What to Watch Monday: Mistresses Finale, Million Second Quiz Gets Ticking, MNF Kickoff and More

million-second-quiz-300On TV this Monday: It’s go time for The Million Second Quiz, tough decisions face the Mistresses, Monday Night Football kicks off and those Under the Dome go hunting. Here are 10 programs to keep on your radar.

7 pm Monday Night Football (ESPN) | Season 44 premiere: The Washington Redskins host the Philadelphia Eagles. (Note: A second game — Houston at San Diego — will air at 10:20.)

RELATEDFall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop and Photos on 45 Returning Favorites!

8 pm The Million Second Quiz (NBC) | Series premiere: In this live game show, contestants battle each other in intense bouts of trivia for 12 consecutive days and nights from an hourglass-shaped structure in New York City. American Idol emcee Ryan Seacrest hosts.

8 pm Exploding Sun (Reelz) | Miniseries premiere: A spaceship filled with passengers is blown off course by a massive solar storm that threatens to destroy Earth. David James Elliott (JAG) and Anthony Lemke (Canada’s Queen of Swords) star.

8:30 pm Crash & Bernstein (Disney XD) | Season finale: Wyatt saves Crash from a Build-a-Bestie doll recall…. but not without consequences. (Season 2 premieres Oct. 7.)

RELATEDFall TV 2013: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

9 pm Mistresses (ABC) | Season finale: April makes a decision about the men in her life, and Elizabeth and Karen have a final showdown. (Not yet renewed; get scoop from Alyssa Milano.)

9 pm American Ninja Warrior (NBC) | The top finishers from the regional finals tackle a four-stage course modeled after the Mount Midoriyama obstacle in Japan.

9 pm Breaking Pointe (CW) | Allison gets closer still to Rex as Cinderella approaches closing night; Adam throws a party for the dancers. (And nothing disastrous ever happens at parties… right?)

RELATEDFall TV Grid: What’s on When? And Versus What?

10 pm Under the Dome (CBS) | The hunt for Barbie continues, while Norrie and Joe look for a new place to hide the mini-dome.

10 pm Diners, Drive-Ins and Dives (Food Network) | Guy Fieri tracks down the culinary gems of San Francisco.

10 pm Siberia (NBC) | Neeko, Miljan and Sabina are abducted by a hostile local tribe and make a surprising discovery at natives’ camp.

COMING NEXT MONDAY: Dancing With the Stars and Bones return, Sleepy Hollow premieres!

Hit the comments with your must-see picks from tonight’s lineup!

Comments (20)

• Mistresses, unfortunately, is not showing until 2:05a! I guess that’s just in the East Coast due to Monday Night Football? I don’t know but I will not be staying up for that. Too bad since it’s the finale.
    Under the Dome

Comment by SK – September 9, 2013 04:34 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I live on the east coast and mistresse is on abc at nine .mnf is on espn so it wont be on at 2 am

Comment by ollie – September 9, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I get two ABC channels. The Philly one is showing MNF the other is not.

Comment by Piedmont – September 9, 2013 02:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Mistresses timing must depend on the locale.
      I’m on the East Coast and Mistresses is at 9 PM and MNF is on ESPN.

Comment by Whatever – September 9, 2013 11:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the reminder at the end for the shows that are returning next week

Comment by Dave – September 9, 2013 04:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Under The Dome for sure! It’s funny, I started watching that show thinking it was a totally dumb concept and I was probably going to hate it and now I’m hooked!

Comment by Drew – September 9, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m from the East Coast and my ABC affiliate will be airing MNF instead of Mistresses which will air late night at 2:05am.

Comment by Jared – September 9, 2013 07:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hence, I will not be able to watch live since I have to get up at 6a for work.

Comment by SK – September 9, 2013 08:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess I’ll wait two more weeks before The Blacklist premieres and I’m always hooked on that but next Monday I’ll try my best to tune in for the debut of Sleepy Hollow on Fox.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – September 9, 2013 07:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Check out The Million Second Quiz and watch the new episode of Under The Dome.

Comment by Joey – September 9, 2013 07:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresess ,Breaking Pointe

Comment by Brandy – September 9, 2013 07:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses!!!

Comment by Eric7740 – September 9, 2013 07:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have a question about Tuesday’s shows. The president is going to speak at some point about illegally invading a country. How with that with with AGT and SYTYCD?

Comment by David4 – September 9, 2013 07:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Misstresses and Under the Dome for me :)

Comment by Elyse – September 9, 2013 09:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Ninja Warrior (Mistresses later)
    Under the Dome

Comment by KD – September 9, 2013 09:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Under the Dome for me tonight

Comment by Justin – September 9, 2013 10:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • American Ninja Warrior, Mistresses, and probably some of MNF.

Comment by G – September 9, 2013 11:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Isn’t there a presidential address cancelling some programs?

Comment by DavidSask – September 9, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It must be a slow TV night if Guy Fieri’s show is listed here!

Comment by HAP – September 9, 2013 01:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • East coast has pre- empted Million Second Quiz and Under the Domw- WTW?

Comment by Susan – September 9, 2013 07:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post