Fall TV Preview

Castle First Look: There's No Mystery Here — The Season 6 Cast Photos Look Good

If a pretty picture is worth 1,000 words, Castle‘s titular author can sit out his next few mystery novels, based on this batch of new photos for Season 6.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Castle and 44 Other Returning Faves

With the ABC drama’s Sept. 23 season premiere now less than three weeks away, TVLine has gotten our hands on a slew of new cast photos, featuring Nathan Fillion and Stana Katic, Jon Huertas and Seamus Dever, Tamala Jones, Penny Johnson Jerald, Molly Quinn and Susan Sullivan.

And because you’ll want it, and because TVLine Cares: Click here for the full-size version of that photo from the batch. (Or, you know, right-click-”View Image,” if you’re computer-savvy like Tory.)

Tags: ,

Comments (79)

• Eh, they’re alright. :-) The two leads look crazy-photoshopped again. Congrats on getting that last bit o’ scoop for Castle, though! It’ll be interesting to see which one is the “official” one.

Comment by Just one thing – September 4, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • All of the shows and films have crazy photoshopped pics. None of them are really like that. It’s not just Castle. Let’s give a shout out for someone who deserves it. Everybody’s already gonna notice Stana looking like a gilded goddess, but Penny Johnson Jerald is rocking that dress.

Comment by scooby – September 4, 2013 08:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s way better than last year !

Comment by Vikimousse – September 4, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Shut the front door! can they get any gorgeous?

Comment by Cuffed – September 4, 2013 03:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • LOL, Matt, you know us so well, I right-clicked on that photo right away

Comment by Cuffed – September 4, 2013 03:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • *snort* He really does. I made myself wait til the end before I clicked on it. Not sure what I was trying to prove, but I felt like I needed to do it to try. ;)

Comment by scooby – September 4, 2013 08:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • OMG Could these two look any hotter!!

Comment by Guest – September 4, 2013 03:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Dying here with these pictures. Thank you so much for sharing them! <3

Comment by Stana-Katic.com.br (@StanaticsBR) – September 4, 2013 03:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC needs to fire its photoshop artist. Those pics are airbrushed to holy hell. Stana looks beautiful in that dress though.

Comment by Missy – September 4, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • On a highly superficial note, ABC has arguably the most attractive actors on all their shows, yet their promo pictures across the board all feel so uninspired and half-assed. Why don’t they ever consider shooting their casts — or at least Castle — on sets or locations with some depth and dimension?
      The green/grey/white backgrounds are always so bland. It’s a bit embarrassing and a disservice to the actors.
      And don’t get me started on the fact that they always shoot people separately and then photoshop them together into one image. Consumers’ eyes are too sophisticated for that tactic anymore. Sorry.

Comment by Just one thing – September 4, 2013 03:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • in which pictures can you tell that they were shot separately?

Comment by Cuffed – September 4, 2013 03:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • The ones on the stairs appear to be photoshopped to me. They did it with Private Practice every year, too, with the same disconnect effect. But at least that had 6-7 actors, which I *guess* it made sense.

Comment by Just one thing – September 4, 2013 04:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • yes, they look photoshopped on the stairs shots simply because Stana’s head appear to be bigger than Nathan’s but the one where they’re wearing the formal outfit is not

Comment by Cuffed – September 4, 2013 04:47 PM PDT
          • Oh, that image with formal wear is over-Photoshopped, too. But at least they’re really in the same photo.
            It’s little details like this that, to me, separate ABC (the only network I watch) from networks like CBS and FOX (with shows I couldn’t care less about). The network can do better in their marketing department. For whatever reason, they just choose not to.

Comment by Just one thing – September 4, 2013 05:06 PM PDT
      • Explain to me why they look photoshopped together.

Comment by Guest – September 4, 2013 03:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Way better pics than last year.

Comment by K – September 4, 2013 03:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A dapper bunch indeed.

Comment by april-ann – September 4, 2013 03:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I love that you used the word *dapper* to describe the cast, it was exactly right.

Comment by c-mo – September 4, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • did anyone else notice – no ring on Beckett’s finger!

Comment by Cory – September 4, 2013 03:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Of course there isn’t- they’re not gonna make it THAT easy.

Comment by Jane – September 4, 2013 03:32 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • but the picture of Beckett sitting, it looks like she has a ring

Comment by Bender – September 4, 2013 04:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Ha, love my fellow sleuths.

Comment by scooby – September 4, 2013 08:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • totally agree that these are better than last year’s. gorgeous! though, they look heavily photoshopped.

Comment by AD – September 4, 2013 03:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Although this year at least Nathan looks like himself. Last year I thought the photoshopping made him look like Jerry O’Connell in the *official* pic!

Comment by c-mo – September 4, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Last year’s pic made him look like Alec Baldwin, too! I love this year’s pics! Photoshop is pretty common. I don’t let that bother me. I am even more excited for this new season! Love this cast and show!!

Comment by Shawn – September 4, 2013 07:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Guess I don’t see the major photoshop thing. I know they are but I’ve seen so much worse. I think they look great!

Comment by Jane – September 4, 2013 03:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I may need Molly Quinn’s outfit immediately.

Comment by Natalie V. – September 4, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks, Matt! These look great! Makes me more excited for September 23rd!

Comment by Leigh – September 4, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So OVERLY photoshopped… looks horrible. Ewww.

Comment by Mary – September 4, 2013 03:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love Molly Quinn!

Comment by Stephen – September 4, 2013 03:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic sits like a boss the pics are perfect and amazing

Comment by Lola – September 4, 2013 03:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They look AMAZING!!!!

Comment by Kate – September 4, 2013 04:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • great pictures of the cast all we need now is next yr for us in the uk lol.

Comment by henry – September 4, 2013 04:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I don’t think these are better than last year. Similar backgrounds, actually. I love Stana’s evening gown in these, but I loved her poses more last year. I agree about it being overly photoshopped. They look almost cartoonish. The pics on the stairs look like fan art from someone’s computer.

Comment by LL624 – September 4, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Stana Katic is still the HOTTEST. (wolf whistle)

Comment by Jack Bauer 2.0 – September 4, 2013 04:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that picture makes it seem like Beckett is pregnant.

Comment by Bender – September 4, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That was totally where my mind went when I saw it too. Doubt Marlowe would do that though. Not yet.

Comment by Christy – September 4, 2013 05:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Sometimes I feel really sorry for her. It doesn’t matter how super-skinny she is, people’s minds still go there and they mention it every other month.

Comment by Just one thing – September 4, 2013 05:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • only reason I thought that was placing of the hands, other wise she’s a complete knockout

Comment by Bender – September 4, 2013 05:18 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Penny Johnson Jerald is a beautiful woman. Why would they think they needed to ‘shop her waist to be smaller than her head? She doesn’t even look like a real person, which is a cryin’ shame. ‘Iron’ Gates is one of my favorite characters, and Penny is a terrific actress, these “adjustments” were totally unnecessary.

Comment by Tricia Garcia (@theinfamousjew) – September 4, 2013 04:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • i don’t see the adjustments that you are speaking of. her dress is two colored – dark and light gray. the darker color is what probably making you think that her waist is photoshopped. kinda bad choice in color by them though, since her dress color is very similar to the background!

Comment by AD – September 4, 2013 05:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I love her outfitted. Those optical illusion shade of grey at the side of the waist of the dress and jacket are brilliantly designed. And those shoes are great with the outfit. And Susan Sullivan’s outfit is fantastic too. Best dressed of the bunch.

Comment by Hera – September 4, 2013 05:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • That’s an optical illusion. It’s her dress design/colors causing that, and it was intentional. Plenty of women do that for a slimming effect. She looks absolutely fantastic. You’d think people would notice it was the clothing before griping about photoshop. It’s clear enough when you look closely. It would only look bad if you want to find fault with it.

Comment by scooby – September 4, 2013 08:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They both look gorgeous! Nathan looks so damn good in a tux and Stana is her gorgeous self in that dress, WOW. Just WOW. <3 Most attractive cast on TV for sure!

Comment by Jen (@JenBlaze78) – September 4, 2013 04:58 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can we just enjoy the pictures for what they are? They look extra hot, nothing to complain there.

Comment by Cuffed – September 4, 2013 05:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You should know by now this fandom is never satisfied! I love these pics!

Comment by Shawn – September 4, 2013 07:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Castle and everything, but I want to see Castle writing again because that is why he is with the force for inspiration. I just think they lost that and want to see it back..

Comment by SL – September 4, 2013 05:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Nice shots, thanks for posting!

Comment by John – September 4, 2013 05:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gorgeous.

Comment by Maria – September 4, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m watching Castle reruns on TNT right now. The episodes are from 2009 and OMG was Nathan so much hotter then. Thinner in the face which accents his cleft chin. At that time he was way hotter than Stan. These days, it’s reversed.

Comment by JCK – September 4, 2013 06:17 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nathan still looks great! Weight gain and all! He has lost weight since S4, when he was at his biggest. Even then i’d ride him like I was a cowboy and his name was Black Gold. That is a horse’s name, right? HaHa! I think he was at his hottest in S3 personally, but S1, S2, and S4, and S5 Nathan has made me want to attack my tv a few times as well! Ain’t nothing wrong with a little meat on the bones. I’d tear that man up like he was some barbeque and I hadn’t eaten in days! HaHa!

Comment by Shawn – September 4, 2013 07:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • 1) lol 2) yes, Black Gold won the Kentucky Derby and was the subject of a book by Marguerite Henry.

Comment by scooby – September 4, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I wasn’t so much referring to body weight. His face was so defined in 2009. It made his expressions so much more effective.

Comment by JCK – September 5, 2013 08:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • JCK, that’s true and he could stand to lose a few more pounds if only to get his face leaner so his expressions are more effective, however, the man still has a very expressive face and has pulled me in on more than several occasions with his expressions. I am sure he’s aware of the weight gain and has been looking healthier lately. Sometimes when you lose weight too fast, the face shape doesn’t always change for the best. Sometimes you may get this turkey chin effect, and at times it appears his face/neck has that. The face appears to get wider, too, if you lose weight too fast. Not sure why that happens, but I think it’s how you lose the weight that can affect the shape of your face/chin. I still think he looks really good and even moreso off the show. When he was on Conan this summer… OMG! He was beyond handsome! I just hope he’s healthy. I have heard of some health issues. He’s a really talented and great guy, so I am not going to judge him too harshly.

Comment by Shawn – September 5, 2013 12:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • I have heard of the health issue as well. I’m glad that he seems getting healthier. Also I didn’t know the effect on the shape of yr face regarding to the rate of losing weight. Thx for that.

Comment by Samuel – September 6, 2013 02:17 AM PDT
  • I finally read a comment touting inappropriate footwear. Is it just me or does Beckett get more Nikki Heat all the time?

Comment by Robin – September 4, 2013 08:12 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love the photos!! Stana is so gorgeous OMG!

Comment by Mari – September 4, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Gorgeous! Stana is soo breathtaking! Nathan looks really handsome too. I can’t wait to see 6×1!

Comment by Emma – September 4, 2013 10:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Could they possibly look any more miserable? This is a couple in love?

Comment by alice – September 5, 2013 12:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Oh geez, not this again. The pictures are supposed to look dramatic.

Comment by Jim – September 5, 2013 05:55 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I think, they are posing as Nathan & Stana, not as Castle & Beckett.

Comment by John – September 5, 2013 10:23 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • “Haters, they doth continue to hate.” – W. Shakespeare.

Comment by scooby – September 5, 2013 01:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • They all look stunning! My favorite cast on tv :)

Comment by Astrid – September 5, 2013 02:02 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did he loose weight a little? I can’t see. I always pray before new season that Captain Mal will loose weight and be hot again and for Sam Winchester to cut his hair and be as hot as he was in first seasons. But Jared just won’t give up. And still wears that idiotic long hair. I also pray for Officer Rick to shave. Because Grey beard ages him so much. But he still wears it.

Comment by St – September 5, 2013 04:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Nathan still looks hot to me! HaHa! The man’s just a handsome dude! HaHa! Even people with weight can be attractive. It doesn’t mean people are always unattractive with weight. I have seen some very beautiful heavier built women and men. Nathan’s nowhere obese. Just has a big frame. One that i’d love to get upon and ride like a pony like that Ginuwine hit from the 90′s! HaHa! HE-HAWW! It makes me laugh every time someone thinks Nathan’s weight gain completely detracts from his good looks. Even slightly doing so, the man still looks GREAT!

Comment by Shawn – September 6, 2013 09:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Alec Baldwin clone anyone? Definitely better than last year’s but enough with the airbrushing already.

Comment by Barb – September 5, 2013 04:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • All the cast are really beatiful people so it is not difficult to do this, but to me, since season 4 the photoshot, the pictures lacks personality, If their goal is just to put the actors in some stance and shoot, cool. But if they are trying to portray the characters in some different “lights”, they are failing, big.

Comment by Erin – September 5, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When you hear the word, “Photogenic” the person you should think of is Stana Katic. Nobody looks better in shots than her.

Comment by Teri Shannon – September 5, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How about a little love for Lannie?!?! She looks fine in that skirt. I’d let her “examine” me.

Comment by Georgia Madman – September 5, 2013 10:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Love it! Looking forward to the key art and group shot, guessing that those have a wedding theme and will get released after the premiere.

Comment by Becca – September 5, 2013 04:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Fillion looks great, Katic looks great. Everybody looks great.

It disappoints me to read comments in which fans tear to shreds the appearances of the actors on screen or posing in photographs. These poor people: they can’t catch a break! You don’t have to be stick thin to be attractive, and you shouldn’t have to worry that placing your hand in front of your middle in a photograph will engender “she’s pregnant” jibes. Believe it or not, many actors actually read the comments on online forums (or their friends and families do, and pass along what they see). I appreciate that everyone is entitled to his or her opinion, and I do not fault them for voicing it, but I do wish some of said individuals would think a little more deeply before posting comments about the appearances of people they don’t even know. Wouldn’t you feel sad to find out that your criticism helped to spark an eating disorder or other health-related problem? I certainly would.

Comment by Lauren – September 5, 2013 06:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! I don’t get the Nathan is too fat complaints. The man is still as handsome as all get out. I love the way he loosk now just as much as I did in S1. Don’t get me started on S3. I don’t think I can watch an episode without drooling over all the hotness on my screen. HaHa! But seriously, I think the pics are great and the cast looks fantastic and I can’t wait to see the real things on my screen in less than 3 weeks. It’s no secret in the industry that photoshopping and airbrushing takes place. It’s not even worth commenting on to me. I think this fandom is full of negative nancys and naysayers who don’t seem to care much about the show, but more about hearing themselves complain. It’s a shame since this is such a great show. I don’t bother posting with the fandom often because of all the complaining.

Comment by Shawn – September 6, 2013 09:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • I think Nathan is handsome too it just kinda bothers me to notice the weight gain, especially after watching Firefly and Serenity recently. And oh my gosh that bedroom scene in Serenity where he was so freaking toned! It just makes me wonder what happened to him in less than ten years – heck even five – to change so drastically. It’s more curiosity than a lack of respect for such a great actor.

Comment by EEOperator – January 8, 2014 09:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A fascinating discussion is definitely worth comment.
    I do thinbk that you ought to publish more on this topic,
    it may not be a taboo subject butt typically people don’t talk
    about these issues. To the next! Best wishes!!

Comment by kasperskycoupon.webspawner.com – September 24, 2013 01:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • When, actually, is season 6 supposed to be released? I hpope I’m still alive.

Comment by James Eller – October 9, 2013 07:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why do u ppl keep saying the pics are photoshopped? They all look very good and may’ve been “touched up” but if they were photoshopped, u likely wouldn’t be able to tell because the whole point to photoshopping is to make it so u can’t tell that the orig pic didn’t really look like that. So unless u folks have some sorta weird superpowered eyesight that’s specially tuned to spot photoshopped pics, ur assuming, and we all know what happens when u ASSume right? And all of u photoshop theorists were certainly doing a bang up job at it too. But please spare those of us who actually liked the pics and just shut the he// up. Have a nice day!:)

Comment by Phillip – February 15, 2014 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post