Glee Season 5 Premiere Video: McKinley Kids Catch Beatlemania, [Spoiler] & [Spoiler] Get Flirty!

The New Directions kids are coming together…right now…over the music of the Beatles.

OK, maybe “right now” is a little misleading — Glee‘s Season 5 premiere isn’t slated till Sept. 26 at 9/8c on Fox — but today, we’ve got a preview of the scene in which Will Schuester (Matthew Morrison) tells the McKinley High show choir they’ll be embarking on a two-week assignment tackling the music of the Fab Four.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

If that’s not enough, a pair of New Directions members up the flirtation level at the end of the scene.

Press play below to find out who, then hit the comments with your thoughts. Excited for Glee‘s return? Which Beatles track are you most stoked to hear on the show? Sound off below!

1. Gianni says:

It took TVLine 3-4 days to post this? Really?

2. Jamie says:

Old news…this video has been out for days.

3. mayiread says:

Artie and Kitty are kinda sweet.

• ggny says:

So was Artie and Tina,Artie and Brittany,Artie and Quinn. Stuff doesnt end well for Artie they kind of treat him like crap on the show

• But Artie and Quinn were never romantic, it was a platonic friendship

• wordsmith says:

One got the impression that the writers were thinking of going there but then changed their minds a couple of episodes later.

• Ann says:

The reason Artie’s relationships don’t last is because he’s a jerk to those he’s dated. He broke up with Tina because she didn’t stutter. He called Britney stupid then apologized but continued treating her like a dumb person…I don’t think he dated Quinn. He deserves to be alone. I find his character terribly arrogant….He’s up there as one of the most annoying characters with Wade.

• Jess says:

First off, Tina dumped Artie because she was interested in Mike (and his abs). Second off, half the people on the show treat Brittany like a dumb person because she kinda is. Third off, it’s not Wade, IT’S UNIQUE, BITCH!

• Frank says:

First off, yes, he dumped Tina in season 1 when she confessed not to stutter; then got back, but was treating her like crap, so she dumped him for a guy with not only better looks, but also better personality.
            Second off, you’re sort of right on that, but she said it “You were the only one who never called me stupid” so the expectation was high for him and even so, Artie patronizes most people he encounters, not only Brittany.
            Third off, you have a point, plus I won’t get into that discussion because it’s just not worth the time.
            But yeah, overall, Artie treats people like sh*t when he isn’t supposed to.
            Glee seems to think that making disabled characters (i.e Artie; Becky; Emma’s niece) be arrogant douchebags gives them power, when all it does is make people hate their attitude. Attitude isn’t power… It took Mercedes 3 seasons to understand that.

• Jody says:

Artie and Quinn never dated – he just helped her cope when she was in the wheelchair after her car accident. Tina dumped Artie for Mike Chang. Yes, Artie called Britney stupid and they broke up but Britney has always been incredibly stupid. The MIT is just not believable…The Artie/Sugar thing was close but never happened. I think the writers have had a tough time deciding who to pair him with but I like Artie with Kitty and I don’t really like Kitty!

4. Jack says:

calm down guys. it’s slezak. leave him alone. we can’t expect anything timely or good or worthwhile from him…other than promotion for an alison irihita musical comeback

5. Tim says:

This preview is comical. Is anyone even trying? I’d like to see a preview of the New York part of the show.

In just this one scene, Artie and Kitty are a much more interesting pairing than any of the couples last season. I just can’t bring myself to care. Much like Sam, Artie’s relationships always seem like a means to an end.

6. Well, for what it’s worth, I hadn’t seen it in any of the sites I frequent, so thanks for posting it…

7. Florence says:

You`d think you were paying for your subscription to tvline the way some of you are bitching! How about leaving your full name and address when you lodge a complaint…

8. CBWBDK1 says:

I can’t believe that punk from glee is going to be the flash!

9. Lauren says:

I hesitate to say this becuz it is pretty damming, but well the Glee fans are now more obnoxius that the Gossip Girl fans. Like if you don’t spend the whole day and nite in your mom’s basement surfing some Guatemalan Glee tumblr superfan page, you shouldn’t even try. Thanks Tvline from those of us with LIVES.

10. qj201 says:

Artie is a man-ho.

11. Jody says:

Still so sad seeing previews without Finchel!

12. 80s says:

That is the perfect segue for “Baby You Can Drive My Car”.

13. Carmen says:

Disappointed. Feels like season 4 again. I hope there is more of a focus on New York and more story line arcs for Kurt this coming season. Would like to see Chris Colfer on the screen a great deal more ( every week?) than we did on season 4.

14. Frank says:

“And you wonder why everybody hates you.”

Said the girl who called Santana to tell her about Sam and Brittany simply to stir up drama; she had no reason to do it.
    And then, cried to Blaine, whom she had a crush on, so it doesn’t surprise me, about not wanting to be mean to people and then, was back to her bitch ways.

At least Kitty isn’t fake. Even Tina’s bitch act is fake, she’s not that bitch, she just thinks that it’ll get her attention if she hmiliates others.

15. Rook says:

How is glee club gonna work around 9 members? Wasn’t that a story arc in the first season on not having enough members?

16. Today, while I was at work, my cousin stole my iphone and tested to see if it
    can survive a twenty five foot drop, just so she can be a youtube
    sensation. My apple ipad is now destroyed and she has 83 views.
    I know this is completely off topic but I had to share it
    with someone!

17. Leela says:

Not a Glee fan, and not an OTT Adam Lambert fan (but enough of one that I’ll suffer through the show to see him this year), so just wondering – is the writing always as bad as in this clip? I realize the show’s aimed at a young audience, and that (sadly) there has to be some exposition regarding The Beatles for that same crowd – but YIKES! Juvenile & banal don’t come close…