Dancing With the Stars Season 17: Who's Likeliest to Win? Check Out Our Odds!

The children were nestled all snug in their beds, while visions of mirrorballs danced in their parents’ heads.

Apologies to Clement Clarke Moore, but that’s just my loopy way of saying that Dancing With the Stars returns tonight (8/7c on ABC) for Season 17 — and it’s time to separate the Johnny Castles from the Elaine Beneses of the world.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

Below, check out our gallery of the famous names who’ll be trying to tango and jive their way into your hearts over the next few months — along with their pro partners, their competitive chances and estimated odds of winning.

When you’re done, hit the comments with your own thoughts on who’s likely to win, who’ll make the finals and who’s going to be the first celeb booted. And for all my reality TV news, interviews and recaps, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!

1. Ashley says:

Rooting for Amber! She’s the main reason I’m tuning in this season to DWTS when my interest has waned the past few seasons.

2. GTS says:

BILL NYE THE SCIENCE GUY! I’d vote for him, just so he can stick around and teach Snooki a thing or two… Surprisingly good cast. Amber Riley and Snooki are pretty famous, as is Bill Nye The Science Guy (to anyone who had science as a kid), and so are a lot of other people, like Christina Milan.

• Britta Unfiltered says:

Bill Nye is pretty popular to us Pacific Northwesterners too for his appearances on Almost Live!. (That’s also the show that gave us the great gift of Joel McHale). The guy did a lot of physical comedy on Almost Live!, so I think maybe he can dance. I’m watching right now, so we’ll see.

3. Elizabeth says:

I don’t have a favorite one person this season yet although there are a few that I like and hope will do well this season.

4. Cassandra says:

It’s not fair to say that Jack is the LEAST famous member of the Osbourne family, he has a sister named Aimee that no one really know because she does not seek out the limelight like the rest of her family.

5. Jo says:

I heard that Bill Nye is actually an active member of a swing dancing club and is actually pretty good!

6. twilight123 says:

Let’s go, Amber! I’ve never been a fan of DWTS, I haven’t been a fan of glee in years, but I love Amber Riley and want to support her in her career. I will be tuning in and voting for sure.

7. Amanda says:

Amber being paired with Derek sadly makes me want her to not win. I absolutely can not stand that guy.

8. Steven says:

Watching for Brant.

9. Bob says:

I think Bill Nye has a better chance based on his popularity as, well, BILL NYE.

Also, since Valerie Harper’s cancer story sets her up for a “moving, emotional arc,” did you also consider that Jack Osbourne has MS and just recently lost a child?

10. Susan says:

I hope fat Amber falls over on twerp Derek so they’re ousted immediately!

11. excited says:

Tuning into DWTS for the first time. I’m looking forward to Amber, Corbin, and the two Bills.

12. EndOfTime says:

Go AMBER!!

13. 504 says:

@Susan girl get hit by a bus…… Amber Riley is queen. Curvy,thick,full figured! You mad!

14. MK says:

I don’t even know who this Amber person is but I hope Mark and his partner win because it’s time for a Mark win again. And I hate how the odds are always always always with Derek because it makes it no fun to watch if already everyone picks him. Derek, Derek, Derek. There are other good pros on the show too.

15. Tess says:

Not to defend Snooki or anything, but I’m pretty sure she was paired with Sasha because she is far too short to be paired with any of the other male pros; Sasha was probably the shortest male dance pro they could get to pair up with her. Usually I would agree that new pros usually get the people expected to be lousy, but Sasha’s been a part of the troupe for a while so he’s not a complete unknown and I think this really was more of a case of height than a case of not expecting her to be any good… in fact, tonight she was surprisingly decent.

16. Britta Unfiltered says:

I’m 10 minutes into the first episode, and Snooki already makes me want to barf. I hope she goes first. I can’t stand attention wh*res. If you’re going to be famous and admired, it should at least be because you’re talented or smart at something in life. Being famous on antics and bad behavior alone does not impress me.
    I think Elizabeth Berkeley is going to win because (and this is for all the Showgirls fans out there) “She’s a dancer, not a wh*re!” C’mon, someone had to be the one to say it. Drink your shots now. I think the other two in the finals will be whoever that sports player is, and Amber Riley, who will go pretty far on Glee fame alone.

17. Amanda says:

I think you vastly underestimate the power of nerds on the internet, with your odds for Bill Nye.

18. Sal says:

Ozzy must be so ashamed of his kid

19. Maryann says:

Bill Nye got cheated. He looks like he has a lot of potential as a dancer, yet the brand new, newbie pro got them marked down by her choreography that was the primary object of the judges’ criticism. Boo!

20. sarah says:

I decided to watch as there was nothing else on and I had not watched for a couple years. I am glad I did. There are some good dancers! I like the changes they made this season and now Brooke is almost not needed! I may not continue watching when Hart of Dixie starts.
    However as of now I am rooting for Brant, Leah, Amber and Corbin!
    Tristan is so hot but he always gets the female celebs that will not go far.

21. Brendan says:

Did you actually watch the show before posting these odds? I’m pretty sure Keyshawn is going home early, he can’t dance worth a lick. The first three out will be him and the two Bills (with Bill Nye hanging on longer than he should like Cloris Leachman and Andy Dick)

22. TheFactsR says:

I think your odds are mostly wrong

from worst to best

Keyshawn
    Bill Nye
    Valarie
    Jacko
    Leah
    Brant
    Bill E
    Snooki
    Corbin
    Amber
    Christina/Elizabeth

It should be Elizabeth to win but for her background I don’t believe DWTS or fans will let her win therefore defaulting to Christina

In essences Elizabeth asked the WORLD watching for a second chance and I believe Elizabeth was honest with the request. Therefore I am one who usually DOES NOT but plan to say OK to the second chance for Elizabeth pending she does not disappoint.

23. TheFactsR says:

I watched a video of the cast on the way to a post party and Jacko was an absolute A hole! He was so rude until someone said to him this: Goodbye Mr and Mrs Osbourn then he spoke to them but not when they were saying Jack to him!!!!!!

Also rude on the same video was Leah. She is a complete A hole also!

I already knew both would be rude and obnoxious A’s!

24. Mari Oliveros says:

Elizabeth and Val should win…….Im voting!