Cop, Out: The Glades Cancelled By A&E

The Glades CancelledTalk about a lousy (non-)wedding gift: Just days after The Glades scored season-high ratings with its Season 4 finale, A&E has officially cancelled the Florida-based procedural.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Menace to Raise Hell on A&E’s Bates Motel

The series on Monday night wrapped up its fourth season with an audience of 3.4 million total viewers, with 1.1 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot — also marking all-time highs for a finale.

Sadly, that season-ender also left groom-to-be Jim’s life in flux, shot as he was by an unseen assailant.

RELATED | Alias Alum Checks Into A&E’s Bates Motel as Norma’s [Spoiler]

On Thursday, A&E’s other Monday-night drama, Longmire, took a big step toward seeming a Season 2 pick-up when exec producer John Coveny claimed as much on Twitter — though the cabler has yet to confirm the good news.

1. Michael Dow says:

What the hell are you idiots crazy that’s the best show on tv I watch this faithfully stop going by ratings and talk to the fans assholes if you cancel this fan and gonna leave your network permanently stop being greasy assholes

2. Theresa Cutrer says:

That really sucks Glades and longmire where the only reason I turned to your channel

3. Martin says:

This is ridiculous, all you people complaining about “what am I going to watch now?”. Here’s an idea, why not go outside, or read a book? I can’t count the number of grammatical errors I’ve seen in these comments, so it seems as though many of you SHOULD be reading. This is a HUGE part of what’s wrong with this country

4. nancy says:

I don’t believe it. Keeping Bad Ink, Modern Dads. Unbelievable. I find myself watching A & E more because of this show. I may have to reconsider. Hope A & E reconsiders. Please listen to the viewers…..

5. Kim says:

This was the only show I was willing to even consider watching on A&E! This is why there should be al la carte programing, then we could all cancel just our A&E subscription and let them know just how dissappointed we are in this decision!

They need to atleast do a movie to clean up that crappy ending!

6. Trish says:

That’s just wrong!! How can they leave Jim on the floor like that?!? Guess A&E is off my to watch list!

7. genise says:

I will personally never watch reality, but so enjoyed The Glades and Longmire but the gods that be have decided we no longer needed anything that needs a brain to watch, but I am still hoping one of the sister networks will pick it up if enough people complain. However if we only complain and do not write in it is of no good what so ever. We really need to let A&E know or nothing will happen. We can do it without using bad language or words, we only want our show or show back plain and simple. We want a scripted show not reality – it is okay to have for people that love that stuff but it is plain to see everyone that has voiced an opinion does not care for it and you at A&E do not seem to be interested in any of our opinions only if it is a reality show and you have said over and over ‘WELL IT DOES NOT MAKE MONEY!’ Well sell it to another sister network half the stuff on the air puzzles me how it says year after year expect that it follows a great show and hangs on its coat tail, well The Glades nor Longmire does not have to have support from another show nor hang on anyone coattail. Just saying….

8. Bruce says:

Start calling A & E. I just did. The phone operator did not want to put me through to A & E programing department. Their # is 212 210 1400.

• genise says:

Thanks for the phone # had no clue as to where to get it! Now I am going to call. I think this as well as writing e-notes on here maybe will get their attention. I just want OUR show back. It is great and seems a lot of us love it. So you all get busy and call! If the line is busy call back remember it is just some one else that is complaining the more they get the better our chances are MAYBE! They will at least hear US!!! Let’s get busy people!!!

• genise says:

How did you get to programing? I only got to chat with a receptionist? That was it and they told me to write a letter. Did they listen to you in a favorable manor or what? Let us know and let me know how you were able to get past the receptionist please, thanks!

• Bruce says:

Genise I called and the receptionist came across as someone who did want to be bothered. No wonder A & E is going down hill.

9. Sue says:

Dont’ cancel Glades!!!! One of the best shows!!!!!

10. genise says:

Okay I just called A&E at 212.210.1400 and it is okay to call but they only take your calls and can do nothing but listen because I ask!!! The lady told me the very best thing to do is write a letter and that is what they will see and pay attention to. In other words these phone calls or at this time are not passed on at all they are only going to a receptionist only so our best bet is to write that letter. So get busy and she gave the address which appears as below so let’s get busy and put feet on our prayers and complains! She also mentioned they will pay a lot more attention to letters then what we say here. It goes directly to them!

A&E
    A 235 East 45th St.
    New York, NY 10017
    Attention: Programing

11. Bruce says:

A & E should change their name to LCD ( Lowest Common Denominator ). They have way too many reality shows.

• genise says:

You are so funny and I so agree with you! However once they have cancelled The Glades I will no longer be watching their network so will be no problem. I do however like Longmire too. But it will soon follow suit! Thanks for update and Phone#. Maybe we can hope they will pass it off to Lifetime – one can hope…

12. kari dean says:

They can Not seriously cancel with him shot that is a terrible series finale to a great show. The cast goes well together like a puzzle, writers are great, the script is excellent, Jim solves murders like no other cop show has ever. Maybe Glades will get picked up by a greater channel like CBS or TNT. No matter how much I like A&E and that is VERY much if they cancel Glades I am canceling A&E. I will miss you A&E

13. Nancy says:

I was so upset when I saw The Glades was cancelled, after seeing the last show, hoping they would take care of that story, and we could get on with the wedding in the new season. This is one of a few shows I make sure I see every week it’s on. Please don’t do this and then the rest of the crap you show on. PLEASE !!!!

14. BonnieW says:

I called A&E and the receptionist put me through to the Programming Department’s message line. I’m sure they’re getting swamped today with calls from irate viewers.

15. Jennifer S. says:

I would rather have The Glades than a reality show!! There are so few really good shows on anymore. Plus, I’m a single mother of a 15 year old boy – watching Callie and Jim gave me hope that some one, some day, will look past the fact that I have a 15 year old son and won’t mind being a father to him and love us both. Just as Jeff has grown, so has my son. What a disappointment… Please, please reconsider.

16. Lily says:

So disappointed! Can’t stand the reality shows, especially duck dynasty and modern dads. Enjoyed the show and that it was never too serious -except the finale which they now left us hanging!!!! See ya A&E

17. amk says:

OMG, can’t believe they are ending without us finding out who shot Jim! ridiculous!

18. Boooo says:

Talk about a cliffhanger ending. Was hoping for at least a couple episodes to just finish up the series. Heck even doing 3 more episodes would of been awesome enough to find the person who shot him and end with the wedding on the last episode. But no they can’t do that they have to leave the fans hanging.

19. Christy says:

That’s bs all the good shows always get cancelled and the crappy ones go on forever wtf

20. Rhonda says:

Doesn’t A&E stand for Arts and Entertainment? Shame on you for taking away one of the most entertaining shows you had!

21. Rhonda says:

This really really stinks. Why do they always cancel the best shows and keep the stupid ones? I LOVE The Glades and think it is awful that they are canceling it. T.V. shoes are going to pot with all these stupid reality shows.. BRING BACK THE GLADES. PLEASE!!!!

22. Dp says:

You people have no morels you have no consideration for great T V you got all these shows that don’t make any sense and you all get rid of the ones you do HOW DARE YOU LEAVE JIM ON THE FLOOR.

23. Regina S says:

We have watched Glades since it started & love the show. Can’t believe you would leave Jim on the floor & leave your LOYAL FANS DISAPPOINTED like this. I would like to know what idiots you have that pick out the shows to leave on A&E because Storage Wars seriously how many hours can a person watch storage war 4 times just on Tuesday night and then 8 times on Friday night, then Duck Dynasty 5 times Wednesday night you could at least put a decent show on at 7pm before you put those stupid shows on. Then Duck Dynasty & Bad Ink is on Saturday from 7- 10 pm. SHAME ON A&E!!!!!!! HOPEFULLY ANOTHER STATION WILL PICK “THE GLADES” UP THAT WAY WE CAN BE A LOYAL FAN OF 3.4 MILLION VIEWER TO THAT STATION.

24. Dewayne says:

Are you kidding me I have watched this show from day another great show gets canned I swear the monopoly never ends with these cable networks cacelling good shows

25. Dani says:

I agree with you guys, the Glades was really the only reason I watch A & E for a long time now. Watched every single show, was looking up when the season 5 premier would be as soon as the 4 finale was over…. sooooo bummed! Why do they end all the good ones!

26. Krista says:

A&E is just seeming to go downhill fast, I guess this season I can cancel my subscription to that station!

27. BEc says:

Nooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!! That is SO cruel! How can they leave him on the floor like that?!? I have to know what happens!!!

28. stewart says:

the only show i watched on this network, from time to time i would stay tuned and watched the cowboy show with the chick that played starbuck on it, but once they moved it to mondays i watched the glades, then switched it over to tnt for king and maxwell and major crimes… i wish they would have left it on sunday nights, but i still watched every monday…it’s just sad…

29. Terri says:

Biggest mistake ever!!!! So many loyal fans are going to be disappointed. Why would they do this after it got the highest rating? A & E should change their minds.

30. Linda K says:

I thought Callie’s sister-in-law shot Jim in retaliation for the police getting involved with her husband at the hospital, even though Callie had said she didn’t call the police, that the hospital has to report all gun shot wounds.. The sister-in-law even knew where the house was because Callie drove her past it and talked about the house (not knowing that Jim was buying it for her). She could have been tailing Jim that day and then shot him in the house, figuring if her husband goes to jail then Callie can’t be happy either.

31. Norma says:

I agree what a way to leave Glades. TV Stations keep all those stupid reality shows and cancel good shows and on top of that they leave you hanging. I agree A & E you shuck.

32. Marie says:

I’m so upset, no more A&E for me. The Glades was such a good show. Cancellation was a bad move.

33. Emily says:

How can you just leave it with that cliffhanger if the show wasn’t going to continue?! At least give us a final episode that sums it all up!!! C’mon A&E.

34. Laurieos says:

I just finished the series of “the Glades” on my DVR then I did a search to make sure it was the end of the season. I discovered it was cancelled without a proper ending! That’s unacceptable to leave your committed audience to an unfinished result! Thanks A&E I will not be investing my precious time in your network!

35. jeannie says:

I can’t believe a&e would get rid of a great show like the glades. I’m so sick of all the reality crap on tv. Please reconsider your decision.

36. Donna says:

HOW COULD A&E DO THIS TO THE FANS? i love the glades and have never missed an episode since the beginning! please dont let it end like this, please bring the glades back for the loyal fans that have been there since the start! give us back the glades and get rid of bates motel,cant u tell,the fans want the glades! PLEASE RECONSIDER! BRING THE GLADES BACK!

37. Ruth says:

I know most of us are writing, emailing, petitioning, etc., I also emailed shows like E!, Entertainment Tonight, and Access Hollywood to see if they would please help us and make THE GLADES cancelation widely known and how unhappy we fans are!

38. Sue Jackson says:

Love The Glades and the cast! Please renew and do not leave us hanging on who shot Jim. I think it was Callie’s sister. I got bad vibes immediately about her. Also your reality shows suck big time so cancel them not The Glades!

39. Silva&Silva says:

Such a shame on A&E. Hopefully another network will pick up where it left off. A&E ;you suck and to leave your viewer hanging, I wouldn’t be surprise if this is the end of the road for you as well. Too many junks airing on TV today…

40. JBC says:

A Special 2 hour episode to tie things up and properly end this fine show. Is that too much to ask for A&E? Please consider this and Thank you!

41. Cindi says:

One more reason to cancel cable, I guess you have to be a crappy reality show for them to keep it on your network, A&E is off my further viewing list you guys suck.

42. jim wheeler says:

glades was one of my favoritetv shows i will miss it very mutch so are you going to replace it with more re runs of whats my line

43. kphillips says:

I liked this show. But this year, I started getting tired of the formula. Jim accuses suspect 1 threatens arrest, gets a call and leaves to go to suspect 2 where he accuses and threatens arrest. Brings them in questions and lets them go. Accuses suspect 3 holds up handcuffs and threatens arrest, lets them go then goes back to number 1, then 2 ultimately settling on 3.

44. Beate says:

Glades has been one of my favorite shows! Then you have the nerve to 1) cancel it and 2) leave it hanging the way you did. That stinks!!! Please reconsider the cancelation . If some of these “cartoon” shows stay on the air……shows like Glades should have the same opportunity ….at least the characters are real

45. Dinah Ennis says:

Everytime you put a great show on you cancel it!!! But you keep Duck Dynasty on????!!!! Really???!!!! Maybe someone else will pick it up since you have no idea what a great show is!!!!

46. Dee Dee says:

OMG OMG I CANNOT BELIEVE YOU CANCLED THE GLADES THAT WAS MY FAVORITE SHOW, I CANNOT STAND THE STUPID SHOWS THAT ARE ON TV NOW, BAD INK AND ALL THAT OTHER CRAP I DON’T CARE ABOUT THOSE SHOWS, I DON’T NEED TO SEE WHAT PEOPLE IN REAL LIFE ARE LIKE, COME AND MAKE A DUMB SHOW ABOUT MY FAMILY…. YOUR RATINGS ARE WAY TO LOW BECAUSE YOU ONLY GOT THOSE FIGURES BY VIEWERS THAT HAVE THAT TRACKER WITH THE NEILSON COMPANY CONNECTED TO THEIR TV. I THINK YOU HAD 1000 TIMES YOUR FIGURE WITH MORE VIEWING THE GLADES THEN YOU THINK.. WOW THAT REALLY SUCKS, AND YES I AM YELLING………………………………

47. Brandon says:

I will not watch A&E anymore and I will make sure that everyone that I know will stop watching as well till they bring The Glades back.

48. Tiffany says:

What the freaking crap!!! A&E u suck!!!!!

49. amanda says:

No Glades means no A&E for me because that was the only show I watched on that channel. Guess i can delete it off my channel list now. A&E officially sucks now. Cancel a good show but keep the stupid show about a family duck call maker LOL stupid decision people just plain stupid.

50. Kathy hodges says:

I’m a Aussie. It was soooooo great seeing an Aussie as a main character, I’ve watched all 4 seasons of the Glades and am thoroughly dissappointed in the axeing of this great show. How can the people of A&E justify the reasoning behind the ending? A cliffhanger means the viewer has to wait until the next season to see what happens. Well what now? Does Jim dies? Do Callie & Jim get married? Does Callie move back an finish her degree? Soooooo many unanswered questions? Not Happy