Fox Orders Ryan Seacrest-Produced Dream Date, New Reality Series to Feature 'Celebrity Element'

AMERICAN IDOL: Ryan Seacrest. CR: Warwick Saint / FOXRyan Seacrest and Fox are going on a Dream Date.

The network has quietly begun production on a new dating series produced by the longtime American Idol host, TVLine has confirmed.

RELATED | Fall TV Premiere Dates 2013: Calendar of 100 + Series and Season Premieres

Details are scarce, but according to Deadline (which first broke the news), Dream Date revolves around a group of women looking for love and features a celebrity element.

The project could premiere as early as late fall.

1. dude says:

Any time you add a “Celebrity” element, it’s a recipe for disaster as most high profile celebrities refuse to lower themselves to doing a reality show so you get the same mess of D-list reality stars and fame whores. The only show that’s seemed to deliver on the celebrity element is Hollywood Game Night and that’s because it’s a fun gameshow that has no affect on a star’s career.

• Steve says:

While I found Game Night boring, it seems to have been able to capitalize on Jane Lynch;s contacts. It got bigger name celebrities than other shows and that was before even 1 episode aired

2. Eric says:

These networks are so stupid. When are they going to realize that these dating shows do NOT work? The only successful dating shows out there are The Bachelor and The Bachelorette, if I am not mistaken. Every dating show I’ve seen come on the air in the past few years (other than those 2) have been cancelled after 1 season or even before the 1st season has even finished airing. They are just asking for low ratings and wasted money by putting shows like that on. I swear, these networks are so stupid.

• Chris says:

Lets not jump the gun lets at least wait and see what it’s all about first. Ryan hasn’t put out anything that wasn’t successful so maybe this will actually be entertaining. Besides we don’t have all the details yet like it says.

3. I says:

Will this include the Kartrasians?

4. tahina says:

Ryan Seacrest what a surprise! Ugh. :/

5. Alienate says:

Ryan is laughing all the way to the bank. As Dick Clark’s protege, he has mastered the “art” of selling crap for outrageous prices. I like Ryan, I just dislike his shows. His Idol hosting is the only exception… he’s the best.

6. lariet50 says:

Y’all, I totally thought that headline said “Celebrity Elephant,” and my first reaction was “I’M THERE!!!”

7. Alex says:

Because we need another reality show.

8. Boiler says:

How stupid is FOX anyway???

9. K. says:

Another show with Seacrest! Don’t think I’ll be watching…..

10. Polly says:

wow. it has RATINGS written all over it. too bad it’s in a language nobody can read.

11. staci says:

Didn’t NBC do this with their dating show they had on.. with the guy from Plain White T’s band… and it didn’t even last on air.. I never watch it….

12. cuius says:

Shouldn’t reality be in quotes? These shows seem to be diametrically opposite to reality

13. Mary says:

Enough with the stupid reality crap. Talk about overload. Maybe fox and other networks need to hire people with a little initiative and come up with maybe a good TV show instead of trying to copy each other shows. Maybe there is a reason why TV ratings are going down. I will not be watching.

14. Do you have a spam problem on this website; I also am
    a blogger, and I was curious about your situation; many of us have developed
    some nice methods and we are looking to exchange solutions with other folks,
    be sure to shoot me an email if interested.

15. Aprilcot says:

Seacrest is seriously the worst.

16. Ben says:

I don’t think Seacrest is anything special, and I won’t be watching the show.