Nashville First Look: Rayna's Family and Frenemy Keep Vigil -- And Is Scarlett Eyeballin' Her Ex?

With Nashville‘s second season now less than three weeks away, ABC has released photos from the premiere — one of which at least suggests the outcome of a freshman cliffhanger.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Nashville and 44 Other Returning Faves

When last we tuned into country-fried sudser, Rayna’s behind-the-wheel tussle with an off-the-wagon Deacon resulted in a major car crash — which in turn has landed Ms. James in a coma. As such, both family and frenemy Juliette are on hand to pray for her awakening.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

Elsewhere, Gunnar had popped the question to Scarlett in the finale, but there was no guessing how she would respond, given the ups and downs they’d been through plus the fact that ex-love Avery seemed to have his act back together. Keep an eye out as you flip through the pics below, and you may get a hint as to whether or not Scarlett is heading for a wedding.

Dive into TVLine’s Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular for full preview of Nashville Season 2.

1. Lynn says:

Apparently, Deacon is awaiting a jail sentence, which doesn’t even make any sense. He may have been drunk, but he wasn’t driving, so I’m confused.

• Danyelle says:

I suppose in a loose TV-ified interpretation of law, if he in his stupor was determined to cause the car crash……? Or maybe he switched seats with Rayna.

• Emer says:

We saw Deacon pull them both out of the car in the promo so I think (full of guilt) he decides to take the blame and say he was the one driving. Rayna’s in a coma and can’t say otherwise.

• I thought the same thing at first, but thinking about it, the only one to verify the fact he was not driving is Rayna, who is in a coma. Considering his blood alcohol level was probably through the roof, he pulled them both from the car, so no matter what he says the fact he’s drunk when the cops arrive makes him look guilty.

2. laura says:

Picture # 17 – – no ring on Scarlette’s left hand

3. Riana says:

I didn’t know Scarlett was still a waitress

4. A says:

I didn’t even recognize the oldest daughter without her glasses…

5. Shannon P. says:

I’m confused about all these Scarlett and Avery business. I don’t mind if they start spending time together as friends but I was hoping something would happen between Avery and Juliette. Weren’t they dropping hints of that at the end of last season. Besides Scarlett needs to stop dating men who have take her for granted.

6. Lora says:

Anyone else thinking “Hmmm…Juliette & Teddy?” after picture 5? If they’re trying to keep his character relevant, it could happen…

7. Sutton says:

The Anger is going to stay with him for a while. He believes he’s not good enough, His reaction when Scarlette said you were like a father to me sent him into anger mode. I’m not your father I’m nobodies father. That’s gota hurt down deep inside of him knowing Rayna didn’t think he was father material. Betrayed by the two people he trusted the most Rayna and Coleman.