Ratings: Burn Notice Ends on a High Note, Most Watched USA Finale Since Monk

Ratings Burn Notice Series FinaleWhen you’re a spy, it’s good to go out on a high note.

Burn Notice wrapped its seven-season run on Thursday night with a total audience of 5 million viewers — surging 31 percent week-to-week to score a season high and deliver the biggest crowd for a USA Network series finale since Monk (which cleaned up with north of 9 mil in 2009).

RELATED | Burn Notice Series Finale Recap: Why Got a Happy Ending? Who Sacrificed Their Life?

Leading out of that, the recently renewed Graceland retained 2.1 million viewers, up 8 percent from its penultimate hour.

RELATED | Graceland Finale Recap: The Key to the Truth

More to possibly come….

1. Annie says:

Good – happy for the cast and crew. They obviously put their hearts into this one, and it showed. It was quite a fitting send-off for the gang!

2. Zack B says:

I just wanted to say this was the best series finale I’ve seen in years. It capped the story, wrapped up the loose ends, but left the door open for a spin-off that wouldn’t be a gratuitous copy of the first. Most series finales lack the emotional payoff, but this one packed a wallop for me (not that it was a surprise, but it still got the tears flowing).

/end gush

• AN says:

I agree 100%! I loved this finale and it will go down as one of the best ever in my book!

• M3rc Nate says:

I agree, except with the “spin-off not a gratuitous copy” part. Personally iv never been a fan of Jesse since day one. Pretty much cause i watched the first season of “The Game” and thats all i see when i watch him on BN. Now the character Sam Axe…wow..yes a spinoff should be about him, he is so an awesome, well written, funny, cool character. I mean hes a playboy, former SEAL, but with smarts and wisdom and age. Love him.

The ending was amazing, it wasnt shocking at all really (not that i SAW the death of that character coming, but it made total sense when it was revealed). So was it shocking or full of twists and turns? No, but was it completely satisfying? Absolutely. I also loved how they incorporated all the little Burn Notice phrases in the finale.

• Kristi says:

I agree I finally was able to watch it last night – awesome! They went out in style very classy and definitely tugged on the emotions. I thought it was one of the best series finales I have seen. Good job writers and crew. I’m gonna miss my Thursday nights with Burn Notice. Best of luck to you all in your future endeavors we’ve enjoyed the ride!

3. Lyn says:

Not a finale I’ll want to keep on my DVR for years (as I did with “The Shield” and a couple of the “Justified” finales) but they gave most fans what they wanted and I respect that. Just wish I could get into “Graceland”! Daniel Sunjata is a joy to behold, but that’s never enough to make me stick around for a whole episode.

• Amy Perrin says:

Lyn, I completely agree with you about Graceland. I watched a couple of episodes, and I just couldn’t get into it. I am a little disappointed that USA cancelled Fairly Legal and even Common Law, but gave this a second season.

• HAP says:

I also watched 2-3 episodes of Graceland and just couldn’t get into it.

As for the cancellation of Fairly Legal, I love Sarah Shahi, but don’t think the plot and the writing was engrossing.

4. steven says:

First House, then the Dark Knight Trilogy, and now this show ends with the main characters presumed dead. Is that trend becoming popular these days?

5. The last episode of Burn Notice was a sad but satisfying end to a great series! Thx for sharing!

6. Larry says:

Great ending. Sad but awsome

7. dominick says:

dark knight rises all over again. good to see that professional writers wrap up 7 years of hard work by mailing it in.

8. suzi says:

The only way Michael and Fiona would have the life they wanted, out of the spy business, would be if they were “dead”. It’s not a cop-out or a trend-following story if it is the perfect ending, and to me, this was just that. Well, Maddie could have survived, but her sacrifice was in it’s own way quite fitting as well. Wonderful show–thanks to Nix and the cast.

9. Sam says:

Yes, this series ended well and Nix did a great job writing, directing, and producing the final episode. It is not often you find the creator of such a show so dedicated to delivering an amazing ending. This show deserves to go out on a high note in its ratings as it has produced for USA for 7 years.

10. Blondie72697 says:

I loved the way it ended and glad it got huge ratings!!! So deserving and I loved how they tied it all together with all the one liners!! Clever!! When your a spy…. You know spies, bunch of bitchie little girls!! Shall we shoot them? They will be missed but thankfully there will be reruns and this show is still awesome on reruns!!!

11. Mark says:

I wasn’t sure what I would think after how dark the show has gotten in the last year and a half, but I wound up enjoying the finale. Didn’t like Maddie’s sacrifice, but her final scenes were well written and acted. And I agree that this was the only way that Michael and Fi would get their happy ending.

I’d rather think of the whole gang working freelance in Miami for ever and ever amen, but I liked this as an alternative.

12. Linda says:

If someone missed the finale, is there going to be a rerun?

13. arcsdegeo says:

“Burn Notice” is one of the best tv shows ever ………I loved the show ….the story and the acting….the team and “family” spirit of the characters.

This show had the ability to run more seasons …..however, when they decided to END it was “perfection”.

A TV Movie or even A “MOVIE” will be great …. i am looking forward to that….