So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 Finale Recap: And the Winners Are... [Updated]

SYTYCD-Season-10-finale-winnerI take reality television so seriously that — no lie — my husband’s wedding vows included a promise to love, honor and share (or at least put up with) my obsession for the genre. But when it comes to So You Think You Can Dance — which, in my mind, is the artsy-cool Solange to American Idol‘s megastar sister Beyoncé — I’m always overcome by the hokey notion that whether or not my favorites prevail, the art of dance always comes out a winner.

I know, I know…that sentiment probably made you cringe harder than the sight of Paula Abdul’s “blooming onion” hairstyle. But honestly, I don’t say it to obscure the fact that I came into tonight’s Season 10 finale with strong feelings about how America should answer the questions “Aaron or Fik-Shun?” (Aaron, obvs) and “Amy or Jasmine?” (#TeamJasmine4Eva!).

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

I say it because, after head judge and executive producer Nigel Lythgoe announced during the opening hour that SYTYCD had been picked up for Season 11, nothing — except maybe Cat Deeley being forced to announce the judges had decided to ignore America’s votes and declare their inexplicable fave Jenna as a surprise champ on the girls’ side — could harsh my vibe.

Anyhow…before we press play on So Do You Think You Could Give Us the Results Already, Slezak?, let’s hand out some awards celebrating the highs and lows of the finale, shall we?

RELATED | SYTYCD Renewed for Season 11

BEST MOMENT (NEW ROUTINE): Season 10 Top 10 & Selected All-Stars, “Rock Lobster”
OK, it was a little distracting the lengths to which the director and camera operators went to obscure Aaron’s abs, but All-Star Robert was sensational, and All-Star Allison reminded us she’s just as effective rocking out as she is gliding through a contemporary number. I really, really loved this high-energy piece, even if Cat never announced who choreographed it.

BEST MOMENT (ENCORE): Top 10 Guys, “Sand”
Is there any way the Top 10 can recreate this piece on tour? Because I’d give Carly Rae Jepsen’s left arm to see it live and in person.

BIGGEST IMPROVEMENT: Tucker and All-Star Robert’s Contemporary Piece
I loved this Travis Wall dance the first time around, but the encore definitely hit me harder and deeper, as the depth and maturity of Tucker and Robert’s work (and the lack of droning pre-dance explanation) had me reaching for the Kleenex.

WORST MOMENT (NEW ROUTINE): Nigel and Mary’s “Let’s Get It On”
Don’t get me wrong — I’m always in favor of the judges being brave enough to put themselves (and their technique) up to public scrutiny. But I just wish they’d eschewed the hideous wigs and exaggerated face-pulling in favor of something more elegant — or at least less campy.

MOST INFURIATING OVERSIGHT: Not a single ballroom routine in a two-hour episode (by which I mean not a single second of focus for Season 10’s impossibly adorable Alan or his amazing abs)? Is Nigel punishing us for not carrying Jenna to the finale?

MOST CONSPIRACY-GENERATING OVERSIGHT: Considering SYTYCD has been obsessed with choreographer Sonya Tayeh for several seasons running, its failure to mention her name during the finale made me wonder if she’s had some kind of falling out with La Lythgoe.

RIGHT COUPLE, WRONG ROUTINE: I was stoked to see Makenzie and Paul open the show, but I can’t imagine why Paula chose the ho-hum “Edge of Glory” over the far more daring (albeit erotic) Frankenstein-y jazz piece from Sean Cheesman.

MOST FUN (PART 1): Jasmine and Marko’s “Blurred Lines” — featuring extra saucy tie-straightening

MOST FUN (PART 2): Amy and Fik-Shun’s “Afterparty” — featuring extra saucy bell hops

MOST DANGEROUS: How in the heck did the Battle of the Year crew pull off their routine without so much as a broken pinkie finger or dislocated spine?

LEAST RINGING ENDORSEMENT: Fik-Shun describing Battle of the Year as “the best dance movie I’ve seen in a while.”

BEST INDIVIDUAL PERFORMANCE BY A FINALIST IN A JUDGES’ CHOICE: Aaron’s ebullient, effortless tapping alongside Alexis and Curtis

MOST LIKELY TO STAR IN A BIG-SCREEN ADAPTATION OF A NICHOLAS SPARKS NOVEL: I really thought Aaron and All-Star Kathryn might go in for an actual smooch (or three) during the reprise of their “Kissing You” routine. But even sexier was the way the duo stared into each others’ eyes — the way a hungry bear eyes a salmon swimming upstream — as the number began.

WILDEST STATISTIC: Cat reminding us we’d seen 109 live routines this season.

(Side note: Cat revealed before the final ad break that the Season 10 Girls’ Champ received the highest number of votes of any Top 4 dancer after last week’s performance finale, proving it’s not just cute guys who activate speed-dialing fingers anymore.)

And now, without further ado…

The Season 10 Guys’ Champ (aka America’s Favorite Male Dancer) is…Fik-Shun
The Season 10 Girls’ Champ (aka America’s Favorite Male Dancer) is…Amy

Le sigh…I went 0-for-2 in my Who Should Win/Who Will Win predictions. Oh well, we’ll always have “The Giving Tree.” And, to their credit, Amy and Fik-Shun’s “Afterparty” reprise was pretty damn amazing tonight. And now it’s your turn.

What did you think of the So You Think You Can Dance Season 10 finale? Did the right guy win? Did the right gal win? Did the Season 11 pickup mean you’d be happy no matter the voting outcome? Sound off below, and do come back in the morning for my full updated recap!

1. Lore says:

I reeeeeally wanted Aaron and Jasmine to win

• scooby says:

I did too, but then they both had a rough performance in their last night and Aaron left us with that memory of his dropping a partner. She tried to roll with it, but that’s one of your chief jobs as a male dancer, don’t drop your partner. I figured enough people would look at that as a negative that it might cost him. Amy’s personality was pretty great and I knew she’d be in the finale from the beginning so it’s really to Jasmine’s credit that she accomplished that as well. As for Fik-Shun, I’m gonna dine on his performance with Twitch forever. Great final 4, and I really didn’t know who was going to get it.

• renner says:

I could have forgiven Aaron for dropping Melanie, but he didn’t even apologise afterwards.

He seemed like he didn’t care about any of his dance partners – he hardly ever thanked anyone. Unlike Amy and Fik-Shun.

• GTS says:

It wasnt a drop, it was a slip. Melanie and Aaron were holding hands, and they were so sweaty she slipped.

• LaManelle says:

If you follow Aaron on Facebook you do see how much he cares about the people he dance with and everyone that is included in the whole adventure.

• K. Murphy says:

renner, I don’t know what you were seeing, but Aaron was one of the most generous and supportive partners in the show’s history. That would include his contestant and all star partnerships. This is not even considering his aftershow interviews, in which his gratefulness to all involved was a constant theme. As far as “dropping” Melanie, he wasn’t the only one who dropped or had a misconnection with a partner which resulted in a slip or fall.

And how do you know he didn’t apologize for dropping Melanie? Were you standing within earshot directly after the dance finished or did you follow them around back stage for the following week to ascertain that suspicion? Not liking the guy is fine, your right as a fan. But making things up and stating them as fact is kind of silly.

• brycealexander says:

I agree.
      I don’t really like like Amy’s personality whatsoever.
      Fik-Shun was okay enough, but he just doesn’t seem to be in the same league as other winners. Looking back at past winners, Fik-Shun isn’t even the cutest, which is basically his defining niche. His dancing definitely wasn’t up to par, and Aaron’s personality was better in my opinion.

• brycealexander says:

And I should add that I like people with humility, and Aaron and Jasmine seemed worlds more humble.

• KevyB says:

I was sooooo excited to see it renewed, but after seeing Fik-shun win and frigging Cyrus almost win last year, I’m done. The hip-hoppers on this show are treated as if they are invalids learning to walk again while everyone else is constantly having their slightest imperfections pointed out. Besides it was a pretty unengaging season no matter how many times the judges tried to convince me otherwise. I enjoyed Aaron, but I was never under the impression that he was anywhere near as good as any of the All-Stars. Really, just watch Rock Lobster near the end and you’ll see Neil, Alex, Marko, Robert and Joshua TEARING IT UP, and our Top Two in the back looking like amateurs. But at least Aaron was good at the performing part of the routines. Fik-shun just moved from one fake facial contortion to the next. And how many times did we hear about that? Exactly zero. When the best dancer (Tucker) can’t even get into the Top Six, something is wrong with the show. So good job, judges, you got the results you tried so hard to get all year. And I’m sure you’ll have even fewer viewers next year because of it.

• BabyFirefly says:

It’s a matter of opinion. I personally didn’t care for Tucker, something about him never connected with me. One of the great/frustrating things about this show is the amazing talent – incredible dancers don’t always make the top 10 even. I thought Jasmine Mason was an amazing dancer and her talent could have rivaled any of the top 10, but she didn’t get the votes and was eliminated. Fik-Shun and Aaron both have the type of personality that reaches out through the tv to engage you, and to me that is more compelling then being a better technical dancer. I would personally have been super upset if Tucker had made top 6 over Aaron Paul or Fik-Shun. My favorite dancer almost never wins, so if I was ready to quit the show after things don’t go the way I want I would have quit when Benji beat Travis. That year made it clear that this was not about who had the most technical skill, it was about who could connect the best with the audience and garner the most votes.

• KevyB, ditto! Extremely well said, you took the words right out of my mouth. The judges propagandize and drop little subliminal digs, kill with faint praise if you will, and you know it’s all over for an Aaron or a Tucker or a Jasmine. The judges have their favorites (Nigel is the biggest offender in my opinion) and they pretty well electioneer the results. The dancers know it too – you can see the light go right out of their eyes when this happens. They can’t always pull it off – case in point, Jenna. But boy did they try!! At least she was classically trained. It’s sad to see untrained dancers win over trained dancers who are clearly better.

• ChrissieK says:

And if they had been proclaimed the winners, how humble do you think they would have been?

• me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

2. cjinsd says:

I picked Amy and Aaron, so I got it half right.

3. Emily says:

SO happy about Amy winning! As for the boys, I think I would have been happy with either of them winning, although I do feel for Aaron coming so close. Either way, amazing amazing amazing season.

• ChrissieK says:

Thank you! I just about stopped reading the whiny little comments as to who won and who didn’t win when I came to this that sums it up for me. The Top Four were all great but Amy just had that special something that generates into a win…Fik-Shun is adorable and he grew as a dancer and takes it seriously and as a team they just stole the show. Do not get me wrong because Aaron stole my heart and I live in Las Vegas and maybe I’ll just bump into him one day!! Thank you for such a terrific season (Puttin’ on the Ritz–forever my favorite) and if they do not vote Cat that Emmy, I’ll just give up on that! Ta ta til next year!

4. Babybop says:

I know I’m the minority here, but I couldn’t stand Jasmine and Aaron! They were my least favorites from the beginning.

Now that I know Amy and Fik-shun take the crowns, I will watch the finale without dread!

BTW, glad you recapped this! :)

• renner says:

I agree with you 100%.

And we’re not in the minority – otherwise Amy and Fik-Shun wouldn’t have won.

• MC says:

I thought it was a no-brainer. Amy was terrific and very enjoyable to watch. She was athletic and versatile. Amy was both playful and sensual. Amy almost always brought a smile to my face. I don’t think Amy won because she’s cute (that’s just a bonus). Jasmine has a nice pair of legs, but she never captured my imagination. Fik-Shun isn’t a great dancer, but he had some wonder ful moments and I enjoyed his personality. The bellhop dance was a good showcase for both Fik-shun and Amy. Nigel was right when he said the girls were better this year. I still think the best guys were Nico and Carlos. Nico killed it tonight and his athleticism is amazing. He makes extremely difficult choreography look easy.

• kp says:

Nico DIDN’T nail it. He messed up on his dance with Hailey if you were paying attention.

• MC says:

Tsk, tsk kp. You’re not looking at the big picture and the specific context of last night’s exhibition show. First, Nico probably tackled some of the most difficult choreography throughout the entire season. Kiss of the Spider Woman was absolutely one of the best and one of the most demanding dances of the season. The big picture is this show has been plagued with injuries to its top talents over the last three or four seasons. The lift with the 360 spin while holding her aloft, that’s pretty darn difficult. I wouldn’t try that for the sake of an exhibition and I’m sure the producers, and even Sean Cheeseman, weren’t expecting that in a non-competitive reprise of the dance. The other big picture is that Nico is still a sensational talent who has lots to offer. That doesn’t changed based on a dance in an exhibition show. I look at all the positive, very athletic things Nico does that other male dancers from this show probably are not capable of doing. That’s what impresses me about him.

• KEW says:

I found Amy & Fik shun had a sweeter personality compared to the other 2 dancers
      I am hoping Amy would win, which she did & happy Fik Shun won congrats to both

• addie says:

I loved all four of the finalists, so I’m not heartbroken, but…personality? That’s what bugs me about the votes for this and AI – it may be favorite dancer, but it still seems to miss the point to make it a popularity contest based primarily on one’s view of personality. Don’t understand what personality flaws are to be found in Aaron and Jasmine, but even if they’re not as sparkly as the mini-couple, they are both wonderful dancers.

My choices were Amy and Aaron, with Jasmine a closer second than Fik-shun. Amy had the best combination of technique, emotion and versatility. Aaron was as much out of his wheelhouse as Fik-shun, when you compare tap and animation with the rest of the dances they are faced with, but I think Aaron did a better job overall of meeting those challenges.

• Kate B says:

I totally agree. I guess I never warmed to Jasmine in first place as I felt she only got into the competition as it meant she could get maybe get to dance with Cyrus (as an all-star). Seemed a little stalker-ish to me. I think she also made the top 20 as Nigel was also hoping for a re-union. Amy on the other hand, totally loves to dance and really show her versatility, even if it was late in the comp. Think she is the only dancer to totally nail bollywood! Fik-shun definitely the best performer (and definitely not the most technical) but he is such fun to watch and deserved to win. Aaron did not grow as much as Fik-shun. America chose right two to win.

• KT says:

Agreed. While Jasmine is an amazing dancer, I never liked her. I felt that she used her breakup with Cyrus to get sympathy, and it never felt genuine when she talked about it. And Aaron never connected with me either. He always looked slow and less energetic than the other dancers. So happy for Amy (my hometown girl!) and Fik-Shun, they are amazing and I can’t wait to see them on tour!

5. Sophie says:

Amy and Fik-Shun are definitely deserving of the win, but I can’t help but feel a little bit sad and cheated that it wasn’t Aaron and Jasmine who won. They were my favorite dancers this year by far.

6. CBB says:

Happy with the results although all 4 were great! missed the crowning as my DVR did not record the extra time. :( welcome back Michael. Looking forward to your full recap.

7. L says:

really hoped Jasmine and Aaron would win, but not surprised that Amy won. Girl can dance, but my personal preference was Jasmine.

• Elizabeth says:

I felt this way as well. I love Aaron and definitely feel that he should of won. But, even though I preferred Jasmine, damn that Amy danced so great in the finale that I couldn’t be upset that she won. Girl can definitely dance.

8. girlinmd says:

I would have been happy with any combination I with you Slezak dance prevailed tonight the beach routine was AMAZING! I reweinded it twice I am glad it has renewed and also that tonight they reminded me of the days of dark haired Mary Murphy! WOOOWOOO!

9. Belle says:

I wanted Amy/Aaron. (Out of the top 4, anyway. Paul was my overall favorite.)

10. Ang says:

I really really REALLY wanted Aaron and Jasmine to win. I don’t dislike Amy and Fikshun, but the other two really won my heart over with their talent and their personality.

11. Thea says:

Vibe was definitely harshed in the end. Poor Team Tall. =(

12. Aida says:

I could have written this article myself. I was rooting for Aaron and Jasmine all the way. So bummed now.

13. Seena Heath says:

I voted for Jasmine and Aaron, but they were all great. Now if they just renew the show I will be happy!

14. RB says:

I’m happy with the Amy/Fik-Shun win. What’s bothering me is that they did not mention who choreographed the Beach piece? Anyone know?

15. RatingsPlummeting says:

I honestly did not know this show was still on.
    Give me a ratings update, TV LINE.

16. Sara says:

I definitely wanted Aaron to win. I am bummed, but I know that they will definitely be bringing him (and Jasmine) back as All-Stars. Aaron is one of the best partners they have ever had and the future dancers on the show will be lucky to have him supporting them.

17. Dryden says:

I was rooting for Jasmine and Aaron but they shouldn’t feel too bad about missing out. After all, Twitch, Travis Wall, Marko, and Neil didn’t win their respective seasons either and they’re frequent All-Stars.

• K. Murphy says:

Even if they don’t return as all stars, there are many alums who are doing just fine in their careers after leaving the show. Some are starring in Tony-nominated Broadway shows (Jess LeProtto, Evan K., Thayne Jasperson, Ariana Dubois), are regulars on DWTS or a similar British version, dance with excellent companies like CedarLake, are principals in ballet companies, or are on tours with major singing stars (everyone from Madonna, Alicia Keys, Justin Timberlake, to Taylor Swift, just to name a few). Not all remain dependent on SYTYCD as their primary career opportunity.

18. Pat says:

I would truly have been happy with any of the 4 winning…they were both that good and that likeable. However, this past week I went back and rewatched their performances for the season and I do give Amy and Fikshun a slight edge in terms of outstanding routines and lighting up the stage from the very first week. So I am glad they won but hope to see all 4 back as all stars!

• heyang says:

I agree with you. Both couples were standouts from week1 – even auditions. However, I have a lot more recalls of Fik Shun and Amy vs Jasmine and Aaron. Also, both Jasmine and Aaron had weak performances during the final 4 show, which likely gave Amy and FikShun the edge.

19. Julie says:

I have a feeling there are going to be a lot of unhappy campers…our Tivo cut off the end since the President interrupted the show. Thankfully I realized it right away and was able to record the next show to catch the end.

20. DreamRose311 says:

Thought it should’ve been Aaron and Jasmine too, but I love FikShun and Amy as well, and I’m happy for both of them. Mostly I’m happy for us getting season 11.

21. Karen says:

I think Aaron was robbed. I really was hoping for Jasmine & Aaron. Bummer…

22. CJ says:

I really wanted Aaron to win and voted a lot for him. He was my absolute favorite this year. Also… super bummed I missed the end. Wish the dvr would automatically extend in cases like this.

23. Judy says:

I also picked Aaron & Jasmine – – – so sad they didn’t win. I was impressed by how much Fix-shun grew over the season, so I’m happy for him. And Amy didn’t stand out for me – – she was just another one of the brunettes for so long. I was impressed by Aaron becoming “not just a tapper.” Every time he or Jasmine danced, I smiled. Oh well.

24. PFitzDC says:

I agree that the news that Season 11 has gotten picked up, nothing could harsh my vibe either! Even tho I, too, was TeamAaron&Jasmine. Loved the finale–but it always leaves me wanting more. Still–a few puzzlements in what was missing. No ballroom encores. No Sonya Tayeh encores. No Aaron/Jasmine dancing together. No Jasmine doing contemporary, showcasing those crazy leg extensions. No Alex Freaking Wong encore. Only one encore featuring each of the rest of the Top 10 and only the opening and the tapper number featuring the Top 11-20. Ahh well. Can’t wait until next summer!

25. Anthony says:

Fix-shun lucked out that he had Amy as a partner. Anyone else an he would not have made it through to the top 10….. Even in the top ten I was thinking that any of the dances he preformed would have been so much better if any of the other guys were performing it but him.
    Should have be Amy and Paul w/ Aaron still in second place

• William Fisher says:

I agree! though, as I went back to review all of the season’s dances, Haley was pretty amazing, too. Something about both Jasmine and Aaron always left me thinking that there was “something missing;” they had deficiencies that I felt Paul and Amy and Haley did not have.

26. Ann says:

am very disappointed that Amy and Fikshun won. I was also very disappointed in the judging this year. I feel like Nigel basically took over the entire show and regardless of what anyone else thought he was going to get his way. His ego is so big– and you know what they say about bossy overbearing people. Does he also drive a huge red sports car?

27. I was more than happy with the results. I would have been fine with any combination of the top 4 winning the entire thing.

28. Kathleen W says:

You know, no one understands quite how much of a disadvantage taller dancers have. To create the speed of the moves it takes 10x the efforts (tall gymnasts? Tall wrestlers?) I believe Aaron and Jasmine were amazing dancers and I am SOOOO tired of the cutesy contestants being praised as being so amazing.

29. waffles says:

I’m glad Amy won but I would have liked Aaron to win, too. Fik Shun got a lot further in this competition than his talent merited. Aaron is, to me at least, clearly the superior dancer.

30. MH says:

Amy got to dance with a seasoned choreographer – Travis. Why? Why would she be paired with Travis? He’s much more than an all-star, he’s one of the best choreographers on the show! And then viewers were asked to vote on a Travis piece – of course they picked the one with Amy (it was great). What do you think that did to viewers mentality? Of course Amy got the highest vote overall.

BOGUS.

Nigel set up last year’s show so Cyrus wouldn’t win, now the producers set it up for Amy to win. This girl was voted off so many times.

BOGUS.

Been watching this from season one. Not watching it anymore.

31. fiona says:

I’m with the rest. Super bummed that Aaron and Jasmine did not win. I feel like the TVLine community and I are akin to one another, but as I watched my SYTYCD facebook feed a good chunk of commenters were Amy-Fikshun fans so I had a feeling this was coming.
    Glad this was renewed for next season. Can we have an All-Stars only season perhaps? That would be amazeballs

• Ashley says:

I’ve thought this, too! They need a Battle of the All Stars season! Although I’m not sure how we would be able to choose winners.

32. Kathleen Roby says:

It was a tough choice, but much preferred Jasmine over Amy….for her lines, her personality, her heart, and her beauty!!! Both guys were great & a toss up for me.

33. cheri says:

any idea why malece was introduced alone at the top of the show?

• fiona says:

I noticed that too. I was originally going to say because jade wasn’t there but he was for the top 10 boys performance. All the boys were there. Maybe he came late?

• Olivia says:

I think the top 10 dance was a replay from earlier in the season (just like putting on the ritz). I’m surprised Cat didn’t say anything about It.

• lafatacarabina says:

Nigel said on Twitter that Jade was behind bar during Ivan routine (if you pay attention, you can see him!), but that he is still sore for a recent knee operation.

• alison says:

All the boys were not there! I went back and watched the intro and only counted 9 boys to the 10 girls. Unfortunately I am unable to come up with who was missing!

• Babybop says:

I think I saw Jade at the end… with a cane. He might have injured himself too badly to go up and do a little dancey thing.

34. pixtweak10 says:

Surprised Michael didn’t catch how Ivan copied Wade Robson’s season 6 top 20 number. I mean the idea, custom, staging and camera work was identical. It was shocking to see and was extremely let down by Ivan. Wade’s piece was far more superior. Watch it on Youtube!

35. A says:

Like Michael, I too am 0 for 2. Aaron is the first tapper on the show that I have loved to death. It’s a shock that he wasn’t in the top 20, yet he made it all the way to the finale without ever being in the bottom. (I’m actually surprised they didn’t mention that.)
    Jasmine is a beautiful girl and dancer and was one of my favorites from the beginning. (Girls really do run the world!) ;)
    As much as I loved Amy and Fik-shun, I think there is something cutesy about both of them that separates their maturity from Aaron and Jasmine.
    I’m happy for Amy and Fik-shun, since I love everyone in the top 4, but I would have been twice as happy if Aaron and Jasmine won. At this point it’s so hard to decide.
    Team Tall all the way!
    ~A

36. Jan1 says:

This was a great season. I voted for Aaron and Jasmine, wish they had won.

37. Dance Critic says:

Jasmine & Aaron were light years ahead of Amy & Fik in style, charisma, and just plain dancing. Jazz and Aaron may not have won this, but at the end of the day they will prove themselves to be the true STARS. Their star quality will take them far. Fik seems like a gimmick and there are a gazillion Amys in dance studios in every city. Jazz and Aaron have star quality — the IT factor for sure!

• will says:

Too funny. You DO NOT see an Amy in every dance studio in every city. She danced better than most of the best dancers from past seasons. It’s okay to cheer for other dancers but stay away from the undercutting of some dancers skills.

38. Riley says:

I was pulling for Amy and Aaron all season so am really happy one won and other came in 2nd. I will walk away from this season happy with no annoyance like I had when Travis and Danny were runner-ups in their seasons. Looking forward to Season 11, hope Megan Branch auditions and makes Top 20.

39. tstephen51 says:

I went 2 for 2! Yay for Fik-Shun and Amy!! For me, watching these two dance from the beginning just made me happier than any other couple.

• Carly says:

I feel exactly the same! Love them both and are happy, happy, happy they won. Didn’t connect with either Aaron’s or Jasmine’s personalities. Amy is wonderful so watch: so much talent! Fik-Shun is wonderful to watch, too: so much personality! Together they are a wonderful combination.

40. The thing is, the title is America’s Favorite Dancer, not America’s Best Dancer. If it were best, there would have been many different winners than those that were chosen. Remember Russell over Jacob? Amy and Fikshun had the kind of chemistry that endears them to the audience; I expected them to win. Jasmine and Aaron had more adult sexiness and perhaps the audience that rooted for them isn’t the same as the youngsters that were gonna stay on that phone and vote until their fingers bled. That said, I honestly think Amy is the better dancer of the two girls – not by a huge margin – but her technique and fluidity met every challenge thrown her way. I think Fikshun got tied to Amy in people’s minds and voters saw them as dual winners. Aaron is the superior of the guys, it goes without saying – his face is so expressive and amazing, he knocked me dead in every single routine. We’ll see a lot more of him and Jasmin in the future I’m sure. Remember that Katherine and Robert and tWitch didn’t win their seasons and look at them now. Good luck to Amy and Fikshun and Aaron and Jasmin and Congratulations!

41. I can honestly say that even though Aaron has been my boy from the get go, I was happy with any choice from the final four. FikShun’s reaction to the win was really sweet. I was terrified the show would be cancelled, so now that I know season 11 is coming, I can relax!!

42. I wanted Amy and Aaron to win, but I thought all of the top four were great. Glad that Amy at least got the win this year.

43. Jeri says:

Hey Michael, the new piece was choreographed by Nappytabs. Cat mentioned it earlier in the program.

44. Karen says:

I can’t lie and say I wasn’t a tad disappointed Aaron did not take the season 10 crown. It’s been a while since I’ve rooted this much for a contestant on this show (tWitch and Robert Roldan come to mind). But I’ve been in awe all season of Fik-Shun as well, and can’t blame anyone for wanting to vote for him.
    With the girls I really could not decide, who I wanted most to win, and would have been stoked either way, seeing as they have been my favorite gals from the start of top 20 (along with the stunning, and all-too-soon ousted Jasmine Mason).
    All in all I’ve truly enjoyed this season – much more so than last season, which I found a tad lackluster – so many high points, dancers and personalities. Remains my fave reality program out there

45. BLANK SLATE says:

Jasmine was amazing and captivating. Amy giggled a lot. That’s how I knew Amy was going to be the “favorite.”‘ I could watch BLURRED LINES and the GIRLS RULE routine over and over. Challenging , creative, complex and so artfully danced. Jasmine is by far the dancer to watch. Another dead give away that Amy was going to win? Fik-shun winning. Come on. Please. He’s the best like I’m the best. That was all so wrong.

• Kate B says:

Really? I thought they were great routines but Jasmine was totally out-danced in both by the all-stars. Marko and Comfort just had so much more fluidity in their movements. To me, Jasmine was so jerky in Girl Rule whereas Comfort made it look effortless. I think that the only real way to compare the top four is to have them all dance the same routine. (so same routine four times with same all-stars) Otherwise for the top four, it becomes a lottery of who has the best last week. I think Amy really deserve to win but we’ve seen it in previous years, a dancer comes from behind in the numbers to win it on the strength of a great routine in the last week. Jeanine Mason had a fabulously choreographed Paso Doble in the last week and it definitely gave her lots and lots of votes. Not saying she wasn’t a good winner but she also had great luck in drawing that dance.

• Blank Slate says:

Must disagree with your assessment but… that’s why there’s the voting button. Thought Jasmine had it all: looks, grace, style, skill, passion. She danced her heart and soul onto the floor. Amy was a cutie pie who is used to winning for the best in the little insular bunch,not against true dancing mavens.

Oh well. Good luck to them all.

46. ChrissieK says:

Oh Boo Hoo Aaron and Jasmine didn’t win…Amy and Fik were the most popular…and I wish September 11th hadn’t happened 12 years ago.

47. Robin says:

Blurred lines was great but I couldn’t take my eyes off Marko. He was so much better than Jasmine – both times.

48. Karen says:

Mostly great routines last night, but were of course missing a few: ANYTHING Jasmine/Aaron (The Giving Tree, Bottom of the River, Gold Rush??!! They were all pretty spectacular), Fik-Shun & Amy’s very first routine ‘Elsa’, Hayley’s argentine tango (granted with Leonardo), and most of all the top 10 girls ‘Let’s Have Kiki’.

49. Laura says:

I think that the judges made a mistake a few weeks ago when they sent Tucker home instead of Fik-shun…yes, he has great personality but based on the performances he gave (his contemporary pieces and his ballroom) I thought that he should have gone home. I was really sad that Aaron didn’t win, he was the most consistent male dancer in the finale…I know that he will do great things…I think Broadway is in his future for sure!

50. rissa says:

I had to rewatch the rock lobster performance to see what you meant about them obscuring his abs. I laughed HYSTERICALLY throughout the entire performance because of it. Brilliant.