Mistresses' Alyssa Milano Previews Finale's Big Cliffhangers, Offers Season 2 Renewal Update

Mistresses Season 2ABC wouldn’t dare put Mistresses to bed, would it?

The frothy summer guilty pleasure is heading into its season finale Monday (9/8c) with growing ratings and buzz but without a Season 2 renewal.

But fret not, Mistresses fans. In the following Q&A, leading lady Alyssa Milano offers a somewhat optimistic assessment of the soap’s pickup chances, and also makes a strong case for why you should watch Monday’s closure-and-cliffhanger-packed finale.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Pics and Scoops on 45 Returning Favorites

TVLINE | Why hasn’t ABC renewed the show yet? What are you hearing?
We all hope it happens. Everyone is pulling for us. We were supposed to find out about a pickup by August 15. And the network extended our contracts until September 30. So they have until September 30 to make a decision. It’s tough to imagine that they won’t pick it up, only because the response has been so great from fans and the media. At least that’s where I’m keeping my mind at so I don’t completely stress out about the possibility of it not coming back. But these are the chances that we take when we choose to do television. It’s all such a crapshoot. You just don’t know what’s going to hit.

TVLINE | I hear Monday’s finale ends with a few cliffhangers…
Yes, there are some cliffhangers. But even though there are cliffhangers, there are some moments of closure that will satisfy [viewers] that hung in there with us throughout the season.

TVLINE | Anything specific you can tease?
Karen thinks she’s done with the Greys, because the trial is over and everything seems neat and tidy, but that gets opened up again. April has a choice that she has to make between her dead husband and her boyfriend. [Laughs] No easy choice there. And we do finally find out who [Savi]‘s baby daddy is.

TVLINE | We saw a gun being raised in the promo – can you tell us who’s in peril?
No. [Laughs] I can’t. I’ll tell you this — it’s either Karen, April, Savi or Joss. [Laughs]

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 100+ Season and Series Premiere Dates

TVLINE | Joss already declared she was Team Harry, not Team Dom. What is your hope for the outcome of Savi’s love triangle? Does the paternity of the baby make a difference to your opinion?
I’m trying to think how to word this without giving too much away… I hope that if the show does come back that Savi has some closure in either direction and is able to forgive herself for the mistakes that she’s made.

TVLINE | One thing viewers seem to love is the camaraderie of the four women. How has it been forging that chemistry?
It was pretty instantaneous. We all met for the first time at the table read, which was the Thursday before the Sunday that we started shooting. So we didn’t really have a lot of time; it was pretty quick. They’re all really smart, really funny, strong, talented women that are so inspiring to be around all day.

TVLINE | There are some nice comedic moments mixed in to break up the heightened drama. Do you enjoying playing those as much as it seems?
Absolutely. My favorite thing to do as far as acting goes is to find the humor in those moments. And the writers make it very easy to do it, because they have the same mindset about the tone of the show. I think anyone that’s ever watched Charmed knows that that’s a big part of anything I do — I have to find the humor in it. [Laughs]

TVLINE | For folks who haven’t hopped on the Mistresses bandwagon, give a 30 second pitch for why they should watch the finale.
I have a 30-second pitch for why they should get caught up before the finale. All of these women are relatable and they’re all on a very specific journey. And the sisterhood between the four characters is something I think people will enjoy watching. We also make a social statement about the businesswoman that seemingly has everything together with her career and is very driven, but her personal life is completely unraveling.

TVLINE | Should the renewal go down to the wire, do you have any suggestions for what fans should send ABC to encourage them to do the right thing?
[Laughs] There are so many things they can send…. I think one item from each character, [including] a pregnancy stick from Savi and a whip from Joss. They should definitely get creative.

1. Cynthia says:

Please please please please pleeeease RENEW….

Oh yeah and Team Harry all the way…

What a beautiful man. Ooo yeah….

2. Mistresses Addict says:

Just finished watching the season finale and I’m sooooo looking forward to a second season!!! I’m on the fence with team Harry and team Dom, Savi’s great with both, guess I’ll have to just wait and find out (hopefully). Karen better wise up next season or she will drop to my least favorite character who is now April for making the STUPID decision of giving Paul a second chance, WHAT ON EARTH WAS SHE THINKING?!?!?!

3. Aray says:

Omg…the finally was great!! I was in tears and bitting my nails at the end!! I totally want to see season 2!! I love the women in this show, I can totally relate to them with my other 3 besties…we joke of who is which character as we each have similar personalities to the women on this show lol. Without the cheating of course.:)

4. Janice says:

Please renew – love this show

5. Dawn says:

Renew the show…its a smashing success..great story line…so mad its over for now!

6. Hollie Ducky says:

Team harry all the way!!! Please renew:) it would really suck if another show I liked was not renewed again…

7. Angie says:

Mistresses – what an attention grabbing show on Monday nights. Every Monday leaves you wanting more. It premiered at the perfect time of year and it definitely got my attention to watch more ABC programs. The cast was wonderful and it so deserves a second season. ABC don’t give up on Mistresses just yet – that would be a premature decision. Perhaps more marketing behind Season 2.

8. Shannon says:

I absoutley LOVE LOVE LOVE Mistresses, please bring back ABC ASAP! This show has kept me on the edge of my couch since it began and counting down the days untill it would come back on the following monday:) It’s a awesome show and the cast are great!!!

9. Nadine says:

I have never watched a tv show before and been brought to tears like I was with this season finale. Even though I’ve been near tears all season. I don’t know what I’d do if they don’t renew this show. Awesome show. I love both Harry and Dom. But I hope Savi stays with her husband. And Dom finds someone great for him. Although Alyssa did give away that she lives. THANK GOD! But who gets shot! I’ll go out of my mind. PLEASE RENEW!

10. Grace says:

ABC hope you read the comments, PLS RENEW MISTRESSES…..
    I’M DEFINETLY ON HARRY’S STEAM

11. julie says:

ABC…Please renew MISTRESSES..PLEASE My favorite show ..

12. fay says:

I hope they keep the show……totally hooked!!!!

13. Shela Rodriguez says:

Please oh please I beg you, this show is so exciting and though it has its drama, it’s good drama, not women hating on each other drama. The characters have their own issues. I love Savi, I guess I want her and Harry to get back together, but Harry does not seem like he’s a good communicator. I think Dom would be good for her, though the relationship would catch Karma hell. Joss, though she is all over the place, she’s addictive. I love her character, she needs so much guidance and love, poor thing. April, she’s sweet, but please choose who you want, don’t go back to your dead ex husband, I don’t trust him, April can you hear me, do not fall into his trap. You deserve better. I can’t believe he’s not in prison for fraud at this point. Then there is Karen, poor Karen, the webs we weave. She annoys me also, for being a professional therapist, she sure is confused. That kid Sammy, he annoys me also with his tiny lips. However, I used to think he was psychotic, but after last night’s finale, he may save Karen’s life which shows he does care about her. I’m not saying Karen should hitch a ride back in the sac with him. So please please bring back Season 2. You can’t leave us hanging. This show is so good, I love it. What will I do now with my Monday nights? :(

14. Alyssa says:

PLEASE renew this show. Awesome show, chemistry and writing!! LOVE IT!!!!!

15. Dee says:

I hope Mistresses comes back with a season 2 and that Savi and Harry stay together and he is the father of the baby, and the test results were wrong. I don’t watch much tv but this show has me hooked. Please, please come back with season 2 with Savi and Harry together with THEIR child.

16. BA says:

The show is total CRAP and is low rated, even for a summer show..Cancel this TRASH!
    Milano should be ashamed of herself to be a part of a horrible Trashy show such as this..she has sunk to a new low point for sure..stay home with your baby,,don’t you have enough money?

17. Lisa says:

Oh I wish I didn’t love this show! Please bring it back!!!!!

18. Kelly says:

Love the show! ABC… Give Mistresses a second season and don’t wait till summer!!!

19. Angel says:

I really enjoy this program. Please don’t leave me hanging after Mistress season one. I don’t understand how Abc network could get viewers hooked and then leave us hanging; this’ shows no respect for us. I rarely watched this channel and after watching the Mistress, I watched this network more frequently. Quite, frankly I know you guys have the last say in this situati

20. Elyse says:

The black girl actress bothered me, and her boyfriend seemed like a serial killer with that stupid creepy grin. I wish they would get rid of that story all together. When will they create a show as good as desperate housewives.

21. Toni Barron says:

Pease, please, please, please renew!!!!!!!! So looking forward to season 2! Love the show, love the characters, and love the story lines!!! Great job ABC! NOW GIVE US ANOTHER SEASON!!!!!!!!!! Please :)

22. Chasity says:

I NEED them to renew this show! I have watched every single episode. Team Harry all the way. I actually cried my eye balls out when he said she has to choose earlier in the season. Just about every single time he came on the screen I cried! Don’t judge me. lol

23. Theresa says:

I LOVE<3<3 this show and I REALLY wish that ABC would do a season 2 because you can't end a show the way it ended and not knowing what happened and leaving you with ?????? There has to be, has to be a next season!!!!!!! Please please.

24. Sonya says:

PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE renew this show! It’s by far my FAVOURITE show!!!! You cannot cancel it!!!!! You got us hooked….give us more SOON!!!!!!!

25. Barry says:

You have to renew the show. I love it all the women are awesome and as much as everyone hates Karen you can’t get rid of her I love her in the show

26. Amanda says:

Mistresses must be renewed. Such a great storyline and fantastic acting.

27. RondaB says:

I just LOVED this show!!! Can’t wait to watch it each week. Please, please, please bring in a season 2. BTW….another team Harry!

28. RUBS says:

TEAM HARRY!!, I LOVE MISTRESSES AND SO SAD IT WAS THE LAST EPISODE ON MONDAY!, ABC PLEASE RENEW MISTRESSES!!!.I LOVE THE WAY ALYSSA MILANO AND BRETT TUCKER ACT TOGETHER.THEY ARE AWESOME TOGETHER! IM ANXIOUSLY WAITING FOR SEASON 2!!!DOM AND SAVI ARE A NO GO . HARRY AND SAVI GO GO GO !!

29. Vivian Hall says:

Please, please, please renew!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

30. LJC says:

Great show! If ABC doesn’t renew it I’m gonna be really pissed!!!!

31. Jenny says:

I don’t particularly like Harry’s character, so I hope he changes or leaves. He’s violent and stupid.

32. Lcp says:

Ok, so when Savi flatlines at end of finale & they put the paddles on her chest, does that mean she definitely loses the baby? Can a baby live through the shock? (If this was nonfiction)

33. Sherie says:

Love the show! Renew it, I can’t wait for the 2nd season.

34. Samantha says:

Please let there be a season two… I love this show. I need to see what happens to Savi an who got shot in Karen’s house ease let there be a season two

35. jayne says:

Renew now for gods sake…. But please don’t keep harry around. He is cold..telling her to choose between the baby or him..that was awful. He always looks miserable. Then he can’t even keep the resteraunt going and after he says those mean things , she still gives money to keep it running. Cut him loose..

36. Kimmmm says:

Team Harry! Please renew this great show!

37. adrienne says:

Oh my gosh you have to renew Especially after it ended i am so addicted to the show its fantastic. Love savy and harry my fav. Love it love it loveitplease please renew!

38. Samantha says:

I need more mistresses! It is addictive…like crack, but not harmful to your health ;)

39. Ms Dawn says:

The big wigs never understand when they have a hit show. Most of those men have too
    big of ego’s to understand what people like……………….. Show is GREAT……
    Get rid of the big wigs……They are the problem Dawn :)

40. JessicaLove420 says:

AWWW I love this show as well! I am shocked to hear they may not renew it. I mean look at all the good comments. That she be an obvious renew!!!!

41. Robi says:

You have to renew the show, even got my husband watching it. Says thats how girls really are. Can wait til it comes back on. Don’t leave us hanging!!! When will the new season start??

42. Veronica Daniels says:

does anyone anything about season 2? like when will it begin? I saw it once or twice while on the air; but between the last 2 days I have seen the entire season. And I am Oh so hooked on this show. cant wait

43. Nicole says:

Omg if they don’t come back with another season i will probably not watch the abc network anymore. I mean how could you end the first season in such suspense hello its killing me wondering who in the hell got shot and if Ravi is going to be ok…. I’m thinking its Sam who gets shot though and hopefully he lives so he can be another witness yogis mother’s confession and have the crazy bitch put away for good … Like padded room, straight jacket good…. And savi has to be okay and the baby too she has been through soo much and wanted this baby soo badly and when it comes down to it I think what she wanted was harry to stand by her no matter what and it shouldn’t have taken het getting in a car accident to get hiM to realize how stupid she was she needs to choose dom and if she doesn’t then …. Maybe she shouldn’t choose either of them. They have to renew the show

44. Melmoo says:

I hope you all are also emailing ABC about renewing the series. If not, please go to abc.com and click on Contact ABC at the bottom, choose Mistresses and tell them why you love the show.

45. Patty says:

ABC, I swear if you cancel Mistresses, I am going to stop watching your network! So many good shows have been dropped last few years. Don’t let this one go! It’s definitely a keeper.

46. Danyale says:

Hope they continue this they already canceled my show the lying game:(

47. James McCullough says:

mistresses is exceptional, Alyssa Milano is outstanding, all the cast is great as well. I am definitely team Harry! I like the actor who plays Dom, however the character of Dom is a scum-bag!, getting involved with a married woman is unforgivable, Savi was also wrong! She needs to make it right with Harry, and Harry needs to grow-up be a man to Savi and a father to the baby! Need season 2!

• dennis says:

Harry just found out that he doesn’t have a healthy sperm and then her wife might be impregnated by another man. That is a lot to take, i think he feels worthless and even more worthless that his wife goes to another man. On top of that, you have a wife that would help you think for a second and let it all sink in. I think he is handling it very maturely.

48. Phoenix says:

I started watching Mistresses 3 days ago and already watched the whole season! I couldn’t put my iPad down.
    Seriously Needs a season 2. Addicted!!

49. Kelley C says:

The show has to come back for season #2 I’m addicted! I love it and would love it if someone would email me and let me know if it will come back please?

• Mel says:

Really? Really? Do you seriously think when someone finds out whether Mistresses has been renewed or cancelled they are going to go, “oh wait, that Kelley C from the TV line website wanted to know, let me E-mail her.” This isn’t FB. And no one here cares whether you know one way or the other. Ridiculous! (Sorry, having a bad day, but this one just got me.)

50. Betty says:

I soo love love love this show I want it to come back on ready to watch a season 2 heck yes bring it on it needs to keeping going love love it!!!!!!