Ratings: Breaking Bad Cooks Up Another Record

Get More: News, Ratings

Breaking Bad Record RatingsWalter White may be done cooking, but Breaking Bad is as high as ever.

The winding-down but forever revving-up AMC drama this Sunday night drew 6.4 million total viewers, with 4.1 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot.

RELATED | Breaking Bad Recap: Look on My Works, Ye Mighty, and Despair

That marks increases of 8 and 14 percent over the series’ previous all-time high, which was set weeks ago with the midseason premiere.

RELATED | Breaking Bad Prequel Spin-Off Better Call Saul Ordered to Series at AMC

Breaking Bad airs its penultimate episode this Sunday at 9/8c. Keep an eye out for the Season 3 premiere of TVLine’s Spoiler Alert!, in which we make our predictions for how it will all end.

Tags: ,

Comments (22)

• You have to think the Emmy’s are shaking in their boots a bit for that middle hour. I’m an award show \/\/hore, and I’m not sure what I’m going to do. ;-)

Comment by Nick Murphy – September 16, 2013 01:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hahaha I’m an award show W too, but I’m earning much more on Breaking Bad

Comment by Sara – September 16, 2013 01:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Breaking Bad doesn’t come on until after the Emmy’s in my area so not everyone will have that decision to make :-)

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 16, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Well deserved! Last night’s episode was the best thing I may have ever seen on television, ever.

What an intense hour.

Comment by D'Arcy – September 16, 2013 01:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They should just cancel the 2014 Emmy’s and just give every award to Breaking Bad for last night’s episode alone.

Comment by David4 – September 16, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! Even Holly deserves one..her “mama” was heartbreaking…very method :)

Comment by Sara – September 16, 2013 01:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • LOL but you’re right.

Comment by waffles – September 16, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Hell the dog/wolf at the end of the episode deserves one. :)

I couldn’t really stand Hank’s wife, whose name I suddenly forgot, but even she has been kicking ass the last few episodes!

Comment by David4 – September 16, 2013 04:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • agree.best show ever.

Comment by barbara – September 17, 2013 05:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I loved last night’s eposide of Breaking Bad. It was intense and I never thought Walt would turn on Skyler and talk to her the way he did. It was absolutely the best of the best eposides of any show that I have ever seen.

Comment by Hope – September 16, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • He was making her out to be a victim in the whole thing. He knew the cops were there, even though she told him they weren’t, so he was talking to her like that to protect her, to make it seem like she was forced to keep quiet about everything he had done. In a weird sort of way, he was protecting the family.

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 16, 2013 01:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • OMG you are so right! I didn’t understand that and tought Walt really crossed a line there but it a completly different story.

Comment by Azerty – September 16, 2013 03:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • It was so well done I was in complete awe of the whole scene. The look on her face when she realized what he was doing and even though she was angry and scared about Holly in that moment she saw the old Walt. The complete episode was some of the best television I’ve ever seen.

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 16, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • He was crying because he realized he started it for his family, and then he killed Hank (it’s still his fault) and he no longer has a family so he might as well help out the wife he loves.

Comment by David4 – September 16, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Outstanding! So glad more people keep tuning into this show. I’m still recovering from last night’s heart-attack.. LOL! Quick question: I know the general information on ratings and stuff, but how do they know the exact number of viewers for age groups? Is it by the billing information from cable providers, or what?

Comment by Mr. White – September 16, 2013 01:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • They use statistically relevant sampling. You can draw very accurate numbers from a surprisingly small number of actual respondents (in this case I believe it’s viewers with “Nielsen boxes” that report their viewing).

Comment by Planck Hate (@planckhate) – September 16, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guaranteed these last three episodes of Breaking Bad have a permanent home on my DVR for a very long time.

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 16, 2013 01:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So still 5 million fewer than Duck Dynasty whatever the hell that is.

Comment by canadian ninja – September 16, 2013 02:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Firing on all cylinders and packed with so much drama that other series would take a whole season t tell. I’m still reeling from this amazing episode

Comment by Sam – September 16, 2013 03:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I always record it and then watch it an hour later so I don’t lose the intensity with 5-7 mins of commercials every 20 minutes. I watch Dexter live at 9:00 (no commercials) and then BB at 10:00. Last night was just too epic to be interrupted.

Comment by The Beach – September 16, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Breaking Bad deserves to win every catigory it’s nominated for.The best show ever!!!!.Bryan Cranston is brilliant,Aaron Paul is oustanding.So sad this show is over.I never new about the show until I got Netflix and was hooked from the first 30 seconds of the first episode.Watched it all in about 5 days.I was totally hooked.

Comment by barbara – September 17, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post