Fall TV Preview

Parenthood Season 5 Premiere: A Baby Bump, a 'Little' Comeback and 7 More Scoopy Bits

Parenthood Season 5 Premiere SpoilersPut simply, Parenthood‘s Season 5 premiere is a near-perfect offering of the much-loved NBC drama.

More joyful than its usual heart-tuggy, the hour picks up with the Braverman clan seven or so months after Kristina’s remission report, Amber and Ryan’s reconciliation, Sarah’s breakup with Mark (and Hank?) and Juila’s career-ending choice.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Parenthood and 44 Other Returning Faves

Since then, things have most definitely changed. For starters, Crosby and Jasmine are thisclose to welcoming their baby (an emotional event that occurs in the season opener) and Kristina is being pulled back into the political game — a prospect that Adam is not quite on board with.

That’s all fine and dandy, but how about a few more scoopy premiere bits? Nine to be exact.

• You will totally ‘ship the mentor/mentee bond between Hank and Max.

• Crosby has a love-hate relationship with his newborn child — emphasis on the latter. (Fret not, his conflicted feelings about the infant are all in hilariously good fun.)

• Charming politico Bob Little (played by Jonathan Tucker) makes a surprise return.

• A fan-fave relationship is tested early on — and it’s not the maybe-doomed twosome you’re thinking.

VIDEO | Parenthood Season 5 Spoilers — Hank and Max Form a Friendship

• Sarah will receive a long overdue lesson in text message etiquette.

• The abrupt manner in which Julia quit her job last season will come back to haunt her.

• A character named Pete is introduced. You probably won’t like this person.

• On the flip side, Josh Stamberg’s charming newbie will pique your interest almost immediately.

• The premiere is mostly upbeat and feel-good — and will keep your eyes uncharacteristically dry. But then, as the episode nears its conclusion…. Those tears? Oh, they’ll flow.

Parenthood returns Thursday, Sept. 26 at 10/9c. Hit the comments with your theories based on these teases.

Tags: ,

Comments (31)

• Cant wait!!

Comment by Amanda – September 12, 2013 06:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cancelled by Christmas!!!!
    #LongLiveScandal

Comment by Guest – September 12, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • lol, you can go shave your back now.

Comment by iMember – September 12, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Mean Girls quotes. Trending since 2004.

Comment by JJM – September 12, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • If The Mentalist: Sherlock can do fine against Scandal then Parenthood can too.

Comment by David – September 12, 2013 10:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Guest”, Parenthood isn’t thinking about getting “canceled” but it’s going up against some very tough competition against Scandal and Elementary if you guys don’t care about that.

Comment by Flacco Kaepernick – September 13, 2013 08:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just so glad I’m now into this show.
    By the way do they have bloopers on the DVDs?

Comment by Androme – September 12, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal is great (Still prefer Revenge more), BUT Parenthood takes priority on Thursday nights!

Comment by iMember – September 12, 2013 06:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • #TeamBraverman

Comment by iMember – September 12, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Did your mother drink while she was pregnant with you?
        #Gladiators

Comment by Guest – September 12, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Not sure why the two shows need to be pitted against each other – they’re both great.

Comment by Audrey – September 12, 2013 08:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • To be clear – I meant pitted against each other by fans, not time slot. Does anyone watch TV in “real time” anymore? I sure don’t.

Comment by Audrey – September 12, 2013 08:10 PM PDT
          • Totally agree, Audrey. I DVR everything so who cares if they are against each other. Parenthood AND Scandal are first rate television.

Comment by MandaJ – September 13, 2013 07:02 AM PDT
          • I will DVR all three Scandal, Elementary and Parenthood but will watch Parenthood first. Does that count?

Comment by Mel – September 13, 2013 08:34 AM PDT
          • Watching Parenthood LIVE. Scandal DVR. :S

Comment by Austin – September 16, 2013 02:59 PM PDT
  • Wish we could watch Parenthood ! Our local Time Warner removed NBC from our line up so unfortunately we will miss it. So upset as that is one of our favorite shows. Thanks Time Warner.

Comment by Patti – September 12, 2013 06:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s awful! You should change providers. I left Time Warner when there was a similar problem in my area 6 years ago and have never come anywhere close to regretting it. Anyway, I’m glad we live in an era when we can watch most shows online the next day!

Comment by Dana – September 12, 2013 09:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • watch it online the next day :)

Comment by mary – September 16, 2013 10:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the best shows on TV. Looking forward to another great season!

Comment by Mama T – September 12, 2013 06:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood has gone from strength to strength over the course of its run. Last season it absolutely entered my must watch ASAP list. I love it, and Season 5 is possibly one of my most anticipated shows this season.

Comment by ryaneco – September 12, 2013 06:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 14 days left. So excited on how Season Five begins but it’s going to be tough going up against Scandal (ABC) and Elementary (CBS) in the 10 p.m. Thursday night time slot.

Comment by Flacco Kaepernick – September 12, 2013 07:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I watched a clip of Victors’ adoption the other day with my wife and both of us began tearing up like it was the first time watching it. IMO, one of the best shows on TV.

Comment by Tony – September 12, 2013 07:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So excited about Bob Little! He was definitely my favorite boyfriend of Amber’s. I’m actually hoping that Amber and her current bf are the one having the trouble.

Comment by neha – September 12, 2013 08:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • YAY!! I can’t wait!! :D

Comment by Robin – September 12, 2013 08:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Me neither! :) I just hope that Sarah and Hank will NOT to marry.

Comment by Moja TV – September 13, 2013 03:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of my favorite shows! Can’t wait for it’s return.
    (And yes… I got my boxes of tissues ready!!!)

Comment by Diane – September 12, 2013 09:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • “as the episode nears its conclusion…. Those tears? Oh, they’ll flow” Oh, no. The baby won’t survive.

Comment by The Kaibosh – September 13, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Parenthood!!! Can’t wait!!! Absolutely love this show!!! Easily one of the top 5 tv shows out right now!

Comment by Eric7740 – September 13, 2013 07:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great scoop about the season premiere. I can’t wait to see it in about two weeks.

Comment by Joey – September 13, 2013 08:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Scandal & Parenthood are my main priority right now. Elementary can be watched on Primetime Demand.

Comment by saeh – September 16, 2013 09:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WOW! I hate the line up. I will not choose between Parenthood and Scandal. NO WAY!
    OH, Parenthood, I guess it’s over