The nominees for Outstanding Guest Actress in a Drama Series have some of the classiest pedigrees in all of the 2013 Emmy races. Consider these stats:
* The Americans‘ Margo Martindale took home the 2011 trophy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Drama Series for Justified.
* The Newsroom‘s Jane Fonda won the Emmy for Outstanding Lead Actress in a Limited Series or a Special in 1984 (for The Dollmaker), to go along with her seven Oscar nods (including two wins).
* Game of Thrones‘ Diana Rigg won the Emmy for Outstanding Supporting Actress in a Miniseries or a Special in 1997 (for Rebecca) — in addition to snagging four other prior nominations.
* Shameless‘ Joan Cusack has two prior Emmy nominations (and two Oscar nominations to bookend ‘em).
* And while The Good Wife‘s Carrie Preston and Mad Men‘s Linda Cardellini are first-timers at the Emmy dance, the former’s 2010 SAG nomination (as part of True Blood‘s ensemble cast) and the latter’s 2013 Independent Spirit Award nod (as Best Female Lead in Return) and 2006 SAG Award nomination aren’t too shabby either.
What would you do if you had the power to honor one of these fine actors when the Emmys are handed out? Take our poll below to vote for your favorite — TVLine voting closes Sept. 20, so act now! — then hit the comments to justify your pick!
Tomorrow, we’ll launch another “Who Should Win?” Emmy poll, so come back to TVLine.com every day to weigh in on who’s most worthy of TV’s biggest honor. And to stay up to speed on all our Emmy polls, follow me on Twitter @MichaelSlezakTV!