Michelle Monaghan to Tempt Anna Torv in Ryan Murphy's Sexy Open Pilot for HBO

Open Pilot Michelle MonaghanSparks will be flying between two leading ladies in Ryan Murphy’s sex-and-relationships pilot Open.

Film actress Michelle Monaghan (Source Code, Gone Baby Gone) has joined the cast of the HBO project as Grace, a gynecologist who has an instant connection with Windsor, a yoga instructor played by Fringe‘s Anna Torv, reports Deadline.

There’s just two problems: Windsor is in a longterm relationship with Holly (Jennifer Jason Leigh), and Grace is engaged — to a man.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on 45 Returning Faves

Monaghan — who can be seen in the upcoming HBO limited series True Detective — rounds out an ensemble that also includes Scott Speedman (as Grace’s fiancé) and Wes Bentley (as the good-looking but arrogant Evan).

The provocative script was penned by Murphy and Dexter co-executive producer Lauren Gussis.

1. Eric says:

This cast keeps getting more and more amazing. I’m definitely willing to give this show a chance, especially with HBO’s track record.

2. Deb Saine says:

“There’s just two problems” – no, actually, three and the first one has nothing to do with hbo’s new show. it has to do with your sentence. it’s “there ARE just two problems,” not “there IS …”

• B says:

Honestly not too bad of an error. That’s like, what?, middle school grammar? At least they got that far. You seem to have missed the kindergarten lesson where sentences start with capital letters.

3. She’s no Shelley Conn, but she’ll do. She’s gorgeous.

4. Superhero says:

Okay, seriously: I have hated everything that I’ve ever seen from Ryan Murphy, so it stands to reason that I’d hate this one too. And yet, it’s going to have Michelle Monaghan and Anna Torv doing lesbian things…

To watch or not to watch? This is a dilemma of epic proportions.

• Cesar88 says:

They just begging to suck after a while, Ryan Murphy brings provocative and innovate new ideas to television but is just to lazy to plan ahead of 12 episodes each show. After that the characters become caricatures.

5. Cherry says:

Yes. Anna Torv and Michelle will be the hottest couple on TV.

6. rebecca says:

i can’t stand ryan murphy… but this looks really good.

7. Pumpkinbabies says:

I hope Anna’s stupid show doesn’t get picked up. Lets see whose the weakest link.

• Why? Are you so delusional you think that Josh and Anna are in some sort of a competition between Showtime and HBO? I hope the series gets picked up, and I hope Anna gets Emmy recognition.

• Pumpkinbabies says:

And I hope Josh’s show gets picked up and he gets Emmy recognition so he can shove it up Anna’s butt. Josh has been disrespected cause of her. So hopefully his show will get picked up so he won’t ever be called the weakest link.

Michelle Williams did that and she is the Oscar nominated actress. She was ignored on Dawson’s Creek and look at her now.

So I hope John, Anna and their fanbase just suck it cause josh will show he isn’t the weakest link.

8. R.O.B. says:

LOL. Something something something… something something… something something some other things… something something Anna Torv making out with another woman… something something…

9. Naomi says:

I just hope that they don’t use the lesbian relationship as just ‘oh look, lesbians, sexy!’. As a lesbian myself, i’m tired of it. I’d like to see this handled realistically, and judging how Ryan Murphy has portrayed gay characters in the past, i think he might do a good job. Again, i just hope they’re not just used as titillation, because if so, then they’ll have lost a viewer.

• ML says:

I hope so too but isn’t that what Ryan Murphy usually does? I’ve only seen AHS’s 2nd season so I can’t really judge his work but just based on what I hear about his shows I”m a little nervous.
      I’m a big fan of Anna and want the best for her. Hopefully, this is another strong role and show for her.
      MIchelle’s a good choice. I’ve liked the couple of movies I’ve seen her in.

• I’ve not seen any of her films if i’m honest. He does usually do a good job with gay characters, i mean his portrayal of Lana in Asylum was amazing, and Santana on Glee is really well done. It’s just because a lot of people on here were talking about how they’ll watch it now because of a sexy lesbian, it pisses me off haha. I am looking forward to watching it though. Like i said, so long as it’s not just used for sex appeal, i’ll watch the show, and probably enjoy it.

10. Hera says:

When exactly are they filming this? Michelle is heavily pregnant at the moment.