Exclusive

Exclusive First Look: Scandal's Season 3 Cast Photo Lands Olivia & Co. In the Headlines

The event that closed Scandal‘s sophomore run — Olivia being outed as President Grant’s mistress — surely left Washington, D.C. all abuzz. And that is evidenced by the many (we’ll say it) scandalous headlines papering the walls in the buzzy drama’s Season 3 cast photo.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Scandal, Plus 44 Other Returning Favorites

Besides the almost anachronistic abundance of bundled newspapers and the excerpted headlines aimed at the assorted players (MISTRESS! LIAR! HERO! CRIMINAL!), it’s also interesting to note the assorted eyelines on display. Like, Mellie eyeballing her hubby eyeballing Olivia. Or, Huck keeping watch over Quinn (or perhaps looking at her in a quite different light?). David Rosen having none of it, instead diving into an issue of (of course) Esquire.

CLICK TO ZOOM in on the finer details, and check out the individual cast photos in the gallery below.

SCOTT FOLEY, COLUMBUS SHORT, JOSHUA MALINA, BELLAMY YOUNG, GUILLERMO DIAZ, DARBY STANCHFIELD, JEFF PERRY, TONY GOLDWYN, KATIE LOWES, KERRY WASHINGTON

1. courts says:

These look so fab. Hard to believe that the network looked at these and then looked at the OUAT ones and okayed both.

2. Suzanne says:

Is Scott Foley a regular cast member now, or still just recurring?

3. ggny says:

Any idea when the Grey’s Anatomy promo shots are coming out?

4. Alia says:

I don’t love this show, but man, these are nice photos. The group shot even looks like they were all photographed together, instead of ‘shopped in. Nice work, photog.

5. sladewilson says:

The group shot is extremely interesting. I think Mellie (and did they finally upgrade that woman’s hair style or what?), Fitz, Huck and Cyrus are all looking at Olivia. Abby looks like she’s looking at Harrison. Harrison is looking away and David is reading. Meanwhile the only three looking forward (to the audience) is Olivia, Quinn and Jake. The individual shots are interesing as to who is in the rain and who is not….

I can’t wait for this season to start!!!!!!

6. MandaJ says:

Good Lord! Scott Foley under an umbrella! Um, yes please….

7. Walter says:

That picture of Bellamy Young is beautiful.

8. Sidney.B says:

What ? Are we looking at the same pictures right now ? It’s even worse than the OUAT photoshots.
    Abby looks sick and the rain is disturbing, it looks like bad photoshop.

9. Kangabe says:

If Olovia and Fitz break up, I will stop the show….

10. who cares says:

Olitz ♥

11. Mel says:

love the cast photos so much, great job
    I still don’t understand why Scott Foley was made a regular, his caractere was so useless and didn’t fit with the show … not to say that Scandal is a reunion of Powerhouses like Kerry Washington, Tony Goldwyn, Jeff Perry or Guillermo Diaz and sorry but Scott Foley is an average actor comparred to them.
    anyway I can’t wait for season 3 #GladiatorsRock
    and just adding Tony Goldwyn is looking smoking HOT ?

12. Alicia says:

hope we’re getting Olitz in season 3 and no triangle please .. this isn’t a soap opera .. can’t wait for October 3rd

13. Amie says:

Where’s Dan Bucatinsky?

14. Kathleen says:

I personally love Harrison’s socks!

15. lenn says:

supercalifragelisticscandaliscious!!!!

16. Trip says:

Hmm…the group photo looks horribly photoshopped. I do like Mellie, Fitz, Cyrus, and Huck all looking at Olivia though for various reasons! The individual shots are great–I LOVE Bellamy Young’s the most.

17. Great photos, and I’d have to say Bellamy Young’s photo is simply stunning! :)

18. Yvonne Sherrill says:

I hope they make these into posters!

19. Doreen C says:

Love this show great job cast and crew how can i get a job working with the best show on tv? Seriously!

20. Danielle M says:

Did anyone else notice the word CRAZY in red by Quinn?!

21. Becky bee says:

Wow luving d pix, lookig 4ward to october 3, yay

22. Caygri says:

what’s rihanna’s video? ahahah look umbrella!

23. Annie says:

I must say that Kerry Washington is Stunning!!

24. H.Houston says:

Did anyone notice WHO got colored clothing?

25. Judy Murphy says:

I am sure pleased that Carrie Preston won an Emmy for her guest appearance on Scandal. She could easily be awarded another for her guest appearances on The Good Wife and on Person of Interest. Note: She happens to be the real life wife of ‘Finch’ on Person of Interest….and he’s really good in that himself.

Why is Carrie so good? Because her ability to deliver her lines in rat-a-tat rapid fire without ever appearing to look at any cue monitor or card is remarkable in itself, in that she gets really dialogue-heavy roles. Plus, her ability to change her facial expression and the look in her eyes back and forth from ‘sharp as a tack’ to ‘eccentric and quirky… just on the edge of wacko / weirdo’…is a fun ride to take with her. I’ve looked forward to every scene she’s in, whichever the show.

Someone in charge should give Carrie Preston her own vehicle to drive on a regularly scheduled basis so we viewers can barnacle ourselves to it and have some serious fun.

• Chris says:

Carrie Preston won for her guest work on The Good Wife. She has never been on Scandal. Dan Bucatinsky won for his guest work on Scandal.

26. Thanks a lot respecting this post. It’s incredibly informative. If you do not mind, I be struck by a dubiousness; How do you mete out with Spam in blog comments? I genuinely animus it, It wastes my everything and I hatred dealing with it each day. Do you demand any suggestions against what I can do to reduce the volume of annotation spam I reach on my blog? Thanks an eye to your suggestions. …