UPDATED Ratings: Mistresses Dips With Finale, Million Second Quiz Starts Solidly

Ratings Mistresses FinaleWith some Monday Night Football preemptions now factored out, ABC’s Mistresses finale drew 3.9 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, per Nielsen finals — dipping 5 percent and two tenths week-to-week.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s Mistresses Finale Recap: From Here to Paternity

NBC’s Million Second Quiz, despite lacking a critical hyphen in its name and despite experiencing “server error” snafus, opened with 6.5 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating — winning the hour, improving on American Ninja Warrior‘s week-ago 8 o’clock audience by some 20 percent while on par in the demo, and scoring the Peacock’s best numbers in the time slot since some June 24 Stanley Cup action.

ANW led out of that with 5.3 mil and a 1.6, down two tenths, while Siberia (2 mil/0.7) was flat.

The penultimate episode of The CW’s Breaking Pointe Season 2 held steady at 480K/0.2. But: Rexison!

RELATED | Under the Dome Recap: Guilty? Please.

CBS’ Under the Dome was delayed by U.S. Open tennis overflow, so no worthy numbers to share on that front just yet.

1. Looking forward to that “ABC renews Mistresses for a season two” article after those ratings.

2. wrstlgirl says:

Yeah, Mistresses deserves a second season. The show came as a surprise for me, I wasn’t expecting much but I became completely invested in these ladies turmoil :-) I would hate to not see how that finale’ turns out.

3. Babar says:

1.7 and 6.5 million is “solid” for TMSQ.

4. shuayb says:

It would be a shocker to me if ABC announces a second season. Not because the show isn’t good, its just that female driven dramas NEVER do well on ABC. Paul Lee has something against it or something… I hope we get a season 2, only because I need to know that my prediction for Karen et al comes through.
    I think that the son gets shot, possibly dies and Mrs. Grey looses it.
    Savvie will survive, baby will die and she will have to choose between Harry and Dom.

• wrstlgirl says:

In my mind Savvie already chose Harry, that’s why she was driving home in the first place. Baby will survive and they will stay together and have to deal with Dom the biological dad, lol!!!

• the girl says:

Female driven dramas are actually doing very well on ABC. Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Private Practice, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Nashville… these are all “female driven dramas” that did/are doing well. Or maybe you meant something different by “female driven”.

• Casa-o says:

I just told a friend this same thing at work! Cashmere Mafia, Eastwick, Womens Murder Club all great shows based on women, all canceled before their time because some honcho at ABC has mommy issues.

• Ms. B. J. says:

Good theory! I like it. I have enjoyed this show and certainly hope it is renewed. I only hope that if the son gets shot that he survives. However, I think it is going to be the mom.

5. Flye boy 101 says:

I did not get the purpose of Million Second Quiz…stopped watching it.

6. Elyse says:

I didn’t know Tennis went over and I didn’t record over for Under the Dome!!!!!! noooooooo!!!

• wrstlgirl says:

It wasn’t delayed in my area so you may be okay. If not try to see if you can find a repeat/or online because it was a great episode and sets up next week very well.

• Elyse says:

I went back and looked at the Facebook page for my local CBS and its definitely delayed but it looks like the episode is on CBS.com so I should be good. if not I might have a mental breakdown! I love UTD!!!

• K says:

It is on cbs.com to watch. It was delayed in my area and only recorded half the episode. Watched the other half today at lunchtime on cbs.com

7. Boiler says:

Too bad the quiz show did well

8. David4 says:

MSQ was a horrible mess, i can’t wait to see how it drops over the next several days.

9. Chablis says:

I liked MSQ but I like game shows. When they got to the questions things moved fast. I know a lot of people don’t like Ryan but thought he did well.

10. cathyann says:

I love love love this show Mistresses!! Can hardly wait for season two, three four and five!!!!!! Love those actresses !!!

11. Robin says:

Uh oh I didn’t realize the Under the Dome was running late because of tennis…this probably means my dvr didn’t record all of it! I best be able to get it online at NBC.com….stupid sports messing up everything!

12. Bell says:

Geez week to week and mistresses still can’t keep a consistent audience! That’s a huge drop from last weeks high, which might have even been a fluke at this point. Viewership dips before the finale, and below the rate it premiered? I hope it’s canned so something better can come along. I’m more than done with that show.

13. SK says:

ABC should renew Mistresses. It’s a very good summer show. I think the ratings would have been higher if it’s wasn’t shown at 2:05 am in the East Coast!! I wasn’t going to stay up late for it. I had to watch next day on abc.com.
    Under the Dome, I still haven’t been able to watch because of tennis. That’s 2 sports that preempted my shows – tennis and football. Grrr…

14. Nikki says:

A season 2 is a MUST. I’m really enjoying this show. ABC must bring back Mistresses.