CBS Renews Big Brother for Season 16

Big Brother RenewedWalking stereotypes and fameosexuals with dubious talent, rejoice! Your dreams of a televised summer vacation will live on for another year.

That’s right, CBS announced today that it has renewed reality staple Big Brother for Season 16, set to debut in summer 2014. The network added that companion series Big Brother: After Dark will also be back next year on TVGN.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

According to CBS, the current season of Big Brother has been averaging 7.29 million viewers and a 2.6 demo rating, up 11 and 8 percent over the 2012 edition.

Big Brother‘s 90-minute Season 15 finale will air Sept. 18 at 9:30/8:30c, following the season premiere of Survivor.

Excited about this renewal news, or do you fear it’s yet another crushing blow to the fabric of humankind? Sound off in the comments!

1. didi says:

They need to get new casting people and stop with these wanna be actors they find in bars. Go back to the days when they had older people in the house. Oh, and no more misogynists (andy) and racists. BBAD should also be brought back to Showtime.

• Bryce says:

Thank you for calling Andy out!!! He’s the most disgusting person in the house to me. He completes the 2 AM trifecta! Racist Aaryn, Bully Amanda and Misogynist Andy!

• J Norris says:

Totally agree with having back on Showtime instead of regular tv. I quit watching big brother after dark on tvgn because of all of the annoying mutes due to language. Need to bring back again some of the greats or find better cast or the show will find its demise soon. I bleed BB but was very disappointed with the year of the floaters, just had no excitement factor. People will eventually quit watching if BB doesn’t do something better!

• Chairman Kaga says:

They had to stop with the older people. Interesting as they could be, given the way the other houseguests are cast, if you’re older, especially an older woman, on a reality show, you’re a goat.

• amanda says:

please put big brother after dark back on Showtime!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. Mr. Smith says:

The show needs a new host, all new houseguests (no returning, no relatives), and producers who don’t suggest things in diary room.

3. Eric says:

Supposedly the head or Endomol who produces the show has just been replaced and there is a rumor that the EP is leaving after this year. They need a cast who is willing to fight for the money not ones looking to advance their careers in Hollywood.

4. Shane S says:

Yessss all I ask is they keep Julie – everything else should change. Might as well have another All Stars next year. It would be fun to see Dr Will and Janelle go against newer favorites like Rachel and Dan.

• Chairman Kaga says:

Janelle didn’t have much fight in her last time (BB14?). I think maybe she should pull a Dr. Will and officially retire. I think she probably has.

5. wrstlgirl says:

Love Julie Chen but I agree with Mr. Smith. I’m sure there are enough TV wannabes to fill these spots without bring in returning players and/or their relatives. And how about finding some people with some “game”. This last cast was just plain ridiculous.

6. Eric says:

Yes! I’d really love to see another All Stars season. I think it would be cool to do an All Stars season with every past winner of Big Brother competing again!

7. alistaircrane says:

I hope I can watch Season 16. I had to stop watching Season 14 because Janelle was evicted early on. Then I gave up on Season 15 when the show became all about that disgusting Aaryn. I love Big Brother and I want it to be good again.

8. Teresa says:

i don’t like BBAD on TVGN, it is cencored and has too many commericals.

9. Evan M. says:

Please do an All Stars 2 season! Im ready to see some GOOD players come back and play, the good thing about another all stars is that we’ll for sure have people that we know aren’t racist or super mean. I could not stand two seasons back to back with bigots!!

• wrstlgirl says:

I’m good with an All Stars season as long as they don’t recycle players that have already been on twice before. Enough of Janelle, Rachel, Jordan, etc. etc. Bring back some of the other players, they have 14 seasons to choose from. I’m not including season 15 :-) although I think Nick should get another shot, and possibly Howard and/or Candice.

10. Elyse says:

I think they should do an allstars season and invite 24 former houseguests back and make them compete right off the bat for 12 or so spots in the actual house OR I think they should do an allstars season of survivor and an allstars season of big brother where the survivor contestants play big brother and the big brother contestants play survivor.

11. Oh brother. CBS has done it again when reality competition series continues to get too old with the likes of Survivor and Amazing Race.

12. Mike R. says:

Great news, even if this season was the worst, I still love it. Hope they have better ast screening next year, and stop tolerating the awful behavior. Honestly, I’m hoping for another all stars. Say what you will about returning players, but at least you can predict their behavior.

13. Frankie Apple says:

I have to say that I think this season has been the worst of BB ever – what a cast of unlikeable awful people. After reading some comments online I started watching this year’s Australian version of the show on youtube and it’s so, so much better – both the format and the people! I may just have to stop watching the American version altogether.

14. Geo says:

The only way this show could sink any lower than it has in this despicable season is if the producers literally brought Klansmen and Neo-Nazis on as houseguests next season. Which means, considering BB’s producers’ histories and the way they handled (or, more accurately, didn’t handle) things this season, they’re probably combing Klan rallies for next year’s guests this very second.

15. Scott says:

AllStars2 please! Love the idea of 24 past HGs compete to be the 12 HGs. And BBAD should be on TVGN and SHO2 uncensored for that version

16. HRG says:

I will watch BB. I will not watch after dark. It became more boring as the season went on.

17. Liam says:

Chenbot ROCKS!!!!

18. Chad says:

I want HD and pretty houseguests and more fun hot tub times and less of the hate. The show was very negative this year and a very large amount of unattractive people.

19. ALICE says:

I HOPE BIG BROTHER STAYS AROUND FOREVER BUT KEEP PEOPLE LIKE AMANDA OUT !! SHE WAS JUST PLAIN MEAN!! AND PLEASE KEEP JULIE CHEN SHE A GOOD HOST FOR BIG BROTHERAND I CANT PICTURE ANYONE ELSE DOING BIG BROTHER AS HOST!!

20. ALICE says:

I AGREE TALK SMART ABOUT TV AMEN!

21. Dave says:

I would like to see a season of 1st evicted house guests. In other word bring back every 1st evicted from the past seasons.

22. Sarah says:

The vitriol that came out of the mouths of this season’s contestants has been, to use one of their favorite over used words, disgusting. It has not been just the racism, but the sheer amount of hate and jealousy spewed for no apparent reason.
    We talk about bullying, but that word was being thrown around left and right in the house. People were being called bullies for simple game play, while actual bullies were manipulating their way farther in the game.
    This house has shown that hate isn’t just about skin color, it is about small, petty people who are jealous or ignorant of others. The hate towards Elissa, Helen, and others has been outrageous.
    I frankly hope that the school that Andy teaches for chooses not to renew his contract. I can’t imagine wanting a child of mine (no matter the age) being taught by someone who says the things he does about people.

• Mary S says:

I have only watched one episode of this non-show, ever. As far as I am concerned, it is a total waste of airtime and merely teaches its viewers how to be mean and rude. There is nothing about this show that has any redeeming social value, whatsoever. BUT, it obviously has an audience or they would not continue renewing it year after year. My concern is, who are these viewers, where are their morals and how do I avoid them in real life??

23. Mary S says:

I find it difficult to believe that this revolting show has been renewed! … Well, it did stir up major controversies, set good examples of how to be a hateful person, and teach us how to betray people who trust us…and I saw all that in the one time I watched for 10 minutes!
    It is disturbing to see all these comments from people who “love” this show…where are your brains, your heart, your souls? This show has NONE of those qualities. All it does is shine a light on the worst traits of humanity, and I truly worry about the kind of people who find it entertaining….
    I can see why it has been renewed-it has rabid fans who might follow the examples set by the cast and storm the towers of CBS if it were cancelled. Which is a good reason to take it from the air, never to be seen again!

24. Lynn Shumard says:

Please put after dark back on showtime .please .!!!

25. FranklyFrank says:

BB must upgrade to HD.. I can’t stand non-HD shows. So 2000. And ditch the Chenbot.

26. Mary S says:

All I can do is repeat myself…I got another notice that the show has been renewed, and all I can do is scrtch my head in bewilderment! Are there really that many people who like to watch this kind of fighting, backstabbing …there is no other word I can think of that fully describes the BS that goes on in this “show” — I see no reason for it to continue, other than it is a CHEAP PRODUCTION that fills airtime without the requirement of good scripts and fine actors. No wonder our country is going down the tubes, with trash like this to set an example of how to treat your fellow man!

27. Dan says:

It’s a mix of great news & horrible news. TVGN was a complete mismatch for Big Brother After Dark. Their ridiculous level of censorship completely ruined the show and made so many house conversations almost unintelligible. Also, they ran a a huge block of commercials compared to the short breaks that Showtime took. PLEASE bring BBAD back to Showtime or at least drop all the censorship.

28. vicky mann says:

Love the show haven’t missed one show but don’t like after dark on tvg sucksgo back to showtime

29. Tracy says:

I’m soo glad it’s coming on just wish it would come on a lot more! My Husband and. I watch this and look forward to it, one major change I would like to see is don’t bring old ones back and get better new ones!

30. Bill says:

BB After Dark on TVGN = Garbage ! – to much censorship and too many Commercials
    I’ll skip it and probably start loosing interest in BB – go back to Showtime, TVGN is for 70’s game shows …

31. Sandy says:

Will not be watching bb16 on TVGN. This chanel talks all the fun out of BBAD with all the bleeping. May stop BB altogether this year BBAD was always interesting. Last years tvgn sucked sorry but it did.