Alec Baldwin to Host Weekly MSNBC Talk Show

Get More: News

Alec Baldwin MSNBC SeriesIt’s official: Alec Baldwin‘s next TV gig will be on MSNBC.

The cable news net has given the former 30 Rock star his own show, Up Late With Alec Baldwin, it was announced Thursday.

RELATED | Fall TV: Your Handy Calendar of 99 Season and Series Premiere Dates

The weekly current events and culture program will air Fridays at 10/9c, starting in October.

“After two seasons of my WNYC podcast, I’ve developed a fondness for hosting a show that involved talking with smart, talented and engaging people in every imaginable field,” Baldwin said in a statement. “I’m grateful to MSNBC for helping me bring a similar show to television.”

Added MSNBC President Phil Griffin:  “I’ve been talking with Alec for a while and can’t wait to bring his personality and eclectic interests to MSNBC. He’s got such passion for ideas and what’s going on in the world — he’s going to be a great addition to our line-up.”

Earlier this year, Baldwin was reported to be in talks with NBC for a late-night chatfest.

Will you be tuning in for Baldwin’s new venture?

Comments (13)

• Will he be cool & calm or will he be punching people out,time will tell.

Comment by Annette – September 5, 2013 07:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • lol, will he be making fun of all the homosexuals on the network? That’s kinda his thing after all…

Comment by ajintexas – September 5, 2013 08:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i’d rather watch jack donaughy host this show.

Comment by Hipper – September 5, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • MSNBC so desperate for someone to watch their network, they are gonna give an ACTOR a show on a ‘news’ channel. If he’s serious about talking to people from all spectrums, let’s see how long it takes him to get someone of Thomas Sowell’s or Dr. Benjamin Carson’s status on the show. Cause I’m pretty sure he will have Al Sharpton on as soon as possible. But Al wouldn’t challenge Baldwin intellectually like the other two gentlemen would.

Comment by Tom Hunter – September 6, 2013 01:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I take it you’ve never listened to the WNYC podcasts…

Comment by allison – September 6, 2013 03:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree. I mean we’d never elect an Actor to be a president or a congressmen or even a Senator, so why should we hire one for a news network?

Wait a minute…

Comment by Paul – September 6, 2013 09:43 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I find him to be the most obnoxious person around. Will not be watching. Needs anger management classes.

Comment by Mary – September 6, 2013 06:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Will definitely check it out.

Comment by Jade – September 6, 2013 08:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Oh yes. I will be there. Looking forward to the Maddow-Baldwin handoff!

Comment by Jen – September 6, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Not sure how I feel about this other than happy that I don’t have to watch an hour of Lockdown at that time anymore.

Comment by Joey – September 6, 2013 02:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He should get Matt Damon to be his Robin!

Comment by Drew – September 6, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • He should showcase NimVindMusic.com as musical guest!!

Comment by Cielo Amore – September 20, 2013 10:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post