Cop, Out: The Glades Cancelled By A&E

Get More: Cancellations, News

The Glades CancelledTalk about a lousy (non-)wedding gift: Just days after The Glades scored season-high ratings with its Season 4 finale, A&E has officially cancelled the Florida-based procedural.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Menace to Raise Hell on A&E’s Bates Motel

The series on Monday night wrapped up its fourth season with an audience of 3.4 million total viewers, with 1.1 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot — also marking all-time highs for a finale.

Sadly, that season-ender also left groom-to-be Jim’s life in flux, shot as he was by an unseen assailant.

RELATED | Alias Alum Checks Into A&E’s Bates Motel as Norma’s [Spoiler]

On Thursday, A&E’s other Monday-night drama, Longmire, took a big step toward seeming a Season 2 pick-up when exec producer John Coveny claimed as much on Twitter — though the cabler has yet to confirm the good news.

Tags: ,

Comments (840)

• Totally bummed out right now about The Glades demise..First they make us wait a year before getting new episodes, then leave us with a cliffhanger of Jim bleeding out, then say its cancelled.. I wish ALL shows would just stop with the season finales that leave a fan hanging, unless the network knows for sure that there will be a next season..I am so disgusted with A&E right now that I may just delete that channel from the lineup and not even bother with them. They keep Storage Wars, Duck whatever, held on the Dog forever, but a series as good as The Glades gets the ax..Maybe if they had done it like they do Longmire with back to back showings more people would have watched..Plus changing to Monday nights last season didn’t help. We the fans are creatures of habit and networks could care less..

Comment by SherryB – September 19, 2013 09:33 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What the hell. The glades was a great show. I am with everyone els ubplay a bunch of dumb shows( bates, ducks, the new dads show.) Looking like a&e are loseing a lot of people including me

Comment by jay – September 19, 2013 03:30 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What is the point of watching TV anymore?!?!! I mean come on you have the lead in the series SHOT as the season/series finale! And we are just suppose to go on without knowing?!!! WHY is Dallas back on the air when its MOST ICONIC character passed away?!?!?!?! I Thought TV was suppose to entertain…to take us on a journey of story telling and let us escape our lives even for just an hour. I am so sickened to hear about this cancellation as I am with the cancellation of BBC America’s “Copper” among SO others (I have a long list) of favorite shows. All this is very upsetting to me. Next they will be cancelling BONES, LAW & ORDER: SVU, CSI, NCIS, or BIG BANG THEORY. Again I say WHY watch TV anymore, just wait for shows on DVD/Blue-Ray. Right? At least we won’t have to watch COMMERCIALS!!!

Comment by Jeanne Lynne – September 20, 2013 05:10 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Wow! Seriously! they need to change their minds. That’s messed up

Comment by Penny Dalaba Vanderslice – September 20, 2013 01:37 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is one of the few shows I actually look forward to . . . loved the characters and settings, and enjoyed the humor, mysteries, and stories. And now A&E cancels one of the few good – and successful – scripted shows it’s had in years? Not good, A&E, not at all good. And to cancel it with a cliffhanger like that? Another sign that the audience’s preferences and intelligence don’t mean anything anymore – just the almighty dollar and “desirable” graphics. Perhaps they would have had more of these things this year if A&E had advertised The Glades as much as Longmire – or had bothered to release Season 3 on DVD – or had even decided to glance at the fact that they’d scheduled The Glades against more established programs than Longmire . . . but no, that would make too much sense, and heaven know there isn’t much of that these days! Come on, A&E, the posters on this thread are trying to tell you something – we’re tired of reality (cheap) TV: Bring Back The Glades!

Comment by gladesfan – September 20, 2013 06:23 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Hi Gladesfan. Please go online and sign the petition.

Comment by Melody – September 24, 2013 11:08 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I hope somehow they will change. If not I’ll bet Jim will get something else, if he has not already.

Comment by Dory – September 27, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glades gets cancelled. Well, no other reason to tune into A&E. A&E can go “duck” them selves.

Comment by Nick – September 20, 2013 06:39 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I didn’t care for the callie character AT ALL. But I LOVED the rest of the cast, esp jim. He is a very charismatic actor.

Comment by brianne – September 20, 2013 06:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • What a way to end the Glades – to bad you would not cancel some of this so called reality junk.

Comment by mal – September 20, 2013 07:35 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Like they didn’t know they were not renewing the show…Really crappy deal for the fans..I have cancelled A&E off my line up, not watching a thing they are showing anymore..

Comment by SherryB – September 21, 2013 05:52 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Glades was the only show I watched in A&E and can not believe that they cancelled it!! So upset right now.. Hope another network brings it back!!! BRING IT BACK!!!!

Comment by Deborah – September 21, 2013 11:06 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I WILL MAKE IT SHORT, A&E IS OFF MY WATCH LIST !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! PLUS I WILL NOT USE ANY PRODUCT FROM A&E. JUST THINK BACK AT ALL THE OTHER SHOWS THEY HAVE DONE IT TO.

Comment by AL &LYNNE – September 21, 2013 11:11 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A&E sucks. They cancel a really awesome show like the Glades and leave crap on. In fact, this was the only show I watched on A&E. So i guess they lost one customer, no reason to tune into them now. Great Job A&E executives.

Comment by dude – September 22, 2013 12:31 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Someone on here noted that older people are drawn to this type of show. Right up front–I am OLD. Next: they aim mainly at the 18-34 demographic. They’re young, and they spend–generally with little or no discretion. That’s who the advertisers want–very rarely us ancient ones. Have also been watching this from the beginning and am didsappointed–would like to see a 90-min special wrap-up–but it could be that this cancellation was a mix of network slashing it and creators/cast wanting out after four years. Read somewhere else that Kylie Sanchez actually would have liked out of it over a year ago as she likes the West Coast over Florida, where it was filmed.My best guess is that when the season finale was filmed–the writers had no clue that it would be a series finale. Just sayin’.

Comment by Candy K – September 22, 2013 04:48 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • Don’t blame Callie for wanting out. East coast, west coast. The truth is her character was treated horribly in season 2. Bad hair, awful wardrobe,mean Jim and to top it off the STAR of the show gave an interview re: the guest star that left a lot of questions. I’ve never seen that done before. How stupid could someone be. In spite of that I am still sorry they,ve been cancelled. If I were KS i would have told them to bite me way back then.

Comment by Dory – September 24, 2013 05:55 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
      • After thought:ACTORS DIRECTORS, WRITERS should keep their personal lives PERSONAL>

Comment by Dory – September 24, 2013 06:00 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • New name for A&E, crap tv network!!!

Comment by Karen Barnes – September 22, 2013 06:50 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Are you kidding me right now??!! I had to scroll down very far to get to the bottom, which shows you just how many fans are outraged. I wanted to post my begging request to PLEASE bring this show back! 3.4 Million viewers! I mean, come ON! IT’S A ridiculous and stupid business move! Ugggg So frustrated!

Comment by Jolene Boyd – September 23, 2013 12:39 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s not right… You can’t end like this! The only reason I watch A&E is because of The Glades. Why does all the good shows get canceled and the stupid ones remain. You will surely loose viewers. Lots of them!!!

Comment by Janice – September 23, 2013 12:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why would you make an awesome cliffhanger like that and have no conclusion? B.s

Comment by Richard L Robertson – September 23, 2013 01:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Have really enjoyed this show ever since it started. What a time to cancel ! Who shot Jim and does he live ? Shame on A&E.

Comment by Jeanne Geiman – September 24, 2013 08:29 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved the Glades. Really can’t believe you got rid of it and kept tattoos, psychics, Modern Dads, no one cares what modern dads are doing. it’s the dads job to take care of the kids. Not everyone likes tattoos all the time. We liked the Glades and the storylines. To leave us hanging with Jim dying is just wrong. Who is up the big chair making these decisions, someone who can’t read high ratings on last show. That means people liked the show.

Comment by Darla – September 24, 2013 11:26 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • WHY?!?!?!? BRING IT BACK AND NOW!!!!! The person(s) responsible need to be fired. I LOVE this show! Cancel a storage wars. I mean GEEZ! You have 3! Or Modern Dad’s or Bates Motel…..ANYTHING but The Glades!!!!! Very disappointed.

Comment by Krystal – September 24, 2013 12:21 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • A&E SUCKS ASS THIS IS B.S.THAT U CANCEL GLADES RIGHT IN THE MIDDLE OF A WEDDING DAY!!! WHY NOT JUST FINISH OFF THE STORY AND THEN LET IT GO IF U MUST CANCEL OFF A GREAT STORY U KEEP THE CRAP ON THE AIR BUT U CANCEL THE GOOD ONES A&E U CAN KISS MY ASS!!!

Comment by Jennifer – September 24, 2013 06:51 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back The Glades tv show! Our family is hooked we finally found something we like and don’t have to watch the stupid realty shows!

Comment by Sophie – September 24, 2013 09:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please bring back The Glades! One of the best shows! Sick of these no talent reality shows!

Comment by Sophie – September 24, 2013 09:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I looked forward to the show every week. I cannot believe you would actually cancel it and leave us all dangling with Jim being shot??? High ratings and you still cancel. Unbelievable – how can a bunch of hot shot tv network mucky mucks be so very ignorant

Comment by Michele – September 25, 2013 01:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • You are so right.. I have cancelled A&E out of my t.v. channel line up..I don’t even care to flip over the station now, don’t care what shows are on anymore. What has been done to the fans of The Glades is just wrong, the powers- that – be at the network knew before the finale that the series would not be coming back and yet let the rating numbers come in before making the announcement. Really dirty. It was bad enough that we had to wait a year between seasons, but to leave us all just hanging with Jim bleeding out, well that is just wrong..

Comment by SherryB – September 25, 2013 05:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • that was such an idiot move you retards and A&E you just alot of your viewers.so if A&E gets shut down im not suprised and i am never watching anything on A&E ever again

Comment by daniel – September 25, 2013 04:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This is why A&E doesnt even come up on the Radar anymore. Cancel good shoes and leave with an open ending. Then keep idiotic shows on. What the hell is wrong with these people.Hopefully a good network like USA or TNT will pick up the show to continue it on. A&E can eat a D**K!!!!!!

Comment by JIM – September 25, 2013 08:27 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • εισασται χαζι που δεν το σηνεχιζεται ητανε τελια σειρα με απεσιο τελος αυου δεν θελεται να ολοκλιρονεται τες σειρες μην τες βγαζεται καθολου ο κοσμος που παρακολουθι τες παρακολουθη αυτες συμενη οτι τους αρεσει για αυτο μην εισται βλακες και τελιοσται αυτο πουξεκινισαται

Comment by Μαριαννα – September 26, 2013 10:48 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • This show is the highlight of the summer. How can they cancel this show without at least tying up lose ends. I love this show. BRING IT BACK A&E or I will find another channel to watch. The good shows go and the ridiculous ones stay. Bring back the Glades and Longmire.

Comment by Mercedes – September 27, 2013 12:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • The world is one step closer to becoming the Idiocracy movie.

Comment by James – September 27, 2013 01:43 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I wonder if anyone else has considered Mike Ogletree as the shooter? Hated Jim. Maybe he escaped and did the deed. Good actor also. Maybe some day someone will write a tell all. ANYONE?

Comment by Dory – September 27, 2013 02:36 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Aw Mattie we hardly knew ye.. I

Comment by Dory – September 27, 2013 04:11 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • That’s it no more, we are done with TV. It’s time to rent or Buy Movies or make a Date Night and go to the Theater. Cannot deal with the Stupidity any longer. Will watch Longmire until the end and then, Click, the OFF BUTTON!! I will not put myself or my family through this again. We are done!!!!

Comment by Sue – September 27, 2013 11:03 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • This is the most sensible idea I,ve heard. Getting out ‘ having a date night. Every place in the US has live threatre, movie houses. We should not depend exclusively on tv.

Comment by Dory – September 30, 2013 02:22 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Duck Dynasty has got to be one of the biggest waste of times on T.V !!! I can’t believe they cancelled The Glades one of the best shows on this channel…..All the “reality” shows are garbage and they are cancelling The Glades….seriously?? We all need to stop watching A&E

Comment by K. Floyd – September 29, 2013 06:05 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what the HELL were u thinking!!!!!!!!!!!! put it back on!!!!!!

Comment by Garneice Smith – September 30, 2013 11:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • duck dynasty ,come on ,replacing THE GLADES you have to be kidding-please bring it back.

Comment by ruby – October 1, 2013 09:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I can’t believe that the Glades was actually cancelled! The cast was great and even though it was a crime drama, it had a lighter side to it, which gave it a fun angle, and made me watch episode after episode once I discovered it. Matt Passmore was a great lead and I think that there were a lot of other series that are just plain stupid and a waste that could easily disappear and no one would miss them. A&E you blew it big time!! Take the high road and put the Glades back where it belongs – on air!!

Comment by Louise – October 1, 2013 08:44 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I agree! They cancel the good and decent shows and put more of those stupid reality shows on. If I wanted reality, I wouldn’t look at TV. BRING GLADES BACK!!

Comment by Jeanne – October 2, 2013 07:41 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You really are full of s$#@ canceling a show ending it that way. Called my provider already and took out a&e soooooo sad, will never know the end. Man I’m pissed.

Comment by Carole – October 2, 2013 01:06 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Please don’t end The Glades this way. This is horrible. At least have a couple more shows so Jim and live, get the shooter and marry Callie. I would love a whole season, but if not, at least end it right. That was my favorite show and couple. No series should end this way. If A & E isn’t smart enough to end it right, I am through with this station. Hopefully, another smarter station will pick it up. I was really looking forward to the wedding and seeing Jim in a tux.

Comment by max – October 2, 2013 02:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • One more thing. I signed the petition to renew The Glades. More people need to do this. Please check for it and list your name.

Comment by max – October 2, 2013 02:29 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I just had a dream about The Glades. It reminded me how much I missed and wanted The Glades to be back on. I watch Netflix and I can’t get a-hold of the real cable shows. I feel like its my fault somehow. If A&E could just give us like one more season to wrap it up then it would fill a ginormous void in the loyal glades fans. you’ve let us down A&E. You’ve let us down.

Comment by Sara – October 3, 2013 04:27 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I cannot believe you would cancel such a funny, entertaining and suspenceful show without wrapping up the plot. We have been loyal A & E fans for Glades and Longmire and feel really let down by ending shows with no wrap up or conclusion! Bring them back and complete the storyline and at least give us an ending!

Comment by Lizzy – October 3, 2013 12:45 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I’m P.Oed at A&E for dropping The Glades the way they did. To have a great program and just drop it the way they did, without any closure is wrong. How about a 2 hour special to wrap it up with some class.

Comment by Dale – October 3, 2013 05:04 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • bring back the glades – it’s a great show – why in the hell would you cancel a good show when all of these reality crap shows are on like Honey BOo Boo and all the rest of the crap that is being rammed down our throats?????

Comment by Susan – October 4, 2013 07:47 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • what I’d like to know is where in the hell did you get your ratings from? obviuosly is wasn’t from the thousands of people that watch and love the show. What kind of crap are you trying to peddle to us who enjoy a really good show instead of a bunch of reality crap! I for one is fed up with good shows that are being axed because some asswipe doesn’t know a good show from crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Susan – October 4, 2013 09:01 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • A&E sucks! Duck Dynasty has taken over this network! I hate reality shows!! If I want reality, I wouldn’t need my TV. BRING GLADES BACK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Comment by Jeeane – October 5, 2013 08:56 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • You work hard for 4 seasons to seduce the public into investing in your characters. The absolute LEAST you can do is to tie up the loose ends. For good OR for bad. Just don’t leave us all hanging! (UK viewer).

Comment by Kriss B. – October 5, 2013 06:04 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • THX UK for a great post. Agree with all.

Comment by Dory – October 5, 2013 07:16 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Time to move on A&E is not commenting. I read somewhere else that MP is upbeat and looking to the future. Hope there will be some closure someday but I doubt it

Comment by Dory – October 6, 2013 04:59 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I agree with everyone when they say that A&E made a really bad decision by canceling the glades. They need to at least write about what happened to Jim. I mean at least tell us if he lived, died, who shot him. We need to know. If they were to bring the glades back for at least one more episode then they would get really high ratings. Because o how they left us all hanging in the last episode. How dare they just leave us hagig and Jim on the floor.

Comment by ME – October 6, 2013 10:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I am still just disgusted with A&E for their foolish decision on The Glades. It makes NO sense, we already had to wait nearly a year between seasons, then there were not that many episodes, and to top it off they broadcast a major cliffhanger knowing full well they were not going to resolve it with another season. Clearly the fans make no difference to A&E unless we are of the “perfect’ age group, well advertisers need to know we ALL see their commercials (which there are plenty) and we ALL shop..But this 1 fan will no longer be seeing them on A&E, the channel has been cancelled from my line up.

Comment by SherryB – October 7, 2013 05:40 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Why should we give up——-I think the more we bitch about how they treat their viewer the more they realize who is behind the rating——- Even if some of the Characters do not want to come back other actors are willing to step in. BRING BACK THE GLADES I THINK THAT USA SHOULD REALLY PICK IT UP AND WE ALL CAN BLOCK A&E FROM OUR CABLE CHANNELS…………………………………………………

Comment by Lisa – October 7, 2013 05:59 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • How could you even think of cancelling a series this way??????Jim laying on the floor and everyone at the wedding? Please put this on long enough to end it right. This was the best show and Jim and Callie the best couple. Do something before they get other jobs or hopefully another station will have enough sense to pick it up. I am done with A & E if they do not correct this disaster. I am not watching Longmire anymore. He will probably drop dead of a heart attack and get cancelled.

Comment by max – October 7, 2013 11:25 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • whoever cancelled this show should be cancelled from their jobs. WHAT were you thinking. This is a great show and IF you were gonna cancel WHY end it like this . THIS is just as bad as when VEGAS ended like it did years ago and we still complain about it to thsi day GRRRRRRRRRRRR bring it back

Comment by Gary S – October 9, 2013 10:08 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • SICK of reality shows. FIRE the guy who axed “the Glades” and FIRE the guy that keeps “duck” on the air! That family is so Rich. And now they are getting richer, thanks to A&E

Comment by lorinda – October 9, 2013 10:26 PM PDT  Reply To This Post