UPDATED Ratings: Mistresses Dips With Finale, Million Second Quiz Starts Solidly

Get More: Finales, News, Premieres, Ratings

Ratings Mistresses FinaleWith some Monday Night Football preemptions now factored out, ABC’s Mistresses finale drew 3.9 million total viewers and a 1.1 rating, per Nielsen finals – dipping 5 percent and two tenths week-to-week.

RELATED | Michael Slezak’s Mistresses Finale Recap: From Here to Paternity

NBC’s Million Second Quiz, despite lacking a critical hyphen in its name and despite experiencing “server error” snafus, opened with 6.5 million total viewers and a 1.7 rating — winning the hour, improving on American Ninja Warrior‘s week-ago 8 o’clock audience by some 20 percent while on par in the demo, and scoring the Peacock’s best numbers in the time slot since some June 24 Stanley Cup action.

ANW led out of that with 5.3 mil and a 1.6, down two tenths, while Siberia (2 mil/0.7) was flat.

The penultimate episode of The CW’s Breaking Pointe Season 2 held steady at 480K/0.2. But: Rexison!

RELATED | Under the Dome Recap: Guilty? Please.

CBS’ Under the Dome was delayed by U.S. Open tennis overflow, so no worthy numbers to share on that front just yet.

Comments (24)

• Looking forward to that “ABC renews Mistresses for a season two” article after those ratings.

Comment by Jarrod Mitchell (@Jarry9493) – September 10, 2013 08:51 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Great show! Looking forward to next season and hopefully at earlier slot.

Comment by Mary wade – September 17, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, Mistresses deserves a second season. The show came as a surprise for me, I wasn’t expecting much but I became completely invested in these ladies turmoil :-) I would hate to not see how that finale’ turns out.

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 10, 2013 08:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • 1.7 and 6.5 million is “solid” for TMSQ.

Comment by Babar – September 10, 2013 09:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It would be a shocker to me if ABC announces a second season. Not because the show isn’t good, its just that female driven dramas NEVER do well on ABC. Paul Lee has something against it or something… I hope we get a season 2, only because I need to know that my prediction for Karen et al comes through.
    I think that the son gets shot, possibly dies and Mrs. Grey looses it.
    Savvie will survive, baby will die and she will have to choose between Harry and Dom.

Comment by shuayb – September 10, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In my mind Savvie already chose Harry, that’s why she was driving home in the first place. Baby will survive and they will stay together and have to deal with Dom the biological dad, lol!!!

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 10, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I agree. Savvie’s baby survives the crash and Savvie’s marriage to Harry also survives.

Comment by Janet – September 23, 2013 06:57 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Female driven dramas are actually doing very well on ABC. Grey’s Anatomy, Scandal, Private Practice, Once Upon a Time, Revenge, Nashville… these are all “female driven dramas” that did/are doing well. Or maybe you meant something different by “female driven”.

Comment by the girl – September 10, 2013 10:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • What I meant was ensemble female driven casts. Eastwick, Cashmere Mafia to name a few….

Comment by shuayb – September 10, 2013 12:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I just told a friend this same thing at work! Cashmere Mafia, Eastwick, Womens Murder Club all great shows based on women, all canceled before their time because some honcho at ABC has mommy issues.

Comment by Casa-o – September 11, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Good theory! I like it. I have enjoyed this show and certainly hope it is renewed. I only hope that if the son gets shot that he survives. However, I think it is going to be the mom.

Comment by Ms. B. J. – September 18, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I did not get the purpose of Million Second Quiz…stopped watching it.

Comment by Flye boy 101 – September 10, 2013 09:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t know Tennis went over and I didn’t record over for Under the Dome!!!!!! noooooooo!!!

Comment by Elyse – September 10, 2013 09:12 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It wasn’t delayed in my area so you may be okay. If not try to see if you can find a repeat/or online because it was a great episode and sets up next week very well.

Comment by wrstlgirl – September 10, 2013 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I went back and looked at the Facebook page for my local CBS and its definitely delayed but it looks like the episode is on CBS.com so I should be good. if not I might have a mental breakdown! I love UTD!!!

Comment by Elyse – September 10, 2013 09:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is on cbs.com to watch. It was delayed in my area and only recorded half the episode. Watched the other half today at lunchtime on cbs.com

Comment by K – September 10, 2013 12:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Too bad the quiz show did well

Comment by Boiler – September 10, 2013 09:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MSQ was a horrible mess, i can’t wait to see how it drops over the next several days.

Comment by David4 – September 10, 2013 10:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I liked MSQ but I like game shows. When they got to the questions things moved fast. I know a lot of people don’t like Ryan but thought he did well.

Comment by Chablis – September 10, 2013 10:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love love love this show Mistresses!! Can hardly wait for season two, three four and five!!!!!! Love those actresses !!!

Comment by cathyann – September 10, 2013 11:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Uh oh I didn’t realize the Under the Dome was running late because of tennis…this probably means my dvr didn’t record all of it! I best be able to get it online at NBC.com….stupid sports messing up everything!

Comment by Robin – September 10, 2013 03:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Geez week to week and mistresses still can’t keep a consistent audience! That’s a huge drop from last weeks high, which might have even been a fluke at this point. Viewership dips before the finale, and below the rate it premiered? I hope it’s canned so something better can come along. I’m more than done with that show.

Comment by Bell – September 10, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC should renew Mistresses. It’s a very good summer show. I think the ratings would have been higher if it’s wasn’t shown at 2:05 am in the East Coast!! I wasn’t going to stay up late for it. I had to watch next day on abc.com.
    Under the Dome, I still haven’t been able to watch because of tennis. That’s 2 sports that preempted my shows – tennis and football. Grrr…

Comment by SK – September 11, 2013 12:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A season 2 is a MUST. I’m really enjoying this show. ABC must bring back Mistresses.

Comment by Nikki – September 12, 2013 07:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post