Ratings: Mistresses Surges to 12-Week Highs

JES MACALLAN, BRETT TUCKERThose Mistresses are still jonesing for a Season 2 pick-up — is it time for ABC to satisfy them with one?

The sudser’s penultimate freshman episode this Monday night drew 4.1 million total viewers and a 1.3 demo rating, surging 17 and 30 percent to 12-week highs. The show also hit all-time highs in the 18-34 and Women 18-34 demos.

RELATED | ABC Extends Mistresses Cast’s Options — Is a Season 2 Renewal Coming?

CBS’ Under the Dome as usual (yet increasingly undeservedly so) topped the night with 10.7 million viewers and a 2.6, down a few eyeballs yet up a tenth in the demo.

RELATED | Under the Dome Recap: Labor Day Barbie Qs

Over on NBC, American Ninja Warrior (5.5 mil.1.8) ticked up a tenth to a new season high, while Siberia (1.9 mil/0.7) rose 9 percent and a tenth.

PHOTOS | Fall TV Spoiler Spectacular: Exclusive Scoop on Castle and 44 Other Returning Faves

The CW’s Breaking Pointe was steady with 490K/0.2.

1. Elyse says:

last nights mistresses was alright. it annoys the crap out of me that they are dragging out the paternity storyline. I NEED TO KNOW. I enjoyed last nights Under the Dome. not the best episode but it wasn’t bad.

2. Lynn says:

Hopefully this is good news for a Mistresses renewal! I need more of this show in my life.

3. Joe Petitjean says:

ABC do the right thing and pick it up for season 2

4. SK says:

Yes, please pick this up for season 2 already. Thank you.
    P.S. Where is the Mistresses recap? Matt, can you please nudge Michael? Thank you!

• Matt Webb Mitovich says:

During his vacation…? I think not.

• Leo says:

Omg yeah. A ‘Mistresses’ episode is just not the same without Slezak’s recap.
      Anyway, last night’s episode is kinda slow. April annoys me to hell. But I think it’s more like a calm before a storm.
      Promo for next week’s finale looks very intense!
      P.s. Love how they tied up Alex and Joss’ story. As for Karen, I hope she got brain upgrade during the hiatus, because S2 is coming, right?

5. Jonas says:

Was anyone else floored by Joss dropping “a–hole” on primetime?!? Since when was that permissible on ABC??

6. Wrstlgirl says:

Mistresses has been picking up steam with each episode, and the previews for next weeks finale look terrific. It really deserves a season two. UTD is a bit uneven to me. One really good episode followed by two mediocre ones, then it picks up again. Like the show just wish they’d pick up the pace a bit.

7. Chablis says:

@Matt, Michael posted an article today so one assumed he was back from vacation? That is why question on recap ofbMistresses I imagine.

8. Robin says:

Goodness! I can’t wait til next week’s episodes!! Seriously those previews have me on the edge of my seat! It looks bad! Season 2 pick up please!

9. newinkpop says:

Its boring, I would’ve thought ABC cancelled them a long time ago

10. Krit says:

can someone else put up a recap then? like u matt? :)

11. Choco says:

While it’s a 12-week high, it’s still a small number. It’s summer so it could be renewed, but honestly, I don’t see ratings getting better next year.

12. Clayton says:

While not the most watched show this summer, ABC could definitely benefit from a little consistency with summer blocks by renewing it. I think it’d be a smart move. Plus, it’s a good show. So, why not.

13. Cassandra says:

While I recognize this show is a hot mess, it is a hot mess I’ve come to thoroughly enjoy. It better be renewed because with this show, you just know the finale won’t just have A cliffhanger, there’s likely for be 4(one for each of the ladies).

• Lisa says:

I agree – it reminds me of the love/hate relationship that I had with Melrose Place. You get so ticked off at some of the characters and at times ridiculous storylines, but you always come back for more.

14. bigdede says:

Mistresses would be a great show if it got rid of the character of Karen. I can’t stand this character. She is nothing like the brilliant character from the BBC version. She does bad things and acts like a victim. She’s so annoying

15. twilight123 says:

I really want a season 2 pick up for Mistresses! Make it happen, ABC!

16. IMHO says:

I like Mistresses but I’ll be suprised if ABC renews it.
    I think Devious Maids is a better show and there is the added bonus of not having to endure the unbelievably stupid Karen from Mistresses.

17. Paul says:

Mistresses has turned out to be a really fun summer show. Hope it comes back for another season!

18. Jared says:

I’m so torn over Mistresses. On one hand its such a good Summer soap that’s campy and over the top. On the other hand its not like its bringing anything new or exciting to the genre but really love Alyssa Milano and the rest of the cast. I would probably watch S2 if ABC were to green light it but I wouldn’t be upset if it gets cancelled either.

19. Deanna says:

Seriously. Where is the Mistresses recap! This show better get picked up.

20. Victoria says:

Please renew for season 2 :) love love love this program!! X

21. Brendan says:

Did anyone else hear some random guy talking at certain points during the episode? I heard him saying things will three of the ladies were having shots (it mentioned that one of the shots was water and said something during a pause in Savi’s lines)… and again when Karen called Elizabeth (it was like a stage direction this time that Karen would put the file down and look at the phone)…. and lastly when the voice said “in Lucy’s room” when the show came back from commercial and April was in Lucy’s room with her. Who was speaking? Was that an error? Was I the only one that heard it?!

22. Lisa says:

I hope that ABC renews it as a Summer series. I love the actors and feel that the show has improved and it deserves a chance! I am a straight woman but totally have a girl crush on Alyssa and Jes. :) I originally started watching because of the actor who plays Harry!