Bones Wedding Date Exclusive: Booth and Brennan Will Get Hitched In [Spoiler]

Get More: Exclusive, Spoilers

Bones Season 9 WeddingLast month, Bones creator Hart Hanson promised that Booth and Brennan’s Season 9 nuptials “will happen in a way you don’t expect and [at] a time you don’t expect.”

He wasn’t kidding about the second half of that statement.

TVLine has learned exclusively that the venerable Fox drama will defy TV convention and not make fans wait until the end of the season to see Booth and Brennan get hitched. No, the ceremony will take place sooner rather than later. Much sooner.

As in: It’s shooting this week.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusives Scoop on Bones, Plus 44 Other Returning Favorites

Bones insiders confirm that wedding episode is currently in production and is slated to air later this fall. And all indications are that it will be an affair to remember.

“We’ve been waiting over eight years for this, and we really want to deliver the wedding that everybody hopes for,” exec producer Stephen Nathan recently told TVLine. “It’s our intention that when [viewers] get an invitation, it’s well worth wearing a clean suit and buying a nice gift.”

Tags: ,

Comments (45)

• I’m FREAKING OUT!!!

Comment by madbengalsfan85 – September 9, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Yes! It’s fantastic news, eight/nine years in the making…really looking forward to it and what comes after. WOOT!

Comment by Jess – September 9, 2013 04:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVE THIS PROGRAM AND WATCHED IT LAST NIGHT IT HAD ME IN TEARS TO SEE BONES CRY WHEN BOOTH TOLD HER THE WEDDING WAS OFF, BUT HE IS ONLY TRYING TO PROTECT OTHERS FROM BE SHOT, HE DOES LOVE HER AND SHE IS SO GOOD IN HER PART AS WELL. I WILL KEEP WATCHING ALL OF THE RERUNS AND THE NEW ONE COMING UP.

Comment by Saundra Burkhart – September 10, 2013 10:07 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I thought I’ve seen every episode of BONES more than once. When was that episode on????? I don’t remember anything like that. Didn’t know they had a date and it was postponed.

Comment by Rosalie McGough – September 10, 2013 09:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • That was The Secret in the Siege, the season finale last year….Brennan proposed, Booth accepted and then Pelant forced Booth to take it back or he would kill 5 innocent people.

Comment by NatesMama – September 10, 2013 09:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Totally love this, but the premiere is now absolutely anti-climatic. Can’t wait.

Comment by July Lark – September 9, 2013 03:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Did you forget the threat Palent made against Booth, telling him not to marry Bones? This wedding is not going to be all lovey-dovey and flowers and perfection, and Temperance refusing to wear a veil, or a white dress.

Comment by Rachel – September 10, 2013 10:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am very excited about this–we sure have waited a loong time for this! They’d better make it an outstanding episode!

Comment by Robin – September 9, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Looking at the guest list this episode must be costing them a fortune!!!!! I can’t wait!!

Comment by 206episodesofBones – September 9, 2013 03:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Booth is a chump who never deserved Brennan. He is pompous, vaguely bigoted, and seems to try to force his belief system down everyone’s (particularly Brennan’s) throat. I really never cared for him.

Comment by Zach – September 9, 2013 03:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You sound like Zach from the show.

Comment by David4 – September 9, 2013 03:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Why do you have to be such an frakking killjoy on a post about B&B wedding…they are getting married ..DEAL WITH IT.

Comment by lucy – September 9, 2013 04:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • This “Zack” poster likes to post crap about Booth in nearly every Bones article…it’s his favorite bitter party hobby…if I could block his posts from my view I would…Move on Zack…yawn.

Comment by Jess – September 9, 2013 04:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • oh for effsake Brennan has many many FAULTS too…she is lucky to find Booth who accepts her imperfections just like she does with his…GEESH

Comment by anon – September 9, 2013 04:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I figured it was starting to shoot soon, but I didn’t realize it was this soon! And Tumblr said that “Hot Blooded” should be their first dance and now I desperately want it, especially since it is their song.

Comment by Lynn – September 9, 2013 03:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ve been a Bones fan since the start, but I somehow I don’t really get hyped up with Bones and Booth being together. They already have child, a house, and live together. They also work together. What is so special with them getting married? I don’t care how ‘emotional’ they made Bones the last season, I’m pretty sure she still doesn’t think much of the traditional marriage.

Comment by Shaun Ed – September 9, 2013 05:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • In the real world people’s minds really do change over time on any number of things. We’re not born with our opinions like our skin color. Opinions are learned and modified as we go through life. Half the guys I know swore they’d never get married and just play the field. Most of them are now married with kids. Even Bones understands evolution. :)

Comment by Badpenny – September 9, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sorry Shaun, My response was supposed to go to Zach, not you.

Comment by July Lark – September 9, 2013 05:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG, what is wrong with this poster. Get over it, they love each other, they have a child together and have built a family. It’s not important what you or the squints or their family thinks, it’s their life, fictional as it is, not yours, go harass some other fandome. Our time has finally come. Woohoo!!

Comment by July Lark – September 9, 2013 05:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How long will BONES ever going to end? Season Nine hasn’t begun until next Monday for crying out loud.

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – September 9, 2013 05:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I would bet good money this is last season!

Comment by Dee – September 11, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Bones will be on for another 9 years, why do you care Jack Bauer 2.0, stop bashing us, go find your own show, we are freaking excited….hopefully everything we ever wanted is coming….ok, for some of us it is, stop raining our own parade.

Comment by Catherine – September 9, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Stop being such a wannabe TV critic and mind your own business, Catherine. Guess you don’t watch 24 that much are you?

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – September 9, 2013 07:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am super excited for a bones wedding. I have been a bones fan from the pilot episode on. I hope that “Pelant” comes back just so that booth can end him, he has been a thorn in booth and brennans sides for way to long.

Comment by sam daskalos – September 9, 2013 06:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Pelent Has Been A Thorn In Their Sides For Far Two Long Indeed. No Villain Has Lasted As Long As He Has On Any Show.

Comment by David Cashell – September 10, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Red John on Mentalist–every season.

Comment by Dee – September 11, 2013 08:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Late fall, as in sweeps!

Yep I’m shocked, shocked I tell ya. Never would have guessed the biggest event of the season would be in sweeps. Nope never would have guessed…

Comment by Len – September 9, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nope…wedding’s airing in October (21st if my math is right, they’re airing 6 episodes before hiatus). Honeymoon will be in November Sweeps but not the actual wedding. Besides these episodes are usually end of season affairs

Comment by Kwapple – September 9, 2013 11:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Should be fun. Pelant getting it with a wedding cake knife?

Comment by John – September 9, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • would have loved if it would be in the last few min of the premier next week lol screw paleant they will get him in ep 2

Comment by david – September 9, 2013 07:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ts about time. And to pick a marriage in football season. Your lucky your on Friday Kara

Comment by Kara – September 10, 2013 07:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Bones will still be airing on Mondays when the wedding airs. It’s not slated to move to Fridays until after the baseball playoffs, probably early November.

Comment by NatesMama – September 10, 2013 10:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • There’s High School football on Fridays…..

Comment by John – September 10, 2013 10:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know she’s not conventional but for once could she be with a white wedding gown and the whole enchilada….PLEASE

Comment by Sandra Wambsganss – September 10, 2013 10:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • thank you for the heads up I will be there for the big day

Comment by Louise – September 10, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The only thing that would make this better, is if Zach was back for the episode, or for the rest of the series for that matter.

Comment by TV God – September 10, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yessss!

Comment by Bonnita Pleisch – September 10, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg would be epic if zach returned! Miss him a lot!

Comment by deathpixierose69 – September 10, 2013 03:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cant wait I even wrote a text in school about how my favorite thing to do is watch bones omg best show ever create so excited for monday next week ahhh and so excited for the wedding I LOVE BONES!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by malou – September 10, 2013 03:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yay!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’ve been waiting nine years for this!!!!!!!! Can’t wait!!!!!!!!!

Seriously, too many shows think they have to break up their signature couple or end it with them NOT together for some ridiculous reason. Bones is a humorous procedural. There’s no reason to torture fans by dragging this out endlessly until we’re all dissatisfied. I’m thrilled that the show isn’t trying to be something it’s not (tragic; sad; melodramatic), and is sticking with the momentum of this couple instead. THANK YOU HART HANSEN!!!!!!

Comment by Nevergreen – September 10, 2013 04:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Bones and Booth as a couple. Will love it if the wedding is conventional.

Comment by Nancy – September 11, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • let’s go already!!!!! :-)

Comment by Dave Lewis – September 11, 2013 11:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • aguardo ansiosa pela temporada 9, espero que haja casamento,eles fazem um lindo casal.
    essa é a melhor série da fox.

Comment by ERIKA TARCIA – September 11, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’ll believe it when I see it. Long time watcher and we’ve been yanked about before. S4 finale–oh, B&B will be in bed together, not a dream, not a fake… Oh really? *headdesk*

This season, imo, has the worst potential since Booth came back from Afghanistan & Brennan from Maluku. I’ll watch, but I’m bracing myself.

Comment by Dee – September 11, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like the show better when they weren’t together, the tension was almost too real, makes it so much more interesting because you want them to be together but something always come up. As if Rachel and Ross. They should be together by the end, makes everybody happy.

Comment by Dolltje – September 24, 2013 04:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post