think it’ll be great comedy.

#11 (Nashville) No. Just, no. They’ve already been down that road and I think Juliette is over him. Even if she were in a moment of great emotional turmoil.

#12 (The Mindy Project) Yes please. Maybe Angela Kinsey comes in as someone similar to Angela Martin-Schrute, about to have a baby?

#17 (Parenthood) NO!!!!! Absolutely not! I refuse to accept that their storyline will lead to this. All marriages and relationships go through problems, right? These problems will make them stronger, not weaker.

#18 (Glee) I’m a bit torn on this. I’m probably in the minority but I don’t mind the newbies and actually (for the most part) enjoy the Lima storylines. However, the NYC storylines are also great and I can tell that a few New Directions seniors will head there after graduation. So if Season 6 is all NYC, I won’t mind it that much. I will miss Lima though.

#26 (HIMYM) THIS HAS TO HAPPEN!!!!!!! What was the point of Lily telling Ted about her front porch future for them if we weren’t going to actually see it come true once The Mother was cast?

#27 (Bones) Oh I hope not. Not sure I could imagine the team without one of the 6.

16. Angela says:

Sadly, it would not surprise me one bit if the “Community” prediction turned out to be true. I hope it would last to the famed “six seasons” that everyone wants and all that good stuff-look at all the show’s managed to survive thus far! But I’ve prepared myself for the possibility regardless.
    And, really, much as I’d love the show to go on as long as possible, five seasons still is not a bad run at all for a TV show. If it goes out drama-free and fondly remembered, that’s all I truly ask for.

17. Fluff says:

If only they would write Kalinda off instead of just letting her die a slow Out Of Character death like they have for the past 3 seasons! Then Julianna Margulies will be happy! No more competition! No more show too but it’s not as if that lame duck was going to keep limping very long. Archie needs a better gig!

18. Sheila says:

I hope the Big Bang Theory prediction is wrong. Babies are such boring plotlines!

19. Tinemi says:

I may be alone in this, but I hope you’re wrong with Betrayal… it’s one of the new shows I’ve been hoping to watch.

20. Tania says:

I don’t entirely believe the casting/storyline related ones are predictions… I think they’re either actual spoilers, but you’ve been asked by the network to call them predictions for now, or they’re rumours that have been gaining traction.

The ratings and scheduling items clearly can only be predictions, but the rest? Nah, you know things. And I’m totally cool with that. You work with the networks, too. If it helps them to get things out as ‘predictions’ so as to test audience reaction, that’s life.

For the record, I would bet good money that #1 is true. They don’t want to lose Pompeo & Dempsey after losing Oh and they’ll do what it takes to keep them. It’s a win-win all the way around. The viewers who would still happily watch post MerDer and would actually like less of them and more of their faves can have what they want. But the people who love MerDer also get what they want, in that if the alternative is PD & EP leaving, well, the fans will take having them in a reduced role. But if it goes down like this, I think it’s on PD & EP to let it be known that they actually WANTED the reduced workload, so there’s no resentment.

21. Tania says:

1 – Definitely. The alternative would be to let them walk and ABC is not going to do that.

3 – Totally see this. X Factor’s slipping and the new judges aren’t the answer for AI. They need Simon back, stat.

4 – I was hoping OUAT would learn to maintain a thread rather than jumping constantly to new ones, but realistically, they’ve shown no inclination to do that. So, Oz? Why not?

5 – Good Wife; Yeah, as much as the audience loves Kalinda, I think the show will risk it and let her go. JM will regret it in the end, though. Send her to Grey’s! Arizona needs a friend. Note I said FRIEND. Though I’d be cool with her playing a lesbian character again. It would be nice for GA to poke holes in that fallacy that two lesbians can’t be friends (it’s that narrowminded thinking that also gives us the notion that hetero men/women can never be just friends, but worse/more destructive, imo).

6 – That would be fun. So looking forward to this show; love the leads.

7 – I hope the network gives this show time. I’m not sure that I’m too worried about NCIS; it’s a different crowd that watches that show. There are lots of people I know who haven’t watched network tv in years who are excited about this show because they’re Marvel fans.

8 If Big Bang goes there, I think they’ll jump the shark. But I think they’ll do it because they’re running out of ideas. It’s hard to sustain a show like this so long.

11 Well duh. Oldest soap trick in the book. And she’ll probably get pregnant.

12 Definitely. Too good a chance to pass up.

14 – Please be true! Please be true! I’ll start watching if JDM joins Scandal. Siigh. Love JDM.

15 – Another one I pray will be true. Community has never worked for me.

17 Totally see Joel & Julia breaking up. Thought it’d be Peter Krause & Monica Potter’s characters, due to the stress of the cancer, etc., but that was probably too obvious, even for tv.

18 Glee pretty much has to focus on NY, asap. Ohio isn’t working anymore.

21 I was hoping that Hostages would be the one to get the first full season pick up. So intrigued by this show.

22. Kinda hope Betrayal gets a full season. It looks bad-in-a-good-way.

23. I want Super Fun Night to work, just because I do like Rebel Wilson. But Trophy Wife looks great and I’d love it to get that time slot

24.I think that with a timeslot switch, Dads could surprise, not because it’s good, but because, well, never overestimate the intelligence of the viewing public.

26 – I would LOVE to see that in the final HIMY\M

27 – I vote Sweets.

22. Queerbec says:

No prediction on the Following? The way they kill off main characters, this season is Shawn Ashmore’s time to die. I hate when series kill off main characters just for the fun of it.(or to get a ratings rise during sweeps). If the actor wants to leave, that’s another story, or if they’re doing too much coke and are disruptive to the process (yeah, like that’s never happened!), but it can be a lazy writer or showrunner’s easy way out. It’s an insult to the audience who has built a relationship with a specific character, plus more often than not it minimizes the grieving process, by the end of the show, everyone’s back to normal and there are no residual effects–yeah, just like in real life….

23. Stephen S. says:

Okay, I haven’t seen the show in a long time, admittedly, but why oh why would The Good Wife write out one of it’s strongest characters? And as for the Bones thing, they better not kill off Sweets. It’s obviously not going to be Booth or Brennan. And I seriously doubt they’d have the guts to kill off Angela and Hodgins. That leaves only Cam left. And you know what? Even though I like her, I’d actually be OKAY with them killing her off. Again, I like her but she’s easily the most disposable and expendable of the main six.

24. Amanda says:

I would be SO up for having Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Scandal! Bring it on!

25. Delena forever says:

Revenge did u c how jack was looking (probably at Emily,Amanda)

26. About Community… NOP, #sixseasonsandamovie will be, Dan Harmon will make it posible.

And, speaking of Parenthood, please don’t mess up with Julia and Joel. They are great togheter.

27. Sam says:

ABC must be desperate. Grey’s Antomy in the proposed 11th season will lose one primary character completely, and the other two primary characters for a third of the season. The ratings will not hold up for this show with all three characters gone for 33% of the episodes. If they try for season, that will be the end of the show for sure. It lived a long life, but it is time to close its doors permanently. This season (season 10) should be the last.

• Tania says:

While I understand your point, and I certainly think it’s fair to say this show isn’t really structured in a way that will allow it to easily go 15 years ala E.R., even with big cast departures, I don’t think the show can have the ending it deserves if they wrap it up this year. I really think some of these characters have arcs coming that deserve another year after this one, so that the writers can really, truly plan out how to wrap up their stories. I’m thinking Alex, Callie/Arizona, Jackson/April in particular. Alex/Jo and Jackson/April have both earned a fully played out romance. The Callie and Arizona fans deserve some time to see them together again after they get though the infidelity and Arizona completes her emotional recovery from the plane crash.

I just think to get these characters to the full happy endings they deserve will take two seasons.

That all said, I personally COULD keep watching even into S12, if Callie, Arizona, Alex, Jo, April and Jackson stayed. I personally have never loved MerDer the most. I like them, but they aren’t why I watch. Initially that was Cristina… it’s since become the characters I listed above.

28. Jensenfan1978 says:

Have you even read what Jeremy Carver, Jared Padalecki, and Mark Pedowitz have said in the past month or two? Where have you been? Carver and Padalecki are talking way past season 10. Pedowitz loves Supernatural and did before he joined the CW. He said that as long as Carver can come up with good story arcs, Jensen and Jared want to continue, and the fans are there for them, he’ll keep it going past season 10. That was a stupid prediction. As far as the spinoff, I’m not sure on that. I do know Supernatural still has what it takes.

29. Britney says:

I doubt Glee will be letting go of the Lima side, no matter how much people want it. Considering they made all the new characters regulars this season, instead of continuing to have them as guest stars, make me think they won’t be leaving any time soon. I don’t think they’d be old enough to move to NYC, so making them regulars for any other reason seems weird. I guess it could just be so they have them under contract, but it’s not like they didn’t have Harry or Chord around in every episode without being regulars.

30. Jody says:

I hope season 10 isn’t the last one for Supernatural! The show is still incredible and there is still so much they can do with it!

31. Sam says:

There is no way in hell I would continue watching Parenthood if Joel and Julia got divorced. They are hands down the only surviving couple that I absolutely love on that show, so after everything they went through these past two seasons, divorce would push me over the edge.

32. Whats Happening i am new to this, I stumbled upon this I have found It absolutely helpful and it has helped me out loads. I hope to contribute & assist other users like its helped me. Great job.