Cop, Out: The Glades Cancelled By A&E

The Glades CancelledTalk about a lousy (non-)wedding gift: Just days after The Glades scored season-high ratings with its Season 4 finale, A&E has officially cancelled the Florida-based procedural.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Menace to Raise Hell on A&E’s Bates Motel

The series on Monday night wrapped up its fourth season with an audience of 3.4 million total viewers, with 1.1 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot — also marking all-time highs for a finale.

Sadly, that season-ender also left groom-to-be Jim’s life in flux, shot as he was by an unseen assailant.

RELATED | Alias Alum Checks Into A&E’s Bates Motel as Norma’s [Spoiler]

On Thursday, A&E’s other Monday-night drama, Longmire, took a big step toward seeming a Season 2 pick-up when exec producer John Coveny claimed as much on Twitter — though the cabler has yet to confirm the good news.

1. Big Momma says:

PLEASE GIVE US AN ENDING TO THIS GREAT SHOW IF YOU MUST TAKE IT OFF TO RERUN DUCK DYNASTY FOR DAYS AT A TIME. I’VE WATCHED EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THE GLADES EPISODES. I WATCH DUCK DYNESTY ONLY WHEN THERE IS A NEW EPISODE. IT GETS BORING TO REWATCH TIME AND AGAIN, AND I’M ACTUALLY A SOUTHERNER . . . . . .
    I’M AFRAID A&E IS OFF MY LIST OF FAVORITE STATIONS.

2. J.McDaniel says:

All I can say is the people that made the decision to cancel THE GLADES have to be off their rocker. That was one of the best shows on TV. Longmiere is also the best. People depend on TV to forget their hectic day and relax. What were you thinking or were you thinking. Put that cap on again and use it this time. Wakeup be for you lose all your viewers. Get smart!!!!

3. Loretta says:

We finally get “good” shows on TV and this happens everytime…And what’s the reason why?

4. Matthew peterson says:

please… I beg of you… please finish glades with a fifth season. you owe us that. its the best show ever to be put on air.

5. Jeanne says:

Sorry to say, but Matt has moved on to another project (under contract! Duck Dynasty is on at least four times a day! What a shame; people are tired of stupid reality show. I WANT GLADES BACK!!! Not looking at A&E, anymore!!

6. Thera says:

I loved A&E when it first started. But it’s been going downhill for years and catering to the lowest common denominator until all I watched was The Glades. Now it’s gone IN THE WORST WAY POSSIBLE!

You guys suck and I’m so done with A&E.

7. kebin says:

this is so stupid i love that show …

8. great wolf says:

This truly sucks BUT it’s also the testimonial to the taste of the American TV audience. Enjoy your Duck Dynasty, rednecks.

9. cheryl Waid says:

This is very sad – Glades was a Great show! and I agree with the majority of comments,
    this show canceled yet other ridiculous shows stay on???Where is the sense in that?

10. Rick says:

A&E, you suck…. Great show and cast and you cancel and leave other crap stuff on. Unreal, it was really the only good show on your network. Now I guess I won’t be watching you any longer…

11. David R. says:

Man, this cancellation sure was quiet. I just read about it today. That really sucks to end it on a real cliffhanger. Just my luck, I get interested in another show that gets cancelled. I guess I should just give up on Longmire also since they’ll probably cancel that on me too.

12. Jean says:

I cant believe a Network woould do that

13. Ripley Quinn says:

Has anyone been able to find out if/when Season 4 will be released on DVD – I can’t find it anywhere – help please.

14. Tracy Little says:

I can’t believe A&E canceled Glades right after the best viewing night. They would rather put on Shipping Wars or reruns of Dog the Bounty Hunter. Than put on a Glades a show that people want to watch and that are loyal fans!! Hey A&E bring back Glades!!!

15. Jeanne says:

I think its too late! Matt Passmore has gone on to another project (under contract)

16. CAN’T BELIEVE YOU CANCELED SUCH A GOOD SHOW, AND TO LEAVE US IN LIMBO AS TO WHAT HAPPENED SHAME ON YOU,.WITH ALL THE TASTELESS AN STUPID REALITY SHOWS ON YOUR STATION THE GLADES WAS THE BOMB, WOW IS ALL I CAN SAY,AN OH YEAH GOODBYE.

17. PISSED OFF, WELL I GUESS IM DONE WITH THIS NETWORK.

18. Jenn says:

A&E YOU SUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That’s the only thing I can say

19. john k says:

I do hope another network gets wise and picks up the glades. I started to watch Longmire because it was on the same channel but does not compare to the glades. Now that the glades is gone I have no reason to tune into A&E and I am sure there are others out there that feel the same way. Let’s see how viewership does this season with, in my opinion, was not only the best show on their network, but one of the best shows on tv.

• Colleen says:

I had The Glades and Longmire on my DVR. Once The Glades was cancelled I also deleted Longmire because I won’t watch anything on A&E again. I understand if the series needed to be cancelled but I think it shows complete disregard for the loyal viewers to end the show in this way.

• Nancy Cheyne says:

I too will never watch A&E again – I just wish I could find the final season of The Glades on DVD  but can’t find it anywhere – has anyone found it ?  Help …. have the 1st three seasons.

20. Glads says:

Please, please, please, bring back The Glades.. I can not believe Y’ALL just keep us hanging. At least give us a very good ending that we can believe in A&E … It is not fair to your loyal watchers.

21. sandra Lynch says:

I love the show what is wrong with you people at A&E. You get good shows on then take them off. REALLY

22. Tiffany Marie says:

I love the glades I hate that they stopped making it ); the glades is the best show I’m the world….. I going to miss the glades. ); ); );

23. Tiffany Marie says:

What did u guys drink when u guys stopped making the glades. I hate the people who stopped making the glades they are stupid people.{~•~}

24. debbie lee says:

At least I am not the only viewer who is upset over this. Couldn’t USA or FX pick up the show and finish the storyline? It sucks that having to wait so long for the series to re appear was bad enough, then to find that they had cancelled it? So not fair.

25. June says:

Glades was a GREAT show – but we have wasted our breath complaining here. . . . Go to A & E and write your complaint or do a snail mail letter to the attention of the President of A&E . . . Talk ADVERTISING Dollars of $3.5M X $10-20 per person! ! !!

26. Damn it. I hate networks that cancel shows that end a season on a cliffhanger. They should’ve at least done 1 more episode to wrap things up. A&E you suck! I won’t be watching your station agin.

27. Dory says:

a&e is getting their own back. Bad publicity on the ducks. USA has an article on Passmores new show. Picture of female lead. insert shrug. They are not taking any more comments.

28. K Hurd says:

With crappy shows like “Storage Wars”. “Shipping Wars”, “Duck Dynasty” who needs a show that actually contains a story line, drama, acting, comedy. I have never missed an episode of “The Glades”. How totally horrible of A & E not to give the loyal followers of “The Glades” some closure. I will not watch the “A & E” channel again!!!!!!

• Jeanne says:

I agree! We are sick of these stupid “reality” shows. Glades was one of the best shows you could actually sit with family and watch. Matt, has unfortunately, has gone on to another show! Now, look at “Duck Dynasty!” They cancel Glades for that trash! I’ll only watch A&E to see Longmire! The petition to A&E didn’t do any good.

29. darcy says:

Please bring the glades back please i want to see them get married

30. charles says:

I love Longmire. I really loved Glades. Now with the way they treated Glades I am thinking it is useless to continue to watch Longmire. Next year they will just leave you hanging on Longmire–then cancel the show-just like the Glades -so why watch?

31. Linda K says:

I agree with most all of the comments. I loved the show. Why did it have to leave the loyal watches up in the air with this nail-biting ending and then cancel the series. Why not cancel stupid shows like Storage Wars and those other ridiculous reality shows. Top brass at A&E need to fire some of the executives who make these decisions. Good-bye A&E, I am through with you. Why we we watch any new series now with the possibility that they will be cancelled and the viewers will be left holding the bag.

32. Bob says:

Seems to be the norm now days, all the good shows that I watch tend to be cancelled. But some of the worst shows live on. Seems that if you do not have a show that has bad morals or is just down right immoral and stupid then it won’t make it. I am sure that shows like I love Lucy, Bonanza, or even The Brady Bunch would not last a full season on TV now unless something like Mrs. Brady was having an affair with the neighbor or Marsha was pregnet and Greg came out of the closet as “Gay”.

33. Mark D says:

You Guys Suck, You Cancel The Glades, But Leave an Asinine Show Like Duck Dynasty On, Apparently Your Taste Is In Your Mouth.

34. Cathy Fahey says:

I’m still pissed off this got cancelled. Damn it, if you run a show people like, don’t cancel it!

35. Jim says:

You know how Duck dynasty was sticking together everyone should do the same and not watch A&E until they put the Glade back on the air

• Jeanne says:

They’re not going to put it back on. We’re trying to get them to, at least, have a movie to end the series. Matt Passmore has gone on to another show! We’ll see what happens. I’m not looking at A&E until Longmire is back on. And, that will be the only thing I’ll watch on that channel!!

36. Jeanne says:

I don’t know how many of the fans has seen this
    We hit the 10K mark on the petition, and after recent events, we now see that AETV does respond to public pressure. We certainly don’t have the numbers that Duck Dynasty has, but we love our show just the same.

All said and done, our goal should be to have a closing movie special. I know all of us would like to see another season, but I’m not sure that is realistic right now. I’m planning to post this on CNN’s iReport, so if you want to create a video clip about what you like about “The Glades”, post it on Youtube and send me a link. I’ll create the report and submit it to see if we can get some news buzz before the whole AETV controversy goes out of cycle.

Thanks again to everyone who has worked hard to spread the word about this petition and the writers, producers, and actors have certainly noticed and been thankful for all of your support.

Let’s not give up!

This message was sent by Jason M using the Change.org system. You received this email because you signed a petition started by Jason M on Change.org: “AETV: Bring back “The Glades”.” Change.org does not endorse contents of this message.

View the petition

37. Meghan says:

Why would they cancel this show? I love this show, I am a huge fan of criminal and CSI shows and this was my favorite. It is so stupid that they canceled this show, they really need to start it up again.

38. Raqel says:

Mas que grande brincadeira … Está aqui pessoas que seguem a série á espera que saía a 5ª temporada e estes cromos cancela. Obrigadinha siim ?

39. Heather says:

I can’t believe how foolish it is for a network to cancel such a great show. Leaving us all hanging like that is cruel and unusual punishment. They should have a closure episode.

40. Marilynn Van Ahee says:

I am sooo mad, I really liked that show. Good story line and just good family entertainment. They really made a mistake on canceling this show!

41. kevin gonspm says:

never fails. find something i can get into and it gets canceled. BRING IT BACK!!!!!!

42. kevin gibson says:

unless it is brought back, i will not be viewing A&E again

43. kevin gibson says:

the more i think about this he angrier i get

44. suzie says:

I agree with so many who have voiced their disappointment with A&E cancelling The Glades. So is Longmire next? I am sooo tired of Reality shows (nothing but BIG EGOS), TV Voice and talent shows (more big EGOS). Who cares what these limelight seekers want to do with their lives. Is TV only for the teens and young adults? Who do you think pays so these kids can have their own TVs and now their own kiddie shows. And I hate to say what I think of the so many adults like these. I’d rather watch History channel, Travel, cooking – anything but reality tv. My favorites are shows are those like the Glades, Longmire, Royal Pains, Suits, Elementary, Person of Interest, The Blacklist, Chicago Fire, The Good Wife, Blue Bloods, Hostage, Hell on Wheels, etc. At least you feel like you’ve been seen some decent entertainment. A&E you really suck,

• mary says:

great comments…and shows…I would add Betrayal to the list….one of my faves..and it got low ratings…bad time slot…opposite football on a Sunday eve. I loved it…a limited series as Hostages was. The cast was so good…Stuart Townsend to name one.
      Really wish we had had an ending to the Glades. Bad decision….!

45. lisa says:

I am so boycotting you A&E!!!!!

46. Amanda says:

I really hope this is not sure my mom got me into this show when my husband was deployed and I got him into the show when he came home. If y’all do plan on ending this show at least do one more season…. But I really hope y’all plan on keeping this show up I really love watching it with my husband

47. Pat Nash says:

Good By AandE…..no more Glades, no more me or my family. You stink.
    Stick to the Ducks, that’s about your speed.

48. denise currier says:

I agree with all. glades was a great show kind of reminded me of columbo remember his ratings!!!! you really screwed up by cancelling this show. there are so many others that should be.you need to think this cancelation over very carefully. you need to think about the people that have been following it for years. I am sooooo disappointed!!!!

49. Sue says:

The Glades was one of the shows that made cable channels superior. A&E seems to have pretty awful shows generally and it is a disappointment that they cancelled one of my favorites without letting it run its cycle. I really hate reality shows; I understand that they are much cheaper to produce but is it right to waste resources and air time to appeal to the lowest common denominator? Apparently it is the strategy chosen by A&E. I would love to see a channel such as USA or TNT give The Glades a new home.

• Gary S. says:

I agree with you. I have been following this since it was announced they cancelled THE GLADES. It is truly sad how the management of A&E not only thought to do this BUT allowed it to happen. And then ending the show the way they did is borderline criminal.
      And now you will come to find out there is no way to bring the show back ad the Characters have moved on and we cant blame them. USA &TNT had a chance to bring the show on. but never acted fast enough. For those of you who remember VEGAS with James Caan and company how they ended that show? :( I still am mad about that

• Jeanne says:

The damage has been done! A&E are not going to do anything (even with 10,000 signatures on a petition) Matt Passmore has a new show coming on USA (I think) very soon. What are these people thinking? Replacing The Glades with Duck Dynasty!!!!! A&E sucks!!

50. How can you leave it like this, you left us with a cliffhanger not an ending, I think we deserve more. It sucks that you take off the good shows and put on stupid reality shows, we have too many of those all ready. We at least deserve an ending….