Exclusive: Melissa & Joey, Baby Daddy to Return in December with Special Holiday Episodes

Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy sign off tonight with summer finales (starting at 8/7c), but ABC Family’s comedy block will be back later this year with special holiday installments, TVLine has learned exclusively.

Original episodes of both sitcoms will air in December as part of ABC Family’s 25 Days of Christmas.

And as teased in the following promo, the most wonderful time of the year may bring romance for one would-be couple.

VIDEO | Ravenswood Season 1 Trailer: Caleb Comes to Town

Press PLAY to watch the sneak peek, then hit the comments with your thoughts.

Loading video...

Comments (29)

• Mel and Joe were totally about to kiss there. I can’t. Even more excited for tonight’s episode now!

Comment by Lynn – September 4, 2013 01:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yay! I love 25 Days of Christmas. My friend and I watch every movie they show… Even the crappy ones!

Comment by Babybop – September 4, 2013 01:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Happy about both shows holiday episodes. I can’t wait to see it in December.

Comment by Joey – September 4, 2013 02:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Christmas episodes. Still waiting for PRETTY LITTLE LIARS to have Sant-A coming to Rosewood. Would be nice…
    Anyway I’m excited for BABY DADDY and MELISSA & JOEY. :-)

Comment by Dani – September 4, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Awesome!

Comment by Diz – September 4, 2013 02:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So does this mean that instead of airing 15 episodes in the summer it’ll only be 12, assuming that they’ll air 3 out of the 15 in December

Comment by Ram510 – September 4, 2013 04:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • 3?I read it as just 1.

Comment by Brandy – September 4, 2013 05:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It said “holiday installments” so I assumed it’ll be 2-3 episodes

Comment by Ram510 – September 4, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • “Holiday Installments” as they’ll be one episode of Baby Daddy and one episode of Melissa and Joey which is two, which is plural. Few shows make multiple holiday episodes.

Comment by dude – September 4, 2013 08:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • The question is,is it a Christmas special made just for Christmas or is it just a Christmas episode every other tv show has, that they decided to air in December instead of next year?If it’s the latter,there probably should be a couple of episodes leading up to it for continuity purposes .Either way,I’ll take what I can get.

Comment by Andrea – September 5, 2013 10:25 AM PDT
    • This was only the Summer Finale… after the Christmas Special won’t they continue with the rest of season 3 in 2014???

Comment by Jamie – September 4, 2013 05:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Reblogged this on thehiltonburnellfiles and commented:
    This is gonna be awesome Christmas episodes for Melissa & Joey and Baby Daddy. I can’t wait!!!!

Comment by Justin Burnell – September 4, 2013 07:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Now that what I call an amazing summer finale! Best episode of melissa and joey ever! I can’t believe ********SPOILER ALERT^********* they did it!!! FINALLY!

Comment by luli – September 4, 2013 09:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • oh man riley and ben and mel and joey amaaazing!!!!! and now we have to wait 3 months ughhhhh

Comment by ella – September 5, 2013 01:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg MEL AND JOEY!!! I wish I didn’t have to wait :(

Comment by Olivia – September 5, 2013 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t like Riley and Ben together. Riley and Danny!!!

Comment by Sara – September 5, 2013 05:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh I love riley and ben. But to be fair I just started watching this season really. But she always liked Ben and I like when girls get the guys they have always wanted in TV land. haha.

Comment by cas – September 5, 2013 05:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Totally love Riley and Danny so much more than Riley and Ben too!! I also just love Danny.

Comment by Megan – September 5, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Same here! Danny is such a sweetie and he’s been in love with her forever.

Comment by Katherine215 – September 5, 2013 01:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • riley and ben are awesome the chemistry between those two in the episodes centered around them and in season 1 is really good plus the kiss ahhh the best one of the show so far!
      although i like danny riley too but ben and riley just have a different kind of opposits attract thing which makes for really great tv

Comment by mels – September 5, 2013 07:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In an odd twist of fate they could/should make Ben gay. I know some people wouldn’t like it, but it would give a dynamic to the show that I for one would like.

Comment by TV God – September 5, 2013 08:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Omg can’t wait to see whats happening with Melissa and Joey they were about to kiss can’t wait Also to see Ben and Danny as Elfs what up with Bonnie?

Comment by Megan Louise – September 5, 2013 10:00 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So glad we won’t have to wait until 2014 to see another Melissa & Joey episode. They are so cute together. Great chemistry.

Comment by Mel – September 5, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • In 2014 Does anyone know when baby daddy and Mel & Joey come back for season 3

Comment by jonathon murray – September 5, 2013 05:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seeing Trevor Donovan on Melissa and Joey was a very pleasant surprise. I’d love to see him have his own show on ABC Family. He’s such a bright ray of sunshine. Once M and J get together the show is less fun and exciting.

Comment by Dr.Comic – September 8, 2013 11:47 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Cannot wait for the xmas special to come on , cannot wait until season 3 , this is the best show on air in a really , really long time!! Its good for kids , adults all ages actually!

Comment by Lori – September 16, 2013 02:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just love watching her make out with Trevor Donovan

Comment by hunk watcher – October 19, 2013 12:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love melissa and joey can’t wait!!!!!

Comment by Jane smith – November 28, 2013 07:09 PM PDT  Reply To This Post