Can Jeff Daniels Renew Bunheads? Did Runway's Crotch Shot Miss? Affairs Too Dark? And More Qs

Continuum_Season2_finaleWe’ve got questions, and you’ve (maybe) got answers! With another week of TV gone by, we’re lobbing queries left and right about shows including The Comedy Central Roast of James Franco, Covert Affairs, The Daily Show and Burn Notice!

1 | How, how, how will Continuum‘s Kiera possibly escape her season-ending dilemma? And wasn’t Young Alec acting a bit irrationally in co-opting the device to do his own selfish bit of time travel?

2 | Did Walt’s reference to “Beaver and What’s-His-Name” make you hope that Breaking Bad brings back Jesse’s stoner pals at least one more time before the series finale? Were you worried that Marie was going to say something in therapy that would compel her counselor to call the cops? And did you possibly predict that Hank had something to do with Jesse’s restraint in torching the Whites’ home?

3 | If you, like we did, got pulled into Monday’s Parks and Recreation marathon, have you by now nailed the pronunciation of the FX offshoot’s name — that it’s “FX, X” and not “FXX”?

4 | Did Roger Federer’s Labor Day loss to Tommy Robredo make you despair that we may never see a Federer-Rafael Nadal match at the U.S. Open?franco-roast-andy-samberg

5 | We get what Andy Samberg was trying to do during the James Franco Roast — and we applaud his ambition (and apparent reverence of Norm MacDonald) — but aside from Bill Hader, did anyone actually think the bit was funny? Also, where art thou, Lisa Lampanelli? Not the same without you.

RELATED | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on NCIS, Castle, New Girl, Vampire Diaries and 41 Other Returning Favorites

6 | Should Breaking Pointe‘s Allison send Jonathan to the curb for not coming to her opening night? (Answer: Hell yes!)

7 | While it was a bit ridiculous for Suits to let Donna, a secretary, fire Stephen, how good did it feel to watch that scene?

RELATED | Cable Renewal Scorecard: What’s Coming Back? What’s Been Cancelled?

Covert Affairs8 | Has Covert Affairs gotten too serious? Or are you enjoying the darker, season-long mission? And why is Annie so averse to donning the occasional disguise? (One quick glance in her direction and Calder would’ve been wise to the prisoner transfer before she even pulled away!) Also, doesn’t the CIA have high-tech gadgets that could see “inside” a wall to find Auggie’s safe? Lastly, whose voice does Teo’s remind us of? Maybe Demian Bichir’s…?

9 | Did the Daily Show scribes start planning the cold open to Jon Stewart’s return way back at the start of the summer, when he first began growing his beard? (Stewart’s noticeably darker complexion — a natural side effect of shooting a movie in the desert for three months? Or unnatural side effect of too much bronzer?) And dare we hope that the heavy use of interim host John Oliver in tandem with Stewart this week is a portent for the Brit to maybe nab a show of his own?

10 | Is there any chance that instead of Community getting Walton Goggins, Venus Van Damme shows up?

11 | While Jeff Daniels is feeling punchy and all, can he also announce renewals for Bunheads, The Lying Game and Happy Endings?

Dancing With the Stars Bill Nye12 | TVLine reader DreamRose311 asks: “Which Dancing With the Stars judge will be the first to call Bill Nye ‘The Dancing Guy’?” And does Showgirls star Elizabeth Berkley have an advantage? Or if you’ve seen Showgirls, is quite the opposite true?

13 | If you were in Elissa’s shoes on Big Brother, would you have been able to put personal feelings aside and vote to keep Amanda? And did it shock you to learn that Thursday’s double eviction was the series’ 500th episode?

RELATED | Burn Notice Series Finale Spoilers — Beloved Character Dies

14 | Was the intensity of Burn Notice‘s Michael/Sam slugfest dampened by the distraction of the obvious downpour it was filmed during (and which “vanished” a minute later)? And will you miss the show positioning Fi’s Hyundai as some elite sports car just because it is red?

15 | Wasn’t Graceland‘s Jakes a bit laissez-faire about the fact that Briggs killed (even “accidentally”) a fellow federal agent?

16 | Did it take Chloe getting shot on Rookie Blue — in a sequence superbly directed by star Gregory Smith, we must say — to make you realize how much you’ve actually come to like her? And who else was muttering, “Not Nick, not Nick, not Nick,” at the end of the episode?Project Runway

17 | OK, let’s overlook for a second the fact that Project Runway judge Heidi Klum somehow likes an unflattering drop-crotch pant. But how are they appropriate/safe for a workout ensemble challenge?! And didn’t Alexandria look like she was having none of Michael Kors’ sassy critique?

18 | The Chew audience has to be fabricating those scandalous anonymous confessions for shock/kicks, right? It’s not like anyone would know… (Or do you think the show is behind them?)

1. missindependent says:

Not nice baiting us with a possible Bunheads revival/renewal…

2. We were sad to see Elissa leave the BB house, but cannot believe she would actually give Amanda her wedding ring! It took guts to try to work with Amanda after that lunatic bully’s actions this summer. We hope that Amanda is sedated in the Jury House, and that Elissa gets a day at a spa.
    As for the Daily Show – I’d love to see a Friday night version of “The Daily Show with John Oliver” since Stewart does Monday – Thursday.

3. Deb Saine says:

rain has a tendency to stop and start on a dime in all kinds of places, florida included!!

4. CJ says:

7) That scene was fabulous. Donna is awesome.

8) I’m definitely digging this season of Covert Affairs. I think Annie wouldn’t have really needed a disguise for the prisoner transfer had Calder not gone above his clearance to find out where Eduardo was in the first place. And as far as Teo’s voice, that’s been bugging me! He sounds just like someone else and I can’t place it.

15) I was definitely a little surprised/concerned by Jakes’ response to Briggs’ confession and his resulting actions, but it makes me think there is a LOT more that we don’t know about Jakes’ past that the show can dig into should it be renewed.

5. LW says:

Don’t even joke about Bunheads. Seriously.., just don’t.

6. jen says:

I miss the lying game!!! Any chance another network could pick it up?? :(

7. Ashley says:

Drop crotch pants should be illegal!

• Poppy says:

OMG, those pants were hideous!

• Mary S says:

I cannot imagine that Heidi would really like that horrible drop-crotch design…and then it showed up a second time!!! Not only are they ugly, I don’t see how anyone could actually move in them, since the crotch ended at the knees, tying them together!
        On a different note: How is it possible that she seems to get more beautiful every year? And without a surgeon’s help! (if she did go to one, I want his name!) She is one of the very few women who really does improve with age; I am a woman and want to know what products she uses!
        There are reruns of one of the earliest seasons, which gave me the chance to compare the younger Heidi with the current one, and I am here to tell you she is more beautiful now than at any time I have ever seen her. There are several stars and former models who advertise skin care lines, but the one I WANT is the one Heidi uses. I am a woman, I am straight, and I don’t usually marvel at another woman’s looks or personality. But, if I were asked who I would love to be like, it would be Heidi.
        All the more reason for me to be seriously confused by her endorsement of those hideous pants!

8. Margaret says:

16. YES! I couldn’t believe it when I was watching it, but I kind of like her weirdness, and I like her & Dov together, they’re fun. Interesting to see Sam’s non-reaction to see Nick/Andy kiss then how surprised he was that she told Nick about what had happened with Marlo.

9. Linda says:

I think The CW should pick up Bunheads and put it on during the summer since their other ballet show sucks.

10. wordsmith says:

1) I’m still hoping that Alec will be able to go back and fix EVERYTHING that happened in the last two episodes, though that would sort of mean that Kiera never ends up in the Freelancers’ glass box in the first place, which might be a missed opportunity.

11. Katrinka says:

7) I double dog dare you to walk up to Donna & call her a “secretary.” If she doesn’t punch your lights out, Harvey will.

• Kim R says:

Excellent. :)

• Mary S says:

I loved that scene: not only did he take advantage of her, he was double-dealing with Harvey…AND he planned those murders. For Donna to be able to deliver the news that he had been fired was perfect: it allowed her to have the last word and also showed him the disdain that Harvey and Jessica have for him – he wasn’t even important enough for them to deliver the message. That was a double slap in the face for him and totally appropriate. I laughed out loud at the look on his face and on hers as she walked out on him.

12. Kathy says:

I would like Jeff Daniels to tell me that The Glades was getting the finale it deserves. Oh well. :(

13. Thea says:

I’d say Berkley, Bleu, Milian and Riley all have a bit of a leg up. But then again, the type of choreography they’ve done before wasn’t exactly ballroom.

14. K. says:

I’m interested in seeing Andys reaction to Sam being shot next week! Hoping she figures out she still loves him!

• wordsmith says:

I was a little bit disappointed that the teaser spoiled pretty much the ENTIRE episode. That said, I’m definitely excited to see it.

15. opus says:

On Suits, the scene with Donna was unrealistic but exceedingly fun to watch. The business with the cat was idiotic, however. The worst sequence on Suits ever.

• Kim R says:

I have to agree about the cat thing. It was too over the line for Suits and for Louis. He’s definitely quirky but he’s not an idiot.

16. Bobbi says:

Michael Kors is out of practice. I think he went too far with his “fat chick” comment. Not the funny, sassy Michael we’re used to.

• IMHO says:

17. I agree with you Bobbi, Michael was a bit out of practice the “fat chick” comment was not one of his best moments.
      However calling those disgusting drop crotch pants “poopy pants” was right on the money. Those pants are hideous.
      Not only was Heidi having a really bad fashion moment if someone did try to workout in the poopy pants they would break their legs .

17. Kim R says:

7. Loved Donna’s revenge.
    8. Covert Affairs is not as good for me this season. Not sure why. I do like Auggie and Annie together though. Fastest reconciliation in TV land? :)
    16. Rookie Blue was riveting. The shooting scene, Marlo walking around her sister’s apartment looking for the source of the noise,and the last few minutes when I was literally saying, not Nick, not Nick, not Nick. That morphed into not Oliver and then back into not Nick. So well done.
    18. The Chew audience has some ‘splainin’ to do. :)

• Jules says:

concerning 16, Rookie Blue, I was exactly the same, for the last minutes “not Nick, not Nick” then shortly “Not Oliver” and then back to Nick. I really hope, he won’t get hurt in the finale!

• Alice says:

I was totally going “Not Nick, not Nick, please not Nick.” Because I could see them doing that, but I don’t think they’d actually kill Oliver.

18. John says:

Donna firing was brilliant.

Covert Affairs – wondered the same thing myself as I watched the episode.

Any word on Longmire renewal/cancellation?

19. asta says:

8. I thought it was me! Not crazy about Auggie and Annie together because it will just be about breaking them up. Really want her to get together with the hunky Israeli guy in the end and they go off to retire in the South of France. Then it could be a series about how they can’t keep out of trouble in local intrigue.

• Julie says:

I’m several weeks behind on CA but I have agree with Annie and Eyal together. I really dislike Annie / Auggie. Great friendship but I just don’t see their chemistry. Maybe it’ll get better as I play catch up but right now I’d rather see her with hunky Israeli also.

20. Amanda says:

8. Sadly “Covert Affairs” has gotten way too dark for me. I stopped watching after the 2nd episode this season. I loved how it originally was with the lighter side and comical moments, Annie’s weekly missions, and Annie & Auggie’s build up. Season 3 was amazing and I loved it. I was hoping it’d go back to the earlier seasons style though. I was ok with the changes to “Burn Notice” but this just got way to dark and I miss how it was.

• Mel says:

Re Covert Affairs, that was exactly the episode I quit on. It used to have just enough humor and seriousness, then it just stopped being fun at all so I couldn’t watch it anymore. Also stopped watching Burn Notice. Hubby’s still watching and will let me know when we find out who burned Michael.

21. Brandy says:

6.Heck yes!

22. Rae says:

I agree with Amanda…I liked how season 1 & 2 were about weekly missions and then season 3 was amazing! I loved the long arc between Annie and Simon. I’ve always loved the chemistry between Annie and Eyal. I love Eyal and I loved how much he was in season 3. I like Annie and Auggie as a couple but I have to say that the long looks (from Annie, obviously) and the build up as a potential couple was so much better than them as an actual couple. I know I’m venting but I’ve been holding this in all season. I am a big Covert Affairs fan and I think season 4 is horrible. I like the Annie of seasons past when she acts confident and sexy. This season she is so introverted outside of a few scenes with Auggie and is not acting the same on her mission. I liked the simple formula of Joan saying we have a new mission for Annie and Auggie as her handler. I loved her calling Auggie from the mission to help with tech ops or to get her out of a pickle. That’s all I need from my Covert Affairs and some Eyal mixed in. Season 3 flowed perfectly from this simple formula of season 1 & 2. Season 4 is just terrible and I hate to say that but I am so disappointed. Perhaps, the production team decided that Joan and Arthur, the actors, needed more screen time but this story was the wrong way to go about that. Arthur having a secret son; Auggie being married and involved with another spy which sort of taints what he has with Annie; don’t get me started on Henry. This character, Henry, doesn’t even work for the CIA and how does he have this much pull?! How can he have this much power over everyone? This is just ridiculous! Like I said, I’ve kept this pent up! Bring back the old Covert Affairs!

• tjmack says:

To answer your Henry question, he used to have the same job that Arthur had before Arthur had it. He obviously made some connections with some very bad people. In fact, I think it was implied way back in season one that one of the reasons Henry stepped down from the position was because he was being thought to have been corrupt, which is how Arthur got that job.

I completely disagree, I love this season for many reasons. I agree the Arthur secret son thing isn’t a great storyline, and I’m hoping for some sort of pay off with that, but everything else going on is great. I love that the show has gone darker. I mean, this is the CIA, it isn’t all fun and games. There are dire consequences for screwing up in the spy world, so I think that the show if anything has taken a more realistic turn.

23. Mamacita says:

Me me me. Not Nick! Eek

24. HAP says:

I guess I’m in the minority regarding Covert Affairs. I think the show has become a first rate thriller. I especially like Annie’s developing into someone who can stand on her own, anywhere in the world.

If you like fluff, go watch Royal Pains, with its cardboard characters, continual Hamptons flyover shots, lame music, and soap opera plots.

• Michael says:

I have to agree. I LOVE this season of CA. I think the show being ‘dark’ is a more realistic approach to spy work – also it heightens the drama. The viewer really never knows what’s going to happen. It isn’t serialized like White Collar, which sadly has gotten very predictable in my opinion.

I really like how they’ve transitioned from the weekly missions to the season long arc, but I also wouldn’t mind a season long arc but a couple of eps that had a different mission. Kinda like Buffy, you had the Big Bad, but not every week was an episode that focused directly on the BB.

• Bella says:

I am loving this season. Was so disappointed the week before with them ending Auggie & Annie. Fingers crossed !!

25. Meredith says:

16| I liked Chloe more at the beginning of the season. Her recent nagging of Nick and Andy to try and make them admit their dating/sleeping together has been annoying and overkill for her character. But holy crap was I shocked when they brought in her husband! I too was chanting not Nick. And I’m kinda glad the spoiler for next week showed Nick was safe (maybe) so I’m not losing sleep.

26. Jacqi says:

6. Dump him and get back together with Rex.
    7. That scene was awesome
    8. Love Annie this season is Fantastic
    11. The Lying Game please or at least give us a proper ending and not a cliff-hanger.
    13. As much as i HATE to say it sticking with mccranda was elissas best move. More like I cant believe I have watched 500 episodes.

27. Winnie says:

#5 Yes, watching Andy Samberg immediately brought to mind the Norm MacDonald roasting style.

#17 Though I like Zac Posen, I’m always happy when Michael Kors returns. Some of his comments were similar to the ones I said as I watched.

28. Angela says:

#9: Not sure. Possibly. All I know is it’s so weird when Jon does grow a beard, and that I loved the little opening skit, it was cute. Good to see Jon back and doing well and getting right into the swing of things again.
    And as for the question about John Oliver, god, I hope so. That’d be great.

• Bob says:

He came back. He shaved a little bit of his beard and mustache off for each “door opening”, until he was finally clean shaven. They mixed it up by not showing them in chronological shaving order.

29. '74 Gator says:

#14: I didn’t see the episode but I wouldn’t complete discount that weather. A Florida squall can drench you one minute and then it’s bright, sunny skies the next.

30. Alichat says:

7) This is not the first time Suits has dived into the absurd, but this absurdity was so great to watch.

8) Thank you! I say that every episode. Doesn’t Annie own a wig….or a hat? It never occurs to her to wear a disguise? And regarding the safes, I was startled that Auggie didn’t think to grab that drive from his safe and send it with Annie before letting Calder in. And can Calder just die now? I find no redeeming qualities in this man…..and have no desire to see him anymore. He’s not entertaining, he’s not compelling.

14) I’m glad I wasn’t the only one who spotted the downpour. And as intense as that episode was, my brain went nuts afterward over plot issues. If Fiona wanted to get Maddie and Charlie out safely, why the big dramatic fire? Obviously, they snuck out the back of the house. Why not just do that, then meet up with Fi, and take off quietly. It could be hours before the guys out front realize they weren’t home. If you’re going to torch the house as a distraction, why come peeling out of there and let them know that you’re running off? Why not let them kick the door into the house, run in intent on saving Maddie and Charlie, and then drive off while they are engulfed in smoke? And why, after all these years, did Sam, Jesse, and Fi think it would just be so simple to grab Michael? Why weren’t Jesse or Fi following in a car behind them with a tranq gun just in case he figures it out and decides to run?

15) Yes….very. It made me wonder if Jakes is working with Briggs and knows he’s Odin.

31. Donna is not a secretary. SHE IS DONNA.

32. Stella says:

Actually Donna didn’t fire Stephen. She says Darby signed his pink slip already. Donna is just telling him that before Darby could talk to him. She just took the initiative to let him know but she didn’t actually fire him. Do you even pay attention when you watch?

33. BetsyDB says:

#7. Donna firing Stephen was superb! In fact any scene with her is a treat. I’m enjoying Suits more than I thought I would; the show is brilliant. Also, this is totally random but, Harvey and Donna are meant to be.

34. Francine says:

Can’t believe no one mentioned #10- YES to Goggins coming back on Sons of Anatchy! He was so fabulous (as he is in everything be does). Though I don’t think we’ll know when/if he’ll be back on that show and it’ll be a surprise.

35. Amy says:

LOL DWTS, the puns start now. I still watch Covert Affairs and I like it but I wouldn’t call it the same show. I like this version for different reasons and can understand why some fans are upset. There is very little that rings true to earlier seasons. No theme song, no family dynamic, Annie and Auggie barely work together (only on top secret stuff around Henry), Joan/Arthur story line is crazy with the secret son. I can appreciate a darker CIA show, it just does feel weird that it has Annie/Auggie at the center of it. PS lets get Annie some costumes a la Sydney Bristow.

36. Allison says:

16. I’ve always loved Chloe, so her getting shot didn’t change that. And no, I’m hoping Ford shoots Nick!! Can’t stand his character would love for him to be killed off.

37. Sarah says:

8. I think Annie getting shot will be the cliffhanger until the show picks up in October for the last set of episodes. There have been photos of Piper Perabo as a brunette, so possibly she will – as Teo hinted in the last episode – do some deep cover work. I’ve enjoyed this season but I’m still waiting for Eyal……and possibly Ben Mercer?!?!

16. Honestly it has taken me forever to warm up to Chloe, her surprise marriage threw me for a loop. “Not Nick” was the only thing I could say during that last sequence. Props to Gregory Smith, it was amazing. I’m surprised how much I love Nick and Andy, and though I’ve seen read a few spoilers about the finale, I hope they continue this storyline through next season.

17. I do miss sassy Michael Kors…though Zac Posen is great every week. Roberta the model looked flabbergasted at Karen. I feel bad that with the blind judging, a great model could be paired with a not great designer (Timothy, Karen) for one week, and lose her shot at the season end prize.

38. Plum says:

We need more Bunheads. The show had issues early on but it had really gelled and come truly good at the end.

39. sarah says:

7: He was already fired, Donna just got the pleasure of telling him

16: Yes I want Chloe to be fine and I was saying NOT NICK too!

40. DreamRose311 says:

Thank you for using my question!

41. Keesha says: