Mistresses' Alyssa Milano Previews Finale's Big Cliffhangers, Offers Season 2 Renewal Update

Get More: Interviews, Previews

Mistresses Season 2ABC wouldn’t dare put Mistresses to bed, would it?

The frothy summer guilty pleasure is heading into its season finale Monday (9/8c) with growing ratings and buzz but without a Season 2 renewal.

But fret not, Mistresses fans. In the following Q&A, leading lady Alyssa Milano offers a somewhat optimistic assessment of the soap’s pickup chances, and also makes a strong case for why you should watch Monday’s closure-and-cliffhanger-packed finale.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

TVLINE | Why hasn’t ABC renewed the show yet? What are you hearing?
We all hope it happens. Everyone is pulling for us. We were supposed to find out about a pickup by August 15. And the network extended our contracts until September 30. So they have until September 30 to make a decision. It’s tough to imagine that they won’t pick it up, only because the response has been so great from fans and the media. At least that’s where I’m keeping my mind at so I don’t completely stress out about the possibility of it not coming back. But these are the chances that we take when we choose to do television. It’s all such a crapshoot. You just don’t know what’s going to hit.

TVLINE | I hear Monday’s finale ends with a few cliffhangers…
Yes, there are some cliffhangers. But even though there are cliffhangers, there are some moments of closure that will satisfy [viewers] that hung in there with us throughout the season.

TVLINE | Anything specific you can tease?
Karen thinks she’s done with the Greys, because the trial is over and everything seems neat and tidy, but that gets opened up again. April has a choice that she has to make between her dead husband and her boyfriend. [Laughs] No easy choice there. And we do finally find out who [Savi]‘s baby daddy is.

TVLINE | We saw a gun being raised in the promo – can you tell us who’s in peril?
No. [Laughs] I can’t. I’ll tell you this — it’s either Karen, April, Savi or Joss. [Laughs]

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

TVLINE | Joss already declared she was Team Harry, not Team Dom. What is your hope for the outcome of Savi’s love triangle? Does the paternity of the baby make a difference to your opinion?
I’m trying to think how to word this without giving too much away… I hope that if the show does come back that Savi has some closure in either direction and is able to forgive herself for the mistakes that she’s made.

TVLINE | One thing viewers seem to love is the camaraderie of the four women. How has it been forging that chemistry?
It was pretty instantaneous. We all met for the first time at the table read, which was the Thursday before the Sunday that we started shooting. So we didn’t really have a lot of time; it was pretty quick. They’re all really smart, really funny, strong, talented women that are so inspiring to be around all day.

TVLINE | There are some nice comedic moments mixed in to break up the heightened drama. Do you enjoying playing those as much as it seems?
Absolutely. My favorite thing to do as far as acting goes is to find the humor in those moments. And the writers make it very easy to do it, because they have the same mindset about the tone of the show. I think anyone that’s ever watched Charmed knows that that’s a big part of anything I do — I have to find the humor in it. [Laughs]

TVLINE | For folks who haven’t hopped on the Mistresses bandwagon, give a 30 second pitch for why they should watch the finale.
I have a 30-second pitch for why they should get caught up before the finale. All of these women are relatable and they’re all on a very specific journey. And the sisterhood between the four characters is something I think people will enjoy watching. We also make a social statement about the businesswoman that seemingly has everything together with her career and is very driven, but her personal life is completely unraveling.

TVLINE | Should the renewal go down to the wire, do you have any suggestions for what fans should send ABC to encourage them to do the right thing?
[Laughs] There are so many things they can send…. I think one item from each character, [including] a pregnancy stick from Savi and a whip from Joss. They should definitely get creative.

Comments (163)

• Please please please please pleeeease RENEW….

Oh yeah and Team Harry all the way…

What a beautiful man. Ooo yeah….

Comment by Cynthia – September 9, 2013 10:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Just finished watching the season finale and I’m sooooo looking forward to a second season!!! I’m on the fence with team Harry and team Dom, Savi’s great with both, guess I’ll have to just wait and find out (hopefully). Karen better wise up next season or she will drop to my least favorite character who is now April for making the STUPID decision of giving Paul a second chance, WHAT ON EARTH WAS SHE THINKING?!?!?!

Comment by Mistresses Addict – September 9, 2013 10:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • April…ugggh I know Paul is a loser…how could she even think of giving another chance!

Comment by Dawn – September 9, 2013 11:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg…the finally was great!! I was in tears and bitting my nails at the end!! I totally want to see season 2!! I love the women in this show, I can totally relate to them with my other 3 besties…we joke of who is which character as we each have similar personalities to the women on this show lol. Without the cheating of course.:)

Comment by Aray – September 9, 2013 11:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew – love this show

Comment by Janice – September 9, 2013 11:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew the show…its a smashing success..great story line…so mad its over for now!

Comment by Dawn – September 9, 2013 11:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team harry all the way!!! Please renew:) it would really suck if another show I liked was not renewed again…

Comment by Hollie Ducky – September 10, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses – what an attention grabbing show on Monday nights. Every Monday leaves you wanting more. It premiered at the perfect time of year and it definitely got my attention to watch more ABC programs. The cast was wonderful and it so deserves a second season. ABC don’t give up on Mistresses just yet – that would be a premature decision. Perhaps more marketing behind Season 2.

Comment by Angie – September 10, 2013 06:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I absoutley LOVE LOVE LOVE Mistresses, please bring back ABC ASAP! This show has kept me on the edge of my couch since it began and counting down the days untill it would come back on the following monday:) It’s a awesome show and the cast are great!!!

Comment by Shannon – September 10, 2013 08:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I have never watched a tv show before and been brought to tears like I was with this season finale. Even though I’ve been near tears all season. I don’t know what I’d do if they don’t renew this show. Awesome show. I love both Harry and Dom. But I hope Savi stays with her husband. And Dom finds someone great for him. Although Alyssa did give away that she lives. THANK GOD! But who gets shot! I’ll go out of my mind. PLEASE RENEW!

Comment by Nadine – September 10, 2013 08:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC hope you read the comments, PLS RENEW MISTRESSES…..
    I’M DEFINETLY ON HARRY’S STEAM

Comment by Grace – September 10, 2013 08:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC…Please renew MISTRESSES..PLEASE My favorite show ..

Comment by julie – September 10, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope they keep the show……totally hooked!!!!

Comment by fay – September 10, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please oh please I beg you, this show is so exciting and though it has its drama, it’s good drama, not women hating on each other drama. The characters have their own issues. I love Savi, I guess I want her and Harry to get back together, but Harry does not seem like he’s a good communicator. I think Dom would be good for her, though the relationship would catch Karma hell. Joss, though she is all over the place, she’s addictive. I love her character, she needs so much guidance and love, poor thing. April, she’s sweet, but please choose who you want, don’t go back to your dead ex husband, I don’t trust him, April can you hear me, do not fall into his trap. You deserve better. I can’t believe he’s not in prison for fraud at this point. Then there is Karen, poor Karen, the webs we weave. She annoys me also, for being a professional therapist, she sure is confused. That kid Sammy, he annoys me also with his tiny lips. However, I used to think he was psychotic, but after last night’s finale, he may save Karen’s life which shows he does care about her. I’m not saying Karen should hitch a ride back in the sac with him. So please please bring back Season 2. You can’t leave us hanging. This show is so good, I love it. What will I do now with my Monday nights? :(

Comment by Shela Rodriguez – September 10, 2013 10:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE renew this show. Awesome show, chemistry and writing!! LOVE IT!!!!!

Comment by Alyssa – September 10, 2013 10:24 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope Mistresses comes back with a season 2 and that Savi and Harry stay together and he is the father of the baby, and the test results were wrong. I don’t watch much tv but this show has me hooked. Please, please come back with season 2 with Savi and Harry together with THEIR child.

Comment by Dee – September 10, 2013 10:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show is total CRAP and is low rated, even for a summer show..Cancel this TRASH!
    Milano should be ashamed of herself to be a part of a horrible Trashy show such as this..she has sunk to a new low point for sure..stay home with your baby,,don’t you have enough money?

Comment by BA – September 10, 2013 10:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh I wish I didn’t love this show! Please bring it back!!!!!

Comment by Lisa – September 10, 2013 11:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! ABC… Give Mistresses a second season and don’t wait till summer!!!

Comment by Kelly – September 10, 2013 01:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really enjoy this program. Please don’t leave me hanging after Mistress season one. I don’t understand how Abc network could get viewers hooked and then leave us hanging; this’ shows no respect for us. I rarely watched this channel and after watching the Mistress, I watched this network more frequently. Quite, frankly I know you guys have the last say in this situati

Comment by Angel – September 10, 2013 02:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The black girl actress bothered me, and her boyfriend seemed like a serial killer with that stupid creepy grin. I wish they would get rid of that story all together. When will they create a show as good as desperate housewives.

Comment by Elyse – September 10, 2013 03:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “the black girl actress???” Seriously??? This is 2013!!!!!

Comment by Jenny – September 11, 2013 01:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Pease, please, please, please renew!!!!!!!! So looking forward to season 2! Love the show, love the characters, and love the story lines!!! Great job ABC! NOW GIVE US ANOTHER SEASON!!!!!!!!!! Please :)

Comment by Toni Barron – September 10, 2013 05:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I NEED them to renew this show! I have watched every single episode. Team Harry all the way. I actually cried my eye balls out when he said she has to choose earlier in the season. Just about every single time he came on the screen I cried! Don’t judge me. lol

Comment by Chasity – September 10, 2013 05:20 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I LOVE<3<3 this show and I REALLY wish that ABC would do a season 2 because you can't end a show the way it ended and not knowing what happened and leaving you with ?????? There has to be, has to be a next season!!!!!!! Please please.

Comment by Theresa – September 10, 2013 06:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE renew this show! It’s by far my FAVOURITE show!!!! You cannot cancel it!!!!! You got us hooked….give us more SOON!!!!!!!

Comment by Sonya – September 10, 2013 06:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You have to renew the show. I love it all the women are awesome and as much as everyone hates Karen you can’t get rid of her I love her in the show

Comment by Barry – September 10, 2013 07:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses must be renewed. Such a great storyline and fantastic acting.

Comment by Amanda – September 10, 2013 08:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just LOVED this show!!! Can’t wait to watch it each week. Please, please, please bring in a season 2. BTW….another team Harry!

Comment by RondaB – September 10, 2013 09:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TEAM HARRY!!, I LOVE MISTRESSES AND SO SAD IT WAS THE LAST EPISODE ON MONDAY!, ABC PLEASE RENEW MISTRESSES!!!.I LOVE THE WAY ALYSSA MILANO AND BRETT TUCKER ACT TOGETHER.THEY ARE AWESOME TOGETHER! IM ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR SEASON 2!!!DOM AND SAVI ARE A NO GO . HARRY AND SAVI GO GO GO !!

Comment by RUBS – September 11, 2013 07:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so Right On

Comment by Robi – September 18, 2013 12:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please, please, please renew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Vivian Hall – September 11, 2013 11:38 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Great show! If ABC doesn’t renew it I’m gonna be really pissed!!!!

Comment by LJC – September 11, 2013 12:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You got that right, Ill be pissed too..

Comment by Robi – September 18, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t particularly like Harry’s character, so I hope he changes or leaves. He’s violent and stupid.

Comment by Jenny – September 11, 2013 01:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Ok, so when Savi flatlines at end of finale & they put the paddles on her chest, does that mean she definitely loses the baby? Can a baby live through the shock? (If this was nonfiction)

Comment by Lcp – September 11, 2013 03:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the show! Renew it, I can’t wait for the 2nd season.

Comment by Sherie – September 11, 2013 06:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please let there be a season two… I love this show. I need to see what happens to Savi an who got shot in Karen’s house ease let there be a season two

Comment by Samantha – September 11, 2013 09:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Renew now for gods sake…. But please don’t keep harry around. He is cold..telling her to choose between the baby or him..that was awful. He always looks miserable. Then he can’t even keep the resteraunt going and after he says those mean things , she still gives money to keep it running. Cut him loose..

Comment by jayne – September 14, 2013 01:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Team Harry! Please renew this great show!

Comment by Kimmmm – September 14, 2013 05:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh my gosh you have to renew Especially after it ended i am so addicted to the show its fantastic. Love savy and harry my fav. Love it love it loveitplease please renew!

Comment by adrienne – September 14, 2013 10:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I need more mistresses! It is addictive…like crack, but not harmful to your health ;)

Comment by Samantha – September 15, 2013 12:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The big wigs never understand when they have a hit show. Most of those men have too
    big of ego’s to understand what people like……………….. Show is GREAT……
    Get rid of the big wigs……They are the problem Dawn :)

Comment by Ms Dawn – September 16, 2013 08:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • AWWW I love this show as well! I am shocked to hear they may not renew it. I mean look at all the good comments. That she be an obvious renew!!!!

Comment by JessicaLove420 – September 17, 2013 09:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You have to renew the show, even got my husband watching it. Says thats how girls really are. Can wait til it comes back on. Don’t leave us hanging!!! When will the new season start??

Comment by Robi – September 18, 2013 12:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does anyone anything about season 2? like when will it begin? I saw it once or twice while on the air; but between the last 2 days I have seen the entire season. And I am Oh so hooked on this show. cant wait

Comment by Veronica Daniels – September 18, 2013 06:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Not yet renewed.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 18, 2013 06:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg if they don’t come back with another season i will probably not watch the abc network anymore. I mean how could you end the first season in such suspense hello its killing me wondering who in the hell got shot and if Ravi is going to be ok…. I’m thinking its Sam who gets shot though and hopefully he lives so he can be another witness yogis mother’s confession and have the crazy bitch put away for good … Like padded room, straight jacket good…. And savi has to be okay and the baby too she has been through soo much and wanted this baby soo badly and when it comes down to it I think what she wanted was harry to stand by her no matter what and it shouldn’t have taken het getting in a car accident to get hiM to realize how stupid she was she needs to choose dom and if she doesn’t then …. Maybe she shouldn’t choose either of them. They have to renew the show

Comment by Nicole – September 20, 2013 06:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope you all are also emailing ABC about renewing the series. If not, please go to abc.com and click on Contact ABC at the bottom, choose Mistresses and tell them why you love the show.

Comment by Melmoo – September 21, 2013 03:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC, I swear if you cancel Mistresses, I am going to stop watching your network! So many good shows have been dropped last few years. Don’t let this one go! It’s definitely a keeper.

Comment by Patty – September 21, 2013 05:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hope they continue this they already canceled my show the lying game:(

Comment by Danyale – September 22, 2013 12:18 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • mistresses is exceptional, Alyssa Milano is outstanding, all the cast is great as well. I am definitely team Harry! I like the actor who plays Dom, however the character of Dom is a scum-bag!, getting involved with a married woman is unforgivable, Savi was also wrong! She needs to make it right with Harry, and Harry needs to grow-up be a man to Savi and a father to the baby! Need season 2!

Comment by James McCullough – September 22, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Harry just found out that he doesn’t have a healthy sperm and then her wife might be impregnated by another man. That is a lot to take, i think he feels worthless and even more worthless that his wife goes to another man. On top of that, you have a wife that would help you think for a second and let it all sink in. I think he is handling it very maturely.

Comment by dennis – September 26, 2013 09:17 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I started watching Mistresses 3 days ago and already watched the whole season! I couldn’t put my iPad down.
    Seriously Needs a season 2. Addicted!!

Comment by Phoenix – September 22, 2013 07:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The show has to come back for season #2 I’m addicted! I love it and would love it if someone would email me and let me know if it will come back please?

Comment by Kelley C – September 23, 2013 08:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Really? Really? Do you seriously think when someone finds out whether Mistresses has been renewed or cancelled they are going to go, “oh wait, that Kelley C from the TV line website wanted to know, let me E-mail her.” This isn’t FB. And no one here cares whether you know one way or the other. Ridiculous! (Sorry, having a bad day, but this one just got me.)

Comment by Mel – September 24, 2013 06:13 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I soo love love love this show I want it to come back on ready to watch a season 2 heck yes bring it on it needs to keeping going love love it!!!!!!

Comment by Betty – September 23, 2013 08:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post