Ratings: Mistresses Surges to 12-Week Highs

Get More: News, Ratings

JES MACALLAN, BRETT TUCKERThose Mistresses are still jonesing for a Season 2 pick-up — is it time for ABC to satisfy them with one?

The sudser’s penultimate freshman episode this Monday night drew 4.1 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, surging 17 and 30 percent to 12-week highs. The show also hit all-time highs in the 18-34 and Women 18-34 demos.

RELATED | ABC Extends Mistresses Cast’s Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Coming?

CBS’ Under the Dome as usual (yet increasingly undeservedly so) topped the night with 10.7 million viewers and a 2.6, down a few eyeballs yet up a tenth in the demo.

RELATED | Under the Dome Recap: Labor Day Barbie Qs

Over on NBC, American Ninja Warrior (5.5 mil.1.8) ticked up a tenth to a new season high, while Siberia (1.9 mil/0.7) rose 9 percent and a tenth.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Castle and 44 Other Returning Faves

The CW’s Breaking Pointe was steady with 490K/0.2.

Tags:

Comments (30)

• last nights mistresses was alright. it annoys the crap out of me that they are dragging out the paternity storyline. I NEED TO KNOW. I enjoyed last nights Under the Dome. not the best episode but it wasn’t bad.

Comment by Elyse – September 3, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully this is good news for a Mistresses renewal! I need more of this show in my life.

Comment by Lynn – September 3, 2013 09:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • ABC do the right thing and pick it up for season 2

Comment by Joe Petitjean – September 3, 2013 09:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yes, please pick this up for season 2 already. Thank you.
    P.S. Where is the Mistresses recap? Matt, can you please nudge Michael? Thank you!

Comment by SK – September 3, 2013 09:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • During his vacation…? I think not.

Comment by Matt Webb Mitovich – September 3, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Oh, sorry, Matt! I didn’t know he was on vacation. I guess I should have guessed that reading last week’s recap. I just love his recaps and missed it. Sorry again! :)

Comment by SK – September 4, 2013 05:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • It’s just not the same without a recap from Michael.

Comment by Mary – September 4, 2013 01:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Omg yeah. A ‘Mistresses’ episode is just not the same without Slezak’s recap.
      Anyway, last night’s episode is kinda slow. April annoys me to hell. But I think it’s more like a calm before a storm.
      Promo for next week’s finale looks very intense!
      P.s. Love how they tied up Alex and Joss’ story. As for Karen, I hope she got brain upgrade during the hiatus, because S2 is coming, right?

Comment by Leo – September 3, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Was anyone else floored by Joss dropping “a–hole” on primetime?!? Since when was that permissible on ABC??

Comment by Jonas – September 3, 2013 10:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I wondered the same thing. It didn’t offend me but definitely took me by surprise.

Comment by Cassandra – September 3, 2013 02:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I was surprised too; not offended, but didn’t think that the networks were permitted to air that word.

Comment by Lisa – September 8, 2013 08:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses has been picking up steam with each episode, and the previews for next weeks finale look terrific. It really deserves a season two. UTD is a bit uneven to me. One really good episode followed by two mediocre ones, then it picks up again. Like the show just wish they’d pick up the pace a bit.

Comment by Wrstlgirl – September 3, 2013 10:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • @Matt, Michael posted an article today so one assumed he was back from vacation? That is why question on recap ofbMistresses I imagine.

Comment by Chablis – September 3, 2013 11:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Goodness! I can’t wait til next week’s episodes!! Seriously those previews have me on the edge of my seat! It looks bad! Season 2 pick up please!

Comment by Robin – September 3, 2013 12:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Its boring, I would’ve thought ABC cancelled them a long time ago

Comment by newinkpop – September 3, 2013 12:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • can someone else put up a recap then? like u matt? :)

Comment by Krit – September 3, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While it’s a 12-week high, it’s still a small number. It’s summer so it could be renewed, but honestly, I don’t see ratings getting better next year.

Comment by Choco – September 3, 2013 01:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While not the most watched show this summer, ABC could definitely benefit from a little consistency with summer blocks by renewing it. I think it’d be a smart move. Plus, it’s a good show. So, why not.

Comment by Clayton – September 3, 2013 02:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • While I recognize this show is a hot mess, it is a hot mess I’ve come to thoroughly enjoy. It better be renewed because with this show, you just know the finale won’t just have A cliffhanger, there’s likely for be 4(one for each of the ladies).

Comment by Cassandra – September 3, 2013 02:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree – it reminds me of the love/hate relationship that I had with Melrose Place. You get so ticked off at some of the characters and at times ridiculous storylines, but you always come back for more.

Comment by Lisa – September 8, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses would be a great show if it got rid of the character of Karen. I can’t stand this character. She is nothing like the brilliant character from the BBC version. She does bad things and acts like a victim. She’s so annoying

Comment by bigdede – September 3, 2013 04:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The promo for the finale shows someone getting shot, I immediately yelled “Let it be Karen, please!”.

Comment by Cassandra – September 3, 2013 06:33 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really want a season 2 pick up for Mistresses! Make it happen, ABC!

Comment by twilight123 – September 3, 2013 04:16 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I like Mistresses but I’ll be suprised if ABC renews it.
    I think Devious Maids is a better show and there is the added bonus of not having to endure the unbelievably stupid Karen from Mistresses.

Comment by IMHO – September 3, 2013 04:19 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Mistresses has turned out to be a really fun summer show. Hope it comes back for another season!

Comment by Paul – September 3, 2013 06:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m so torn over Mistresses. On one hand its such a good Summer soap that’s campy and over the top. On the other hand its not like its bringing anything new or exciting to the genre but really love Alyssa Milano and the rest of the cast. I would probably watch S2 if ABC were to green light it but I wouldn’t be upset if it gets cancelled either.

Comment by Jared – September 3, 2013 09:38 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously. Where is the Mistresses recap! This show better get picked up.

Comment by Deanna – September 4, 2013 06:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please renew for season 2 :) love love love this program!! X

Comment by Victoria – September 5, 2013 03:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Did anyone else hear some random guy talking at certain points during the episode? I heard him saying things will three of the ladies were having shots (it mentioned that one of the shots was water and said something during a pause in Savi’s lines)… and again when Karen called Elizabeth (it was like a stage direction this time that Karen would put the file down and look at the phone)…. and lastly when the voice said “in Lucy’s room” when the show came back from commercial and April was in Lucy’s room with her. Who was speaking? Was that an error? Was I the only one that heard it?!

Comment by Brendan – September 8, 2013 12:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I hope that ABC renews it as a Summer series. I love the actors and feel that the show has improved and it deserves a chance! I am a straight woman but totally have a girl crush on Alyssa and Jes. :) I originally started watching because of the actor who plays Harry!

Comment by Lisa – September 8, 2013 08:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post