New TV Season Predictions: Bones/SOA Deaths, Grey's Contract Twist, P'hood Divorce & More

We’ve glimpsed the entire 2013-14 TV season, and it’s bananas!

With an eye on the approaching avalanche of TV premieres and the many twists and turns (on and off screen) that will come with it, we once again peered into our crystal ball and came up with 27 predictions for shows including — but not limited to — Glee, Grey’s Anatomy, Once Upon a Time, Sleepy Hollow, Supernatural, Elementary and Parenthood.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Images and Scoop on 45 Returning Favorites

Scroll through the gallery below to view our forecasts, then weigh in with your reactions as well as your own set of predictions.

RELATED | Fall TV 2013: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

TAGS: , , ,
GET MORE: Fall TV Preview

1. laura meakin says:

Number 16 I just can’t go there! I understand I got the Opie thing but it took time. Ill have to have a few drinks lol.

2. Jen says:

Ok with everything but the Kalinda prediction. Love that character, but could see that as a possibility.

• S says:

As much as I hope you are wrong about the Kalinda prediction, I hope you are right about Glee. I am so over Lima/McKinley at this point. The fact they extended their year so it’s only Spring time in Glee is so ridiculous. I don’t care about any of the new cast. They have a gold mine with the NY side of things, with Rachel, Santana and Kurt. If they wanna add Blaine and Artie and maybe one other that would do the trick. The high school side of things is just unnecessary and incredibly redundant at this point.
      -Kalinda and Archie Panjabi is a valuable asset to the show. It’s up to the writers and creators to figure out how best to utilize her. Writing her out is not a wise and smart thing to do. It’s not Archie’s fault that they wrote Kalinda into a corner last year, she did a brilliant job with what she had. I do hope that they bring her back to her great self and gives her a lot of material to work with.

• Em says:

I don’t watch much television, but, Glee was a mainstay til season 4. I only watched a handful of episodes. It stunk. I’m on cloud nine about the elimination of Lima. I’m so over high school and these new characters. It’s a great idea that season 6 will be all NY. So excited. But, for me, Blaine can go elsewhere. Not a fan. Love Santana, Rachel and Kurt together. Leave Adam Lambert and Demi on Glee. It’ll be a hoot.

• Susan Martin says:

Agreed…..in many ways she is my favorite of all the characters……..and there is so much unknown that they could write her just about any way the want to and it would be believable.

• Tav says:

I know… she’s a hugely popular character but I’m so afraid of this. She’s horribly underutilized and CBS frequently gets rid of female characters off their older/established dramas. TGW is entering it’s 5th season so a departure could be in the cards soon. Also, Julianna Margulies seems to despise working with her so I’m sure she’d help to push her out the door.
      But whatever happens, if Kalinda is gone so am I. The show hasn’t had the same quality since season 2 and she’s the only reason I’ve stuck with it through the ridiculous love triangle and degraded plots. TGW/CBS would be stupid to get rid of her among all characters.

3. ‘The Good Wife will write out the character of Kalinda by February sweeps.’

Holy @?#*

• pat says:

Kalinda cannot go! She is a spark for that show!

• Sami says:

Love her to bits and all her scenes but she’s underused in a terrible way. And if they don’t get more for her to do, then her being writen off is very possible. That’s the negative impact of the array of amazing guest starts on TGW. And if ratings fall another 20%, the show is a goner too.

4. Daph_ says:

I really, really REALLY hope the Glee thing will happen!

5. Gianni says:

“Glee will slowly but steadily turn its focus toward New York City-based characters, leading Ryan Murphy to shut down the Lima, OH storylines for the show’s sixth and final season.” As long as they get Artie over there, I’m more than okay with this.

6. asd123 says:

WHY ON EARTH WOULD THEY WRITE OUT KALINDA? WHY????????

WHY???????????????????????????????????????????????????

• C says:

Because the writers have been giving AP almost nothing to work with and JM rules the roost? I tend to think that Archie gave that character far more depth than they ever intended and now they just don’t know what to do with her. It’s totally sad.

• asd123 says:

It doesn’t make any sense to just cater JM. There probably will not be a season 6 of the Good Wife, it would be idiotic to get rid of such a central and fan-favorite character in the middle of the last season.

• C says:

I don’t think they’ll actually get rid of Kalinda. They aren’t quite THAT ridiculous. But maybe the King’s minions will troll this site and FOR THE LOVE OF GOD take a hint. They have so much potential with AP… they need to use her.

• DW says:

I think this prediction is clearly a joke designed just to stir things up. On the contrary, I think Kalinda will have an increased presence this season. And I am glad for that,

• Shuayb. says:

I agree with you here… There is no way that they could write out Kalinda. She is too ingrained in the show and is apart of too many characters… There is no way Julianna is going to make them write her out… We’ll just have t wait and see…

7. Boiler says:

Hope wrong on Glee(at least total shift to NYC) and Bones and right on Trophy Wife.

• Agreed about Glee. I’m one of the few people still enjoying the Lima stuff (and let’s not forget where it all started) but more focus on NY would work.

• suzanne says:

I jsut can;t with the Lima stuff the new kids are bland and way too much Blaine. The superheros and the 3rd prom and the worthless competitions are so lame. NY wasn’t perfect bu tit has so mcuh potenial. Ian Brennen just said the show was about going after your dreams so NY is the place to be. We have seen high student grad and compete, nothing more to do there.

• Claudia says:

Hope the Glee things is wrong too. Hopefully ratings go to hell when the shift focuses to NY.

8. tornado says:

why do you think Kalinda will be killed off of The Good Wife? does anyone else think this will be the show’s last season, especially considering Josh Charles doesn’t have a contract beyond this season?

• James Butler says:

Yes; I think this may be the last season because TGW is going in the wrong direction with the scandalous triangle angle. There is a reason only the guest actors were nominated for emmys this past season.

9. Bobbi says:

The only prediction that truly surprises and upsets me is the one about writing Kalinda out of The Good Wife. Why? What would be the rationale? That would be a real loss, I think.

10. DL says:

#5 – Really?! You’re breaking my heart, here.
    #13 – I certainly hope so. :D
    #17 – Say it ain’t so! I’m really, really hoping this storyline doesn’t go that far.
    #26 – Ooh, both of those things would be awesome!

• Julie says:

I think #13 is most likely a certainty. I kind of hope Matt’s wrong on Betrayal. It’s predictable and cheesy but I’m kind of liking it.

11. Lysh says:

I like Oz, but it’s been done to death. I just want them to go back to Neverland or for Charming to see how the Enchanted Forest is.

12. Sidney.B says:

The Bones one is disturbing tbh , i almost choke on my coffee ,hope it never happens.So excited for tonight premiere.

13. lisachristopher54@yahoo.com says:

it must be sweets

• Badpenny says:

Yeah. Since Sweets is an EP/Writer on another show now he’ll be the one leaving.

• Sidney.B says:

I have a feeling it’s either Hodgins or Angela .I don’t know why ,i just know it.

• Katie T says:

I think of they do kill off one of the six, though I’m sceptical it will happen, then it’ll be Cam or Sweets. I really don’t think they’d touch Angela or Hodgens and they obviously won’t touch Brennan or Booth.
        I wouldn’t take John having a new show to run being a guarantee that he’ll leave Bones. As long as he was still based in LA then they could simply do something like decrease the number of episodes he does or organise his shooting so that it’s over less days per episode

• prish says:

The actor playing Sweets sure has his hands in a lot of projects, so he might need the time. However, Cam is the less needed for plotting. I think you are right.

• Linda G says:

I would hate to see any of them go. Sweets is more important then Cam and they can write her off easily. Angela and Hogins can’t be writen off. I hope it’s just that they get shot and get better like bones did in one episode.

14. Androme says:

WHAT?? Write off Kalinda? WHY?!?!?

15. Katie says:

I’m right on board with most of these (for the shows I watch, at least) – particularly intrigued by your Scandal prediction.

Wondering why you think The Good Wife will write out Kalinda, though?

16. iMember says:

Anxiously awaiting Jack to join the Emily and Nolan team, but I’m ready for some heavy and tense drama between him and Emly first!! REVENGEE

17. Toni says:

YES to JDM on Scandal.
    NO to Kalinda. I need her.

18. wrstlgirl says:

On SOA I’m thinking Tig will be the one dying this season. He’s been on a downhill spiral for to long and I don’t see him coming out of it. Let alone the fact that Pope’s men still want him, but I think he’ll die before that happens.

• AshleyRae says:

Although these are predictions……………..on SOA i want tara to go as for tig i think he’s going to kill himself before jax tells him about mr.marks STILL wanting him and juice he may F’D up in S4 but i think he might be safe. But of course it’s SOA anything can happen.
      As for GRIMM it’s a no brainer that RENARD is the father of that shedevils UGLY baby hahaha!

• wrstlgirl says:

I feel pretty confident that Tara is around at least until next season. Of course, like you say, it is SOA but I just don’t see Sutter going down that road. He needs that balance of Jax trying to hold his family together while running the club at the same time.

I thought it was already revealed that Renard was the babies father on Grimm. Maybe I just figured that since it seems so obvious. If they want to throw us a twist it should be either Hank or Nick.

• Sarah says:

I agree with you about Tara. She may not make it until the very end of the show but I don’t think he’s going to kill her this season. She’s needed and it seems too predictable to off her. I also think its more likely that Tig will get killed instead of Juice. Not sure why but I feel like Juice is that character that continues to live even though he probably shouldn’t. But you never know with this show.

They didnt say for sure who the father was in Grimm, just that it was Renard or his brother. I assume its Renard as well.

• cas says:

Screw that I love Tara, without her all that is left is Gemma, who is a hot mess and I can’t wait until she gets hers. I think that after everything Tara has been through and done for Jax she is definitely the best one in his life. I also love Juice so I would rather him not die either. Tig well he just isn’t doing so great these days.

19. Tracy says:

I don’t think #1 will come true. I think they will return for the whole 11th. They’ll return for the $$$, they’ve already hinted they would.

20. C says:

Nooooo re: Kalinda. But given that they can’t seem to give her a decent arc or anything more interesting than “she has a new love interest who outs her sexuality” and combined with JM’s apparent hate of the character…nothing would really surprise me. I miss TGW of old.

21. Viv says:

I nodded by most of the predictions with a big “WTF?” bei The Good Wife. I don´t want to believe it. I want a little Cary and Kalinda ONSCREEN! I´m looking forward to Blacklist and SHIELDs and I don´t believe that one SoA death will be all we get to see this season (i still believe that at the end everyone will be dead or in prison for life – but thats just me). I think Supernatural S10 as finale season like Smallville would be good. Well… to a good tv season ;)

22. Diane says:

If they do write off the Kalinda character (WHY?? WHY??) it better be her riding off into the sunset with a character played by Idris Elba!

23. Ashley says:

Really hoping that number 2 is wrong. I love Elementary the way it is and don’t want to see any cast shakeups or changes.

• Andy says:

I don’t think Marcus will be killed this season. If he were to be killed, I think it would at least be another season before that happens. There’s still a lot of story to tell with him and Elementary has no reason to get rid of him right now.

24. Morganic says:

Good grief I hope the Bones one is wrong. I don’t think I could handle it if they killed off any of the main six…

25. hello says:

I actually think yout HIMYM prediction should be the final shot of the show

• THIS!!!!! I sometimes wonder if I’m the only one who remembers the front porch scene (which is saying something – I didn’t start watching the show until Winter 2009 and I haven’t seen every single episode from before then, just some). I haven’t seen it mentioned once in all the articles I’ve seen over the years of Ted’s dates and in the last few months after The Mother was cast. We HAVE to see Lily’s front porch future!

26. Em00 says:

#14 and 26 – yay! (Scandal and HIMYM)
    #27 – boo! (Bones) – not any of those six. Can’t they off Daisy or the young, southern squintern instead?

27. Badpenny says:

I have a feeling that SHIELD is going to suffer problems in it’s first few episodes as the NCIS fans will be flocking to see Ziva leave. SHIELD should pick up by the 4th episode, though.

28. azmataz says:

Is this ligitamit or what. Kalinda cannot leave, end of story

29. Andy says:

I hope that Once doesn’t go down that yellow brick road just yet. They are just about to start showing us Neverland, and the EPs said that they aren’t going to be jumping on the Oz bandwagon right now. If we are to receive an introduction to Oz this season, I’d prefer it would be with the last two episodes of the season like with Neverland last year.

• abz says:

I really hope they don’t go to Oz period. So sick of Wizard of Oz everywhere. It’s being done to death. There are numerous other fairy tales and other stories for them to tackle.

30. Shannon says:

I really, really hope you are wrong about Bones and Grimm. The time line is all wrong for the Grimm prediction and, just ‘no’ on the Bones front.

• jenferner8 says:

I agree with you on Grimm (I quit Bones many seasons ago and have never regretted it). I really hope it’s not the Captain’s, if only because I loathe Adalind and not in a good-I-love-to-hate-her way, she just needs to go the hell away. He deserves so much better then her or Juliet. The only problem I see is that with the Captain being not completely human, if I remember correctly, the show may use that as springboard for “reasonable” explanation as to how the baby is his and not the brother’s in terms of gestation period.

31. Devon Pierce says:

I can’t imagine Elementary killing off Bell. They already have one of the smallest casts in television and they need more backstory to kill him, IMO. Although maybe they think they need a more dynamic recurring character? I love him.

32. sladewilson says:

I’m hoping they don’t kill off Detective Bell on Elementary. If Kalinda leaves, might as well say last season for The Good Wife, and I hope they don’t make Bernie preggers.

33. macabre says:

If Kalinda leaves, so do I. But seriously Kalinda is the standout character of that show, they would have a huge problem if they wrote her out.

• Patrick says:

I don’t watch the show, but based on all the articles written about it, it seems like she doesn’t have much to do anymore. That said, this IS (almost certainly) the last season of GW. If they writer her off in late Feb, there would only be 6-8 more eps remaining. Letting the rest of the cast deal with that fallout might be a great send off for the show.

• C says:

meh…I think if they shape up, TGW could continue on – I don’t think S5 is even close to a done deal as the final season. They’ve constructed a narrative that has a lot of potential to bring things back to S1/2 IF they can follow it through. But not under-utilizing their main cast would be essential and I’m losing faith in their ability to do that.

34. Babybop says:

Killing off a Core character on Bones? The only one I’d part with is Cam. I never really liked her. Ha ha.

35. jess says:

I’ve been watching Bones in reruns (yay TNT!) and I’ve come to realize that I intensely dislike all the Big Bad storylines – Epps, Gravedigger/Taffett, Gorgonzola (as Booth called Gormogon), Pelant, Jacob Broadsky. I know they provide arcs, but they, at times, detract from the character-based comedy and drama.
    that said, I doubt they would kill of one of the core – I think it would be another squintern, sadly. Just don’t let it be Wendell Bray (his past with Angela and friendship with Hodgins adds depth) or Arastoo (Cam has super-bad luck with the fellas).

• AL says:

I didn’t mind most of the Big Bad storylines until Pelant. But they were a lot shorter — most wrapped up in three or four episodes. Pelant is taking forever.

36. HeatherC says:

OUAT has always had Oz in mind and IMO, they have ever since the pilot. Remember Emma’s car accident when she was trying to leave Storybrooke? The book opened up to a picture of the flying monkeys when they showed it on the floor of her car. There have also been hints of Oz in other places too (Rumple mentioning the slippers comes to mind immediately) so I have no doubt that it’s in their plans but I want them to do it on THEIR terms and not because everyone else and their sister seems to think going to Oz is a good idea right now.

37. Amy says:

JDM on Scandal?! Yes, please! I wouldn’t have thought it possible to love this show more than I already do, but this would do it.

• Linda F says:

Amen, Amy. To see JDM in prime time every week, on a show I already love (I don’t like Gray’s Anatomy, so I used to record his episodes and just FF to his scenes) would be like Christmas for my TV–and me!

• Debbie Jones says:

Never heard of him before but I’m so happy Mellie will have a HOT something to keep her warm. And I definitely want Fitz to find cause he so deserves to know.

38. Juank says:

Those are the most stupid predictions EVER

39. Ava says:

I have high hopes for The Blacklist. Love James Spader!

40. DR says:

I think TVD is missing. It’s listed above but i didn’t see it.. or did I just miss it?

41. Aprilcot says:

#3 – YES. I would love to have Simon back on Idol. The X Factor is the worst.
    #11 – I’m over the Deacon/Juliette pairing, so I hope not.
    #12 – I’ve loved the arrivals of all the other Office vets on TMP…where they can they work in Creed?!
    #15 – Creatively S5 will be stellar due to the return of Harmon, but you shut your mouths about cancellation!
    #18 – It’s time they just moved Glee to NYC. The newbies barely hold my attention. If they can get Artie and Tina there, I’m in.
    #21 – I hope so. James Spader is awesome.
    #24 – Dads looks terrible and Raising Hope is so endearing. I’ve been hoping for this scenario.
    #26 – I so love HIMYM. I’m going to miss it once it’s gone!

42. Jaime says:

If anyone gets killed off on Bones by Pelant, logically it would make sense to have Sweets sacrifice himself. I don’t want Sweets to die, as he’s my favorite, but after what Pelant has put him through, I feel like Sweets would sacrifice himself for anyone especially Booth.

43. Annie says:

#14 – OH PLEASE OH PLEASE OH PLEASE. (Sorry. Got carried away there.)

44. tahina says:

I believe Kalinda has been gradually killed off from the screen for sometime now. Whether it’s AP who has asked out but is a shame because I love this character. (:

45. Chris says:

I hope you’re right about Scandal Revenge and Supernatural. The sleepy Hollow prediction seems pretty obvious and I hope the Blacklist is awesome because I love james Spader.

46. Shari says:

Scandal kills off Scott Foley’s Jake due to the character (and actor’s) WILD UNPOPULARITY with the majority of the show’s fans.

47. Ana says:

1) As Kalinda goes, so will I…
    2) Jeffrey Dean Morgan on Scandal would be perfect
    3) Betrayal as 1st cancellation, I can see that
    4) Blacklist as 1st full season pick-up (I think it’s going to be a tie between that an SHIELD)
    5) Juice dead on SOA would be sad, but he does seem like he needs to be put out of his misery
    6) and most definitely Season 6 of Glee should be totally in NYC, that’s where the talent is at

48. Sarah says:

I’ll second an earlier post. The article mentions The Vampire Diaries but its not in the list.

49. Guest says:

Wasn’t it already announced that season 6 of The Voice would be Blake, Adam, Usher and Shakira?

50. Maggie says:

Say it isn’t so. I LOVE JOEL AND JULIA. Don’t let them get divorced.