The Voice: Cher to Mentor Blake Shelton's Team

Cher The Voice AdvisorCher‘s message to Blake Shelton: I got you, babe.

The Grammy winning singing icon has joined The Voice Season 5 as the country crooner’s team advisor during the Battle Rounds, Yahoo! Music reported on Monday.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on NBC’s Revolution and 44 Other Returning Faves

Cher of course performed on the NBC singing competition’s live Season 4 finale in June. Plus, Shelton — a three-time winner on The Voice — has said that his late father was one of Cher’s hugest fans, thus it was a “real big deal” to meet her at the finale.

Advising the other teams for Season 5 will be Ed Sheeran (Team Christina Aguilera), OneRepublic’s Ryan Tedder (mentoring Adam Levine’s contestants) and Miguel (counseling Team Cee Lo).

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

The Voice returns Monday, Sept. 23 at 8/7c.

1. Eric7740 says:

Heck yes!!! CHER!!!

• JCK says:

Yaay! CHER! I’d love to see her as a judge but as a mentor will do. Charting every decade since the 60’s, no BS, and real talent! Perfect!

2. Alienate says:

Yikes! Other than Cher, those mentors do not get me excited.

3. Tammy says:

I think Ryan Tedder might be the best mentor of the bunch. I just think singer/songwriters/producers/etc. make for better mentors. Ryan has worked with various artist and just might have a little more insight than say Cher! Cher might be more entertaining hanging out with Blake. Will he share his special latte with her?

4. Steven says:

Just when I think I’m out The Voice drags me back in.

5. Steve says:

Why is this news ? Cher was announced a long time ago. Its Idol (and XF) that cant get anyone these days

• Sami says:

We knew about Ed Sheeran ages ago and the others must have been known too. This is just the official confirmation from NBC.
      And yes, it’s interesting to see how The Voice seems to have no trouble landing ‘names’ but esp. XF simply can’t!

6. shar says:

OMG, I am so excited. I love Cher, and I love Blake. This will be great.

7. DavidSask says:

Ryan knows what he is doing as has done show overseas. I hope Cher can bring it constructive wise but at least she will be entertaining!

8. Marie says:

When I first looked at the picture, I thought Blake was giving her Bunny ears.

9. True says:

You would think Cher would mentor Christina team since have a history together from that crappie movie they did but Cher a pop singer mentor Blake Shelton country artist team. I Know Blake doesn’t just have country artist on his team but do they even know each other beside meeting during last year finale? Interesting