Ratings: Motive Finale Down, Big Bro Tops Night

Get More: Finales, News, Ratings

Ratings Motive FinaleOn a Thursday night sacked by multiple pre-season football preemptions, Big Brother’s long-awaited eviction came out on top with 5.1 million total viewers and a 1.8 demo rating (per Nielsen finals), down 19 and 14 percent week-to-week.

Among Thursday’s season finales, NBC’s already-renewed Hollywood Game Night (2.8 mil/1.0) was down 22 percent and two tenths, while ABC’s double helping of Motive did 4.7 mil/0.8, down two tenths in the demo yet stopping short of hitting a series low.

TVLine hears that a decision on Motive‘s fate is still weeks away.

ABC’s Rookie Blue drew 4.4 mil and a 0.8, down 14 percent and two tenths.

Comments (11)

• I really like Motive. It is not the typical “murder mystery,” which gives it a unique perspective…… Hope it gets a second season!

Comment by Tazzy – August 30, 2013 04:31 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • It is getting a second season in Canada,I haven’t heard if ABC will air it

Comment by Keith – August 30, 2013 05:53 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • I really like Motive too – ABC did it no favors by going so long between episodes earlier this summer and the last two weeks I have had to watch it online as it has been preempted locally by football…hope it comes back and gets a better schedule than it had this summer!

Comment by Lizzie – August 30, 2013 05:46 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • With all the regional football preemptions (including the 2 hr season finale), how can the ratings have any meaning? I for one would have watched it if it had aired at the regular time rather than 1-3 AM. It just seems that TPTB should take this into consideration when making renewal decisions.

Comment by Maryann – August 30, 2013 06:57 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Motive wasn’t even on here in Hawaii. We had pre-season football instead.

Comment by GeoDiva – August 30, 2013 07:02 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Motive was an interesting, fun summer show. I like procedurals as they work to fill the void between new Castle episodes.

The networks should have all of their finales aired by the time college and NFL football begins/preseason ends or there will always be a difference in ratings. I didn’t even know Motive was still on until we took a break from the Vandy/Ole Miss game and there it was at the end. Is it possible for you guys at Tvline.com to a recap article on all the summer shows and if they are renewed/cancelled? I’m still waiting to find out about Crossing Lines even though my hope dwindled after seeing the finale ratings. :(

Comment by leigh – August 30, 2013 07:14 PM PDT  Reply To This Post
    • I LOVED Crossing Lines as well!

Comment by K2 – August 31, 2013 04:32 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Motive is one of the few network shows I watched over the summer (Camp, Under the Dome, and Rookie Blue). I actually thought it got cancelled when I didn’t see it for a few weeks. Hopefully ABC picks it up next summer.

Comment by Mel – September 1, 2013 10:58 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Is that picture of Courtney Love?

Comment by Mikael – September 3, 2013 09:20 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • luvin it…. more please! keep on and character is “interesting” and weirdly sic, ya’ll.

Comment by heatherwholley – September 3, 2013 09:46 AM PDT  Reply To This Post
  • Loved MOTIVE and wish it had been easier to follow, due to many football interruptions. Think ratings would have been higher. Please keep us up on the future of Motive.

Comment by Janet – September 26, 2013 08:53 AM PDT  Reply To This Post