Exclusive

Exclusive: Melissa & Joey, Baby Daddy to Return in December with Special Holiday Episodes

Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy sign off tonight with summer finales (starting at 8/7c), but ABC Family’s comedy block will be back later this year with special holiday installments, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Original episodes of both sitcoms will air in December as part of ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas.

And as teased in the following promo, the most wonderful time of the year may bring romance for one would-be couple.

VIDEO | Ravenswood Season 1 Trailer: Caleb Comes to Town

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...

1. Lynn says:

Mel and Joe were totally about to kiss there. I can’t. Even more excited for tonight’s episode now!

2. Babybop says:

Yay! I love 25 Days of Christmas. My friend and I watch every movie they show… Even the crappy ones!

3. Joey says:

Happy about both shows holiday episodes. I can’t wait to see it in December.

4. Dani says:

I love Christmas episodes. Still waiting for PRETTY LITTLE LIARS to have Sant-A coming to Rosewood. Would be nice…
    Anyway I’m excited for BABY DADDY and MELISSA & JOEY. :-)

5. Ram510 says:

So does this mean that instead of airing 15 episodes in the summer it’ll only be 12, assuming that they’ll air 3 out of the 15 in December

• Brandy says:

3?I read it as just 1.

• Ram510 says:

It said “holiday installments” so I assumed it’ll be 2-3 episodes

• dude says:

“Holiday Installments” as they’ll be one episode of Baby Daddy and one episode of Melissa and Joey which is two, which is plural. Few shows make multiple holiday episodes.

• Andrea says:

The question is,is it a Christmas special made just for Christmas or is it just a Christmas episode every other tv show has, that they decided to air in December instead of next year?If it’s the latter,there probably should be a couple of episodes leading up to it for continuity purposes .Either way,I’ll take what I can get.

• Jamie says:

This was only the Summer Finale… after the Christmas Special won’t they continue with the rest of season 3 in 2014???

6. Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
    This is gonna be awesome Christmas episodes for Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy. I can’t wait!!!!

7. luli says:

Now that what I call an amazing summer finale! Best episode of melissa and joey ever! I can’t believe ********SPOILER ALERT^********* they did it!!! FINALLY!

8. ella says:

oh man riley and ben and mel and joey amaaazing!!!!! and now we have to wait 3 months ughhhhh

9. Olivia says:

Omg MEL AND JOEY!!! I wish I didn’t have to wait :(

10. Sara says:

I don’t like Riley and Ben together. Riley and Danny!!!

• cas says:

Oh I love riley and ben. But to be fair I just started watching this season really. But she always liked Ben and I like when girls get the guys they have always wanted in TV land. haha.

• Megan says:

Totally love Riley and Danny so much more than Riley and Ben too!! I also just love Danny.

• mels says:

riley and ben are awesome the chemistry between those two in the episodes centered around them and in season 1 is really good plus the kiss ahhh the best one of the show so far!
      although i like danny riley too but ben and riley just have a different kind of opposits attract thing which makes for really great tv

11. TV God says:

In an odd twist of fate they could/should make Ben gay. I know some people wouldn’t like it, but it would give a dynamic to the show that I for one would like.

12. Megan Louise says:

Omg can’t wait to see whats happening with Melissa and Joey they were about to kiss can’t wait Also to see Ben and Danny as Elfs what up with Bonnie?

13. Mel says:

So glad we won’t have to wait until 2014 to see another Melissa & Joey episode. They are so cute together. Great chemistry.

14. In 2014 Does anyone know when baby daddy and Mel & Joey come back for season 3

15. Dr.Comic says:

Seeing Trevor Donovan on Melissa and Joey was a very pleasant surprise. I’d love to see him have his own show on ABC Family. He’s such a bright ray of sunshine. Once M and J get together the show is less fun and exciting.

16. Lori says:

Cannot wait for the xmas special to come on , cannot wait until season 3 , this is the best show on air in a really , really long time!! Its good for kids , adults all ages actually!

17. hunk watcher says:

I just love watching her make out with Trevor Donovan

18. Jane smith says:

Love melissa and joey can’t wait!!!!!

19. katniss everdeen says: