Cop, Out: The Glades Cancelled By A&E

The Glades CancelledTalk about a lousy (non-)wedding gift: Just days after The Glades scored season-high ratings with its Season 4 finale, A&E has officially cancelled the Florida-based procedural.

RELATED | Grey’s Anatomy Menace to Raise Hell on A&E’s Bates Motel

The series on Monday night wrapped up its fourth season with an audience of 3.4 million total viewers, with 1.1 mil landing in the 18-49 sweet spot — also marking all-time highs for a finale.

Sadly, that season-ender also left groom-to-be Jim’s life in flux, shot as he was by an unseen assailant.

RELATED | Alias Alum Checks Into A&E’s Bates Motel as Norma’s [Spoiler]

On Thursday, A&E’s other Monday-night drama, Longmire, took a big step toward seeming a Season 2 pick-up when exec producer John Coveny claimed as much on Twitter — though the cabler has yet to confirm the good news.

1. MikeS says:

This is the pits. I’m just about ready to cut my wireless satellite and watch only programs that have successfully ended already. I invested a LOT of my good time in watching the programming and they yank the rug out from under me. That’s a breach of implied contract. At least it’s a breach of good sense! sayonara A&E and the whole lot a you idiot stations.

2. Pat G says:

No, no, no, PLEASE! Love this show. MUST know what happens to Jim (and the others), PLEASE!!!

3. Michelle says:

I really don’t think it was ray’s mom, I think it was the marshall that was watching Ray in witness protection. No o ne else knew Jim bought the house but that guy. (Except for his close friends at the police station) and we know they didn’t do it.

4. Sheena Jarvis says:

This is SO unfair. How can you leave all The Glades hanging? Is Jim dead ? Is the wedding a non event? This is not the way the show should end. With the highest ratings why would youkill a popularshow with all the other crappy shows A &E put on? At least bring it back long tie up the lose ends!

5. Pen says:

I watch 2 good shows on A & E- Glades and Longmire. The rest of the stuff is crap or reruns, This pisses me off to no end. It’s been such a nice change to see a couple of new shows each summer. Good bye A & E.

So disappointed in this decision!!!!!!!

6. Alia says:

But WHYYYYYY?! When you execs at A&E read a book to you kid before bed do you skip the last 3 or 4 pages? No? Then at least tell us who shot Jim and give us hopeless romantics the sappy wedding we (and Cali) deserve dang it!!

7. Gigi says:

I love, love, love The Glades! Please don’t cancel. Gotta have a season 5!

8. Jackie says:

This is terrible! The Glades was a great show! Please reconsider A&E.

9. ALICE C says:

I LOVE THE GLADES.BEST SHOW ON A&E.I WLL NO LONGER WATCH A&E.IT WAS THEBEST SHOW EVER ON A&E

10. Nikki says:

Very, very disappointing. It was such a great show with some great characters, I loved it. Fingers crossed that they do something to at least allow some closure after that cliffhanger.

11. Mel says:

Damn u A&E ending on a cliff hanger after we’ve invested so much time in the happy ever after Jim/Callie ending :(

12. Darlene says:

This is just wrong. I really liked this show and now they decide to cancel. Maybe I should cancel A&E

13. Bruce says:

Here is A & E’s phone number again (212) 210-1400. Start calling on Tuesday. Does anyone have a email address to A & E’s home office??? Lets swamp them with calls and emails. A & E might be dumb enough to get rid of Longmire too! Glad FX is around. They have pretty good shows.

14. Deb says:

What just what is wrong with A&E ? You get a good show like this and you cancel ? Makes no sense! Work is important in Florida. Good shows like this are rare. I am addicted to this show. Please reconsider! Not only for great entertainment but for employment. I pray to God you read these comments and reconsider and do the right thing

15. Deb says:

And why does A&E keep canceling good shows? I don’t get it.

16. Jon says:

This is the only show that got me interested in A&E, besides being the only cop show that isn’t New York based, in a great place like Florida. Guess its time to cancel A&E.

17. Tanya says:

This sucks! I really hope they do some kind of wrap up for us fans!

18. Rebecca says:

Please tell me this is not so!!!! I love this show. One of the best alongside Longmire. You have to at least let us know what happens to Jim, Callie, Carlos and Daniel.

19. cindy says:

This is the worst mistake a&e could make
    Have watched the glades from the beginning
    Sure is a dirty way to treat the fans. If it wasn’t for the viewer’s where would they be. Every body should boycott them and call in and complain. I am not watching a*e ever again. I am going to call and complain. Sick and tired of all these reality bull s#$t shows. Tv is beginning to suck.

20. Diane says:

Except for Longmire I am now boycotting A&E. Duck Dynasty sucks as do all reality shows. It was so cool to have a show set in “Palm Glade” Florida! NY, LA and Philadelphia are always represented. The Glades was low-key but super entertaining. Boooo A&E !!! Super bad decision to cancel.

21. Harv Berman says:

GIVE ME A BREAK — you can’t end the series with Jim in a pool of blood on his wedding day…at least let us know if he lives or dies. Does Carlos come to his aid or not? I’m betting on the ex-mother-in-law who pulled the trigger.

22. Maureen says:

No more realty shows…..please keep Glades on!

23. RichieS says:

I hope Kiele Sanchez ends up on Justified. She had great chemistry with Tim Olyphant when they co-starred in ” The Perfect Getaway “.

24. fancy meeting you here says:

I can’t believe Jim (that tall drink of water) isn’t going to be strolling through my bedroom on Monday night.

25. Ellen Horton says:

Makes me sick A&E not picking up Glades and leaving it so unfinished. And to leave some of the other stupid stuff ie Duck show just plain stupid on their part. So it wasn’t reality it was a nice change.

26. Jim says:

I Loved The Glades, and if Longmire goes, I’m done with A&E..

27. Lorraine Sorrells says:

WTH. Please someone else take this over. I love this show. What a stupid move A&E? What now, a reality show? Like we need another one of those!

28. claudia vaudruil says:

I am very disappointed in A& E’s decision to cancel The Glades….What are you thinking?
    Bad decision .Don.t care to support future A&E pogramming- dumb, dumb!!
    How could you have a story line with no conclusion?Great cast, and ensemble acting!
    Bad decision making. Don’t ever watch Longmire

29. Felicity says:

Disappointed the network decided to cancel as the season ended on a cliffhanger…from Aussie fan

30. kelly says:

netflix needs to pick it up.. it has the other season and it’s popular on netflix.

31. Desi1m says:

No, no, no.. I hate it when tv-bosses don’t give a serie a proper ending

32. PepperJo says:

Noooooo! Love the Glades; it’s great summer fare. And seriously???? They’re going to end it like that?!?!?!? I want my money back–or at least all the time I invested in it this season. But really, I just want The Glades back. Or at the very, very least, a wrap up to the finale.

33. Sven says:

I’m sorry to see Detective Longworth go out with such a mediocre final episode but let’s face it, the writers called Season 4 mostly in with the same pattern of “accuse anybody around until finally someone confesses” and lastly their attempt to get the network for another season by ending it on a cliffhanger (with one of the worst action Matt Passmore had done in a while, I think he did know it was the ending). They did a gamble and lost while hanging out the fans to dry. Their tweets are just an embarrassment, blaming the network totally after such a bad writing seasons, they contributed to this decision.

I just netflixed Season 1/2 over the weekend again as my sign of mourning which in my book were the best ones (and remember the glades was the first scripted show on A&E to actually ever get a second season) and I for sure will miss the show, especially for the banter between Carlos and Jim.

The only other show on A&E that I could continue to watch is Longmire but even there the writers are not longer up to their game with bringing in this lame revenge cop arch. Not that this has been done over and over in shows, it’s actually putting me off from watching / purchasing the next season of Longmire. The Glades cancellation will add to that, so I might not be back for on A&E, even for Longmire.

I can’t understand A&E decision, they could have asked the studio to change writers and get back quality of Season 1/2 and given it at least 6 episodes as ending with the viewer figures and the cost of the show that would have been reasonable.

Bad decision.

34. Laura says:

I am so disappointed that “The Glades” has been cancelled. i have watched it since the beginning. If the show must be cancelled please A&E do a show that will wrap up the story lines left hanging. I feel the way the season ended is very unfair to the fans of the show!

35. Tanya Vaught says:

The Glades and Longmire were the only two shows I watched on A&E. I agree about finishing The Glades up with a movie. That’s the least you stupid people could do for us faithful fans.

36. Dave says:

Instead of cancelling what use to be a great show; kick the writers in the ass and tell THEM to get back to writing a good show. I really don’t understand how these big shots make their decisions. The networks could save a LOT of money by firing them, and flip a coin instead. Seems like if I like a show——– it’s cancelled. Guess we can always watch them whittle duck calls

37. Steve says:

The writers for Jim’s Character continued to juvenile down his lines to the point of being a bad comedian..almost groucho in delivery. Story lines were shallow…Loved the first two seasons…but who knows what a season constitutes these days?

38. katinka says:

Whatt.. No freak way.. You can leave Jim laying in kitchen and leave us not knowing what happen.. You need to get this show pick up for one more and end with correct ending..

39. Leslie says:

You wait all summer to see a show that keeps your attention and sure because I like it it’s cancelled I’m sorry to see it go hopefully some other station picks it up.

40. Annmarie O says:

I am devastated. I love this show, the characters and the story line. Are they nuts? Quality programming isn’t as interesting as as storage locker finds!!!

41. pamela carlton says:

I will not start another series with A&E if this is what they do to great shows like Glades !
    How can a business decision like that justify still holding to hours of Storage Wars and Duck Dynasty ? Rethink please,,,,Pamela Carlton

• kath says:

The ratings of Duck Dynasty prove P.T. Barnum’s belief that you can’t go broke underestimating the intelligence of the populace.

42. Sandra Hardymon says:

Can not believe A&E is not going to bring back the Glades. I will quit watching A&E. This is the most upsetting thing. The Glades and Longmire are two of my favorite shows. Bring it back – please.

43. jean says:

A & E wake up I’m tired of all the vampire stuff boring plz give us jim back I finally find a show I love to watch and makes me smile and laugh and u take it away get new writers if thats the problem make it happen give us jim give us jimmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmj

44. jimmy says:

In the tradition of many saved shows, I am mailing A&E a sleeve of golf balls. Save the Glades!

45. Patti says:

I can’t believe they cancelled the show. I have been a loyal watcher since it premiered. They had to have known they were going to cancel at least they could have tied everything up. They will keep reruns of the first 48 on but they pull the plug on this show. Whatever so now i don;t watch A&E anymore.

46. Monica says:

really dont end The Glades…was bad enough Hell on Wheels ended-A&E the other stuff on the channel is garbage, so please keep the good shows!

47. kath says:

Too bad. The Glades was a lot more fun than that dour, angsty season of Longmire.

48. BIG MISTAKE A&E……Glades and Longmire the summer Monday night one-two punch. Look at the numbers, things were getting so good. So not fair to loyal viewers, as usual. If you replace it with a stinky reality show I’ll NEVER tune in the A&E EVER AGAIN. You must reconsider this most distressing decision. BRING GLADES BACK !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

49. Jennifer says:

This really makes me mad. I just watched all of the episodes on Netflix so I could catch up and watch new episodes this season. Not cool to leave a cliffhanger like that A&E. I don’t think I will be investing any more time on your shows.

50. Savi says:

Ratings up. You’ve got a good line up of shows. Why would you take that quirky sexy Jim away? This is why fans want to not even get invested in shows. We’ve watched entertaining crime solving, a romance that has weathered a lot and we do not get the wedding!!! And you leave Jim shot. By who? Where’s Callie’s ex? The show should go on! What is this new trend of canceling shows that have been on a couple of years or more without giving them the chance to wrap things up for the fans that have been loyal! Glades and Longmire a perfect summer line up! I will not watch a replacement show from your network!