Cop, Out: The Glades Cancelled By A&E

Get More: Cancellations, News

The Glades CancelledTalk about a lousy (non-)wedding gift: Just days after The Glades scored season-high ratings with its Season 4 finale, A&E has officially cancelled the Florida-based procedural.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Menace to Raise Hell on A&E’s Bates Motel

The series on Monday night wrapped up its fourth season with an audience of 3.4 million total viewers, with 1.1 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot — also marking all-time highs for a finale.

Sadly, that season-ender also left groom-to-be Jim’s life in flux, shot as he was by an unseen assailant.

RELATED | Alias Alum Checks Into A&E’s Bates Motel as Norma’s [Spoiler]

On Thursday, A&E’s other Monday-night drama, Longmire, took a big step toward seeming a Season 2 pick-up when exec producer John Coveny claimed as much on Twitter — though the cabler has yet to confirm the good news.

Tags: ,

Comments (833)

• how rediculos cancel glades without ending.and keep stupid so called reality shows.

Comment by michael – October 10, 2013 08:05 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is further proof of why A&E is the redheaded stepchild of the Cable Networks. Somebody please beat up the exec who stupidly canceled this show.

Comment by Lancelot9201 – October 11, 2013 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A&E sucks they are always cancelling good shows, put the glades back on you morons.

Comment by Ann – October 11, 2013 02:13 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • are u fricking kidding me A and E ur the most STUPID people anyone has ever met i cant express that enough. are u fricking high u dont fricking cancel the fricking show afer the u idiots

Comment by hugh – October 14, 2013 12:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • We deserve a decent finale for The Glades. Producers and TV Directors must show some respect and consideration to their audience and clients.

Comment by Eny – October 15, 2013 06:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Probably best not to get involved in anymore A&E shows, they will just leave you hanging!!!!???

Comment by Ghouse – October 15, 2013 05:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • the glades the best show on t.v to cancel it would be a greate mistake

Comment by peter – October 15, 2013 06:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I love the glades I watch it all the time. I can’t believe that a&e would do this. This was a stupid move. Please bring it back ;-(

Comment by Stephanie – October 15, 2013 10:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with you—she was acting pretty strange their at the end— and consider that Ray is missing?

Comment by Lisa – October 16, 2013 10:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m sure it will because most people that watched The Glades — stayed up for Longmire–know that the glades will not be on people will forget about the 10:00 Show

Comment by Lisa – October 16, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched the Glades, Longmire was on before the Glades rerun, Longmire is the MUST SEE show. That is why it was not cancelled. Having said that…..I enjoyed the Glades a great deal and am very pissed that they would cancel such an entertaining show for another damned “reality” show.

Comment by Carolyn – October 16, 2013 10:45 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Save The Glades Boycott A&E until they bring the show back and start listening to their viewers. We started out strictly to save the Glades, now we’ve grown into wanting respect for all viewers. After reading posts on the A&E facebook page for the last few weeks it seems that A&E does not respect any of their viewers. Many fans are angry and disappointed. We all want respect. Frankly I wouldn’t be an investor or advertiser on network that would cancel a quality program with the ratings that the Glades had. Other networks know how to close out a show that has a loyal fan base such as Burn Notice. I applaud them for letting their fans know that this was their last season and closed the show properly. I understand that TV shows eventually come to an end, but to cancel “The Glades” that has been on for 4 seasons with a HUGE cliffhanger is inexcusable especially with the ratings that it had.

Comment by Barbara A – October 17, 2013 11:44 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • We need to boycott their advertisers as well. $$$$ is the only thing these people understand.

Comment by Carolyn – October 17, 2013 01:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • great points made !!! and also write to the sponsors of the shows. I love the new show on abc…Betrayal….and it could go next. The cast is great..and the story line. I hope not to be left with unanswered story info…as we were on Glades.

Comment by Mary – October 17, 2013 01:24 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can A&E end a series this way. The fans deserve to know who shot Jim. Please at least give us an additional one or two shows and end it with finding the shooter, JIM SURVIVING AND GETTING MARRIED TO CALLIE. OTHERWISE, I AM FINSHED WITH A AND E.

Comment by max – October 18, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I know there are a lot of false rumors out there. I just read on another board that glades may be picked up by another network. ANYONE???

Comment by Dory – October 20, 2013 08:03 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I HOPE SO! A&E had 4 showings of Duck DYNASTY ON. Give me a break!!!

Comment by Jeanne – October 20, 2013 08:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Let’s hope this is a TRUE Rumor THX for reponse

Comment by Dory – October 20, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The Glades had it highest rating this last season—–Do you know what you are talking about. Most people are tired of the Reality show making silly people rich. Why can’t we have a good drama to forget about the real world sometimes………

Comment by Lisa – October 22, 2013 07:36 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Can’t believe they would do this. They manage to keep stupid stuff on the air and mindless sitcoms–it’s hard enough trying to find something on tv worth watching!!! I guess I will look for another tv station!!!

Comment by Linda – October 23, 2013 08:30 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I have been following the comments since they announced the cancellation and i must agree 100% A&E executive that made this decision is the one who should be cancelled. This is a very entertaining show and SHOULD still be on TV and WHO in their right minds cancels a show after they get HIGHER ratings and a cliffhanger like that . YOU are SF#1

Comment by Gary Stueber – October 23, 2013 05:56 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Bad move by A&E. Duck Dynasty? Give me a break!! I look at programs to get AWAY from reality!!

Comment by Jeanne – October 24, 2013 08:01 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I miss the Glades. Please come back.

Comment by darcy – October 24, 2013 08:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • don’t give up…I see one of the networks may bring back Body of Proof..so maybe our voices will be heard !!!!!!!

Comment by mary – October 24, 2013 08:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Come on, this was one of the only detective shows I enjoyed (other than Longmire, boy love that show). My wife loves these things and i’m the typical sports and DYI guy but this really disappoints me with A&E. Where is the petition.

Comment by William – October 27, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • The petition is at Change.org. Petition title is AETV: Bring Back the Glades. You can also Google the petition using the title and it will direct you there. Please sign !

Comment by Bernadette – October 27, 2013 06:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of the BEST shows on t.v. Looks like A&E has a bunch of little kids running the programming.

Comment by Dan – October 28, 2013 05:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hopefully another. Eat work will pick up The Glades. I do like Duck Dynesty, although I don’t watch it regularly, but come on, take the glades off and putting Bates Motel, gimme a break. I will keep watching Longmire,but,that will b it for me on A&E.

Comment by deltagirl – October 28, 2013 08:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I would like to thank Jason M. for starting the “Bring Back the Glades” petition at Change.org. I’ve signed the petition and also have voted numerous times on the People’s Choice Awards. Thanks for posting the link for that also.

Comment by Bernadette – October 31, 2013 04:52 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I also voted on Peoples choice and signed petition.

Comment by Dory – November 1, 2013 07:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Thanks, Jason! Does anyone know how many signatures received? At least they didn’t take Longmire off. But, the way The Glades was ended is unacceptable to the viewers! A&E sucks!!

Comment by Jeanne – November 1, 2013 09:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they take off the Glades and leave on the other junk – reality TV is anything but real and is uninteresting, often crude,loud and just plain boring. Am disgusted with A and E. \years ago it was my favorite, but it and many other stations have digressed to just plain idiocy.

Comment by Pat – November 1, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • how true about these other channels…….such dense comedies…..that super fun night extended……hard to believe……people are missing a great show in Betrayal. !!!!!!!!!!

Comment by mary – November 1, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is OUTRAGOUSE! Another network needs to pick up this show!

Comment by Shannon – November 2, 2013 08:22 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Yeah, if Glades doesn’t come back my family and I are done with A&E. Shows like Dork Dynasty really make me angry. Total morons. Like all the other stations perhaps you’ll come out with “me too” shows like “Sheep Dynasty” and “Crow Dynasty” or Dancing with the Ducks or Singing with Ducks. A&E, your hosts for the Dumbing Down of America.

Comment by Larry Wert – November 3, 2013 05:19 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe they would cancel a show and leave us with a cliffhanger. I will NEVER watch another A&E program. EVER!!!

Comment by teresa floyd – November 4, 2013 06:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • TRULLY DISLIKE A&E AND HAVE NOT WATCHED THEIR CHANNEL SINCE THEY CANCALLED THE GLADES>> THEY NEED TO REMEMBER WHO MAKES THEM WHO THEY ARE!!!!!! THEY STINK IN MY OPINION!!!!!!!!!

Comment by S>ACKLEY – November 5, 2013 12:15 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is so crazy! Has Duck kept up the ratings? I still want Glades back!!

Comment by Jeanne – November 5, 2013 01:41 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How can you do that to your viewers? I thought we were what keeps the networks going. What a selfish thing to do, especially with how it ended last season. BRING IT BACK PLEASE!!!!

Comment by Pam – November 6, 2013 08:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Lifetime did a similar thing with Against the wall. Rachel Carpani on the glades and wanted to follow her career. Went on her website. No updates to this day. They still have her dating MP. I do wonder why actors don’t update their info.

Comment by Dory – November 6, 2013 10:09 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Dory, have you ever watched McLeod’s Daughters? It is an Australian TV show that ran for 8 seasons. Rachel Carpani is in the first 7 seasons and Matt is in the last three. It is such a great show.

Comment by Colleen – November 6, 2013 01:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • Colleen How kind of you to answer my question and no I have not seen McLeods Daughters but heard its great. I need your help. I am somewhat of a novice on getting around the entertainment part of the internet. I use a
        computer every day in my business. PR firm 15 yrs. Could you give me some help in how to access this show. I really liked Rachels performance on the Glades, she and Matt acted well together and also Callie. Callie in an interview said she had a girl crush on her. I don’t think that was case in season 2. To me the show went downhill from there. Is Rachel back in Australia?

Comment by Dory – November 6, 2013 02:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
        • Dory, all of the McLeods’s Daughter’s seasons are on Netflix. Also if you type McLeod’s Daughters into Google you will find lots of things about the show. I was so sad when they cancelled Against The Wall. I really liked that show. I have gotten to the point that I rarely get involved in series TV shows. I was going to watch Betrayal, but it just doesn’t seem like something that will last, so I don’t want to get involved in it. Let me know what you find about McLeod’s. I have all 8 seasons and I have watched them over and over.

Comment by cobaber – November 6, 2013 04:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
          • cocobar Will try Netflix this wkend. Googled but couldn’t get on. No sign of Rachel. I would be most interested in what she’s doing now. Will check back.

Comment by Dory – November 7, 2013 07:09 AM PDT
  • Colleen checked google brought up McLeods daughters wouldn’t let me on. Can onlt access from Australia. web had some pics beautiful ladies and handsome gentlemen. Will snoop some more this wkend. Will get back.

Comment by Dory – November 7, 2013 07:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • i just watched episode 13. don’t leave us hanging like this.
    a fan from the netherlands

Comment by ellen – November 7, 2013 12:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • does it do any good to leave a reply. those idiots don’t read anything anyway. We have no say the matter. I got hooked on Glades to me it was like another Castle or Bones. Stupid stupid people who run these things don’t have a f-ing clue what they are doing but hey they make the big bucks. NO MORE A&E for me. It was the only thing i watched there.

Comment by Rose – November 7, 2013 02:50 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe you took off the glade. My mom and I were just talking about when it starts back up and I find this. I can’t say anything about duck dynasty bc I love them but I can say get rid of some of those stupid storage war shows. Heck get rid of them all but why did you have to take off the glades. Please don’t take longmire too. Please put back on the glades.

Comment by patricia – November 8, 2013 01:07 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Seriously? A&E is going to leave us all hanging like this? I’m disappointed in this network because I really thought that they were moving beyond being just another second-rate cable channel. They still have Longmire apparently but that’s a shock.

Comment by LindaLS – November 10, 2013 12:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hey folks, I guess we have to grin and bear it! Passmore has a new show!!

Comment by Jeanne – November 10, 2013 06:49 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Jeanne, thanks for the info. I was afraid this would happen. As unhappy as I am about the “Glades” cancellation, I have to say I’m happy for Jim and will watch his new show for sure.

Comment by Bernadette – November 10, 2013 08:14 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Even if Matt Passmore has a new gig, maybe he would consider a two hour movie to wrap up the ending of “The Glades”.

Comment by Bernadette – November 10, 2013 08:35 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A 2 hour movie seems to be an excellent idea and the least that A&E owes the loyal audience of The Glades.

Comment by cobaber – November 10, 2013 10:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • what is his new show ?????/

Comment by mary – November 10, 2013 01:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what a bunch of losers ending such a great show!!!, so disappointing…

Comment by kevin – November 10, 2013 06:10 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Huge mistake!!!!!!! And they are paying one of the guys on Duck Dynasty $250,000.00 an episode. REALLY! Good grief people. Who watches that crap? Series drama for me. Let us all pray that another station picks it up.

Comment by Lisa Horne – November 10, 2013 08:49 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its too late! He already has another show!! Heartbreaking

Comment by Jeanne – November 11, 2013 07:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Matt Passmore has rebounded from this summer’s Glades cancellation with a starring role in one of USA Network’s most buzzed about pilots.

TVLine has learned that the Aussie actor has been tapped to star in an untitled drama project from Suits scribe Sean Jablonski.

The potential series follows investment banker Neil Truman (Passmore) and his wife, Grace, as they struggle to sift through their stagnant marriage, looking for the spark they once had. When Neil discovers that Grace has been seeing a male escort his entire world is turned upside down. As he gains a new perspective on life and what motivates women, Grace contemplates her own needs and whether her marriage is worth saving.

Comment by Jeanne – November 11, 2013 07:37 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Hello everyone, I’m getting many fans asking me whether or not The Glades will be back, but I’m sorry I just don’t know. If The Glades was to come back right now (no matter what the network) Matt wouldn’t be the lead role because he is now contracted elsewhere for the next few months, but he could always shoot it later once this contract is up, or if a special clause was added to permit him to film elsewhere during his off season. Unfortunately, since we haven’t heard anything official from any other network about a pick up, we can only assume it’s not coming back and that A&E are standing by their initial cancellation. Please don’t shoot the messenger… I’m not happy with the cancellation either. There is always hope. Regards, Helen (Page Manager)

Like · · Share · 259683 · 7 hours ago · ·

Comment by Jeanne – November 11, 2013 08:42 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Thank you Helen for the update on The Glades..Many of us are extremely upset with the A&E decision and I for one have removed their channel from my t.v. line-up, to get A&E now I would have to enter in the channel numbers and I will not be doing that again. As far as this household is concerned the network no longer exists. I wish they could have at least not left us with such a devastating cliffhanger knowing full well the series was being cancelled, even with the good rating numbers the decision had been made in advance. I wish Matt Passmore all the best and will follow him in his hopefully new USA series.

Comment by SherryB – November 11, 2013 10:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post

Like · · Share · 259683 · 7 hours ago · ·

Comment by Jeanne – November 11, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m just so mad at A&E….I Want The Glades back, at least give us an ending, a happily ever after, something!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Teresa D – November 11, 2013 10:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • MATT WROTE ON FACEBOOK THAT WHILE HE APPRECIATES ALL OF THE SUPPORT, HE HAS ANOTHER SHOW COMING ON US. EVEN IF THEY RENEW THE SHOW, HE WOULDN’T BE THE LEAD (WITH HIS CONTRACT!)PRESENT

Comment by Jeanne – November 11, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I Personally would like to see the Glades come back, It’s a show that we as a family could enjoy and did so every week ! they really shouldn’t leave the fans of the show just hanging..not knowing. they should tie up the lose end of the show..WHO SHOT JIM????? Does he live or die??? Where and what is Ray up to ????. plus everything else!!!

Comment by priscilla – November 11, 2013 08:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I AGREE THE A&E TV EXEC’S ARE IDIOTS!!!!!!!!!!!! They have the highest rating of a show & they cancel it……….Makes since to me? Duh??? What are you thinking? This was a GREAT show & it didn’t have a lot of crap that you have to tell your kids leave the room or close your eyes……….If you want to be perceived as somewhat intelligent you might want to consider renewing The Glades! & to leave it hanging in limbo was crazy too…

A Concerned Viewer…..Terri K.

Comment by Terri Kackley – November 13, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its too late! He’s under contract for another program! A&E Sucks!!

Comment by Jeanne – November 13, 2013 02:34 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is a&e F…n crazy??????????????? The Glades is a damn fine show. And to leave us hanging in midair not knowing what happened to Jim…..WTFFFFFFFF

Comment by boo – November 15, 2013 11:54 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Its shameful and stupid! But, Jim has gone elsewhere with a new contract for another show. Really sad! A&E sucks!!

Comment by Jeanne – November 15, 2013 12:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • It’s a shame A&E took The Glades off the air. It was my most favorite show ever. I won’t watch A&E any longer, especially, as others have said, they have crap they are airing now. Who cares about Duck Dynasty. Or about “reality” shows. I hope another station decides to pick up The Glades; it would sure do that station a world of good to do so.

Comment by Betsy – November 18, 2013 12:40 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • . I love the Glades and Longmire. A&E has definitely lost more viewers. These are the only reason I know the location A&E rests on the tuner. now I’ll delete that from my favoeites

Comment by vetmagnum mills – November 18, 2013 10:25 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I watched one show on A and E…..the Glades nothing else appealed to me.
      Wish we had seen a decent ending…..but I am glad Matt will do a new series…I wish
      him all the best. Right now I am concentrating on my favorite show on abc on Sunday eve…
      BETRAYAL.

Comment by mary – November 18, 2013 10:42 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One of THE best shows on TV. Love all of the cast. No-one asked us to take this seriously-,it’s an hour long chick flick – wanted to see Jim and Callie get married. Can’t see it here any more, but got all my family hooked on it when I was in England earlier this year.

Comment by charles – November 18, 2013 10:54 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just don’t get TV anymore. We like “stories” not real (made up) housewives and other stupid shows. Take a vote on who wants shows like The Glades and Longmire to keep going or who would rather watch Real Housewives/The Batchelor,/watch how I raise my kids kinda thing! I honestly believe you are going to get more votes for The Glades and Longmire.
    I’ll just stop watching TV and start reading.

Comment by Sharon – November 19, 2013 11:21 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • So sorry to hear the glades was cancelled. My husband and I were waiting for it to come on for 2013-2014 season. I really love that show. We will miss it!!!! So few good shows left. I am sooooo sick of so called reality shows. We more good shows like the glades!!!!!!!

Barb

Comment by Barb Koetter – November 19, 2013 04:28 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved Glades and love Longmire.

Comment by Judy – November 20, 2013 05:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post